What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****Official Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Online deals thread**** (1 Viewer)

I recently got the Shark Duo Clean (forget the exact name), which is made to work on both carpet and on wood/tile floors.  It's been very good so far and it's much less expensive than Dyson's equivalent.

For what its worth, Consumer Reports has Shark models as 20 of the top  25 rated stick vacuums, including all of the top 6 models. I had to go to page 2 to find the first Dyson, probably somewhere in the 40s.  We bought a Shark last year and it seems to work pretty well.  Its perfect for our house because we have lots of stairs and no carpet.  The stick is easy to carry up and down floors and it works great on rugs and hardwood floors.

edit: perhaps somewhat oddly, it seems 3 of the top-rated BF deals CR recommends are for Dyson models, but they indicate caveats on all three for poor reliability:

Reveal hidden contents
Best Stick Vacuum Deals

Dyson V8 Animal
The deal: $300 at Lowe’s and Best Buy
We haven’t tested the Dyson V8 Animal, but it's similar to the Dyson V8 Absolute, which we have tested. The V8 Absolute aces all our main cleaning tests—carpet, bare floors, and pet hair—and operates quietly and cleanly. It also zooms along the edges of a room, leaving no debris behind. So at $100 off the usual price, you’re getting a good deal. While our members who own Dyson stick vacuums express high satisfaction, they give the brand our lowest rating for predicted reliability.

Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal
The deal: $350 at Best Buy
CR’s test results: Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal
At the usual price of $550, the Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal is a pricey stick vacuum, but you’re saving $200 during this holiday sale. We tested the similar Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute, and it earns an Excellent rating on all three of our major cleaning tests for carpet, bare floors, and pet hair. So if you have a mixture of flooring and pets that shed, you’ve hit the trifecta with this vacuum. One caveat: Dyson stick vacuums take a hit in CR’s reliability survey, earning our lowest rating for predicted reliability.

Dyson Cyclone V10 Motorhead
The deal: $300 at Amazon and Best Buy
CR’s test results: Dyson Cyclone V10 Motorhead
The Dyson Cyclone V10 Motorhead is superb on carpets and bare floors, and at getting rid of pet hair. It makes a bit of a racket as you work, but you’ll appreciate the clean emissions. Like the other Dyson models, this one's Overall Score takes a hit because of the brand's Poor reliability ratings. You’re saving $200 off the usual price.

Hoover React Whole Home Advantage BH53210
The deal: $110 at Amazon
CR’s test results: At less than half the usual price of $250, the Hoover React Whole Home Advantage BH53210 is worth a look. If you have a pet and bare floors, this vacuum will serve you well because it aces those tests. It’s also very good at cleaning carpet, and it zips effortlessly along the edges of the walls in our test lab and does so quietly. The one drawback of this Hoover is that it fails to fully contain the debris it sucks up, earning a Poor rating on that test. So bypass this deal if you have allergies.

Shark Ion F80 Cord-Free MultiFlex IF281
The deal: $250 at Amazon, $315 at Macy’s
CR’s test results: This 8.8-pound Shark Ion F80 Cord-Free MultiFlex IF281 tackles pet hair and bare floors with ease but struggles on carpet, so it might not be the best option if you have a lot of rugs in your home. It comes with two batteries, so technically you’re getting twice the cleaning time—in our tests it ran for 24 minutes on one battery charge. This model usually lists for $450.

Shark Rocket HV301
The deal: $150 at JCPenney, $152 at Amazon
CR’s test results: Shark Rocket HV301
This Shark stick vac normally sells for a little less than $200, so you’re saving around $50. Consumer Reports has not tested this model, though we tested a similar model, the Shark Rocket HV302. The Shark Rocket HV302 earns an Excellent rating for pet-hair pickup and does a super job removing surface debris from carpet. It’s also above average at cleaning bare floors. In our member survey, Shark stick vacuums get top marks for predicted reliability and owner satisfaction.

Shark Rocket Pet Pro IZ162H
The deal: $250 at Amazon, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Best Buy
CR’s test results: There’s a lot to recommend about the Shark Rocket Pet Pro IZ162H, including its superb performance at cleaning carpet and bare floors, and vanquishing pet hair. It operates quietly, and emissions are clean, so you don’t have to backtrack over areas you already cleaned. But we had to ding this model for its poor performance cleaning along the edges of a room; it earns only a Fair rating on that test. This model usually lists for $300.
Don’t really get the knock on reliability, Dyson will pretty much replace everything for free on these things if you have problems. Ours has been awesome, the only problems we had to have fixed were ones my wife caused using it incorrectly.

Went with the old standby. I have had two of these and have never been disappointed. The only time I was disappointed was the last time I bought a T-fal iron thinking it may be better. Nope. Three months later and I bought my third one of these....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006ZUHR0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
If they are so good, why have you needed to buy 3 of them?  I think we have bought an iron once in the 20 years I have been married.  In all fairness, ours doesn't get used much.

RC94 said:
I recently got the Shark Duo Clean (forget the exact name), which is made to work on both carpet and on wood/tile floors.  It's been very good so far and it's much less expensive than Dyson's equivalent.
:thumbup:   I've had one for a year or so as well.  Nice vacuum.  I don't have pets though, so not dealing with a lot of hair.

:thumbup:   I've had one for a year or so as well.  Nice vacuum.  I don't have pets though, so not dealing with a lot of hair.
I take care of a friend's dog once in a while - a Rhodesian Ridgeback.  She's a big dog with short hair.  Sheds like most other short haired dogs.  I got this vacuum because my previous vacuum couldn't get her fur out of my carpet.  The Shark takes care of it nicely.

Galileo said:
If they are so good, why have you needed to buy 3 of them?  I think we have bought an iron once in the 20 years I have been married.  In all fairness, ours doesn't get used much.
Fair question. Ours gets used everyday and I have a tendency to knock them off the ironing board onto the tile floor. It's durable, but not that durable. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, my black friday shopping is done along with the Christmas shopping for myself. Albeit, this is completely a business expense and something I did so I don't have to pay the gubment as much money in taxes next year. But here we have deals on Macbook Pro's. My new one will be here tomorrow. No taxes and $300 off just saved me about $600 from what I would've paid at the Apple Store here locally. 

We got a Shark last year and it's been stellar ever since, and handles the fur from our two dogs with ease. Definitely a good buy. 

Do any of you know if docking stations are a common black Friday or cyber Monday deal?  I need one that will be able to switch between a mac and a PC.  I will also be looking to buy a couple monitors to go with it, but I'm pretty sure some of those will be on the list of deals somewhere.

:goodposting:

Also, if anyone sees any deals on tractor beams to go along with them, that would be helpful.
Anker USB C Hub Adapter, PowerExpand+ 7-in-1 USB C Adapter, with 4K USB C to HDMI, 60W Power Delivery, 1Gbps Ethernet, 2 USB 3.0 Ports, SD and microSD Card Readers, for MacBook Pro, XPS, Pixelbook
by AnkerDirect
Learn more: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07PPGWQ15/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_TzD3Db3KP9AGT

i got a delta email, nice deals to milan and rome for me.

also, if you have a cruise on royal caribbean coming up, like me, they are running nice specials on those pre cruise dining and drink and internet packages.

Wow, that is the best deal going. Palmetto had a deal with the pistol, night sights and extra mags for $549, but it is out of stock. I'm dreading actually going out on BF tho.
Last year (Memphis area) went out on BF with father in law and brother in law so my FIL could purchase a new pistol.  It wasn't too bad at Bass Pro that afternoon.  There was a bit of a delay with the background check stuff...and then to have the locks taken off at the front door.  But other than that, not too bad.

Regal Unlimited. Starting at $18 a month but have to commit for a year. Saw an ad before Frozen 2 that there will be $60 off if buy the whole year up front. Tempted.

Alright.. Looking for a great deal on either Nest WiFi, eero, or Orbi mesh router.  Gotta be something out there, huh? 

I want a 65" 4k tv for less than $300 with reviews that don't talk about poking your finger through the screen.  It can be dumb.

Help me, internet!!

What is better - QLED, UHD??

Also looking for a new TV - I would like to purchase a 43" with a soundbar.

I prefer LG or Samsung based on my research, but talk me out of this and help me find a great deal.

Wife wants to get a Playstation VR system... can I just get the least expensive Playstation system?  Has anyone spotted good deals on both halves of that?

Users who are viewing this thread