What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**OFFICIAL Minnesota Twins Thread** - This Is Totally The Year! (1 Viewer)

This could be a good time to almost put the division out of reach.  16 games between now and the end of the month are against AL central teams.  It is pretty unbelievable that the Twins could go .500 for the rest of the season and still be a 90 win team.

I was listening to 1500 espn out of the cities and they were talking about the Twins should be aiming not only for the playoffs, but for homefield advantage.  They said the AL East will beat up on each other with NY, Bos and TB.  The west will also somewhat with Hou, Oak and Tex but the Twins are in an excellent position in there division to take advantage and roll to homefield through the playoffs.

The Twins are going to need a bullpen upgrade if they want to take advantage of this season.  I'd rather get it now and sign Kimbrel than have to give up prospects to get it later. Offer him 2 years/whatever he wants.  Windows close quickly, and 2 years won't screw them in the future as badly as giving up a top prospect for like, whoever the Mets closer is would. 
Rumors that it is between Twins andCubs for his services

The Twins are going to need a bullpen upgrade if they want to take advantage of this season.  I'd rather get it now and sign Kimbrel than have to give up prospects to get it later. Offer him 2 years/whatever he wants.  Windows close quickly, and 2 years won't screw them in the future as badly as giving up a top prospect for like, whoever the Mets closer is would. 
Cubs sign him for 43m sucks for the Twins

It is nice to see Twins hitters getting some respect in the all star voting.  I haven't seen the numbers for pitchers, but Odorizzi better be near the top.

Nice rally last night, but we still need a closer
Very nice rally and nice to see them bounce back today after a miserable end to last night.  This team needs bullpen help ASAP!  Not sure if some of the relievers need more defined roles or what is going on, but outside of Taylor Rogers, there is not an arm in that bullpen that I trust with a game on the line.  Like I said earlier, it was nice to see the team bounce back today, and I don't think the veterans on the team (Cruz, Crohn, Gonzalez) will let the moral slip if they lose a few more late games because of the bullpen, but there is a breaking point somewhere.  I think they have to go after 2 relievers in the trade market (unfortunately giving up prospects) and give the bullpen arms more defined roles.

Rumors that the Twins are close to trading for sp Bumgarner from the Giants.  He would be a quality addition to the staff. 

Rumors that the Twins are close to trading for sp Bumgarner from the Giants.  He would be a quality addition to the staff. 
It will be interesting to see what they give up for him,  I hope it isn't a lot because it looks like it could possibly be a rest of the year rental.  Kluber has been talked about as well and I would like that trade a lot more.  You may have to give up more and you don't see trades within a division very often, but he is under team control for a couple years.

I'd like to see that.  Can their hitting continue or should expect some regression to the mean.
I think there will be some regression, but we also have to remember that the weather is just starting to warm up and the ball will also fly further as it gets warmer.  The other thing about this roster is that when one is down, it always seems like someone else is up and there is just too much power in this lineup.

This team seems to be hitting a little lull right now. I wonder how much that 17 inning battle with Boston took out of them. However, it is pretty impressive that they still have not lost more than 2 games in a row all season.  It looks like injuries are starting to catch up a bit as well with 3 guys being on the 10 day IL currently and Schoop being a late scratch today with an ankle issue along with Garver.  

This team seems to be hitting a little lull right now. I wonder how much that 17 inning battle with Boston took out of them. However, it is pretty impressive that they still have not lost more than 2 games in a row all season.  It looks like injuries are starting to catch up a bit as well with 3 guys being on the 10 day IL currently and Schoop being a late scratch today with an ankle issue along with Garver.  
Pitching is becoming a concern.  But still an amazing year!

The trade rumors are starting to come up a bit and of course everyone has Minnesota going after pitchers.  I never was too high on the Baumgartner deal so I am not that disappointed that it sounds like he is off the marked.  Syndergaard's  name has been coming up more lately as it looks like the Mets might sell.  One report that I read had Minnesota interested in him, but supposedly the asking price was Lewis and Kiriloff.  I don't think starting pitching is this teams biggest concern going into the deadline, but it sure would be nice to get another ace to go along with Berrios.   I don't think Minnesota would give up its top 2 prospects, but would you trade one of them and other prospects for Sydergaard?  I used to think Lewis was untouchable and Kiriloff wasn't very far behind, but with this roster coming into its own, it looks like the outfield is set for the forseeable future and Polanco has made huge improvements at SS and is signed for the long term.  I am more likely to move Lewis than Kiriloff because it sounds as if Kiriloff has been playing some first and could definitely be an option there when the team moves on from Cron unless Sano makes the obvious move from 3rd to 1st.

So what was talked about as possibly being an active trade deadline for the Twins has ended up being a very quiet one.  They did add a couple of relievers, but not any splashy players that were talked about or that the fans were expecting to a certain point.  I  am not sure what to think about  this.  This lineup is built to make a run this year and in the next few years in my opinion, while the pitching staff beyond Berrios is definitely in question.  I understand you don't want to raid your farm system too much and set your team back in the future, but overall this team is fairly young so there may not be a lot of room on the 25 man for these high prospects in the next 2-5 years anyway.  I just feel like we are still a rung below the Yankees (possibly not with NY not making any pitching moves either) and the Astros (especially with them adding Greinke today).  Looks like we will just have to sit back and watch how it plays out for the rest of the season.

I wish the Twins would of added a starting pitcher, so now we have to but our faith in their bats.  Still a great year and some fun baseball to be played!!!!!!!L

Total frauds. Falvine clearly overestimated where this team was at the trade deadline. The injuries are one thing, but the pitching - and you could see it coming for weeks and weeks - has been brutal. Even though they have the easiest schedule in the league the rest of the way, they probably won't even get the wild card, which is fine, because they would just get murdered anyway. Can't compete with the big boys.

Total frauds. Falvine clearly overestimated where this team was at the trade deadline. The injuries are one thing, but the pitching - and you could see it coming for weeks and weeks - has been brutal. Even though they have the easiest schedule in the league the rest of the way, they probably won't even get the wild card, which is fine, because they would just get murdered anyway. Can't compete with the big boys.
Agreed, I don’t know what they we’re thinking about the pitching.  Cleveland looks to good to hold off.

I understand that the market for pitching was supposedly extremely high at the trade deadline, but I don't get how you can neglect your pitching staff because you didn't want to overpay in prospects.  Prospects are so unknown coming up and this team looks to be pretty set at all positions for the next 2-3 years barring injury anyway.  It is kind of sad that this lineup is going to get wasted this year due to an uncompetitive  pitching staff.

Question - Aren't you guys supposed to be a year or so away from serious contention?  If that's true, this year gets your guys some pennant race seasoning.

:crossed fingers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tough game for me to watch last night. I'm a Brewers fan but I also see a lot of the Twins living along the WI/MN border. Even though both teams are playoff hopefuls at this point the Twins feel like the team with the better shot at going somewhere in the post season. It's a struggle trying to pick which team to root for in this series.

Users who are viewing this thread