What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SHAWN WIEBER booted me out of his league for missing 1 week of submitt (1 Viewer)

So the commissioner quit another league mid-season for no reason? :lmao: Was he replaced?

Sounds like commish pissed his team sucks & missing playoffs and wants to make a power play because he has no other impact in the league. BTW you're an idiot using PayPal for payments/payouts (with strangers) if your payments to him were processed that way as well. Consider yourself lucky you got any $$ back. The guy is gonna run with more money down the road if you're using PayPal..... "He'll have personal life issues, etc......" & no time for the league & need the money. Just another commissioner that joins/runs 500 leagues & wants to blame anyone else but himself :violin:

Last edited by a moderator:
So the commissioner quit another league mid-season for no reason? :lmao: Was he replaced?

Sounds like commish pissed his team sucks & missing playoffs and wants to make a power play because he has no other impact in the league. BTW you're an idiot using PayPal for payments/payouts (with strangers) if your payments to him were processed that way as well. Consider yourself lucky you got any $$ back. The guy is gonna run with more money down the road if you're using PayPal..... "He'll have personal life issues, etc......" & no time for the league & need the money. Just another commissioner that joins/runs 500 leagues & wants to blame anyone else but himself :violin:
I didn't say it for no reason. He had reasons.

And FWIW, the team he left was a top 3 roster. That league also had a "deposit," which the commissioner (of that league) offered to return, but Shawn insisted it just be added to the prize pool.

I don't know Warpig and I've never been in a league with Shawn as the commissioner, but he was alright in the other league.

:shrug:

The commish sounds like an alright guy who is just ridiculously hardcore and strict as a commish. You're either into that or you aren't.

But it clearly spells out in the Bylaws that if you don't set your lineup, no excuses, you're immediately out.

You whining about it just makes you look bad. You knew what you were getting into.

You're trying to publicly slander this commissioner for following his own rules because YOU were irresponsible.

Do you realize how ####ed up that is?

The commish sounds like an alright guy who is just ridiculously hardcore and strict as a commish. You're either into that or you aren't.

But it clearly spells out in the Bylaws that if you don't set your lineup, no excuses, you're immediately out.

You whining about it just makes you look bad. You knew what you were getting into.

You're trying to publicly slander this commissioner for following his own rules because YOU were irresponsible.

Do you realize how ####ed up that is?
Time to start a DO NOT JOIN A LEAGUE WITH WARPIG thread...

There should be a lot more outrage in favor of the OP, IMO.... this is some egregious ####
Why? rules CLEARLY state if you don't submit a lineup, you are out. Pretty cut and dry. Doesn't mean it is right or wrong, just cut and dry.

shame on you for not setting your lineup.

Id boot your ### out too
Yup!

Set your line up and be active, you are lucky and fortunate if you gets his money back.

In fact I applaud this guy for botting an inactive owner. Dont play if u dont have time.
LOL! I AM ACTIVE! I had issues one week and this is his knee jerk reaction! Ask anyone that is in leagues with me. This may be the 2nd time in the 17+ years I've been playing fantasy football that I missed a lineup. The thing is, I'm confident I made the effort, but my phone messed up or his crazy, busy site hiccuped when I submitted it. Like I said, I may have missed the SUBMIT LINEUP button or something. Even HE admitted I was one of the best owners he's known.
I do not care if its 25 years, set your lineup or don't play.

People like me do not like people not setting their lineup it effects a whole bigger picture.
Sure, I dislke not setting lineups in competitive leagues, but the dude is a contender this year. Different if he was tanking for a pick.

Then gets kicked out?
But if a 2-11 team doesn't submit a lineup, does he get a free pass also? Where do the "free passes" end?

You have monday, tues, wed, thurs, fri, sat, sun to set a lineup. If you can't do it in that amount of time, no excuse.

I would never join a league like this. But OP knew the rules and didn't obey them, simple as that.

All of this over a league where the buy-in is $110? Why would you join such a league in the first place?
Why? How much is your minimum buy-in for a league to be worth joining?
Personally it's $200 but usually that's just with friends. Yearly I do 1K leagues, this year I joined a 2k league. My beef with cheaper leagues is that it's simply not worth the time. Let's say on average you dedicate 13 weeks a season; after doing the the math that's $8 a week in this league.

If you like to gamble outside of fantasy (I don't) it becomes even more meaningless.

On the surface, a 2K league seems like a lot but in the long run it really isn't. I suppose this is for a different topic though.

Back on topic, I can't believe OP was forced to write match-up articles. :lmao:

All of this over a league where the buy-in is $110? Why would you join such a league in the first place?
I would not play in a league like that. I get too geeked up to play in free leagues and low fee leagues.
Complete disagree. A 12 team league with a $110 buy in has $1200+ dollars in the kitty. That's a fine buy in.

Too many guys think the amount of the buy in is important. More important to be in a good competitive league with a moderate buy in.

Personally it's $200 but usually that's just with friends. Yearly I do 1K leagues, this year I joined a 2k league. My beef with cheaper leagues is that it's simply not worth the time. Let's say on average you dedicate 13 weeks a season; after doing the the math that's $8 a week in this league.

If you like to gamble outside of fantasy (I don't) it becomes even more meaningless.

On the surface, a 2K league seems like a lot but in the long run it really isn't. I suppose this is for a different topic though.

Not sure I follow your math - 8 times 13 is $104 dollars. This league would take in more than it pays out.

I would not play in a league like that. I get too geeked up to play in free leagues and low fee leagues.
Complete disagree. A 12 team league with a $110 buy in has $1200+ dollars in the kitty. That's a fine buy in.

Too many guys think the amount of the buy in is important. More important to be in a good competitive league with a moderate buy in.
Agreed. I only play dynasty, and no way I play for more than $200, unless it's with close friends. Too many times you build a "dynasty" only to have some BS happen in the league and it folds.

Not sure I follow your math - 8 times 13 is $104 dollars. This league would take in more than it pays out.
I rounded but yes it's $8.46 to be exact. The principle remains, it's a very tiny weekly amount.

Complete disagree. A 12 team league with a $110 buy in has $1200+ dollars in the kitty. That's a fine buy in.Too many guys think the amount of the buy in is important. More important to be in a good competitive league with a moderate buy in.
Well, I am starting a new league in 2014. The entry fee will be at least $50 and maybe $100. I have played in $125 before and it wasn't fun. I would get too nervous watching the games and I wasn't enjoying watching NFL games as much because I was too worried about stats.

Complete disagree. A 12 team league with a $110 buy in has $1200+ dollars in the kitty. That's a fine buy in.Too many guys think the amount of the buy in is important. More important to be in a good competitive league with a moderate buy in.
Well, I am starting a new league in 2014. The entry fee will be at least $50 and maybe $100. I have played in $125 before and it wasn't fun. I would get too nervous watching the games and I wasn't enjoying watching NFL games as much because I was too worried about stats.
Didn't you just call Wiener's league a low fee league? Now you're saying that $125 is too much. Which is it?

You were a big crybaby in the one league i was in with you. Doesn't surprise me you're whining again.
details, plz

op - also, is there any plans to use the WIENER burn on him at all, in an e-mail, or whatever?
Crying about trades. Even though his teams were 5-8, 4-9 and 2-11 the 3 years prior. Ended up leaving over one trade he thought was agregious. Think it was something like Hines Ward and Justin Tuck for Vincent Jackson. This was back in 2010. Vincent was holding out at the time and Hines and Tuck went to a contender.
Yup I think that was the exact deal. Those were the good old days.I still miss warpig. :wub:

don't give money to strangers on the internet

at least you got your cash money back, homie

Didn't you just call Wiener's league a low fee league? Now you're saying that $125 is too much. Which is it?
Did Wiener say what the fee was? To me, low fee is anything under $50. Not sure where the confusion lies.

Did Wiener say what the fee was? To me, low fee is anything under $50. Not sure where the confusion lies.
I think the confusion lies in your reading comprehension. Just look at the post you replied to.

I am too tired to care. You responded to me. Did you mean to respond to someone else? I might bother with this later. Or not as it is not important.

I am too tired to care. You responded to me. Did you mean to respond to someone else? I might bother with this later. Or not as it is not important.
No, I meant to reply to you, which was clearly a mistake on my part. You clearly are a Warpig.

Not saying the OP does not have some fault here but what is the difference in kicking him out in two weeks after the season is over? Seems highly petty and childish of this Shawn character to do such a thing at this time of year.

Also, I am blaming this Shawn character 99% of the way based on the fact that his MFL site looks like a MySpace page circa 2003. I'm not even touching the requirements he has for the league but the look of the site is awful, childish and reeks. Put the pieces together and this whole league is a disaster, it seems.

shame on you for not setting your lineup.

Id boot your ### out too
Yup!

Set your line up and be active, you are lucky and fortunate if you gets his money back.

In fact I applaud this guy for botting an inactive owner. Dont play if u dont have time.
LOL! I AM ACTIVE! I had issues one week and this is his knee jerk reaction! Ask anyone that is in leagues with me. This may be the 2nd time in the 17+ years I've been playing fantasy football that I missed a lineup. The thing is, I'm confident I made the effort, but my phone messed up or his crazy, busy site hiccuped when I submitted it. Like I said, I may have missed the SUBMIT LINEUP button or something. Even HE admitted I was one of the best owners he's known.
Ben I'm thrilled in the leagues I run. You are great, active and consistent owner. Let this one go and move on. Every league is going to have a little drama and problems every once in a while and some more then others.

i have determined that ben will not answer my question about changing up the letters in shawns name becaue he did it i figured that out columbo style so i am going to give him a taste of his own medicine so hear it is enb how does it feel to have the shoe on the other foot not so good does it now that i have laid down the law shawns if you are reading this you can let him back in because old enb has been tought his lesson take that to the bank brohans

Sorry Warpig you wont get any sympathy from a lot of people here.

It is simple. You agreed to abide by the rules that your Commish set. Then when you broke them he cared about the integrity of the league and removed a team that obviously did not care enough to obey the rules nor is smart enough to use a cell phone to set his lineup.

Then even though your Commish is nice enough to offer you not only your money back but also your deposit back which I wouldn't since you broke the clearly stated rules , you come here and defame him make fun of his name and tell the whole world not to join his league.

Honestly I would join his league in a heart beat if it meant that I would not have to play with little crybaby S$#ts like you that cant abide by the rules but have no problem coming here and crying.

Get a tissue and go join a redraft league as obviously dynasty leagues are too much for you PIG.

NOW GET OFF MY INTERNET~

wait so did he refund your money?
He sent me my dues for the year and my "security deposit" ($110). Another thing he does is makes you pay a deposit for the future year. If you have a team that isn't in the top 6 teams, and you decide to leave, he keeps your security deposit. Since my team was top 2, I get my deposit back. But I'm being robbed of the potential for hundreds more.
:lmao: what a #####.

ETA - him, not you.

I'm in another league with a couple owners who are in the league in question. I'm not going to air some random league's dirty laundry, but suffice to say that the not setting of the lineup was more the "final straw" than it was a first time offense.

Frankly, I'd be more sympathetic if you hadn't gotten all your money back, including this year's dues. Not sure what the big deal is. Go build another magic football team somewhere else. Your commissioner may be a little zealous, but him not taking your $ puts him in pretty good company.

I'm in another league with a couple owners who are in the league in question. I'm not going to air some random league's dirty laundry, but suffice to say that the not setting of the lineup was more the "final straw" than it was a first time offense.

Frankly, I'd be more sympathetic if you hadn't gotten all your money back, including this year's dues. Not sure what the big deal is. Go build another magic football team somewhere else. Your commissioner may be a little zealous, but him not taking your $ puts him in pretty good company.
Well said. Move on, it might be best for all of us to just get other, more productive hobbies.

I think the OP should forfeit his dues but be able to stay in the league.

OR,

Take his money and go.

This is a common theme around these parts.

Jesus. You definitely need to change your profile pic. Your whining is a discredit to the Marine Corps. Let me guess, supply / Motor T guy?

I think the OP should forfeit his dues but be able to stay in the league.

OR,

Take his money and go.

This is a common theme around these parts.
It sounds like a league where nobody knows one another. Either way, not a bunch of good friends. You don't think the rest of the league rightfully expects the commissioner to enforce the very clearly stated rules? I would never take part in this guy's league, but if I did and I didn't set my lineup I wouldn't figure some dog ate my homework excuse would get me off the hook. Dude's lucky to be getting his money back. And he sounds like a freaking moron talking ###% on the commish about something for which the op has nobody but himself to blame.

Shawn don't take no %$#. Submit your damn lineup timely and you don't feel his wrath.

He is, by far, the best FF commish in the United States...bar none.

Shawn don't take no %$#. Submit your damn lineup timely and you don't feel his wrath.

He is, by far, the best FF commish in the United States...bar none.
The OP wants to make Shawn look bad. What a backfire of a thread. Shawn looking like a boss here. Making his pupils submit 300 word essays for his approval. Shawn's owning this joint, don't make eye contact with him.

I'm trying to post this in all the leagues I am in as well.

This guy booted me out of his league for missing 1 week of submitting my lineup. I lost access to the site from work and due to the scripts his site runs, it causes problems for my phone so I would always try to submit my lineup from home. I must not have submitted my lineup one week though I always try. He never tried to email/call me with the issue. Instead he emails a mutual friend of ours that is also in the league asking where I was. Once our mutual friend forwarded me the email where Shawn was asking about me, I explained that I thought I did submit a lineup but I assumed I may have forgotten to hit the submit button or it messed up on my phone (which it has done).
This is where it goes all wrong. You know that you get an email after submitting your lineup sent to you & your opponent. My 2c is to apologize to your former commissioner.

Users who are viewing this thread