What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drew Brees Thread (1 Viewer)

Didn't Brees have a pretty bad hip problem going into the season that never fully healed? I thought there was quite a bit of discussion about that and how it affected his velocity/accuracy.

Does that sound familiar to anyone around here? And hasn't that all healed now?

Didn't Brees have a pretty bad hip problem going into the season that never fully healed? I thought there was quite a bit of discussion about that and how it affected his velocity/accuracy.

It was his oblique, and yes it cost him most of training camp and pre season. It's reasonable to think that he was affected by this throughout the season.

I think he wins the job. Well, unless a teamate busts him in the mouf.
Maybe some new insight into the release of Galette...
A bit off topic but wasn't he voted as a team captain which was supposed to have worried the front office? Maybe part of the release could be attributed to a schism in the locker room between the force(Brees) and the dark side(Galette). I can't stop using the word schism. The idea of sword fights in the team showers is more than a little off putting, though. I meant light sabers.

It was his oblique, and yes it cost him most of training camp and pre season. It's reasonable to think that he was affected by this throughout the season.
You could see him make a weird flinch/contortion when he went deep, and his accuracy definitely was effected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brees was clearly hurt after the 1st Quarter sacking he took. He was off the rest of the game. Is it the kind of injury that lingers? Fat chance getting info on that from Sean Payton.

Posted this also in the Wk 2 injuries thread above:

VERY preliminary report that Drew Brees hurt his rotator cuff yesterday vs. Bucs. Tweeter below is a local sports radio contributor (on Sports Hangover, FM 100.3 for N.O. locals):

Getting word that Brees has a torn rotator cuff and is gonna miss the rest of the season. I'm working as hard as I can to confirm the news

— BryanInNolaEast (@BryanTNR) September 21, 2015

Saints coach Sean Payton indicated Drew Brees may need extra rest this week after taking a big hit to his shoulder Week 2 against the Bucs.

"We'll see how he's feeling, coming along," Payton said. Brees admitted the shoulder hindered him on deep throws against the Bucs, but he was not favoring the shoulder on Monday in the locker room. He may see limited practice reps this week, but it would be a shock if he does not play Week 3 against the Panthers.

Source: ESPN
Sep 21 - 1:11 PM

Doug B said:
VERY preliminary report that Drew Brees hurt his rotator cuff yesterday vs. Bucs. Tweeter below is a local sports radio contributor (on Sports Hangover, FM 100.3 for N.O. locals):

Getting word that Brees has a torn rotator cuff and is gonna miss the rest of the season. I'm working as hard as I can to confirm the news

— BryanInNolaEast (@BryanTNR) September 21, 2015
The 3:00 p.m. host on FM 100.3, Scott Alexander, is also working this story and has been tweeting about it a little. Latest:

To be clear, I am not confirming or denying Drew Brees rumors right now, I just know that I feel a LOT worse about it now than before noon.

— Scott Alexander (@ScottyAESPN) September 21, 2015

I am at the point now where I am ready to admit I was wrong about Brees 2015.

I thought he would be able to overcome the loss of jimmy graham but the truth is his wr corps is as weak as it has been in years. He's also a year older and hasn't looked good when healthy in game 1. Now he's got a rotator cuff injury that could keep him out multiple games and when he does come back who knows if his shoulder ever fully heals this season or if it will mess with his game all year.

He's a trade low candidate. Maybe even a cut candidate depending on who is on your wire to replace him.

Am I nuts? Am I not seeing something here? This injury is significant. To his throwing shoulder. Any reason to hold him? A lot going against him rt now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am at the point now where I am ready to admit I was wrong about Brees 2015.

I thought he would be able to overcome the loss of jimmy graham but the truth is his wr corps is as weak as it has been in years. He's also a year older and hasn't looked good when healthy in game 1. Now he's got a rotator cuff injury that could keep him out multiple games and when he does come back who knows if his shoulder ever fully heals this season or if it will mess with his game all year.

He's a trade low candidate. Maybe even a cut candidate depending on who is on your wire to replace him.

Am I nuts? Am I not seeing something here? This injury is significant. To his throwing shoulder. Any reason to hold him? A lot going against him rt now.
I don't think you're nuts. I'm considering dumping him in redraft. We have short benches, so theres a couple guys still out there. And you cant afford dead roster space.

NO is a mess. Brees is old and hurt. This situation does not instill confidence.

I tried to trade him for Denver d. Jets d. They told me to go scratch. That's how far he has fallen. Can't even trade him for a defense. Lol

I'm certainly not willing to send him under the bus just quite yet... I'm rolling the dice as I traded away the Red Rifle for him. I will admit I'm not seeing any rhythm or timing or flow to the passing game. He's on my bench along with Cooks. We shall see...

What do we think about him? I can buy really low (woodhead) and my qb situation sucks
Where's the downside? Your bench?

Woody might have what, one or two more BIG days, a couple meh games and a bunch of zero's ... that's at least a good possibility and hardly the worst outcome.

Brees is Brees. Or worst case, was and sits on your bench. Tremendous Upside for you.

What do we think about him? I can buy really low (woodhead) and my qb situation sucks
Where's the downside? Your bench?

Woody might have what, one or two more BIG days, a couple meh games and a bunch of zero's ... that's at least a good possibility and hardly the worst outcome.

Brees is Brees. Or worst case, was and sits on your bench. Tremendous Upside for you.
agreed and i ended up taking it. Loved the last line

Looks like he's a full go. Anyone rolling with Brees this weekend? I could see the aints getting their run game going against a Cowboys defense that was gashed by ATL's run game last week......Any homers with insight into how Brees is doing really?

This is great news for brees, the entire saints offense, and of course Brees, cooks, Coleman, Ingram, and spiller fantasy owners.

However, as tempting as it is to want to start brees and watch him in what could be a scoring bonanza against Dallas in Sunday night, I say sit him if you have other solid options.

I have Carr in @ Chicago rt now. Feel pretty confident that he will give a solid if not study performance for me. So even if Brees does off on my bench it's still the safer play, and frankly your qb position scores too many points to rely on an injured brees in his first game back. He oils make one throw and aggravated that shoulder and it's luke McCown time. And you've got .5 Pts from your qb spot.

Let's see him get through a full game unscathed AND looking like vintage Brees on the field and then he goes back to being an automatic start in my lineup.

I disagree and think you are overthinking this.

You have Brees at home against Dallas on national TV.

Instead, you are taking Derek Carr at Chicago. Not as easy a game as everyone seems to think.

Just weeks ago your decision would be unfathomable.

I have both btw. Starting Brees. Good luck.

I disagree and think you are overthinking this.

You have Brees at home against Dallas on national TV.

Instead, you are taking Derek Carr at Chicago. Not as easy a game as everyone seems to think.

Just weeks ago your decision would be unfathomable.

I have both btw. Starting Brees. Good luck.
Again look at the facts:

He has an injury to his throwing shoulder.

He has looked like garbage in weeks 1 & 2 before he injured his shoulder

He has very little talent at wr & te positions surrounding him outsider cooks who is NOT a wr1.

Plus he has very little rapport with any of them.

For me it's an easy call. It's one week

Users who are viewing this thread