What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****Official Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Online deals thread**** (1 Viewer)

culdeus said:
Costco had a great one. 
I got the 14" Acer for my son's birthday last week, but he was a bit disappointed because he wanted a touchscreen.  I hadn't considered it at all, but I now realize the current teenager generation expects to be able to interact through the screen.  I told him to hold off on setting it up and am now looking around for an upgrade.

Here's the one I bought: https://www.costco.com/Acer-14"-Chromebook-Bundle---Intel-Celeron---1080p---Bonus-Acer-Wireless-Mouse-and-Protective-Sleeve---Stellar-Blue.product.100407290.html

I'm still looking to buy a TV and based on everyone's recommendation it looks like the TCL 6-series is the choice.  I haven't found it on sale anywhere yet, so I think I'm going to wait a couple of months for the next round of big sales. 

eh? Please explain.  Mine record continuously.
It’s been a year since I was considering the Wyze. I was referring to this:

“The 12-second alert videos have a 5-minute cooldown period, so when there is constant motion the camera will record a 12-second alert video every 5 minutes and save that video to the cloud for 14 days. With a microSD card installed and set to Record events only, the camera will save video to the microSD card as long as motion is detected.”

—Tell me, if a motion alert is triggered, then motion is undetected for a minute or two, and motion happens again, will the camera record the secondary motion to the SD card? I’m thinking it would restart recording for the secondary motion since it’s an event in “events only” mode and also would have been recording continuously if set to constantly record. True?

Initially when these came out, I understood the main drawback to be that a burglar could trigger an alert, wait 15 seconds to break in, then proceed to burglarize and steal your cameras with SD cards. Then there’s no cloud footage to retrieve. 

Would the only way to protect against that be that you would need to be available to remotely live stream events (single camera available only) and record them to your phone before the cameras were taken/destroyed? 

Love our Wyze cams.  One looks at the driveway, which we can't really see from any of our windows.  When the dogs go nuts, my wife can see if it's some stealth Amazon delivery car.  The other is inside the chicken coop so we can see the egg boxes and check on chickens at night.

Johnny Rock said:
It’s been a year since I was considering the Wyze. I was referring to this:

“The 12-second alert videos have a 5-minute cooldown period, so when there is constant motion the camera will record a 12-second alert video every 5 minutes and save that video to the cloud for 14 days. With a microSD card installed and set to Record events only, the camera will save video to the microSD card as long as motion is detected.”

—Tell me, if a motion alert is triggered, then motion is undetected for a minute or two, and motion happens again, will the camera record the secondary motion to the SD card? I’m thinking it would restart recording for the secondary motion since it’s an event in “events only” mode and also would have been recording continuously if set to constantly record. True?

Initially when these came out, I understood the main drawback to be that a burglar could trigger an alert, wait 15 seconds to break in, then proceed to burglarize and steal your cameras with SD cards. Then there’s no cloud footage to retrieve. 

Would the only way to protect against that be that you would need to be available to remotely live stream events (single camera available only) and record them to your phone before the cameras were taken/destroyed? 
Interesting.  I've always had SD cards in mine and I can go to the app and watch recorded video 24/7 through the cloud.  Maybe it's pulling that video from the SD card and I didn't realize it.  No bueno if so. I'll have to experiment when the motivation strikes.

I posted this question in the wrong thread but since B.B. was nice enough to respond I thought I’d share it here. Maybe others have the same question:

Does anybody know a work around so that our now teenage kids (who both have access to our prime account) can’t snoop into our amazon account to see the gifts we purchase?

Id rather not start a whole new “parent” account and have to pay double for prime. 

Thanks in advance. 

You can set up a separate Amazon account for a second adult in the household and then link it to your existing Prime membership.  I did it so I could buy birthday/Christmas presents for my wife without her seeing the orders (she pretty much lives on Amazon).  I opened the secondary account last year and don’t remember the process but you can Google it. 

Edit to add links:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201910370

https://www.amazon.com/myh/households

Also - Hulu is AW-FUL. 3 minute commercials that happen with increasing frequency the longer you watch a show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spend the day extra 13 cents a day to go commercial free.
I just want to make sure I understand this correctly. If you pay EXTRA, they will stop charging you to show you commercials? Brilliant!

If anyone else is falling for this nonsense just let me know and you can pay me to poke you in the eye, and then I'll charge you just a little bit more to stop. 

And some people think that sheep are dumb.

I just want to make sure I understand this correctly. If you pay EXTRA, they will stop charging you to show you commercials? Brilliant!

If anyone else is falling for this nonsense just let me know and you can pay me to poke you in the eye, and then I'll charge you just a little bit more to stop. 

It's a great business model they learned from Southwest. "Check in early and you'll get a better boarding number. Pay us EXTRA and you can get a GREAT boarding number!"

Ads generate revenue and subsidize the subscription price. No ads equals a higher subscription price. Not sure what's so difficult to understand here.  

Ads generate revenue and subsidize the subscription price. No ads equals a higher subscription price. Not sure what's so difficult to understand here. 

When I was kid (late 70's) I would go with my grandparents to one of their friends house.  He would get up off the couch and turn the TV off (no remote control) during the commercials.  Then about 2 to 3 minutes later he'd get up and turn it back on.  He did this every time.  Loved that old codger.  Now when I mute commercials I feel old like him.

Hulu provides some live tv and some streaming.  Their ability to get you live tv on demand requires a different ad model, mostly on things shown on network TV are going to compel you to watch ads.  You know, like what would have happened if you watched it on your TV.  

If you are interested in some specific content and want to know if it has ad/premium content justwatch.com is a good site to use to find the most cost effective model for you.

This Hulu discussion is very odd, has me questioning my own reading comprehension.  Are some folks under the impression Hulu is a non-profit or a public access channel supported by tax revenue?  Did we forget about the old days when we all paid $125/month for 800 channels of crap?

We have one under the eaves outside, and it made it through a Michigan winter and summer with no problems.  
its just hanging out without protection?

awesome

so far im liking this thing - not really sure how many ill need but at $20 i might go overboard

Probably late but now am looking for a deal on a Nintendo Switch.
A kid I know (who is in to those games) advised me to hold off on buying one for my daughter. He said the current gen has a known hardware issue, and that I would be better off waiting for the new, updated generation.

A kid I know (who is in to those games) advised me to hold off on buying one for my daughter. He said the current gen has a known hardware issue, and that I would be better off waiting for the new, updated generation.
Yes they are already talking about a new one, however I don't think any known issues are as widespread as feared.  

After dealing with the red circle of death on xbox 360 i will go nuclear if the seitch i just bought has a similar issue.

No consensus - everyone seems to like the brand they have.

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-robot-vacuum/ is worth reading.  Their top choice, the Eufy Robovac, is on a great sale right now for $150 - if I were buying one today, I would certainly get it.
Just ordered one, it will be here tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up, I totally whiffed on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Ended up paying $139 total after taxes with the promo code and my Amazon Prime rewards. My Xmas shopping is finally done. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wingnut said:
Just ordered one, it will be here tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up, I totally whiffed on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Ended up paying $139 total after taxes with the promo code and my Amazon Prime rewards. My Xmas shopping is finally done. :thumbup:
I'm close. Need to get my sister taken care of then I'll be done. 

Anybody have this TV?

Samsung UN55NU7100

Keep in mind I am in Canada where the cost will be higher but I can get it for $599 which is a good price so just wonder if anyone can comment on the quality? Seems to be a decent value, not top of the line, but a good living room TV.  I could also get a TCL 4 series 55" from amazon.ca for $499.  From what I've read it's a better TV, has the nice interface but I am not sure I want to order something this large on-line in case there are issues. 

TIA

leftcoastguy7 said:
What means this?
It means there are absolutely no deals on a Nintendo Switch or Switch games. The games that have been out a year are all $60. It's a joke. Best deal you can get is to get a bundle with a game. The regular Switch doesn't even come with a game to play so you're looking at $360 to get rolling. 

shuke said:
I'm assuming he's laughing because it's too late for a deal on this.  And the best thing to do would be to use Target's credit card which take 5% off all purchases.  
It's not that it's too late for a deal. It's that there are no deals. None. 

leftcoastguy7 said:
ah ok. Thanks for the reply.

I just said f it and coughed up $300 on Amazon.
I basically did the same thing except at Target. The wife has the red card so we got $15 off. That's the best deal going on that thing. Nintendo is awfully proud of that little device. It better be all that and a bag of chips. Did I mention an extra controller with any sort of good reviews is $45? And if you want a pair of controllers to give you a total of 4 is $70. And the controllers aren't anything special. It's nuts. 

Many varieties of the Ken Onion Kershaw Leek pocketknife are on sale at Amazon today. Great everyday carry knife. Just about the lowest prices ever per the camel.

https://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-1660ST-Bead-Blasted-Reversible-Pocketclip/dp/B0009VC9YA/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1544795803&sr=8-7&keywords=ken+onion+leek
I know it's not the thread for it but somebody explain to me the benefit of a serrated edge? I hate it, always carry a straight blade. Serrated edge just rips & tears.

I basically did the same thing except at Target. The wife has the red card so we got $15 off. That's the best deal going on that thing. Nintendo is awfully proud of that little device. It better be all that and a bag of chips. Did I mention an extra controller with any sort of good reviews is $45? And if you want a pair of controllers to give you a total of 4 is $70. And the controllers aren't anything special. It's nuts. 
You probably don’t need a 2nd controller unless you’ll be doing lots of 4 player stuff

the 2 Joycons it comes with have been sufficient for our 2 player needs

Users who are viewing this thread