What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****Official Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Online deals thread**** (1 Viewer)

I'm headed to Walmart at 6:00 - picking up a pair of the old iPad Mini - $300 with $100 gift card. $200 net seems like a good deal.

As I said to my friends.... you want to shop from your PC tonight or at the ### crack of dawn tomorrow I say good for you. But if you actually go to the store tonight/tomorrow AM and you start to talk about "workers rights" or are in a union I'm going to quickly disregard everything that comes out of your mouth and call you a hypocrite.

As I said to my friends.... you want to shop from your PC tonight or at the ### crack of dawn tomorrow I say good for you. But if you actually go to the store tonight/tomorrow AM and you start to talk about "workers rights" or are in a union I'm going to quickly disregard everything that comes out of your mouth and call you a hypocrite.
I used to get triple time working Thanksgiving 15 years ago. I loved the extra money.

I'm winded already from shopping on Amazon, Best Buy, and Wal-Mart. Gonna go heap up some more turkey and ham, get a 2nd wind, then it's off to Target, Tiger-Direct, and Williams-Sonoma. I might have to make a Starbucks run if I get sleepy. I tell you this Bloody Thursday/Black Friday wears you out.

If anyone sees any good camera deals give me a shout.
GoPro3 are running under $250 on Amazon, seems like a good deal. What type of camera we talking?
the GF has been looking for a "good camera." i dont know much about cameras. But im guessing something more than a point and shoot. One where you can change the lens. I will check out that gopro3 thnx.
The GoPro is more for clipping on to your hat and letting it run, or clipping to your surfboard, bike, etc…might not be anything like you want vs say a Canon EOS Rebel. You can spend a good chunk of money on a camera like $500-$1,000+ depending on what she wants. I think I would want to see what she likes first.

Tablet/laptop combo coming up as an Amazon Black Friday deal. (I'm assuming it'll be much cheaper when the deal hits) Do I pounce or is there a better offer around?
WTF?! I clicked Add To Cart the split second it became available and it's gone?

#### this Black Friday ####.
Getting one of the good deals on Amazon takes a lot of luck with all of the bots out there scooping them up.
I couldn't even get on the waitlist. So stupid.

Yeah this Black Friday stuff is a good time.

99.9% off a 180 Inch LED TV, marked down to $1.**

** only one available to the whole world and only the CEO's wife has the special code.

I'm headed to Walmart at 6:00 - picking up a pair of the old iPad Mini - $300 with $100 gift card. $200 net seems like a good deal.
Damn, that's a good deal. No way I'm dealing with that cluster#### though.
It wasn't too bad - took 5 minutes to park, 10 minutes to get the rain checks, and 5 minutes to pay. I'm at the inlaws in KS, so I can have them shipped home and not try to hide stuff from the kids. Entire trip was 35 minutes.

It wasn't too bad - took 5 minutes to park, 10 minutes to get the rain checks, and 5 minutes to pay. I'm at the inlaws in KS, so I can have them shipped home and not try to hide stuff from the kids. Entire trip was 35 minutes.
Around here it would be gridlock getting in and impossible to park. And just in principle I can't deal with the whole black Friday cattle call deal.Definitely getting an iPad mini sometime before Christmas though, probably online.

Around here it would be gridlock getting in and impossible to park. And just in principle I can't deal with the whole black Friday cattle call deal.Definitely getting an iPad mini sometime before Christmas though, probably online.
They are $250 online at Staples.com. I would have been happy with that.

Tablet/laptop combo coming up as an Amazon Black Friday deal. (I'm assuming it'll be much cheaper when the deal hits) Do I pounce or is there a better offer around?

Getting one of the good deals on Amazon takes a lot of luck with all of the bots out there scooping them up.
I couldn't even get on the waitlist. So stupid.
Haha, got it after finally getting on the waitlist and having them tell me I had a "poor" chance of getting it. :thumbup:

Lightning deal was for $500, BTW.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got this today. Went at 4 no lines picked up wristband. Went home drank beer and went back at 7:00 and picked it up. Really easy and I live 5 minutes from wally world. Had separate line were you had to have ipad wristband to check out. 10 minutes tops. Niece will be stoked.

If anyone sees any good camera deals give me a shout.
GoPro3 are running under $250 on Amazon, seems like a good deal. What type of camera we talking?
the GF has been looking for a "good camera." i dont know much about cameras. But im guessing something more than a point and shoot. One where you can change the lens. I will check out that gopro3 thnx.
If she wants a dSLR I'm not sure you'll find a deal much better than the Canon (T3)+(18-55mm Image Stabilized)+(55-250mm Image Stabilized) for $390 w/free shipping...

http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/cameras/refurbished-eos-digital-slr-cameras/eos-rebel-t3-black-ef-s-18-55mm-is-ii-lens-kit-refurbished

... although I think the Nikon J1 with a 10-30mm Vibration Reduction lens is a pretty good deal @$200.....

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/823580-REG/Nikon_27528_1_J1_Mirrorless_Digital.html

That Nikon is smaller than a dSLR but focus performance is very similar to a dSLR, The downsides are limited lens selection, no built in view finder, and smaller sensor size than a dSLR(but bigger than a P&S)

For the Android guys, i'm thinking of new tablet(s). I have the OG Transformer but i think it may be a little too big. The 8 inch seems like it may be the "sweet spot" size wise. I'm thinking the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 for $250 may be the way to go. Or is the Note for the extra money worth it? Never had an iPad (or iPhone) as they seem overpriced. Thoughts?

If she wants a dSLR I'm not sure you'll find a deal much better than the Canon (T3)+(18-55mm Image Stabilized)+(55-250mm Image Stabilized) for $390 w/free shipping...

http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/cameras/refurbished-eos-digital-slr-cameras/eos-rebel-t3-black-ef-s-18-55mm-is-ii-lens-kit-refurbished

... although I think the Nikon J1 with a 10-30mm Vibration Reduction lens is a pretty good deal @$200.....

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/823580-REG/Nikon_27528_1_J1_Mirrorless_Digital.html

That Nikon is smaller than a dSLR but focus performance is very similar to a dSLR, The downsides are limited lens selection, no built in view finder, and smaller sensor size than a dSLR(but bigger than a P&S)
I have been so confused with these cameras, basically have using a point and shoot for the last 5-10 years. Unbelievably our HTC 1 Androids have amazing cameras on them and so we have been using them all the time for the simple photos. However we want to go to some National Parks and we wanted to have a different experience, these all look good, thanks for the quick reviews on all these.

TY Nugget, wife will love that. Is the 16GB a pain? Just wondering if we really need more storage on these things.
16 is plenty for a tablet if the user actuall offloads things to a machine or cloud. If you want to store 500 photos and 3 full length hd movies and 2000 songs on a tablet then no. But I have a 32g iPad and I've never gotten close to filling it, even on trips where I put half a dozen movies and a lot of music.

TY Nugget, wife will love that. Is the 16GB a pain? Just wondering if we really need more storage on these things.
16 is plenty for a tablet if the user actuall offloads things to a machine or cloud. If you want to store 500 photos and 3 full length hd movies and 2000 songs on a tablet then no. But I have a 32g iPad and I've never gotten close to filling it, even on trips where I put half a dozen movies and a lot of music.
I can see the photos, movies no way, Netflix perhaps but I don't think you need storage. We have U-Verse 45bpm(haha) it's pretty fast so se will mainly use it at the house with Wi-Fi. Facebook, emails, amazon, Netflix, internet surfing, it will handle all that, right? I also want her to have one of these so at work she can access things quickly in these endless meetings she is always in, also something to make the meetings time pass quicker.

Windows has a nice Asus Tablet for $299, comes loaded with Windows Office($140) so the cost of it is pretty reasonable. They were available earlier, seems like they have a lot of them. 10 inch screen, might be a touch big for some, comes loaded with Windows 8. I guess that's more of a computer than tablet.

However we want to go to some National Parks and we wanted to have a different experience, these all look good, thanks for the quick reviews on all these.
I actually do quite a bit of my shooting in National Parks and two things that really come in handy are a good tripod and software that allows you to create HDR images. Typically, the biggest expense of a photographer is lenses but the wide end of the kit lens should be fine for shots of vistas and the like. If you plan on shooting wildlife that can get pretty expensive, however.

The interesting thing at Wally's today was the amount of people buying the 99 32 inch TV. Saw at least 100 in people cart's or people putting them in their cars.

I can't keep track of all of these "great deals!" threads.

Let's say I want the best deal on a 40-ish inch plasma... a reputable brand. Where should I look first? I would prefer a big retailer that I can walk into to pick it up myself, but NOT a situation where I have to be there fighting with people early in the morning. Any help?

Let's say I want the best deal on a 40-ish inch plasma... a reputable brand. Where should I look first? I would prefer a big retailer that I can walk into to pick it up myself, but NOT a situation where I have to be there fighting with people early in the morning. Any help?
Wait until January.

Wait until January.
Then what?
I was not expecting follow-up questions.

This online stuff is starting to look like a joke. Is there anyway to get a great deal without refreshing a page 1000 times in a row? Ain't nobody got time for that

This online stuff is starting to look like a joke. Is there anyway to get a great deal without refreshing a page 1000 times in a row? Ain't nobody got time for that
Ended up working out after having to wait through the waitlist for about 40 minutes or so. Still, kinda silly.

Wait until January.
Then what?
Go to a Pawn Shop.

Got a barely 2 year old 42" LED TV for $250 cash.

I see some pretty good deals on new-ish TVs on Craigslist. As long as they let you watch the TV for 15 or 20 minutes when you go over there, it should be fine.... no? :oldunsure:

Users who are viewing this thread