What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (3 Viewers)

On the Julio deal I posted above, just wondering - is nobody worried about Julio's foot and it possibly being a chronic injury that will affect him going forward? That was the only thing that gave me pause when thinking about doing the deal, that and Forte going on 29. I know Moreno's situation is uncertain but he could stay in Denver or land in a great opportunity as well. Just pondering those things, especially Julio's injury!
Count me as worried, Julio seems to have a pretty checkered injury history. I still like your side of the deal, but me personally I'd look to convert Julio to any other wr in the top5
Dr Bremel posted an article during the season about the injury.

The doctor doing his surgery has done the same surgery on others. every one of the athletes returned to their previous level of play with no future issues.

PPR

Team A gets Blackmon and 2.03

Team B gets Decker and 3.02
I really wish I knew what was going to happen and when Blackmon will get back on the field.

If the guy actually stays clean once he gets back, he will be very good for a very long time. If if if if if if

But in general, I like to go after the players that I KNOW play well on the field whether they have baggage or not. A guy who can't perform has no chance of helping you, but an idiot like Balckmon has a chance to be a plug-and-play for you for a decade.

That said, not even sure which side I like here. Probably Blackmon, especially if Manning really only plays one more year or whatever. If Manning is done after this year, then this is robbery to get Blackmon.
Manning may be a moot point since deckers a free agent

Cutler

for

On "pure value", I'd take the 1.04. But if I had question marks at QB, I could easily see paying that price for Cutler.
I think the 1.04 is a big win, personally. I expect a big gap between 1.04 and 1.09. 1.04 will be one of the top 2 WRs, or a top 2 RB. 1.09 will be a second tier WR or one of the TEs.
Agreed and if you're starting Cutler at QB you are at a disadvantage over most of the other teams anyway.

Cutler

for

On "pure value", I'd take the 1.04. But if I had question marks at QB, I could easily see paying that price for Cutler.
I think the 1.04 is a big win, personally. I expect a big gap between 1.04 and 1.09. 1.04 will be one of the top 2 WRs, or a top 2 RB. 1.09 will be a second tier WR or one of the TEs.
Agreed and if you're starting Cutler at QB you are at a disadvantage over most of the other teams anyway.
If you scrap the two games Cutler left early, he was QB7 in ppg (4/pTD; -1/INT).

Cutler

for

If you scrap the two games Cutler left early, he was QB7 in ppg (4/pTD; -1/INT).
In a 12 team league - my statement would still be applicable then (even if you scrap those two games). I'm not saying that Cutler is a terrible option for a fantasy starting QB, just that he doesn't offer much worth paying a premium for. Roethlisberger, Dalton, Eli, Romo, etc. all would put you in the same boat and could probably come at a cheaper price than what was paid here.

It wasn't a terrible deal - for all we know the 1.09 will yield a better player than the 1.04 when all is said and done - but don't like the value..

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that cutler deal was bad. In most leagues he was in waivers every week except when someone needed a bye week fill in.

Don't like it at all.

Yeah, that cutler deal was bad. In most leagues he was in waivers every week except when someone needed a bye week fill in.

Don't like it at all.
i dont think cutler has been on waivers in any of my leagues in quite some time
Shoulda specified most of MY leagues, mostly 20 man rosters.

Bigger leagues no, not on waivers.

But unless this is a 16 team league or a two qb league, I don't like it at all.

12 Team PPR, QRRWWTKD + Flex + SuperFlex, TE Premium....First trades of the off-season, not involved.

Team A gives Jordy Nelson

Team B gives 1.11, 1.12, DMC, Fred Davis <_<

Later,

Team A gives 1.12, Latavius Murray

Team C gives Mike Wallace and Rod Streeter

Later,

Team A (has Knowshon) gives 1.01, 1.11 and 2.04

Team D gives Montee Ball, 1.06, 1.08

Team A is a very active trader. On the surface, not sure how he made out. In a SuperFlex, I think there will some interesting QBs at 1.06

12 team PPR 6 pts all TD's

Gave: Roddy White

Got: Andy Dalton

Dalton was the leagues 7th highest scorer for the year. And I had plenty of WR depth and only Flacco at QB.

14 Team, 1 PPR, 1 QB Superflex: 1 QB/2 RB/2 WR/1 TE/1 DEF/1 K/ 1 Superflex/1 Flex RB/WR/TE

My roster (finished 3rd this season):

Stafford/Ryan

Morris/Gore/McFadden/Ray Rice/B. Pierce
Marshall/Crabtree/A.Brown/Nelson/Jennings/Blackmon

Olsen/Myers/L. Willson/T. Wright

Tucker

Seahawks

Gave:

Alfred Morris

Jordy Nelson

Greg Olsen
Pick 48 in 2014 (there are compensatory picks so easier to just give pick number)

Received

Rob Gronkowski
Victor Cruz
Steven Jackson

Pick 11 in 2014

Now have pick 11, 12, 21 and 39 in the upcoming rookie draft. I think it's a pretty even trade, I asked in assistant coach (it's changed slightly since) and got very mixed opinions as to which side people preferred!

12 team PPR 6 pts all TD's

Gave: Roddy White

Got: Andy Dalton

Dalton was the leagues 7th highest scorer for the year. And I had plenty of WR depth and only Flacco at QB.
I guess it helps your team (maybe, I think Dalton sucks and this sort of reminds me of when Sanchez scored top 10 a few years ago), but I think you gave up a lot more value and should have gotten more in return.

Honestly, I am not even convinced Dalton is their QB in two years. However, he sure does have weapons to throw to with Green, Jones, Eifert, and Bernard.

14 Team, 1 PPR, 1 QB Superflex: 1 QB/2 RB/2 WR/1 TE/1 DEF/1 K/ 1 Superflex/1 Flex RB/WR/TE

My roster (finished 3rd this season):

Stafford/Ryan

Morris/Gore/McFadden/Ray Rice/B. Pierce

Marshall/Crabtree/A.Brown/Nelson/Jennings/Blackmon

Olsen/Myers/L. Willson/T. Wright

Tucker

Seahawks

Gave:

Alfred Morris

Jordy Nelson

Greg Olsen

Pick 48 in 2014 (there are compensatory picks so easier to just give pick number)

Received

Rob Gronkowski

Victor Cruz

Steven Jackson

Pick 11 in 2014

Now have pick 11, 12, 21 and 39 in the upcoming rookie draft. I think it's a pretty even trade, I asked in assistant coach (it's changed slightly since) and got very mixed opinions as to which side people preferred!
I like your side of the trade.

Gronk is still Gronk until I see otherwise

Sent Cameron and pick 1.1

Got Gio Bernard, Toliolo and pick 1.10

What do you all think?

As for the post above mine, as far as Murray goes in OAK, does he have a decent shot to become their RB1? I have him on IR for now, wont cut him, but am curious as to what OAK might do with their RBs.

ConnSKINS26 said:
14 team PPR. Devy league. 1.5 PPR for TE's.

Gave:

Da'Rick Rogers

Got:

Dwayne Allen

Stedman Bailey
Given the format I'd take Allen pretty easily. A more neutral format I'd probably still prefer the Allen side.

ConnSKINS26 said:

Gave:

Da'Rick Rogers

Got:

Dwayne Allen

Stedman Bailey
Given the format I'd take Allen pretty easily. A more neutral format I'd probably still prefer the Allen side.
Interesting. I figured opinions would be spilt pretty evenly depending on how high everyone was or wasn't on Rogers.

ConnSKINS26 said:

Gave:

Da'Rick Rogers

Got:

Dwayne Allen

Stedman Bailey
Interesting. I figured opinions would be spilt pretty evenly depending on how high everyone was or wasn't on Rogers.
Rogers is more likely a wr2, but Bailey could also be a wr2 in ppr. I think he's a good target this off season. Allen is another guy I'll be looking to pick up where cheapish.

ConnSKINS26 said:

Gave:

Da'Rick Rogers

Got:

Dwayne Allen

Stedman Bailey
I like it for you. Allen should be able to bounce back coming off his injury. Even though Fleener is still there, it's not like Fleener really ran away with the TE job there in Indy this season. Allen is definitely the more talented guy. To me, Bailey and Rogers are about even. Both have WR2 potential, but we just haven't really seen enough of either so far to say for sure. Definitely a good move for you.

16 team, IDP,

three trades all involving different owners:

Fred Jackson/2014 2.03/2014 5.13
for
Tavon Austin

1.2/Ginn Jr

For

* I got the 1.1. Minor trade but I wanted to lock up the top option.

2014 3rd
For
Brad Jones

16 team, IDP,

1.2/Ginn Jr

For 1.1

To me that seems like moving up one spot for free
Yup, I was happy with it obviously. Ginn was on my roster bubble anyways.
Ginn should be on everyone's roster bubble. I'm not saying he's worthless - but he's not worth much at all and is a fringe dynasty asset. Who would make him the focal point of any trade, even a minor move down?

16 team, IDP,

1.2/Ginn Jr

For 1.1

Ginn should be on everyone's roster bubble. I'm not saying he's worthless - but he's not worth much at all and is a fringe dynasty asset. Who would make him the focal point of any trade, even a minor move down?
The other guy built his roster around IDP and is stacked there but very weak on IOP. Had Decker, Marlon Brown and Mike Williams at WR and not much at RB. I can see why he did it. I started Ginn many times in this league. Very deep

ConnSKINS26 said:

Gave:

Da'Rick Rogers

Got:

Dwayne Allen

Stedman Bailey
Allen/Bailey side for me

I think Rogers is a guy that definitely has the opportunity and physical makeup to be a #1WR. Players don't go undrafted for no reason and then get cut if they are vastly more talented than others.

I can see why someone might want to take a chance on Rogers but Allen is a better player now and having Bailey to help offset the WR loss this deal was easy to make

16 team, IDP,

1.2/Ginn Jr

For 1.1

The other guy built his roster around IDP and is stacked there but very weak on IOP. Had Decker, Marlon Brown and Mike Williams at WR and not much at RB. I can see why he did it. I started Ginn many times in this league. Very deep
Still how much will Ginn really help?

Think the 1.01 should always get you more that a return guy that is a situational deep threat

12 Team PPR

Team A got: Dalton, Spiller, Gore, M Reece and 2015 1st

Team B got: Vick, Doug Martin, Khiry Robinson and Cordarelle Patterson

Just curious, but why? Do you have a target there?

Last year I would have loved the side getting two picks. This year I prefer pick 3, but still a decent deal for both sides.
Watkins, Lee, Evans, maybe the best Rb prospect.

I see the top as better this year than last year.

12 team FFPC

Doug martin

for

pick 2

a 2015 1st (PROBABLY a non playoff team)
I'd still take Martin, myself.
If he can use Ginn to move up to pick #1 I might take the picks side :hifive:

But I think I agree in most cases here I would roll with Martin and hope for the best. Only problem in this particular case is that even if martin plays well the guy who just got him probably still misses the playoffs.

Just happened in our salary cap league

Side A: Keenan Allen $3, Knile Davis $1 and Steve Smith $13

Side B: Peyton Manning $16, Cordarelle Patterson $2 and the equivalent of a late first/early second round rookie pick

The team getting side A has Jamaal Charles and needed a WR upgrade. He also has a cheap Andrew Luck.

Users who are viewing this thread