What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What part of America is the biggest dump? (1 Viewer)

fantasycurse42 said:
NutterButter said:
Michael Brown said:
shotsup said:
I agree. Three of the ten richest counties in the country are in NJ, so it must be a total #### hole.
Only 3rd on per household income by state. Toilet.
Factor in those top public schools, close proximity to NYC, & beaches by far biggest dump in America!
All good points. Then again, none of those facts would be true if NYC was in North Carolina.New Jersey, Northern Virginia, and Southern Maryland are similar in that way. Friggin' freeloaders!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary, Indiana and Youngstown, Ohio are the 2 biggest ####holes I've ever been to. I havent seen the entire US, but I've seen most places east of the mississippi.

Fennis said:
Mississippi is usually the best answer for questions like these
That was my gut reaction. I feel like Mississippi and Alabama usually need to fight it out for these worst state titles.

Houston is too successful.

NJ as well.

It's gotta be either Rust Belt (somewhere between Gary, IN and Buffalo around the lakes) or southwest/southeast rural poor areas.

Definitely Maryland, especially the 95 corridor from Baltimore to the Delaware line. Ghetto/trailer trash people, tons of drugs, depressing landscape. Absolute ####hole in every way.

Worst place in the US i've ever been to was Gary, In. What a disaster that was. At least I was able to get some fireworks before going back into Illinois

No votes for Detroit yet? This board is slipping.

I've never been but from everything I've read....
I was just coming on to post this. These other cities that people post are paradise compared to the D. I've visited and lived in a lot of cities and Detroit is by far the worst.

There's videos, documentaries, and pictures that I would post if I knew how to post links. It looks like an abandoned city in many places, crime is rampant and the city can't afford to properly police the city.

They are practically throwing money at police and firefighters to buy a house in Detroit city and still no real interest.

No votes for Detroit yet? This board is slipping.

I've never been but from everything I've read....
I was just coming on to post this. These other cities that people post are paradise compared to the D. I've visited and lived in a lot of cities and Detroit is by far the worst.

There's videos, documentaries, and pictures that I would post if I knew how to post links. It looks like an abandoned city in many places, crime is rampant and the city can't afford to properly police the city.

They are practically throwing money at police and firefighters to buy a house in Detroit city and still no real interest.
Yeah, I assumed the stories about Detroit were exaggerated until I saw the documentary "Burn". It's so much worse than I even thought it could be. It reminds me of a video game like "SimCity" when you build the city all wrong and everything goes crazy. When they were showing how many fires there were on some nights I couldn't even believe what I was seeing.

I live in NJ and would give my state a +1 vote, but only for the certain real dump sections like Camden, Trenton, Newark, Atlantic City....well pretty much most areas immediately next to NYC and Philly. Maybe it makes the NY people and Philly people feel like NJ reminds them of home when they come over here?

I travel around the eastern part of the USA for work. Detroit is the correct answer. It is an abandoned landfill posing as a city.

Fennis said:
Mississippi is usually the best answer for questions like these
That was my gut reaction. I feel like Mississippi and Alabama usually need to fight it out for these worst state titles.
Culturally speaking things are lacking here, but it's not miserable and depressing like much of the midwest. The women are much hotter too.

Only two of the four #### holes in Ohio so far? I'll take care of the others. Toledo and Akron.

joffer said:
yet people from there think it is the greatest city this country has to offer. Most delusional fanbases in sports as well. It's a really, really strange place. Totally agree.

I travel around the eastern part of the USA for work. Detroit is the correct answer. It is an abandoned landfill posing as a city.
as far as big cities are concerned, unless you're attending a sporting event there is no defending Detroit. A lot of great areas nearby though. It's why I hesitate to condemn them.

I used to work in Gary, IN and it is a dump. I also lived in Jacksonville, FL for 7 years and along the beach where I lived it was awesome but go over the bridge and into Northwest Jacksonville and it reminds me of Gary and Detroit.

Puerto Rico. If PR was a Latin American country, it would be the richest of them all. But as a US State, its worse than Mississippi. Its the biggest dump in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread