What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eli Manning: Does Anyone Still Believe? (1 Viewer)

I'm not buying just yet. As an Eli owner in a 32 team league, this guy has burned me more often than not. He blew his wad against the Redskins and will probably go on to under perform against "lesser" teams. He does it time and time again. Maybe if he can string together 2 or 3 more games of decent production. But until that happens, he's still a turd.

Who are you starting him over?

Have to decide between him and Brady this week. Definitely going Eli. I love his schedule and plan to use him over Brady the foreseeable future. Never thought my teams most important position would be in the hands of Eli. On top of that I never thought I would like the sound of that based of his play and cake matchups coming.

Eli - 344 yards/3 TDs/1 INT - Atlanta's D is horrible and they just had Teddy B sling it around.

Have to decide between him and Brady this week. Definitely going Eli. I love his schedule and plan to use him over Brady the foreseeable future. Never thought my teams most important position would be in the hands of Eli. On top of that I never thought I would like the sound of that based of his play and cake matchups coming.

Eli - 344 yards/3 TDs/1 INT - Atlanta's D is horrible and they just had Teddy B sling it around.
I had Wilson and Brady as my QB's going into last week and Wilson had a bye. I decided to cut Brady and picked up Eli. Worked out great. I think for years Brady was so good he could win with average weapons. I think he would still be fine if the Patriots had good weapons. But they don't and I just don't see him doing much this year. Eli over Brady is a no brainer in my mind (it boggles my mind that I just typed that).

Starting him over any waiver wire option available to me and most likely will be keeping him in my lineup except on a few weeks if I can grab the likes of Smith against OAK

Same. Not sure I believe or don't expect him to fall flat on his face at any given moment. Just can't take anymore of Brady who is my only other option.

Lol since I cut Brady I've started Cousins against the Giants and Eli tonight. Yeah, that's working out well.

Rotoworld:

Eli Manning completed 13-of-23 passes for 151 yards in Sunday night's Week 6 loss to the Eagles.

It was a disastrous game from the Giants offensive line. Manning was sacked six times and faced countless pressures. He lost Victor Cruz to a knee injury in the second quarter, and wasn't able to get anything going underneath with Reuben Randle and Odell Beckham. Manning's season outlook takes a hit with Cruz out for the season. Preston Parker is now set to play the slot in three-wide sets. Manning will be more of a QB2 option in Week 7 against the Cowboys.

Oct 13 - 12:10 AM

Okay - until last night I truly thought he had top 5 potential the rest of the way. I still think this is the case but - not against the cowboys who look legit. Manning's schedule is pretty sweet especially for the fantasy playoffs

I wonder how well the other Manning would have done with no time to throw. While Eli and other Giants stunk it up, weeks like these happen where the team you play on a national TV night game is ready to play at home. Eli will get back on track, he just didnt help anyone this week.

I wonder how well the other Manning would have done with no time to throw. While Eli and other Giants stunk it up, weeks like these happen where the team you play on a national TV night game is ready to play at home. Eli will get back on track, he just didnt help anyone this week.
He would have been fine. The other Manning has the fastest release in the game. That's why he doesn't get sacked very often. Last night Gomer threw a high pass with no pressure at all thinking there was pressure. He's gun shy now.

Rotoworld:

Eli Manning - QB - Giants

Eli Manning completed 27-of-52 passes for 359 yards, two touchdowns, and zero interceptions in the Giants' 40-24, Week 9 loss to the Colts on Monday night.

The stat line looks much better than the tape, though Eli wasn't helped at all by his receivers. Rueben Randle dropped a third-down pass, while Preston Parker muffed three balls. Manning, however, was missing high at times and battling accuracy issues. He also took three sacks and fumbled twice, losing one. Eli hasn't tossed an interception in four games, but coming off the bye, it was an extremely disappointing performance. The G-Men head to Seattle for Week 10.

Nov 4 - 12:07 AM

Rotoworld:

Eli Manning completed 29-of-44 passes for 283 yards with one touchdown and one interception in Sunday's Week 10 loss at Seattle.

Consider Manning was in a rainy Seattle against the Legion of Boom, it was a reasonably fair performance. His lone interception was on a bomb that Odell Beckham tipped in the end zone and fell into the arms of Earl Thomas. The good news is that the emergence of Beckham has given Eli a legit go-to guy, allowing him to go over 248 pass yards in three straight games and throw six touchdowns during that span. He'll be a QB2 against the 49ers at home in Week 11.

Nov 9 - 8:05 PM

Rotoworld:

Giants owner John Mara recently gave Eli Manning a vote of confidence.

It's worth noting that Mara's comments came before Manning threw five picks in Sunday's loss to the 49ers. "We still think he's in his prime and still has a lot of good years left," Mara said optimistically. "It lifts the whole franchise when you have a quarterback who can play at that level." Fans and writers can often be far too quick to write off players, but Manning's TD:INT ratio is now 36:38 since the start of last season. He's posted a 6.9 YPA and 75.8 QB rating during the same timespan. Manning turns 34 in January, and 2015 is the final year of his contract. The Giants would be foolish not to at least consider a post-Manning future.

Source: Newsday
Nov 18 - 6:30 PM

I'm probably starting him this week over Russell Wilson. NFC East divisional matchups are there own animal. If Eli gets 8pts or 38 pts I wouldn't be suprised either way.

John Brown was a disaster at RT after Pugh went out. They have Geoff Schwartz back this week. Things will get reshuffled and Brown should not see the field.

It will still be a below average O-line, but not nearly as bad as last week and they won't be facing the same quality of pass rush.

I'm hoping Eli can come through for me through the playoffs if Wilson struggle while C Max Unger is out. After Dallas you could not plan a better fantasy QB schedule than what Eli has.

I'm probably starting him this week over Russell Wilson. NFC East divisional matchups are there own animal. If Eli gets 8pts or 38 pts I wouldn't be suprised either way.

John Brown was a disaster at RT after Pugh went out. They have Geoff Schwartz back this week. Things will get reshuffled and Brown should not see the field.

It will still be a below average O-line, but not nearly as bad as last week and they won't be facing the same quality of pass rush.

I'm hoping Eli can come through for me through the playoffs if Wilson struggle while C Max Unger is out. After Dallas you could not plan a better fantasy QB schedule than what Eli has.
Faced with the exact same situation at QB. Those rush yards and being at home has me thinking Wilson this far. Although, for many of the reasons you stated my gut says Eli. Must win week so I have to nail this one.

Faced with the exact same situation at QB. Those rush yards and being at home has me thinking Wilson this far. Although, for many of the reasons you stated my gut says Eli. Must win week so I have to nail this one.
Ouch. I'm not in a must-win luckily. The only argument I can make for Wilson is that his floor is higher than Eli's (whose isn't?). But I'm not even sure that is true this week. Arizona is playing ridiculously well on D since week 9. Patrick Peterson held Dez and Calvin Johnson to 70-something yards 0 TDs COMBINED.

The loss of C Max Unger is huge for Seattle. The 2nd string Center is already on IR and I'm not convinced they can solve that puzzle in 1 week. If Lynch could run with the current line they would have beat KC. If Wilson can put up in this situation I will never doubt him again.

Eli's at home in a conference game in an offense that cannot run the ball. I don't care what happened last week, that is a high ceiling situation. He could be a top 3 QB this week. But the floor is right aroung QB 32.

For those considering Eli over Wilson...Seattle's original 2nd string center Lemuel Jeanpierre is back.

I started Manning and Sanchez over Wilson last week, but I was sweating bullets. Wilson is a must start the ROS based on his rushing stats alone.

For those considering Eli over Wilson...Seattle's original 2nd string center Lemuel Jeanpierre is back.

I started Manning and Sanchez over Wilson last week, but I was sweating bullets. Wilson is a must start the ROS based on his rushing stats alone.
I saw that but I was concerned that the Jeanpierre guy hasn't played in 3 months. Not that he can't get there, but one week in against a top defensive unit is a real challenge. Wilson ROS I'm not super concerned about. Mainly this game.

I'm just a Wilson fan/owner, not a Seattle guy, so I would love more reasons not to start the Eli.

"I still believe I will be dropping his sorry a*# after picking him up for just one week" said the owner who lost Foles and Palmer on consecutive weeks

Breaking news: NFL.com has Eli as a recommended start this week. Wilson is a recommended sit. Based on nfl.com's track record of insightful cutting edge fantasy analysis this basically closes the book for me.

If it's worth any consideration, whenever I am picking which DBs I want to start in my IDP leagues, and I look over and see they are going against the NYG...they go into my starting lineup! Eli is golden for atleast 2 to 3 INTs...if not more. So if your league gives you negative points for INTs, Wilson would be my play all day.

If it's worth any consideration, whenever I am picking which DBs I want to start in my IDP leagues, and I look over and see they are going against the NYG...they go into my starting lineup! Eli is golden for atleast 2 to 3 INTs...if not more. So if your league gives you negative points for INTs, Wilson would be my play all day.
Eli has 11 int's in 10 games. He threw 5 in one game so in the previous 9 games he threw 6 total.

I'm no math wiz but I don't think thats 2 to 3 or more int's per game.

Eli has 11 int's in 10 games. He threw 5 in one game so in the previous 9 games he threw 6 total.

I'm no math wiz but I don't think thats 2 to 3 or more int's per game.
Sure feels that way. ;)

But he is prone to have those types of games where he can string together several games with 2+ INTs. I look forward to his gomer faces on post game low-lights.

After last week I think he's headed for backup status. He looks terrible and it has less to do with the guys around him than people want to believe. He's just not good.
He was basically living off of Cruz when he was the #1 WR. Suckage and then a 60+ yard TD bomb inflated his numbers.

Especially 2011: 74 yard TD, 99 yard TD, 67 yard TD, 72 yard TD, 68 yard TD, another 74 yard TD. among others.

That has all dried up. He's what he has always been without the lucky big TDs.

A few sites, including this one, suggesting Eli is a decent value play in dailies. Anyone rolling him out there in redraft?

Anyone have the stones to roll him out this weekend if your team is still in the playoffs? Juicy matchup vs a terrible Washington team. I'm giving it strong consideration over Romo at the Eagles in prime time.

Eli lit up the skins earlier this year and I can easily see a 300 yard multiple touchdown game.

wondering who the best start is between eli, cutler, and sanchez in week 15. all have good match-ups.

With emergence of ODB, IMO a case can be made that Eli us a bona fide #1 fantasy qb in the future...especially in 14-16 team leagues.....

1 game left - just under 4,000 yds 29TDs 13ints....thats with ODB missing 1st 4 games and getting feet wet...no jennings and Cruz most of yr...also figure the Giants invest in the OL next season......

I'm really liking Eli in 2015!

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Dan Graziano reports the Giants are "all in" on Eli Manning and likely to extend his contract this offseason.
Manning set a career-high in completion percentage (63.1) and threw for 30 touchdowns in his first season under OC Ben McAdoo. He's scheduled to count $19.8 million against the cap in the final year of his deal and will be extended to finish his career with the Giants. Coming off a bounce-back season, Manning should be seeking $20M annually.

Source: ESPN New York
Feb 7 - 5:18 PM

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Dan Graziano believes the Giants could let Eli Manning play out his contract year.
An extension for Manning could lower his $17 million 2015 salary, but the Giants have $25M in projected cap room and don't feel the need to sign him. Manning is coming off a bounce-back year after leading the NFL in turnovers. He's expected to command $20 million annually on a long-term deal. The Giants could be better off waiting until Ben Roethlisberger and Philip Rivers get their new contracts to extend Manning.

Source: ESPN New York
Feb 28 - 4:54 PM

Users who are viewing this thread