What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (3 Viewers)

12 team PPR dynasty league, .5/1.0/1.5

Traded away:

Larry Fitzgerald

Roddy White

Greg Olsen

Traded for:

Keenan Allen

Torrey Smith

Jeremy Maclin
Hmm, seems liek a lot to give to get Allen. Smith is ok and Maclin is ok, but it just seems like a lot to give,
Maybe, maybe not. I got Allen, Smith, and Maclin to add to AJ Green, Harvin, and Terrance Williams, so my WR squad is set up very nicely for a long time. I see Allen as a borderline WR1/WR2, Smith as a WR2, and Maclin as a WR3. Still have Gronk and Ladarius at TE, and I'm loaded at RB too with ADP, Lynch, Lacy, and Spiller.

None of the guys I gave up were starters for me, and rather than take a shot at unknowns with the picks, I used the picks to trade three guys with a total age of 92 next year for three proven guys with a total age of 74 without damaging my chances to win at all. Would you trade those picks for 18 years of nearly guaranteed production? I obviously would.
How was Larry Fitzgerald (and even Roddy White) not a starter for you?

For the record I think its a fine trade, as I love Allen and like Torrey Smith's potential more than most.

MattFancy said:
14-team PPR, 1.5 PPR for TEs, Devy Leauge

I gave: Demaryius Thomas

I received: Brandon Marshall, Dwayne Allen, Lache Seastrunk
As the other owner in this trade I'm curious to see what people think. I have a feeling I overpaid, but I'm happy with it.

12 team, ppr (0.5 rb / 1.0 wr / 1.5 te)

Give: Nicks, 4.02

Get: Maclin, 2.10

Give: Ellington, 2.02

Get: Ballard, 1.09 (have TRich)

The last trade I was in has already been posted (gave Keenan, Torrey, Maclin for Fitz, Roddy, Olsen 1.08, 2.08, 4.08).

Sum of trades:

Give: Keenan, Torrey, Nicks, Ellington, 2.02, 4.02

Get: Fitz, Roddy, Olsen, Ballard, 1.08, 1.09, 2.08, 2.10, 4.08

Dr. Octopus said:
Steelers4Life said:
ghostguy123 said:
Steelers4Life said:
12 team PPR dynasty league, .5/1.0/1.5

Traded away:

Larry Fitzgerald

Roddy White

Greg Olsen

Traded for:

Keenan Allen

Torrey Smith

Jeremy Maclin
Hmm, seems liek a lot to give to get Allen. Smith is ok and Maclin is ok, but it just seems like a lot to give,
Maybe, maybe not. I got Allen, Smith, and Maclin to add to AJ Green, Harvin, and Terrance Williams, so my WR squad is set up very nicely for a long time. I see Allen as a borderline WR1/WR2, Smith as a WR2, and Maclin as a WR3. Still have Gronk and Ladarius at TE, and I'm loaded at RB too with ADP, Lynch, Lacy, and Spiller.

None of the guys I gave up were starters for me, and rather than take a shot at unknowns with the picks, I used the picks to trade three guys with a total age of 92 next year for three proven guys with a total age of 74 without damaging my chances to win at all. Would you trade those picks for 18 years of nearly guaranteed production? I obviously would.
How was Larry Fitzgerald (and even Roddy White) not a starter for you?

For the record I think its a fine trade, as I love Allen and like Torrey Smith's potential more than most.
Because it's a start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 flex league and my starters pre-trade would generally be ADP, Lynch, Lacy, AJ Green, Harvin, and Gronk.

Spiller, Fitz, and Roddy would've been my top backups, and Olsen would've been my backup TE. The trade didn't make my team appreciably stronger, but it made it much younger and just as good.

MattFancy said:

As the other owner in this trade I'm curious to see what people think. I have a feeling I overpaid, but I'm happy with it.
Seastrunk might be a really good player and we know Marshall is but you are giving up 2 young players with potential and an aging player for a younger elite WR. Those extra couple of years don't generally come cheaply so I think you both did OK from what I can assume on the intent

Some leagues you really have to overpay to get those elite guys but I think this is actually pretty solid value where both sides can feel good about how they made out.

MattFancy said:

Seastrunk might be a really good player and we know Marshall is but you are giving up 2 young players with potential and an aging player for a younger elite WR. Those extra couple of years don't generally come cheaply so I think you both did OK from what I can assume on the intent

Some leagues you really have to overpay to get those elite guys but I think this is actually pretty solid value where both sides can feel good about how they made out.
If Manning plays at least one more year I will take the Demaryius side, but really Marshall should be good to go for a while also.

MattFancy said:

Seastrunk might be a really good player and we know Marshall is but you are giving up 2 young players with potential and an aging player for a younger elite WR. Those extra couple of years don't generally come cheaply so I think you both did OK from what I can assume on the intentSome leagues you really have to overpay to get those elite guys but I think this is actually pretty solid value where both sides can feel good about how they made out.
Really fair deal.

Think I'd take the three, but I have high expectations for seastrunk, maybe the #1 rookie pick in many leagues.

Just took over a team which needs a rebuild. Gave Eli manning and Jon Bostic for Mike Glennon, Dwayne Allen, and Clay Matthews.

Allen was a target and will be in all my leagues if cheap enough.

Really fair deal.
Think I'd take the three, but I have high expectations for seastrunk, maybe the #1 rookie pick in many leagues.
For some reason I just can't see this at all. He does look good though.

Last edited by a moderator:
MattFancy said:

Seastrunk might be a really good player and we know Marshall is but you are giving up 2 young players with potential and an aging player for a younger elite WR. Those extra couple of years don't generally come cheaply so I think you both did OK from what I can assume on the intentSome leagues you really have to overpay to get those elite guys but I think this is actually pretty solid value where both sides can feel good about how they made out.
Really fair deal.

I think it's about as fair as you'll see.

I'm not sure Seastrunk will be the #1 rookie pick, but he would easily be top 5 IMO. So basically I traded Thomas for Marshall, 1.05 and Allen. Seems like a pretty good haul.

Not involved with this one

12 team dynasty PPR TE yardage bonus

Team A gets

Flacco, Malcolm Floyd, Megatron, Tyler Eifert, picks 1.8 and 2.5

Team B gets

Aaron Rodgers, Reggie Wayne, and Dennis Pitta

Team A gets

Team B gets

Team A for me. Gettting Calvin and picks seems pretty good. Only player of real value he gave up his Rodgers.

Team A gets

Team B gets

Wow. Eifert > Pitta

2.5 > Wayne

Calvin >> Rodgers

1.8 + Flacco >> 0

Is this a superflex?

I don't like this part of the deal. The early 2nd is going to have very solid value this season. Perhaps close to that of the 1.09.

Ellington is a potential stud; Ballard is a handcuff to a handcuff.

Team A gets

Team B gets

Unless qbs score 10x all other positions, this is ridiculous and should be reversed.

Team A gets

Team B gets

Wow.Eifert > Pitta

2.5 > Wayne

Calvin >> Rodgers

1.8 + Flacco >> 0

Is this a superflex?
Even in a 2QB league I think the Calvin side is clearly a win

I just traded the 2nd to last pick in our rookie draft for Ballard. You basically moved up 5 spots and traded away a potential top 15 RB for a handcuff. I don't like it.

You think the Colts are bringing Brown back?
I don't know. But I don't think they're giving the keys to Trent. He'll have to fight and claw for his touches.
So then Ballard has a shot at being the starter in Indy? Doesn't sound like a handcuff of a handcuff then.
I don't know that I'd say it's either Richardson or Ballard as the starting back in Indy next season. Isn't there the possibiliy of re-signing Brown or Bradshaw, signing another veteran back or drafting a back?

I just traded the 2nd to last pick in our rookie draft for Ballard. You basically moved up 5 spots and traded away a potential top 15 RB for a handcuff. I don't like it.
Do you prefer Ellington over the RBS that might be there with the 1.09 - Carey, Sankey, Thomas, or Sims? What about the other players who might be there - Bridgewater (maybe), Evans, Coleman, or Moncrief?

I guess I'm just not sold on Ellington being the guy in AZ. I've got the 1.02, 1.08, and 1.09 picks and the Colts backfield locked up now (they might bring Brown back, but I doubt they want to pay him).

Do you prefer Ellington over the RBS that might be there with the 1.09 - Carey, Sankey, Thomas, or Sims? What about the other players who might be there - Bridgewater (maybe), Evans, Coleman, or Moncrief?

I guess I'm just not sold on Ellington being the guy in AZ. I've got the 1.02, 1.08, and 1.09 picks and the Colts backfield locked up now (they might bring Brown back, but I doubt they want to pay him).
I think I'd prefer Ellington over those guys. We've already seen what he can do and is still young.

Sure the peace of mind of locking up the Colts backfield is nice, but it's not like their RBs are going to be amazing. I think Richardson will improve, but we don't know what to expect from Ballard. And there is nothing saying the Colts don't take a RB later in the draft to push Richardson or Ballard. Or they could even bring back Brown and have a bigger mess.

I don't know. But I don't think they're giving the keys to Trent. He'll have to fight and claw for his touches.
So then Ballard has a shot at being the starter in Indy? Doesn't sound like a handcuff of a handcuff then.
I don't know that I'd say it's either Richardson or Ballard as the starting back in Indy next season. Isn't there the possibiliy of re-signing Brown, signing another veteran back or drafting a back?
Bringing Brown back - maybe, but I don't think they will.

Veteran back? Maybe. As the starter? Meh.

Drafting a back? God I hope not. They traded away their 1st to get TRich, and that line is horrible. I can't imagine that they'd take a RB early, but you never know.

12 team ppr, 2RB + Flex

Team A gives Russell Wilson

Team B gives Vereen and Ridley

12 team ppr, 2RB + Flex

I know 1QB leagues value takes a hit but I have a hard time liking dealing Wilson for the Pats backfield.

PPR Vereen has value and Ridley will likely retain some but Wilson is locked in as a starter and seems to be a good one. I guess I will side with the RB on value but I think I like Wilson to be a far safer and longer term option than either of the RB's

12 team ppr, 2RB + Flex

I know 1QB leagues value takes a hit but I have a hard time liking dealing Wilson for the Pats backfield.

PPR Vereen has value and Ridley will likely retain some but Wilson is locked in as a starter and seems to be a good one. I guess I will side with the RB on value but I think I like Wilson to be a far safer and longer term option than either of the RB's
Trading with QBs in a 1xQB league is tricky. I would never draft Wilson before Vereen in a start-up; there are other options to be had later. But if Wilson is my guy in an established league, I would need a lot more than Vereen. Unless he's my QB2; then Vereen is fair.

In other words: :shrug:

Four recent ones (all PPR leagues)...

Gave - Forte, Terrance Williams

Received - 1.01, 2.01

Gave - Cecil Shorts

Received - Denarius Moore, 3.04, 3.06

Gave - Greg Olsen

Receied - Denarius Moore, Toilolo

Gave - Joique Bell, 4.12

Received - Emmanuel Sanders, 2.07

solorca said:

Received - 1.01, 2.01

Gave - Cecil Shorts

Gave - Greg Olsen

Gave - Joique Bell, 4.12

The Forte/Williams deal I think is a steal for the guy giving up the picks.

solorca said:

Received - 1.01, 2.01

Gave - Cecil Shorts

Gave - Greg Olsen

Gave - Joique Bell, 4.12

I'd rather have what you gave that what you received in all four deals (although the last one I could go back and forth on).

All of them are close enough in value that it's just personal preference - and all of them could definitely end up being in your favor when all is said and done.

12 team, ppr, best ball, start qb, x2 rb, x3 wr, te, r/w/t flex, k def

Three team trade.

A Gives: Doug Martin, DeAndre Hopkins, 2.03

A Gets: Michael Floyd, Martellus Bennett, Arian Foster, 2.08

B Gives: Arian Foster, Martellus Bennett, 2.12

B Gets: DeAndre Hopkins, Marques Colston, 2.05

C Gives: Michael Floyd, Marques Colston, 2.05, 2.08

C Gets: Doug Martin, 2.03, 2.12

12 team, ppr, best ball, start qb, x2 rb, x3 wr, te, r/w/t flex, k def

Three team trade.

A Gives: Doug Martin, DeAndre Hopkins, 2.03

A Gets: Michael Floyd, Martellus Bennett, Arian Foster, 2.08

B Gives: Arian Foster, Martellus Bennett, 2.12

B Gets: DeAndre Hopkins, Marques Colston, 2.05

C Gives: Michael Floyd, Marques Colston, 2.05, 2.08

C Gets: Doug Martin, 2.03, 2.12
A gave up 2 of the best pieces and the top draft pick. Don't like it for A at all but C makes out like a bandit

Team A gets

Team B gets

Wow.Eifert > Pitta

2.5 > Wayne

Calvin >> Rodgers

1.8 + Flacco >> 0

Is this a superflex?
Nope not super flex......Calvin owner got jobbed IMO..

I don't know that I'd say it's either Richardson or Ballard as the starting back in Indy next season. Isn't there the possibiliy of re-signing Brown, signing another veteran back or drafting a back?

Drafting a back? God I hope not. They traded away their 1st to get TRich, and that line is horrible. I can't imagine that they'd take a RB early, but you never know.
They dont need to even draft a RB in the first 3 rounds to land a starter. That backfield is kind of a mess.

"Colts backfield locked up".............not exactly a good thing. Kinda sounds like wasted roster spots.

Team A gets

Team B gets

Wow.Eifert > Pitta

2.5 > Wayne

Calvin >> Rodgers

1.8 + Flacco >> 0

Is this a superflex?
Nope not super flex......Calvin owner got jobbed IMO..
Almost a trade that I could see destroying a league...really bad

Really fair deal.

I think it's about as fair as you'll see.

I'm not sure Seastrunk will be the #1 rookie pick, but he would easily be top 5 IMO. So basically I traded Thomas for Marshall, 1.05 and Allen. Seems like a pretty good haul.
I agree that the value was very fair and it could go either way depending almost entirely on how Seastrunk turns out and how Marshall ages.

I also, honestly, made this semi-luxury trade because I just couldn't resist having a WR corps of Calvin-Dez-Julio-DT.

Traded AP for Dez and Antonio Brown/Ryan Mathews for AMorris. 5 keeper, Non PPR start 2WR. No picks exchanged.

(not dynasty, but we don't have a keeper thread :scared: )

Before:

AP

Gio

ABrown

KAllen

Gronk

After:

Morris

Gio

Dez

KAllen

Gronk

Traded AP for Dez and Antonio Brown/Ryan Mathews for AMorris. 5 keeper, Non PPR start 2WR. No picks exchanged.

Before:

AP

Gio

ABrown

KAllen

Gronk

After:

Morris

Gio

Dez

KAllen

Gronk
I like the end result, although I think the Morris trade individually could go either way. Actually, it's non-PPR so that's a good trade too.

Before:

AP

Gio

ABrown

KAllen

Gronk

After:

Morris

Gio

Dez

KAllen

Gronk
Antonio Brown and Mathews for Alfred Morris???????

Yeah I gave 2 for 1 to get a better RB. I didnt like the idea of Mathews and Gio as my two Rbs. The guy didnt have extra picks and could take 2 keepers. The fun of the 5 keeper is the 1st round (6th) is the guys that should have been kept and the good rooks. Most teams have their 5 players so selling Mathews alone would not have yielded much at all.

They dont need to even draft a RB in the first 3 rounds to land a starter. That backfield is kind of a mess.

"Colts backfield locked up".............not exactly a good thing. Kinda sounds like wasted roster spots.
You're right. TRich and Ballard are complete waiver wire fodder. Silly me.

Yeah I gave 2 for 1 to get a better RB. I didnt like the idea of Mathews and Gio as my two Rbs. The guy didnt have extra picks and could take 2 keepers. The fun of the 5 keeper is the 1st round (6th) is the guys that should have been kept and the good rooks. Most teams have their 5 players so selling Mathews alone would not have yielded much at all.
I guess I am just not up to speed with keeper trades, cause that value is atrocious in a dynasty.

12 team, PPR. Start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 flex, k, def. Trim rosters to 15 before 8 round rookie/FA draft.

Give: 2.09, 4.01

Get: Russel Wilson, Rudolph

I guess I am just not up to speed with keeper trades, cause that value is atrocious in a dynasty.
I totally understand. In this league there are only 50 players kept.

I totally understand. In this league there are only 50 players kept.
That is fine, but I would think Brown and mathews, or just Brown alone, could get you someone better than Morris. I'd rather just have brown even in Non PPR than Morris

Users who are viewing this thread