What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Movies youre embarrassed to say you like (1 Viewer)

shadyridr

Footballguy
I think ive watched Pitch Perfect 10 times. Hot chicks, lots of good music, fat amy, the announcers are hilarious. Whats not to like? :bag:

Four Weddings and a Funeral

Jerry Maguire

Jerry Magwire would be a top 3 movie for me if they cut out all the "you complete me" nonsense. Could have been an all time great sports movie.

Have to say I have watch's lohan's version of Parent Trap a dozen times. Couple of scenes still get to me.

Back Door Sluts 9 is the single most vile, twisted, dark piece of p0rn ever made. I read about it in People magazine.

Love Pitch Perfect. Very well made movie. Brittany Snow as a redhead looks amazing.

Being embarrassed of liking Princess Bride???? Only time to be embarrassed about that movie is if you DIDN'T like it. The book is quite good too.

Agree on "Pitch Perfect". Like it. Not embarrassed about it.

One that I think qualifies for me is "How Do You Know". I don't care what anyone says, that's a solid flick. The whole movie's good, but I especially like the hospital scene towards the end. I won't spoil it for those that haven't had the pleasure yet.

Really though, I'm not embarrassed. I assume most would think I should be, but it's not my fault if others can't recognize quality when they see it.

Maybe I just have a thing for James L. Brooks romantic comedies because "Spanglish" is another I'd mention. I think that's a fantastic movie. I don't like "As Good As It Gets" though, which I assume is the most highly regarded of his romantic comedies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im having trouble coming up with a movie Im embarrassed that I like. There are probably plenty of bad comedies or other movies that I do like that I shouldnt or most think of as awful, but Im not embarrassed to like them.

Coincidentally, I was actually thinking of starting a thread about songs youre embarrassed to admit liking, because Im pretty sure I have plenty of those. So I guess I'll go ahead and bite that bullett :bag:

Princess Bride
Good one. This movie is terrible.
wtf is wrong with you?
This is a movie that most everybody I know loves because they watched it as a child. I somehow missed it as a kid, and I tried watching it when I was older. I thought it sucked.

Same story with Labyrinth.
So as an adult you thought a movie mostly made up of muppets, David Bowie dressed as a goblin king, and a 16 year old Jennifer Connolly sucked? What did you go in expecting?

Being embarrassed of liking Princess Bride???? Only time to be embarrassed about that movie is if you DIDN'T like it. The book is quite good too.
Agreed, although I did have an embarrassing moment with the Princess Bride. It was in college, probably about a dozen people around me, only one of them was a guy besides me. One of the girls from NYC started talking about how big the rats are there, so of course I chime in and say "oh, you mean rodents of unusual size" and got a weird look back. So Im like, "you know, from Princess Bride?" then pretty much everyone is looking at me like WTF am I talking about. So I start saying how great this movie The Princess Bride is, and no one else had seen it. Needless to say I was shuked to be around a dozen people, mostly girls, and no one else had seen this classic, and considering the title of this movie that I was proclaiming to be great was Princess Bride, I basically got laughed at.

This was about 4 years ago, where everyone was probably between 23-26 years old (I was 25), so when Princess Bride was all over the TV channels in the early 90's we were around 8-12 years old, prime age to be exposed to something like Princess Bride. I still to this day cant believe none of them had seen it.

Agreed, although I did have an embarrassing moment with the Princess Bride. It was in college, probably about a dozen people around me, only one of them was a guy besides me. One of the girls from NYC started talking about how big the rats are there, so of course I chime in and say "oh, you mean rodents of unusual size" and got a weird look back. So Im like, "you know, from Princess Bride?" then pretty much everyone is looking at me like WTF am I talking about. So I start saying how great this movie The Princess Bride is, and no one else had seen it. Needless to say I was shuked to be around a dozen people, mostly girls, and no one else had seen this classic, and considering the title of this movie that I was proclaiming to be great was Princess Bride, I basically got laughed at.

This was about 4 years ago, where everyone was probably between 23-26 years old (I was 25), so when Princess Bride was all over the TV channels in the early 90's we were around 8-12 years old, prime age to be exposed to something like Princess Bride. I still to this day cant believe none of them had seen it.
:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread