What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Matt Asiata (1 Viewer)

Preseason stats: 19/67/1, 3.52 ypc, 2/3/0 rec.

Had a pretty nice ypc ~4.6 at Utah.

Big guy, 6'0", ~235-240 lbs. Might be slower than Toby.

Actually I think the guy you have to look out for is Joe Banyard, smaller than Asiata but more prototypical halfback, about 5"11" 215 lbs. - he was on the Saints preseason roster, and though they usually don't get to keep them (Joique Bell, Chris Ivory, Arian Foster), or make much use of them (Pierre Thomas, Khiry Robinson) they can have a great eye for RB talent. Something happened with Banyard, he got hurt, so he was not able to compete with Robinson. Banyard was picked up by the Vikes and got into preseason and did better than Asiata - 22/115/1, 5.2 ypc - so if he gets a shot and does something I won't be surprised if the Vikes leave him in to see what he can do. At UTEP he went 127/867/6, which is over 6.0 ypc (closer to 7 ypc actually), which is really good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rolled with him over Cruz at a flex. Laughed all damn day. He was terrible for the most part but the Offense put him in a goal line plunge enough times to make it money choice.

I started him since I didn't trust Brown, and Gio and Spiller typically get vultured.

He may go down as one of the biggest one-week performers in recent memory that goes right back to the waiver wire. Supposedly, AP and/or Gerhart will be back next week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread