What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (1 Viewer)

.5 PPR.

Gave:

Eddie Lacy

Received:

Antonio Brown

Hard to give up a stud RB like Lacy, however his constant injuries turned me off enough to take the trade when offered.
Pick 1 and Brown seems like the obvious side to take here.

Traded ty Hilton for Julius Thomas than flipped Julius Thomas for Zac Stacey

So ty for Stacey

I like it alot

Traded ty Hilton for Julius Thomas than flipped Julius Thomas for Zac Stacey

So ty for Stacey

I like it alot
Hilton for Thomas would only make sense in a league that doesnt require you to start a TE. Yeah, you did good there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just did this one a bit ago. 12 team Dynasty, FFPC

Pierre Thomas

pick 8

for

Pick 5

Who knows how the draft will shake out, plus the FFPC rookie drafts are in May which makes the difference between pick 5 and pick 8 much less significant than most drafts that are in late august or early september, but I figured what the heck, trading away Pierre won't burn me right?? :shrug:

Just did this one a bit ago. 12 team Dynasty, FFPC

Pierre Thomas

pick 8

for

Pick 5

Who knows how the draft will shake out, plus the FFPC rookie drafts are in May which makes the difference between pick 5 and pick 8 much less significant than most drafts that are in late august or early september, but I figured what the heck, trading away Pierre won't burn me right?? :shrug:
I like it for you because it opens up a roster spot, plus right now there is a huge difference between 5 and 8. Right now 5 gets you Evens, Watkins, Lee, the first running back off the board or the first quarterback off the board.

I like it for you because it opens up a roster spot, plus right now there is a huge difference between 5 and 8. Right now 5 gets you Evens, Watkins, Lee, the first running back off the board or the first quarterback off the board.
I definitely will not be taking a QB. I would rather trade the pick than do that. I already have Rodgers, but I have never been one to take rookie QBs early anyway.

I do have pick 4 also, so picks 4 and 5 are nice. If someone takes a QB in the top 3, I would be pretty happy.

And yeah, opening up a roster spot to keep one of my fringe guys has SOME appeal. Also if I do end up trading for a guy prior to cuts, this would just make that easier on me.

Whether you like the trade or not the OP was about actual trades completed. I am just pumped I got Stacey for TY.

He gave up Thomas because he was deep at TE and very thin at WR.

Whether you like the trade or not the OP was about actual trades completed. I am just pumped I got Stacey for TY.

He gave up Thomas because he was deep at TE and very thin at WR.
I realize WHY he did it. It's just a very poor value trade for him to make.

The kind of thing that makes zero sense to me when he has 8 months to be able to make a much better deal. With that TE depth surely there are a few teams who need a TE, and he could do better than Hilton.

As for you, great move regardless of what your roster looks like.

10 team PPR, 1QB 1RB 2WR 1TE 2FLEX

Team A trades:

Torrey Smith

Team B trades:

DeAndre Hopkins
Like Smith here. He's shown he can be a WR1. Not to say Hopkins can't.
Must have missed Torrey Smith putting up FF WR1 numbers. From where I'm sitting he's been a mediocre WR2 over his entire career. Not saying that's all he'll ever be, but that's certainly all he's amounted to thus far.ETA: This was in a 10 team PPR; so Smith is actually a WR3.

14 team PPR. Devy league.

Gave:

Amari Cooper

Rookie only 2.14

Travis Kelce

3 rookie 4ths

Got:

Reggie Bush

Flipped Bush immediately for:

Brandon Marshall

Team A trades:

Torrey Smith

Team B trades:

DeAndre Hopkins
Must have missed Torrey Smith putting up FF WR1 numbers. From where I'm sitting he's been a mediocre WR2 over his entire career. Not saying that's all he'll ever be, but that's certainly all he's amounted to thus far.ETA: This was in a 10 team PPR; so Smith is actually a WR3.
I was the team receiving Hopkins and I looked at it this way. I kind of have an idea of what Smith can be and I'm definitely not a big fan of Flacco throwing him the ball for the foreseeable future. I really liked Hopkins coming out of college and with a definite upgrade at QB and a pretty good offensive coach (O'Brien), I thought his stock should be trending up.

Team A trades:

Torrey Smith

Team B trades:

DeAndre Hopkins
I was the team receiving Hopkins and I looked at it this way. I kind of have an idea of what Smith can be and I'm definitely not a big fan of Flacco throwing him the ball for the foreseeable future. I really liked Hopkins coming out of college and with a definite upgrade at QB and a pretty good offensive coach (O'Brien), I thought his stock should be trending up.
I personally think Smith has reached his ceiling. He was the only target for Flacco last year with Boldin gone and Pitta injured and his stats were unimpressive. Hopkins still has a lot of potential, especially now that Bridgewater is there.

Just took over a 2-11 team a few days ago and made some moves. 1.25 ppr for TE. Team is another year or so away.

Team 1 gave up Luck, Andrew IND QB;Miller, Lamar MIA RB;Crabtree, Michael SFO WR;Woods, Robert BUF WR;Witten, Jason DAL TE; Year 2014 Round 4 Draft Pick;Year 2014 Round 4 Draft Pick

For

Team 2 gave up Stafford, Matthew DET QB;Brown, Bryce PHI RB;Murray, Latavius OAK RB;Spiller, C.J. BUF RB;Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR; Year 2014 Round 3 Draft Pick

(I asked the guy who did he like on the team and sent them all packing. I think I came away with all of the upside in this deal aside from the QB swap. Top backs were MJD, D. Brown and Mendy)

Team 3 gave up Eifert, Tyler CIN TE; Year 2014 1.4;Year 2014 1.6

For

Team 1 gave up Floyd, Michael ARI WR; Year 2014 1.1

(1.1 was clearly one of the biggest assets I was left with. If you are good at getting value later in drafts then dropping back while grabbing extra picks is always a good move. Last year I had no problem dropping back for Zac Stacy while guys with Gio/Austin hard on sent me whatever I asked for. Eifert for Floyd in this format is god sent imo.)

Another deal that didn't involve me.

Reed, Jordan WAS TE

For

Moreno, Knowshon DEN RB

Interesting trade that I was apart of:

12 team PPR, 1QB 1RB 2WR 1TE 2FLEX

Team A trades:

Dez Bryant

CJ Spiller

Team B trades:

LeSean McCoy

Kendall Wright

I was the team receiving McCoy/Wright. May have been an overpay on my part, but I got the guy I wanted.

Interesting trade that I was apart of:

Team A trades:

Dez Bryant

CJ Spiller

Team B trades:

LeSean McCoy

Kendall Wright

I was the team receiving McCoy/Wright. May have been an overpay on my part, but I got the guy I wanted.
I like McCoy but I would take the Dez side here

Gave:

Amari Cooper

Rookie only 2.14

Travis Kelce

3 rookie 4ths

Got:

Reggie Bush

Brandon Marshall
To qualify this post, I'm not looking for advice, I know this is a thread for completed trades.

But I wanted to post about this oddity--

I've just been offered Cooper, 2.14, 3 rookie 4ths, Kelce, and Decker for Marshall.

So essentially I'd end up with the exact same roster I had yesterday, but with Decker thrown in for free.

Wild, how it turned out. Don't know what I'm going to do, but it's just super weird and I wanted to post it.

Gave:

Amari Cooper

Rookie only 2.14

Travis Kelce

3 rookie 4ths

Got:

Reggie Bush

Brandon Marshall
To qualify this post, I'm not looking for advice, I know this is a thread for completed trades.But I wanted to post about this oddity--

I've just been offered Cooper, 2.14, 3 rookie 4ths, Kelce, and Decker for Marshall.

So essentially I'd end up with the exact same roster I had yesterday, but with Decker thrown in for free.

Wild, how it turned out. Don't know what I'm going to do, but it's just super weird and I wanted to post it.
That just means both your other deals were ripoffs, cause they were.

Gave:

Amari Cooper

Rookie only 2.14

Travis Kelce

3 rookie 4ths

Got:

Reggie Bush

Brandon Marshall
To qualify this post, I'm not looking for advice, I know this is a thread for completed trades.But I wanted to post about this oddity--

That just means both your other deals were ripoffs, cause they were.
Not a Cooper fan? He's pretty highly regarded in devy circles.

If you make two deals and then are able to deal the player you end up with for exactly the same thing as you started with.....plus Decker......and you arent sure if you want to do it, that should tell you something.

If you make two deals and then are able to deal the player you end up with for exactly the same thing as you started with.....plus Decker......and you arent sure if you want to do it, that should tell you something.
I trade around all the time to slowly accumulate value. That's kind of the point, in a sense. It just doesn't usually come to a head this quickly or obviously, which is why I thought it was interesting.

You didn't answer my question. I don't think a 29 year old RB in a league where you only have to start 1 (and can start 4 WR's) for arguably the top devy WR available (in this league) is ridiculous. As for the second deal, one-for-one deals like that are always going to be controversial.

I think the Bush deal was ok. Bush for marshall was great.

But as I said, just the fact that you aren't sure if you are going to take the offer on the table says it all.

And also makes ya wonder why the other guy didn't shop Marshall at all.

Pretty odd trade here. Guy that traded Gordon is normally a pretty solid owner. Maybe I'm missing something, but I thought this was pretty one-sided.

Team A trades:

Montee Ball

Larry Fitzgerald

Team B trades:

Josh Gordon

Traded Reggie Bush and 2 mid 4th's for Maclin and 3.02. May get butchered for this, but I think we have yet to see the best of Jeremy Maclin. I also think this draft will be deep w/ wr talent into 3rd round

14 team dynasty w/ dev players. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR/TE. .5/1/1.5 PPR for RB/WR/TE.

Gave: 1.03 dev pick

Got: WR Justin Hunter

All college players are eligible for our annual dev draft, so guys like Lee/Watkins/Seastrunk/Gurley are long gone. The likely top options will mostly be freshmen, sophomores, and HS players like Collins/Treadwell/North/M Davis/Coley/Winston/etc.

Users who are viewing this thread