Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Concept Coop

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread

12 team ppr. 1/2/3/1

marshall

for

watkins

1.1 rookie pick... devy league 25ish rostered.. mason/hyde/amaro/ebron available to name a few

asj

Huh. What are the thoughts on this? This is the first time I've seen Watkins valued directly against a veteran WR.

I'm of the opinion that the 1.1, even in a devy league where it's worth less, is way too much to bridge that value gap, even without knowing his situation yet.

But for someone trying to win now, maybe that's not the case.

12 team ppr. 1/2/3/1

marshall

for

watkins

1.1 rookie pick... devy league 25ish rostered.. mason/hyde/amaro/ebron available to name a few

asj

Huh. What are the thoughts on this? This is the first time I've seen Watkins valued directly against a veteran WR.

I'm of the opinion that the 1.1, even in a devy league where it's worth less, is way too much to bridge that value gap, even without knowing his situation yet.

But for someone trying to win now, maybe that's not the case.

I like the Marshall side not knowing rosters but I can see a few scenarios where I could see myself making this deal

Cruz

Finely

For

2014 early third

2015 projected 7-12 overall 1st

12 team PPR wasn't involved start 3WR plus flex possible

Shane Vereen plus early 4th in 2015 for 2.3 in 2014

Vereen pretty easily.

Yeah, I'm not a Vereen fan at all, but that's way too low for him even if it's not PPR.

Cruz

Finely

For

2014 early third

2015 projected 7-12 overall 1st

12 team PPR wasn't involved start 3WR plus flex possible

Cruz. That's pretty bad

FFPC

2015 1st

for

Donald Brown

Seems like a very steep price for a guy I got off the WW this year. Maybe a 2nd, but a 1st?

PPR Dynasty

I sent Ryan Mathews/Terrance Williams. I received Keenan Allen/Alec Ogletree

I'm going to take the Matthews/Williams side, fully aware that the Allen side is safer. When acting as #2, Williams was a top 15 WR and I expect more of that in 2014+. Mathews has looked pretty good and should have another season or two of above baseline production.

PPR Dynasty

I sent Ryan Mathews/Terrance Williams. I received Keenan Allen/Alec Ogletree

I'm going to take the Matthews/Williams side, fully aware that the Allen side is safer. When acting as #2, Williams was a top 15 WR and I expect more of that in 2014+. Mathews has looked pretty good and should have another season or two of above baseline production.

I will go the other way on this one, and take Allen pretty easy here.

PPR

Team A gets Blackmon and 2.03

Team B gets Decker and 3.02

I really wish I knew what was going to happen and when Blackmon will get back on the field.

If the guy actually stays clean once he gets back, he will be very good for a very long time. If if if if if if

But in general, I like to go after the players that I KNOW play well on the field whether they have baggage or not. A guy who can't perform has no chance of helping you, but an idiot like Balckmon has a chance to be a plug-and-play for you for a decade.

That said, not even sure which side I like here. Probably Blackmon, especially if Manning really only plays one more year or whatever. If Manning is done after this year, then this is robbery to get Blackmon.

12 team PPR superflex.

Traded away the 1.10 rookie for Ray Rice.

Has he really fallen that far?

Just saw Rice go for 1.04, 2.04 and 3.04 in one of my leagues, that is robbery!

Just finished this one up:

Gave:

Brandon Marshall

Knowshon Moreno
Stevie Johnson

Received:

Julio Jones

Matt Forte

The league is telling me I ripped him off but I don't think it's that bad, thoughts?

Gave:

Brandon Marshall

Knowshon Moreno

Stevie Johnson

Received:

Julio Jones

Matt Forte

The league is telling me I ripped him off but I don't think it's that bad, thoughts?

Thats terrible, you got the two best pieces by a long shot.

Pretty cheap I would say.

Forte seems pretty much free. I am not too sure you could get Julio for the rest of that.

I like all those guys enough but Julio likely should fetch more than 3 average to good pieces

Forte seems pretty much free. I am not too sure you could get Julio for the rest of that.

I like all those guys enough but Julio likely should fetch more than 3 average to good pieces

Since when did Marshall become an average to good player?? He has over 100 catches in 5 of last 7 years, only 29 and always plays.

Gave:

Brandon Marshall

Knowshon Moreno

Stevie Johnson

Received:

Julio Jones

Matt Forte

They are telling you that you ripped him off because you did rip him off.

Most people I know wouldn't trade Julio for that, let alone throw in forte for free.

Since when did Marshall become an average to good player?? He has over 100 catches in 5 of last 7 years, only 29 and always plays.

OK Marshall is very good and I have him as a top 10 WR. He is one of the few guys that can crack the top 5 WR numbers any year. However I have yet to see any deal where he is traded for a consensus top 5 dynasty WR even up. I actually believe Moreno and SJohnson might not be enough with Marshall for Julio and has nothing to do with Marshall

No matter how much you downgrade Julio and rose tint Marshal, Moreno and SJohnson this is a very lopsided deal. A great deal for the owner getting Julio and Forte but understandably creating a bit of a stir within the league.

team A traded Peyton Manning, Calvin Johnson, Doug Martin, Christine Michael and Jordan Reed

team B traded Ray Rice, Dez Bryant, Jimmy Graham, Nick Foles, and Stedman Bailey.

team A traded Peyton Manning, Calvin Johnson, Doug Martin, Christine Michael and Jordan Reed

team B traded Ray Rice, Dez Bryant, Jimmy Graham, Nick Foles, and Stedman Bailey.

MIght be the biggest deal I have ever seen :banned:

Can't be too precise without the specifics of the league, but I think I take the Dez/Graham side

Gave:

Brandon Marshall

Knowshon Moreno

Stevie Johnson

Received:

Julio Jones

Matt Forte

I'll go with the league on that. Julio and Marshall are a wash productionwise, but Julio is considerably younger making him much more valuable.

The rest of the deal skews in you favor as well - depending on where Moreno ends up perhaps considerably.

MIght be the biggest deal I have ever seen :banned:

Can't be too precise without the specifics of the league, but I think I take the Dez/Graham side

14 team league, 1 PPR, bonus for big plays (rushing & receiving bonus), start 4 defensive players, 4 points per passing TD the rest is 6 points.

Yeah pretty big trade!

It comes down to Martin + Reed or Graham + Rice; the rest cancels out, unless you're really high on Micahel. Before Reed's injury, I'd likely lean Martin/Reed. Considering it, I'll take the best and by far the safest player in this portion of the deal: Jimmy!

PPR

I really wish I knew what was going to happen and when Blackmon will get back on the field.

If the guy actually stays clean once he gets back, he will be very good for a very long time. If if if if if if

But in general, I like to go after the players that I KNOW play well on the field whether they have baggage or not. A guy who can't perform has no chance of helping you, but an idiot like Balckmon has a chance to be a plug-and-play for you for a decade.

That said, not even sure which side I like here. Probably Blackmon, especially if Manning really only plays one more year or whatever. If Manning is done after this year, then this is robbery to get Blackmon.

You don't expect Decker to leave in free agency?

PPR

I like Decker more than Blackmon, so would likely take that side if I am in my window. The 2.03 will have solid value this year, however, so the name could change things.

On the Julio deal I posted above, just wondering - is nobody worried about Julio's foot and it possibly being a chronic injury that will affect him going forward? That was the only thing that gave me pause when thinking about doing the deal, that and Forte going on 29. I know Moreno's situation is uncertain but he could stay in Denver or land in a great opportunity as well. Just pondering those things, especially Julio's injury!

12 team PPR.

Give: Calvin, Moreno, Decker

Get: Julio, Patterson, 1.01 and 3.01 2014 picks

IMO

Julio/3rd = Calvin

Decker, Moreno ? Patterson, 1.01

I'm not that high on Moreno long-term, and would much rather have the 1.01 pick. Decker/Patterson...we'll have to wait and see.

12 team PPR.

Give: Calvin, Moreno, Decker

Get: Julio, Patterson, 1.01 and 3.01 2014 picks

IMO

Julio/3rd = Calvin

Decker, Moreno ? Patterson, 1.01

I'm not that high on Moreno long-term, and would much rather have the 1.01 pick. Decker/Patterson...we'll have to wait and see.

Julio side really easy, by a lot. Selling high on Moreno now is a very, very good idea. So is buying Patterson low.

12 team PPR with flex

Ball for Mathews

Ball.

Yeah I was surprised Mathews was so high in DLF rankings so I threw this out there and it was accepted straight away. Perhaps Ball is underrated, although a lot of things can happen in Denver.

On the Julio deal I posted above, just wondering - is nobody worried about Julio's foot and it possibly being a chronic injury that will affect him going forward? That was the only thing that gave me pause when thinking about doing the deal, that and Forte going on 29. I know Moreno's situation is uncertain but he could stay in Denver or land in a great opportunity as well. Just pondering those things, especially Julio's injury!

Count me as worried, Julio seems to have a pretty checkered injury history. I still like your side of the deal, but me personally I'd look to convert Julio to any other wr in the top5