What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**OFFICIAL Minnesota Twins Thread** - This Is Totally The Year! (1 Viewer)

Some nice moves this off season, other than Polanco.  Rotation, bullpen, and lineup should all be better than last year.  Too bad the stupid Indians exist.

I posted this in the main MLB thread.  This ought to be one of the better positions available this off-season.

The new manager will only be the Twins' fourth since 1986.  Mollie definitely got a shorter leash than Kelly or Gardenhire but he was a holdover from the old Terry Ryan regime.  I assume Falvey and Levine want their own guy in the dugout.

It looks like a pretty good job.  Minnesota was only 8 games under .500, play in a weak division, have some young talent and a lot of money coming off the books.  Sano and Buxton are obvious bounce back candidates.

I posted this in the main MLB thread.  This ought to be one of the better positions available this off-season.

The new manager will only be the Twins' fourth since 1986.  Mollie definitely got a shorter leash than Kelly or Gardenhire but he was a holdover from the old Terry Ryan regime.  I assume Falvey and Levine want their own guy in the dugout.

It looks like a pretty good job.  Minnesota was only 8 games under .500, play in a weak division, have some young talent and a lot of money coming off the books.  Sano and Buxton are obvious bounce back candidates.
Whereas I think they're obvious bust candidates.

interesting article in the athletic

Outsiders turned insiders are bringing a fresh, unconventional approach to pitching

By Ken Rosenthal Mar 5, 2019 26 

If in 2011, reliever Addison Reed’s first year in the majors, a team had hired a college pitching coach who neither had pitched nor coached in pro ball…

“Nobody would have listened to him,” Reed says.

And if that same team also had hired a first-time assistant pitching coach who had never coached at only level…

“Even five years ago, it would have been, ‘Whoa, what?” says the assistant pitching coach in question, Jeremy Hefner.

Ah, but this is 2019, and the Twins’ grand experiment – hiring major-league newbies at pitching coach, assistant pitching coach and manager – barely even registers as shocking in the new world of baseball.

The manager, Rocco Baldelli, 37, is younger than his designated hitter, Nelson Cruz, 38, and older than his chief baseball officer, Derek Falvey, 35.

Cruz and Gonzalez are solid professionals and savvy acquisitions.

I like what I'm hearing from and about Baldelli so far.

While not a lot of flash, definitely some very good moves made over the offseason.  The Cruz and Gonzalez acquisitions are a big plus for the young roster as professionals IMO.  The offense looks to have a lot of pop, it will be interesting what the pitching staff can do.  So far the results of the new pitching coach definitely look to be positive.

The twins are more exciting to watch now than they have been in the past decade. Everything seems to be clicking, and they look like the real deal.

The twins are more exciting to watch now than they have been in the past decade. Everything seems to be clicking, and they look like the real deal.
Just how good area they?  90+ wins?  Is their SP  good enough to take them deep in postseason. 

I'm too jaded to really trust it. But I think they need relief help more than anything. 
I've watched just about every game this year.  Their bullpen is smoke and mirrors right now (sans Rogers).  They could benefit from a couple more quality arms.  SP is solid, but can't seem to go more than 5-6 innings. (of course that is most of baseball)

Nice pitching today by Gibson.  another homerun to boot.  Nice to see the game sold out today, maybe Twins fans getting behind this team.

Gopher State said:
Nice pitching today by Gibson.  another homerun to boot.  Nice to see the game sold out today, maybe Twins fans getting behind this team.
My son and his friends went down to the stadium today, only to find out the game was sold out. 

The Twins are going to need a bullpen upgrade if they want to take advantage of this season.  I'd rather get it now and sign Kimbrel than have to give up prospects to get it later. Offer him 2 years/whatever he wants.  Windows close quickly, and 2 years won't screw them in the future as badly as giving up a top prospect for like, whoever the Mets closer is would. 

The Twins are going to need a bullpen upgrade if they want to take advantage of this season.  I'd rather get it now and sign Kimbrel than have to give up prospects to get it later. Offer him 2 years/whatever he wants.  Windows close quickly, and 2 years won't screw them in the future as badly as giving up a top prospect for like, whoever the Mets closer is would. 
I heard Kimbrel wants three years at 10m per year.

Users who are viewing this thread