What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SHAWN WIEBER booted me out of his league for missing 1 week of submitt (1 Viewer)

Warpig

Footballguy
I'm trying to post this in all the leagues I am in as well.

This guy booted me out of his league for missing 1 week of submitting my lineup. I lost access to the site from work and due to the scripts his site runs, it causes problems for my phone so I would always try to submit my lineup from home. I must not have submitted my lineup one week though I always try. He never tried to email/call me with the issue. Instead he emails a mutual friend of ours that is also in the league asking where I was. Once our mutual friend forwarded me the email where Shawn was asking about me, I explained that I thought I did submit a lineup but I assumed I may have forgotten to hit the submit button or it messed up on my phone (which it has done). My team is a championship contender. At first I was kinda cool with it since he does demand tons of activity...each owner was even required to write an article each week pertaining to the matchups for that week. Then he up and announces that he was quitting the league due to loss of interest...only to continue on apparently. But the more I thought about it, I feel like he is robbing me of possibly championship money (Few hundred dollars). Then he hypocritically says he is kicking me out due to lack of interest/activity? WTF? Anyone that knows me from a league knows I'm a damn good owner and I usually have one of the best teams. This just seems like total BS! He wiped my profile info so I couldn't even get in to submit a lineup!!! So as a PSA I figured I'd spread the word to any of you willing to listen so you don't get took in the future.

Here is the email he sent me:

"[SIZE=medium]Sorry Ben, but I have made the decision to remove you from the league. You are one of the best fantasy football players I have had a chance to play this game with, but unfortunately, you are aware of the activity level I expect from owners in my league. I know I made it more than clear when you joined, and you were doing a fine job last season, but I understand how life can get in the way. I don't take any pleasure in taking time out of my day or away from my family to make sure the league is running smoothly because people haven't held up their end of the bargain. It is way too easy to submit a lineup, and ultimately, that is ALL that matters is getting your lineup in. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I understand where you are coming from, but we will both have to move on. I appreciate the time that you did put into this league and building your roster.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Send me your paypal address and I will send you $110 for this year's fee and your deposit.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Again, I am sorry things have turned out this way.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Shawn"[/SIZE]

Title Changed

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao: Jesus. Write an article? Seriously?

So he admits you're one of the best owners he's played with, yet boots you? This guy needs some serious help. Some commissioners can't handle fantasy football -- and it's usually the ones that join 99 leagues & become overburdened with fantasy football. They'll usually go with the 'work/family consuming too much time'. And then want to blame everyone else but themselves for joining too many leagues.

There's next to nothing a league commissioner has to do in-season anymore outside of setting a lineup. Kinda humorous everytime I read a commissioner getting 'burned out'.

each owner was even required to write an article each week pertaining to the matchups for that week.
:lmao: Thanks for the warning but I dont think Ill ever join a league commished by him due to this alone.

wait so did he refund your money?
He sent me my dues for the year and my "security deposit" ($110). Another thing he does is makes you pay a deposit for the future year. If you have a team that isn't in the top 6 teams, and you decide to leave, he keeps your security deposit. Since my team was top 2, I get my deposit back. But I'm being robbed of the potential for hundreds more.

Consider yourself lucky you got any back. He did you a favor IMO.

EDIT: Re-reading your post now. So you pay a 'security deposit' PLUS pay for future year?? No way I'd do that w/o LeagueSafe (and definitely wouldn't join a league with PayPal). I wouldn't have a problem paying multiple years in advance (with LeagueSafe), but 'security deposit' makes no sense.

He sent me my dues for the year and my "security deposit" ($110). Another thing he does is makes you pay a deposit for the future year. If you have a team that isn't in the top 6 teams, and you decide to leave, he keeps your security deposit. Since my team was top 2, I get my deposit back. But I'm being robbed of the potential for hundreds more.
HFS... there were red flags galore here before you joined.

I think you got what was coming

This is how I fire people. "Sorry that life gets in the way, but you were made of aware of the activity level I expect..and while I did appreciate the time you did some actual work, you should still feel free to be somewhat ashamed you took a piece of my day to do this to you along with my wasting my precious family time. I'm really doing you a favor, both of us a favor actually. thanks! "

Just so I can truly protect myself, does this guy go under any aliases? Like Commissioner Gordon or Tony Scali (aka The Commish)?

shame on you for not setting your lineup.

Id boot your ### out too
Yup!

Set your line up and be active, you are lucky and fortunate if you gets his money back.

In fact I applaud this guy for botting an inactive owner. Dont play if u dont have time.

Ben, you're always running here and there,

You feel you're not wanted anywhere.

If you ever look behind and don't like what you find

There's something you should know, you've got a place to go.

(another league)

Shawn

Id boot your ### out too
Yup!

Set your line up and be active, you are lucky and fortunate if you gets his money back.

In fact I applaud this guy for botting an inactive owner. Dont play if u dont have time.
LOL! I AM ACTIVE! I had issues one week and this is his knee jerk reaction! Ask anyone that is in leagues with me. This may be the 2nd time in the 17+ years I've been playing fantasy football that I missed a lineup. The thing is, I'm confident I made the effort, but my phone messed up or his crazy, busy site hiccuped when I submitted it. Like I said, I may have missed the SUBMIT LINEUP button or something. Even HE admitted I was one of the best owners he's known.

Warpig was a good owner when I played in a league with him so commish sounds like a #####.
:goodposting:

Consider yourself lucky you got any back. He did you a favor IMO.

EDIT: Re-reading your post now. So you pay a 'security deposit' PLUS pay for future year?? No way I'd do that w/o LeagueSafe (and definitely wouldn't join a league with PayPal). I wouldn't have a problem paying multiple years in advance (with LeagueSafe), but 'security deposit' makes no sense.
Just worry about your other leagues and me kicking your ### :lol:

brohans i need to beinthis league to submit stories i would love it i would write a story about a dragon probably and then have it beat by a guy with a 75 charger it would be awesome but he would probably kick me out because he probably likes foreign cars he just seems like the type take that to the bank brohans

He keeps it or the league?

Id boot your ### out too
Yup!

LOL! I AM ACTIVE! I had issues one week and this is his knee jerk reaction! Ask anyone that is in leagues with me. This may be the 2nd time in the 17+ years I've been playing fantasy football that I missed a lineup. The thing is, I'm confident I made the effort, but my phone messed up or his crazy, busy site hiccuped when I submitted it. Like I said, I may have missed the SUBMIT LINEUP button or something. Even HE admitted I was one of the best owners he's known.
The guy runs a "no excuses fantasy league".

Deal with it.

Where do these funds go, his pocket? Sounds rediculous. Good riddance to this league.

brohans i need to beinthis league to submit stories i would love it i would write a story about a dragon probably and then have it beat by a guy with a 75 charger it would be awesome but he would probably kick me out because he probably likes foreign cars he just seems like the type take that to the bank brohans
Usually your shorter ones aren't nearly as good. This is an exception.

:lmao:

Yea he did you a favor. Couldn't play in a league with a commish that demands things. He takes time out of his day so he feels you should be very active and take time from your day and family. Don't be a commish then. I am a commish cause I like doing it. I don't really care what owners do just as long as they abide by the rules and be fair. We are all friends also.

He keeps it or the league?
Not sure. But from what I'm seeing...HE probably does.

Running redraft leagues are so much easier than dynasty :)

So much less bull#### from my experience.
Running pretty much any type of league is easy as long as there's no money on the line. In my experience, money has a habit of making otherwise rational people lose their minds. Not everyone, but enough to cause headaches.

:lol:

I don't really care what owners do just as long as they abide by the rules and be fair. We are all friends also.
These are the two main issues. The OP didn't play by the rules (it sounds like they were pretty well laid out) and it doesn't sound like a league of friends. The commish has very little track record to judge the OP. All he knows is the OP is the a$$hole that screwed up the league by not setting his lineup.

I don't fault the commish for running it that way since he laid it out from the beginning. I wouldn't do it but I also would never join a league with a bunch of strangers. FF is a way to bond w friends, not a way to supplement your income.

if you change up the letters in shawns name you can get hawnss so maybe he is just mad about that and takeing it out on you have you ever called him that behind his back and maybe it got back to him maybe write him an apology for calling him hawnss and see if he will let you back in taek that to the making amends bank brohans

Users who are viewing this thread