What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 / 2016 Devy Prospects (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
Just to name a few to discuss for any upcoming devy drafts. I know there will be some expected in the 2014 draft opt out for the 2015 draft and would be included in this list. Those I listed aren't listed in order of preference. I did a search on devy and 2015 in the title and didn't find a current thread.

QB

-----

Jamesis Winston FLA ST.

Christian Hackenberg, PENN ST.

Brett Hundley UCLA

RB

------

Todd Gurley GA

T J Yeldon ALA

Jonathan Gray TEX

Duke Johnson MIA

Melvin Gordon RB WIS

Mike Davis South Carolina

Tre Mason Auburn

Alex Collins Ark

Kenyon Drake ALA

Byron Marshall ORE

Corey Clement WIS

Shock Linwood BAY

Keith Marshall GA

Thomas Tyner ORE

Barry Sanders Jr, STAN

Matt Jones FLA

Dontre Wilson OSU

WR

------

Amari Cooper ALA

Dorial Green-Beckham MO

Kelvin Benjamin FLA ST - Has he declared for 2014 draft yet?

Donte Moncrief OLE MISS

Stefon Diggs MD

Nelson Agholor USC

Laquon Treadwell OLE MISS'

Marquez North TENN

Corey Robinson ND

Deontay Greenberry HOU

Sammie Coates AUB

Stacey Coley MIA

Leonte Carroo RUT

Ricky Seals-Jones TEX AM

Tyler Boyd PITT

Devante Parker - LOU - added because he is bypassing 2014 draft

TE

------

Xavier Grimble USC

Delvin Funchess MICH

OJ Howard ALA

Last edited by a moderator:
Kelvin Benjamin is one of the guys expected to come out this season, and he is a beast. Hands are suspect sometimes, but he makes up for it with some of the grabs he makes. He has the size to go up for any ball, and the speed to stretch the field. He should be a mid to late 1st.

Jameis is incredible. He would be the #1 pick this season if he could come out. He wants to play baseball as well, so that could put a wrinkle in things. We could see some crazy Elway / Bo Jackson draft drama.

You listed Colt Lyerla. He's eligible for 2014 and probably entering since he left Oregon.

ETA: A WR missing is Deontay Greenberry from Houston.

Good list Johnny. A couple of other guys I like...

Christian Hackenberg, QB PSU

Leonte Carroo, WR RUT

Barry Sanders Jr, RB STAN

OJ Howard, TE ALA

Matt Jones, RB FLA

Ricky Seals-Jones, WR A&M

Tyler Boyd, WR PIT

Dontre Wilson, RB OSU

And then there are the incoming freshman, namely-

Leonard Fournette

Joe Mixon

Great list. I've been compiling rankings for a bit, but this summarizes it all well.

How do you see the top 10 - 15 breaking down as a group?

Most of the top guys are taken in most leagues, but I'm wondering where Winston fits in. In a 2 QB leagues, I'm sure he's be near the top, especially when you remove Gurley, Yeldon and Cooper.

Great list. I've been compiling rankings for a bit, but this summarizes it all well.

Most of the top guys are taken in most leagues, but I'm wondering where Winston fits in. In a 2 QB leagues, I'm sure he's be near the top, especially when you remove Gurley, Yeldon and Cooper.
For now I will refrain from listing a top 10 because I'm in several devy leagues and our drafts are this spring, but I will say that Winston fits in nicely in 2QB leagues. Probably top 5 for sure if guys like Gurley, Yeldon, and Cooper are already rostered. For the most part I tend to wait on QB prospects, or trade for them when owners get inpatient, rather than draft them high.

For now I will retrain from listing a top 10 because I'm in several devy leagues and our drafts are this spring, but I will say that Winston fits in nicely in 2QB leagues. Probably top 5 for sure if guys like Gurley, Yeldon, and Cooper are already rostered. For the most part I tend to wait on QB prospects, or trade for them when owners get inpatient, rather than draft them high.
Perfect, I understand. Thanks

I'm doing 2 devy auctions later this off-season in a super flex league. I expect Jameis to be the most expensive player in both. One is a new league, so everyone will be available. The other is a year old and Cooper, Gurley, Yeldon and others are gone.

I'm doing 2 devy auctions later this off-season in a super flex league. I expect Jameis to be the most expensive player in both. One is a new league, so everyone will be available. The other is a year old and Cooper, Gurley, Yeldon and others are gone.
What about Mike Evans, is he gone? I just don't see Winston going early in start 1 QB leagues. He's not an Andrew Luck prospect, and possibly not even a Cam Newton prospect.

What about Mike Evans, is he gone? I just don't see Winston going early in start 1 QB leagues. He's not an Andrew Luck prospect, and possibly not even a Cam Newton prospect.
In the league that is a year old, all college players are eligible to be rostered and there are well over 30 devy players are on a roster already, but Evans is still available, as are many other players considered 1st round draft picks this year.

Barry Sanders Jr, STAN
Do not draft this guy. He is very overrated outside the program. He's like 4th-5th string right now despite being a second year player. Hasn't been able to separate from modest talents like Anthony Wilkerson, Kelcy Young, and Remound Wright. Only gets hype because of his name. He did not get an offensive touch in Stanford's 63-13 drubbing of Cal. And while I guess anything can happen in the future, based on his first two seasons at Stanford he does not warrant a top 50 dev pick.

In contrast, Khalfani Muhammad from Cal is a player who could be somewhat overlooked nationally, as Cal players typically are (there wasn't much hype for Allen, Lynch, or Best early in their careers). Small guy and that's an issue, but he has an efficient running style and serious speed. Career bests of 10.22 in the 100m and 20.73 in the 200m. World class speed for his age group. Had over 600 total yards rushing + receiving this season. 6.0 YPC. Wouldn't say he should be a top 10 pick, but if you're going to hype up an underclassman from the Pac-12, he's a decent choice. Certainly moreso than Sanders.

Kelvin Benjamin FLA ST

Donte Moncrief OLE MISS
These guys are both eligible for the 2014 draft and I would lean towards both of them declaring.

Also, Isaiah Crowell has already entered the draft.

Everytime I see the fictitious word "devy" I say "dude" as Michael Jordan said it in the Hanes kittens shirt commercial.

Everytime I see the fictitious word "devy" I say "dude" as Michael Jordan said it in the Hanes kittens shirt commercial.
Really? So, what are your thoughts on some of these players? Or do you have some thoughts a player not listed?

Can you draft HS players about to enter college?

Late, do you take whomever is the top rated HS RB or QB and hope for the best?

How long/deep is this draft?

Can you take Barry Sanders Jr with a super late pick-who has basically sat on the sideline thus far?

Can you take Barry Sanders Jr with a super late pick-who has basically sat on the sideline thus far?
While there may be a few leagues with some very complex eligibility rules, there are really two main options...

1. All college players are available- this would include incoming freshman.

2. NFL Draft eligible only- a player must be eligible for the next NFL draft, so if drafting in August, the player must be a RS soph, a junior or a senior.

Most devy leagues just have 1 devy player per team, but I play in a couple that allow for many more to be rostered. For example, I'm in one league where I currently have 14 college players rostered on my "farm team." Most others have about that same number.

I have some names not listed yet that I will post after all my Devy drafts are done.

Xavier Grimble doesn't look a special talent to bother mentioning as a Devy pick.

While there may be a few leagues with some very complex eligibility rules, there are really two main options...

1. All college players are available- this would include incoming freshman.

2. NFL Draft eligible only- a player must be eligible for the next NFL draft, so if drafting in August, the player must be a RS soph, a junior or a senior.

Most devy leagues just have 1 devy player per team, but I play in a couple that allow for many more to be rostered. For example, I'm in one league where I currently have 14 college players rostered on my "farm team." Most others have about that same number.
Interesting.

Do you not draft certain positions from certain colleges because they never pan out? Like an OU WR for example?

updated

Let me know if I have any players listed here who have already declared for the 2014 draft, thus not belonging in this thread.

I can't find anything on Google about Davante Adams returning to school. Maybe you're confusing him with Devante Parker.

Will probably be making the choice between Diggs and Gordon at 1.01 in my devy draft this spring, unless something changes or comes to my attention. But some of these younger guys like Treadwell are enticing.

Will probably be making the choice between Diggs and Gordon at 1.01 in my devy draft this spring, unless something changes or comes to my attention. But some of these younger guys like Treadwell are enticing.
DGB available?
He is. Unsure about him, though. Are you high on him compared to these guys?
I like him more than Diggs for sure. Probably more than Treadwell too just for the extra year you get him. Gordon would be a tough call.

Earlier this week, I asked on Twitter "if you could have any 1 college player on your dynasty team, who would it be?" Lots of Watkins and Gordon answers, but DGB was probably the 3rd choice.

Mike Evans to OP

He's got great size and uses it well, might be slow in the NFL world of lightning fast WRs. I'm intrigued though so I didn't see him on your list

DGB available?
I like him more than Diggs for sure. Probably more than Treadwell too just for the extra year you get him. Gordon would be a tough call. Earlier this week, I asked on Twitter "if you could have any 1 college player on your dynasty team, who would it be?" Lots of Watkins and Gordon answers, but DGB was probably the 3rd choice.
Interesting, DGB seemed kind of overhyped due to his recruitment, until he started producing recently. His measurables are enticing, maybe I'll have to look into his cut-ups more.

jeter23 said:
ConnSKINS26 said:
jeter23 said:
ConnSKINS26 said:
DGB available?
I like him more than Diggs for sure. Probably more than Treadwell too just for the extra year you get him. Gordon would be a tough call.

Earlier this week, I asked on Twitter "if you could have any 1 college player on your dynasty team, who would it be?" Lots of Watkins and Gordon answers, but DGB was probably the 3rd choice.
Popular choice doesn't necessarily = good choice.

DGB is still being pumped up in part based on who he was supposed to be out of high school. This year he finally put together a decent statistical season, but whether or not he's more than a middle round NFL prospect is still very much in doubt IMO.

jeter23 said:
jurb26 said:
Martavis Bryant should be on the radar. Looks like a future stud to me.
Reports are that he will declare after the game.
Interesting. I figured him to go back as he was overshadowed by Watkins all year. He could be the guy next year. I guess he's a Jr so leaving makes sense. Look for him to blow up the combine. Rumor at Clemson is he runs a sub 4.3 forty. He's 6,5" and can jump as well.

Can multiple QBs start in your Super Flex leagues? If not, I just don't see a QB being the most expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread