What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****Official Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Online deals thread**** (1 Viewer)

Yes, I saw that TCL and considered it.  I'm not really sure I want to order something like a TV from Amazon. I like knowing there's a store I can take it to if any issues arise.  I suppose Best buy would ship up here but then duty and exchange kick in and suddenly it becomes too costly to justify.  IF BB Canada (or any store, for that matter) sold the TCL I'd be all set.

Thanks @JoeSteeler for looking :)
i was curious so did a chat with BB (US) and they will not ship to Canada.

Walmart Canada https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/tcl-55-4k-hdr-roku-smart-tv/6000198930663

Yes, I saw that TCL and considered it.  I'm not really sure I want to order something like a TV from Amazon. I like knowing there's a store I can take it to if any issues arise.  I suppose Best buy would ship up here but then duty and exchange kick in and suddenly it becomes too costly to justify.  IF BB Canada (or any store, for that matter) sold the TCL I'd be all set.

Thanks @JoeSteeler for looking :)
Amazon has some of the best return policies on the planet 

Looks like you got suspended for "Cause they suck donkey ####" 

That'll happen pretty much every time. And I know that's tame for most boards. And I've no idea if our way is the right way. But it's how we're trying to do it. 
While this sounds very quaint and homey and all that nice warm and fuzzy stuff, it strikes me as interesting that when you get constructive criticism that it may not be the right way, you tend to dismiss it out of hand.  Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!!

On the flip side, I do appreciate that over the years Joe has stayed involved and in touch with his customers in varying ways and to varying degrees.

If it’s amazon direct, 3rd party stuff sold on Amazon is usually a pain to return or you have to eat the return shipping 
My experience is that Amazon tries to implement it's own policies to third party sellers, but, you are still indirectly dealing with a third party.  If you choose "Item no longer needed" as the reason for return then you do eat the shipping costs and I think that's true for Amazon products as well.  If the items is defective or some of the other reasons that's no fault to you I've always gotten a paid return label.  But I do try as much as possible to not buy from third party sellers especially if the item isn't shipped by Amazon.

But, I think the TV they are talking about is sold and shipped by Amazon.     "Sold and Shipped" is the choice to look for the best possible customer service where you will be dealing directly with Amazon.  Not just "Prime",  third party sellers can offer Prime shipping too.  If you're sure that's the item you want I wouldn't hesitate at all by ordering from Amazon.

Amazon choices for returns:

Item no longer needed

Inaccurate website description

Item defective or doesn't work

Bought by mistake

Better price available

Product damaged, but shipping box OK

Item arrived to late

Missing or broken parts

Product and shipping box both damaged

Wrong item sent

Received extra item I didn't buy (no refund needed)

Didn't approve purchase

I can't find on the google for sure which you get a paid return label for or if third parties get to choose if they will pay shipping for some of these. For example "Bought by mistake" or "Better Price Available".  I think Amazon provides a paid return label for everything but "Item no longer needed" for their stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
My experience is that Amazon tries to implement it's own policies to third party sellers, but, you are still indirectly dealing with a third party.  If you choose "Item no longer needed" as the reason for return then you do eat the shipping costs and I think that's true for Amazon products as well.  If the items is defective or some of the other reasons that's no fault to you I've always gotten a paid return label.  But I do try as much as possible to not buy from third party sellers especially if the item isn't shipped by Amazon.

But, I think the TV they are talking about is sold and shipped by Amazon.     "Sold and Shipped" is the choice to look for the best possible customer service where you be dealing directly with Amazon.  Not just "Prime",  third party sellers can offer Prime shipping too.  If you're sure that's the item you want I wouldn't hesitate at all by ordering from Amazon.

Item no longer needed

Bought by mistake

Better price available

Item arrived to late

Missing or broken parts

Wrong item sent

Didn't approve purchase

I can't find on the google for sure which you get a paid return label for or if third parties get to choose if they will pay shipping for some of these. For example "Bought by mistake" or "Better Price Available".  I think Amazon provides a paid return label for everything but "Item no longer needed" for their stuff.
That is the 5 series TV, they are talking about the 6 series up thread.

And yes - pay attention to the seller on Amazon.

But, I think the TV they are talking about is sold and shipped by Amazon.     "Sold and Shipped" is the choice to look for the best possible customer service where you will be dealing directly with Amazon.  Not just "Prime",  third party sellers can offer Prime shipping too.  If you're sure that's the item you want I wouldn't hesitate at all by ordering from Amazon.

Item no longer needed

Bought by mistake

Better price available

Item arrived to late

Missing or broken parts

Wrong item sent

Didn't approve purchase

Yeah it’s mainly my wife that will buy random crap that gets shipped from China and then says she doesn’t like it

This is interesting because between the reviews I have read and everyone recommending it in this thread, it seemed like a great brand.  However, this review is more critical and I haven't heard about some of these issues.  I just bought the 6 series and am most likely going to stick with it, but having recommended a lower end model to my parents due to the fact that they don't want anything bigger than 43" (and the 6 series smallest is 55"), I may have to change that recommendation. 

RC94 said:
This is interesting because between the reviews I have read and everyone recommending it in this thread, it seemed like a great brand.  However, this review is more critical and I haven't heard about some of these issues.  I just bought the 6 series and am most likely going to stick with it, but having recommended a lower end model to my parents due to the fact that they don't want anything bigger than 43" (and the 6 series smallest is 55"), I may have to change that recommendation. 
I’ve been a big fan of the 6 series I just bought. The only negative is that the remote sucks - not very responsive. I saw that criticism leveled at a number of brands when I was shopping though. 

RC94 said:
Summer 2017 I bought what I thought was some random cheapo TV for my back patio/kitchen area.. the 5 series.  Looks cheap with the plastic, etc.

I swear the picture on this thing is better than my Samsung QLED.  Roku OS is great.  I watch TV outside, weather permitting.

I can't comment on 4 series.  I am eyeing the 6 series for the brushed metal/upgraded appearance.

I've had my new TCL 6 series for about a week now and I can't say I'm thrilled with it.  The remote in particular is terrible.  It's so non-responsive, I want to throw it across the room half the time.  I often have to press the button multiple times until it does what I want it to.  Anyone else having problems with the remote? 

I've had my new TCL 6 series for about a week now and I can't say I'm thrilled with it.  The remote in particular is terrible.  It's so non-responsive, I want to throw it across the room half the time.  I often have to press the button multiple times until it does what I want it to.  Anyone else having problems with the remote? 
Yes. I’ve been impressed with everything else but the remote can be maddening. You can use an app on your phone but I haven’t played with that much yet. 

try the roku app - much better at least for my roku stick. haven't had a chance to set the new tv up yet

I also feel that the sound isn't good, so I bought a sound bar, but that made the remote much worse for some reason.  Plus, in total with the sound bar it doesn't seem like a great deal anymore, so I just returned the TV and sound bar.  I think I'm going to get one of these TVs instead:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-55-class-led-sk8000-series-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr/6211105.p?skuId=6211105

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-55-class-led-uk6300-series-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr/6233215.p?skuId=6233215

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-55-class-led-uk6090pua-series-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr/6290171.p?skuId=6290171

Well that's embarassing.
I bought the Samsung. 

Not sure i love it for hockey. Times when it seems to blur during fast action. Dont think my old plasma did this. Do some led's handle this better than others? Would OLED be a better option for my sports watching tv?

I bought the Samsung. 

Not sure i love it for hockey. Times when it seems to blur during fast action. Dont think my old plasma did this. Do some led's handle this better than others? Would OLED be a better option for my sports watching tv?
What’s the refresh rate? 

I bought the Samsung. 

Yes OLED should be better for sports. Not all motion rates are created equal, and pretty much all mfgs play fast and loose with their stated abilities.

I bought the Samsung. 

Yes, OLED would be more comparable to your plasma.  For that same reason, I'm waiting for OLED to see the big price drops in the next few years before I replace my plasma. 

Yes, OLED would be more comparable to your plasma.  For that same reason, I'm waiting for OLED to see the big price drops in the next few years before I replace my plasma. 
My 60" LG plasma just went for a crap. I turned it on and screen was full of coloured snow.  Not related to an input, it is there with nothing connected (and when I change inputs).  Tech guy is looking at it now. He thinks it's the Y-main board. My searches led me to think maybe X-main.  Regardless, I still may pay the fee if it's < a couple hundred to fix. ❤️ my plasma.

I'm looking to buy a new TV soon.  Any recommendations?  I don't want to buy a sound bar so I want the TV to have very good sound built in.  I tried the TCL and the picture was good, but the sound wasn't.  

I'm looking to buy a new TV soon.  Any recommendations?  I don't want to buy a sound bar so I want the TV to have very good sound built in.  I tried the TCL and the picture was good, but the sound wasn't.  
Roku actually has a well reviewed soundbar that is pretty budget friendly, as i understand it. 

Roku actually has a well reviewed soundbar that is pretty budget friendly, as i understand it. 
Are there good sound bars that pair well with certain TVs?  I bought a good Bose sound bar to go with the TCL, but it didn't work well in combination for some reason.

Are there good sound bars that pair well with certain TVs?  I bought a good Bose sound bar to go with the TCL, but it didn't work well in combination for some reason.
No clue. I have never bought a soundbar. I've always just run with what came with the TV. I've been looking into sound bars et al but not in a hurry.

No clue. I have never bought a soundbar. I've always just run with what came with the TV. I've been looking into sound bars et al but not in a hurry.
Same here - not in a hurry.  I want to shop around and get a good TV (and whatever accessories) for a good deal.  Probably willing to spend about $1000 in total (55" TV).  Maybe a little more for the right deal.  IIRC this may not be the best time to buy a TV and accessories anyway.  I think I read you can get the best deals before/on President's Day.

Same here - not in a hurry.  I want to shop around and get a good TV (and whatever accessories) for a good deal.  Probably willing to spend about $1000 in total (55" TV).  Maybe a little more for the right deal.  IIRC this may not be the best time to buy a TV and accessories anyway.  I think I read you can get the best deals before/on President's Day.
Yeah, I'm standing pat on the OLED 65 inch until they come down in price or come into some serious cash. And it pisses me off that the 55 inch is $1088 and the 65 inch is $1800. 

Do any of you know if docking stations are a common black Friday or cyber Monday deal?  I need one that will be able to switch between a mac and a PC.  I will also be looking to buy a couple monitors to go with it, but I'm pretty sure some of those will be on the list of deals somewhere.

Do any of you know if docking stations are a common black Friday or cyber Monday deal?  I need one that will be able to switch between a mac and a PC.  I will also be looking to buy a couple monitors to go with it, but I'm pretty sure some of those will be on the list of deals somewhere.
:goodposting:

Also, if anyone sees any deals on tractor beams to go along with them, that would be helpful.

I'm on the lookout for an Oculus Rift or similar VR system.  Appreciate a heads up if anyone knows anything about these. 

tia

Users who are viewing this thread