What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****Official Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Online deals thread**** (4 Viewers)

Anyone with a Nintendo switch ? I have one wrapped up and am wondering if I purchase a digital download if it will stay in my Nintendo account forever? Celeste is on sale for $10

Jobber said:
Does anyone have a smart lock dead bolt at home? I see Amazon has the August Smart Lock for $99. 
We bought ours a little over one year ago. May be the best purchase we have ever made.

No need to worry about kids forgetting keys, "did we lock the door?"....check the app. Need to let somebody in to water your plants? No problem. 

We bought a Schlage and I can't support it enough. 

Last edited by a moderator:
We bought ours a little over one year ago. May be the best purchase we have ever made.

No need to worry about kids forgetting keys, "did we lock the door?"....check the app. Need to let somebody in to water your plants? No problem. 

We bought a Schlage and I can't support it enough. 
Good to hear you like it...looking into this too.  Partically because our front door knob is messed up (key hasn't worked in it in a while...and now its having trouble even locking).

Was going to just replace the door knob, but looking at something to use an app or pass code to get in so the kids don't have to carry keys and can get into the house.

Big League Chew said:
Anyone with a Nintendo switch ? I have one wrapped up and am wondering if I purchase a digital download if it will stay in my Nintendo account forever? Celeste is on sale for $10
I'll piggyback off this. Picked up a switch for my 10 year old. Also bought Minecraft. What are some of the best games for that age she might like? She likes Roblox as well but I guess that's PC only.

I'll piggyback off this. Picked up a switch for my 10 year old. Also bought Minecraft. What are some of the best games for that age she might like? She likes Roblox as well but I guess that's PC only.
I found a cool secret. If you login to the Argentina e-store a lot of the games are much cheaper due to the conversion

I know Roblox is on the X1. Not sure about Switch. Fortnite. I will ask my kids later and get back to you. (11&9)

ETA: Terraria, Goat Simulator (think GTA without the filth and you are a goat) :)

I've lived in our home for over 13 years and don't think I've ever used a key to open the front door.  I don't think I even know where the house keys are.  I just always use the garage.
Had to break into our front door a couple months ago.  Keys work to the dead bolt...but as I mentioned above, the knob is messed up.

Well, we were out at a movie while it stormed.  Come home with the power out and can't quite get into the garage.  So had to go to the front door.  Good by Speedway Speedy Rewards Card...

I gave up looking for a set of airpods pro.  Seems like everyone purchased them in bulk and is reselling them on Craigslist or Ebay for nice markup.   Oh well.

What happens when the power goes out?
i hide a house key in each car for that reason. even if youre locked out of your car & house you can have the police or someone jimmy the car door. considered a fake rock or something but never felt too safe leaving a house key in my yard

I gave up looking for a set of airpods pro.  Seems like everyone purchased them in bulk and is reselling them on Craigslist or Ebay for nice markup.   Oh well.
have you tried verizon?  i got some last week at verizon in-store pick up when they were out everywhere else.

What happens when the power goes out?
I'm the same as @Lehigh98

Been in my house 23 years and never had a key for any of the doors.  Always gone in through the garage. 

I did have a power outage once about 10 years ago and had to break in to my own house.  Since then, I've upgraded to a battery back up on the garage door. 

Thanks! I've been looking at the Fire TV Recast. Price is down $100 from $229 to $129 
I didn't even realize until I got a credit from Amazon but this was in an email I didn't read originally:

We recently learned that the title incorrectly stated this item has 1 TB of storage. This is incorrect. The item you ordered has 500 GB of storage. In an effort to compensate you for the inconvenience, we have applied a $70 credit to your account for use towards your next Amazon.com order.
I didn't notice where it said that it had 1TB, which is the model higher. So I got the recast for $59 :thumbup:  

i hide a house key in each car for that reason. 
For some reason I was skimming through this thread and was sure that I had read, "i hide a house key in each cat for that reason." 

I thought you had some unworldly dedication to security and/or some kinky house pets that just didn't mind so much. 

For some reason I was skimming through this thread and was sure that I had read, "i hide a house key in each cat for that reason." 

I thought you had some unworldly dedication to security and/or some kinky house pets that just didn't mind so much. 
a great family pet they are

I didn't even realize until I got a credit from Amazon but this was in an email I didn't read originally:

I didn't notice where it said that it had 1TB, which is the model higher. So I got the recast for $59 :thumbup:  
I'm jealous.

I have to believe a key is cheaper.
I love my new Chamberlain door opener. Not only battery back up, but there's an app for your phone. Can open/close the door from anywhere. Also set a schedule for it to close at a certain time in the event you forget to close it.

Can see the open/close history and bust out my daughter having her boyfriend over when the wife and I were on a cruise last winter. 

A key can't do all that. 

Seems like retailers are doing weekly deals in November. 

Bought 2 TVs so far. Wasn't in market for one but prices are pretty crazy. 

Walmart had/has deal for 55' TCL 4K Roku version for $149 today. Target had the 65' Android version for $228 last week.

Seems like retailers are doing weekly deals in November. 

Bought 2 TVs so far. Wasn't in market for one but prices are pretty crazy. 

Walmart had/has deal for 55' TCL 4K Roku version for $149 today. Target had the 65' Android version for $228 last week.
I need a new TV for the back deck. The ####ty Dynex I had out there lasted four years. I'm debating if I bring it in when not using it or just leave it out there. At $150, I can just leave it and replace it every few years. 

ETA, I missed it. That one is sold out. 

I need a new TV for the back deck. The ####ty Dynex I had out there lasted four years. I'm debating if I bring it in when not using it or just leave it out there. At $150, I can just leave it and replace it every few years. 
It is damn intriguing seeing these deals.  We are in the middle of a backyard project.  Patio done and the covering going up now with a great spot for a TV.  Deals may be too hard to resist.

ETA, I missed it. That one is sold out. 
Yeah that 55'' TCL tonight was stocked and "restocked" for couple hours at exactly the top and middle of the hour (believe Walmart's effort to attempt to combat bots). They were gone within 2 minutes each time.

There's certain to be more deals. They just seem to be spacing the deals out this year.

4 years is pretty good lasting time outside IMO. At the prices the deals are right now, just replace it every few years as you mentioned. 

Yeah, I am in the market for a 4K tv 65" and up.  Decent, but not killing me money-wise (would love $500 and less).  

Also looking for a beginner kayak for the wife, but that is a weirder find on Black Friday I assume.  

Also looking for a beginner kayak for the wife, but that is a weirder find on Black Friday I assume.  
I have seen them in the past, but I am not sure if Covid will have an impact on inventory this year. Whether that's due to demand as people stay in the US for vacations last summer(away from crowds at that) or supply as production was interrupted in many supply chains. I've found it fascinating what items are hard to find and what are easier than ever.

Posted it in the 10k thread but no takers so if anyone is looking for a Garmin Fenix 5X Sapphire edition for themselves or a family member, I have a brand new, never used one for sale. Great watch, just went with the Apple 6 instead. Looking to get $300 for it but willing to discuss.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/560327
These are great watches, but they are big. Not big in a "geeky" way, more in a mountaineering way. Great gift for anyone that enjoys the outdoors.

Yeah, I am in the market for a 4K tv 65" and up.  Decent, but not killing me money-wise (would love $500 and less).  

Buy a used one if you haven't owned one before. In FL, there are plenty out there for sale, but elsewhere it may vary.

Not sure the WI availability, since we can use them about 9 weeks a year.  ;)
Menards sells a decent/inexpensive sit in kayak if that's what you are looking for.  They usually go on sale a couple times a year.  They aren't too expensive at regular price and you can always use their rebates.  My friends and I have about a dozen of them.

Walmart had/has deal for 55' TCL 4K Roku version for $149 today.
This TV is/was available in store this morning at Walmart as part of their deals. They were gone throughout the Phoenix area by 7am.  I'm guessing probably now gone most spots (as they opened at 5am today) but here's inventory link: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=473987409

They had a few ONN (think maybe it's Walmart store brand....not sure). 50'' was $128 and 65'' was $229 I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread