What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone own a 4K Television (3 Viewers)

Looking to buy a 77 OLED for my new game room, my AV guy will handle the sound system.  He’s recommending Sony or LG.  Any suggestions/experience/deals?  Thanks 
Got the lg 77 oled c9 back in March.   Its phenomenal .

Ended up buying it for 4400.   Paid for the 5 year warranty.  Best buy.   I used their credit card and got like alot of best buy credit back.   Was able to get a couple smart watches, new office chair, a new safe, speakers, and a bunch other miscellaneous stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
My AV guy got me one for $500 off so basically no tax. I think it’s going to be about 3800 bucks. Sony 77” OLED Master Series 4K Ultra HD HDR.

I’ll report back in about a week how it looks

Looking for a 43” LED for my new bar room.  Any thoughts on the a Samsung QN43Q60T or an LG equivalent?  Those are my two preferred brands.

Yes I found that site too.  Thx.

my main TV is an 65” LG OLED and if I could get one at 43” I would. They’re awesome.
LG just came out with a smaller 48” OLED this year which I’ll likely pull the trigger on. I have a cutout over a fireplace in my main TV room with only that much space, so need something that size. 

Otis said:
I pulled the trigger in the middle of the night on the LG 48” OLED after reading this thread. Coming next week. Pretty stoked. 
i wish i could make 48" fit.  it just misses.

Man, the picture on these OLEDs is just gorgeous. Colors, blacks, brightness, a thousand times better than my prior TV. That said LG’s software is an abomination. Really clunky and not user friendly at all. It’s ok, I’m plugging in a Roku anyway and not looking back.  

I'm actually thinking of taking down my FauxK projector and replacing it with an 85" TV. The fan noise is starting to get on my nerves with the projector. And I think I want true 4k with HDR.

But I don't know if I can live with a screen that small. 

Man, the picture on these OLEDs is just gorgeous. Colors, blacks, brightness, a thousand times better than my prior TV. That said LG’s software is an abomination. Really clunky and not user friendly at all. It’s ok, I’m plugging in a Roku anyway and not looking back.  
Agree. Got the 65" CX from Costco and that thing is effing beautiful. Really excited about getting the ps5 now. The software is different but I'm actually getting used to it?

My AV guy got me one for $500 off so basically no tax. I think it’s going to be about 3800 bucks. Sony 77” OLED Master Series 4K Ultra HD HDR.

I’ll report back in about a week how it looks
So my gameroom is almost done.  Bar, pool table in. Shuffleboard on the way.  New couch and recliner in place.

Picked up two 43 TCL smart TVs, one for behind the bar and one for my gym.  Out the door for less than $500 total.

I was fired up until we got the big daddy 77" OLED paird with the Sonos Arc fired up last night.  Oh my.  I've never had a setup like this before.  Its almost to much for the room its in.  The true test will be playing some PS4 Pro games on it, but so far it is awesome.  Worth the pricetag?  Can't say, but this new build project has cost me an arm and a leg, so I'm not going to count pennies now...and most importantly, the kids love it.

Agree. Got the 65" CX from Costco and that thing is effing beautiful. Really excited about getting the ps5 now. The software is different but I'm actually getting used to it?
Costco website right now has a 55" and 77" but no 65". Hopefully temporary as I'm getting ready to replace an older 60" soon.

Hey I finally get to star this thread! 65" LG OLED on the way to my house.

Can you guys tell me something to watch straight away that will show off its awesomeness??

Hey I finally get to star this thread! 65" LG OLED on the way to my house.

Can you guys tell me something to watch straight away that will show off its awesomeness??
The 4k nature documentaries are amazing with that TV. It's crazy how much better everything looks on that than our 6 series 65" TCL.  Solid choice. 

Hate the remote though with the pointer thing. Probably getting a Logitech harmony this week. 

I'm actually thinking of taking down my FauxK projector and replacing it with an 85" TV. The fan noise is starting to get on my nerves with the projector. And I think I want true 4k with HDR.

But I don't know if I can live with a screen that small. 
In all seriousness - the projector is for sale and I'm deciding between a 75" LED and a 65" OLED. 

Likely going to sell my surround sound stuff too and just get a good soundbar. Never thought I'd say it, but I'm kind of home theatered out. 

In all seriousness - the projector is for sale and I'm deciding between a 75" LED and a 65" OLED. 

Likely going to sell my surround sound stuff too and just get a good soundbar. Never thought I'd say it, but I'm kind of home theatered out. 
75" IMO. Sure OLED looks better (can't believe I'm a convert) but with how fast things change resolution wise and technology wise I'm much more likely to upgrade if I didn't drop close to 3k on it. Plus 75 is sooooo much nicer and since you're coming from a much bigger screen you'll really notice it.

75" IMO. Sure OLED looks better (can't believe I'm a convert) but with how fast things change resolution wise and technology wise I'm much more likely to upgrade if I didn't drop close to 3k on it. Plus 75 is sooooo much nicer and since you're coming from a much bigger screen you'll really notice it.
Costco guy said their version of the Sony X900 is going on sale tomorrow. Link

That looks like a good option. I think what I might do today is get an already returned 65" from Best Buy and take it home to see how it looks in my basement. I don't feel so bad "renting" something that's already been marked down due to a return. 

If I go with the 65", I might do the Samsung Q80 QLED.

Andy Dufresne said:

I can totally understand going from projector to TV (I've never been a projector guy), but why would you go from true surround sound speakers to soundbar if you already have them and it's all wired and setup already?

I can totally understand going from projector to TV (I've never been a projector guy), but why would you go from true surround sound speakers to soundbar if you already have them and it's all wired and setup already?
Because the way the room is set up it all feels...messy and a bit crowded. 

Andy Dufresne said:

Likely going to sell my surround sound stuff too and just get a good soundbar. Never thought I'd say it, but I'm kind of home theatered out
I definitely don't crank it up as much as I use too, but sell??? NEVER!

anyone have concerns or issues with OLED burn in?
The new LG I have goes to a screen saver if you leave it paused or on a menu like Netflix after a couple of minutes. I would think the biggest risk there is if you're someone who watches a specific channel all day that has a scrolling box at the bottom of the frame. Other than that I can't really think of where someone would run into it. 

The new LG I have goes to a screen saver if you leave it paused or on a menu like Netflix after a couple of minutes. I would think the biggest risk there is if you're someone who watches a specific channel all day that has a scrolling box at the bottom of the frame. Other than that I can't really think of where someone would run into it. 
thanks, I've got my hopes on a Black Friday deal for the 65" OLED from Costco.

anyone have concerns or issues with OLED burn in?
I have a Panasonic ST60 plasma in my basement. 

I recently bought a LG C9 for my front room.

The plasma easily gets image retention watching CNN or playing Call of Duty. But it goes away quickly.

Knock on wood, I haven't seen any image retention on the C9. I've been impressed.

Rtings Burn In Test

As long as you watch varied content you should be fine. If you play the same video game or watch CNN/ESPN for long periods then probably stay away.
That's actually a pretty awesome test, and pretty eye opening. I never had issues with image retention or burn in on any of my plasmas and they were easily used 5 hours a day but I never did any single image color. I'd be interested to see the impact if they say took the football TV and put on hockey or basketball.

I don't own one but a friend of mine does. 

According to him the higher range TCLs are really good but the low ends are crap.

Sorry I don't have more info 

Cool. So since this is the highest end TCL there is, I should be good. Thanks!
It seems like they go on sale pretty regularly at Best Buy so wait for that if it's not right now. 

I will say that we upgraded from the 6 series to the LG OLED from Costco and I couldn't be happier. Well worth the extra money imo. 

It seems like they go on sale pretty regularly at Best Buy so wait for that if it's not right now. 

I will say that we upgraded from the 6 series to the LG OLED from Costco and I couldn't be happier. Well worth the extra money imo. 
Allegedly, it's a $3k TV - on sale right now for $1800. 

Just bought a Sony Bravia 65inch  4K for a room just to watch football for 649.00 at Costco.  This same TV was well over 2 grand awhile back.   The picture is  great.   At the store when you are comparing the TVs you can tell the difference but they all look pretty good when you get them home.  Also the guy at costco said none of the TVs will look as good at home as they do in Costco if you have cable

Just bought a Sony Bravia 65inch  4K for a room just to watch football for 649.00 at Costco.  This same TV was well over 2 grand awhile back.   The picture is  great.   At the store when you are comparing the TVs you can tell the difference but they all look pretty good when you get them home.  Also the guy at costco said none of the TVs will look as good at home as they do in Costco if you have cable
What a liar. ALL TVs are on torch mode in any store, when you get it home you are in a much more controlled lighting environment as well as anyone who cares about quality will get into the settings and adjust it properly. And with rtings.com now you can get a pretty close to calibrated TV using their settings.

What a liar. ALL TVs are on torch mode in any store, when you get it home you are in a much more controlled lighting environment as well as anyone who cares about quality will get into the settings and adjust it properly. And with rtings.com now you can get a pretty close to calibrated TV using their settings.
correct.  can’t stand the way TVs are set up in the store.

Users who are viewing this thread