What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Miami Dolphins 2014 Off/In Season (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
A look back at 2013, a truly bizarre season for the Phins even by their standards. What worked and what didn't? What are the current contract situations and who is walking? I have a lot of information to put up and also to say as we look back and look forward at the Miami Dolphins.

Now so far it doesn't seem like Miami is going to let anyone go including Jef Ireland, Joe Philbin, and even others like Mike Sherman are not being shoved to the side quickly after the team kind of melted down at different points in the season from starting 3-0 to 3-4, then falling to 5-6 before winning 3 in a row and being in control of their own destiny at 8-6 despite terrible OL play much of the season. Finally they lose horrendous games against subpar teams in Buffalo as they let a 3rd string QB take them down twice in 2013, also losing to Geno Smith in the home finally, just horrific losses and yet their doesn't seem to be any panic or want on ownership in making a quick change.

Let's look back at the 2013 draft class.

1.03 Dion Jordan DE/OLB: Miami apparently doesn't know why they drafted him. I was expecting a Jason Pierre Paul type of impact and unfortunately Jordan does not do things exactly as this regime likes, at least that is how I hear it locally down here. I think it's a shame we didn't get to see more of him, when he is in the game he seems to make plays or cause disturbances for opposing QBs even if he doesn't have a lot of stats or sacks. Jury is out on this one but so far things are not good and we traded up for this guy.

2nd No 54 Jamar Taylor DB: A groin injury hampered him much of the season, I hope we get to see something in 2014 because injuries are what caused him to fall in the draft originally. So far not so much.

3rd No 77 Dallas Thomas OT/OG: Total waste of space. On a team that desperately needed someone, anyone, a breathing human just to stand there on the OL and this dope couldn't even make a snap? Frightening is not the right word but what a catastrophe this guy is and I don't expect him to make the team, if he does we have problems.

3rd No 93 Will Davis DB: Injuries got him started slow but when he was healthy he only saw special teams play and really could not help Miami out when they needed some DB help due to injuries. Some think Miami reached here to begin with and Davis did nothing to make critics feel different.

4th No 104 Jelani Jenkins LB: No real opinion as we didn't see much from him. And that leads to a greater point in all of this, Ireland had 6 of the top 106 picks in the draft or basically 2 every round and he made very little splash with any of these selections. Not sure any of these guys will be here long term.

4th No 106 Dion Sims TE: Perhaps he can develop into a TE2 behind Clay.

5th No 164 Mike Gillislee RB: No contribution during the season.

5th No 166 Caleb Sturgis PK: Dan Carpenter made the best of this situation. Sturgis is good but when the PK is the best guy in the draft class rookie season…not good.

7th No 250 Don Jones SS: Reserve player, not sure if he can develop and take over for Clemons.

Overall this draft stinks at this point and Jeff Ireland should be held accountable for it regardless of this other soap opera that was ongoing for some time this season and which I will not be discussing much. There is an entire thread dedicated to that incident and since neither player is going to be on the Miami Dolphins in 2014, no reason to really discuss them much outside of financial impact.

I am going to go over each position and the current status of the players we have under contract and who might be going bye-bye. Miami has money to spend despite Mike Wallace :)

Offense

QB: Ryan Tannehill-3.45M/4.05M 2015, he is under contract for 2 more full seasons. I imagine Miami will have to start making a decision after 2014 if not sooner. I don't know if you could get him to sign an extension for say $10M a season for 4-5 years, does that even make sense for Miami right now? I think it is best to ride it out 1 more season and then decide what you want to do and if he is agreeable to an extension in 2015. This all assumes that he is our franchise QB and I still don't know if we are all sure if it. We hope but I doubt we are sure right now. Still miami is gonna go with THill for now.

Matt Moore-5.5M for a back up, Miami will try and restructure or let him walk. I wish they wouldn't but you cannot pay Moore $5.5M and watch guys like Grimes and Starks just walk without getting aggressive in resigning them.

Pat Devlin RFA, not sure of the current status here but Miami is high on him. Perhaps they are ready to make him the No 2 on this team for a couple million a season. Save some money on Moore.

RB: Daniel Thomas-1M, you might not like him but he is under contract in 2014 and Miami likes him so I bet he is back in the cuts come June/July. You also have Lamar Miller-691k, and those 2 combine equal cheap way to cover the RB spot although I believe Miami should be looking to jump on a potential free agent like a Chris Johnson. Miami also has to worry about their OL which we will get to but so far they are not pressed to spend if they don't want to.

WR: Mike Wallace-17.25M and that's not a misprint, this contract skyrockets and yet Miami can afford this. Could Wallace redo it and spread some of this out over the next 2-3 seasons? Perhaps if Miami was really in a pinch but I'm not sure they are just yet. Brian Hartline-6.2M is locked up for a few years, he did Ok but he also disappears which could be due to some horrific play calling by Sherman.

Miami is deep at WR with Brandon Gibson-3.75M and Rishard Mathews-583K/673K 2015 so they have the No 3 and No 4 WR slots filled already, they really don't need to grab a guy in the draft or sign anyone unless a steal comes along or a veteran is being overlooked for some reason.

TE: Charles Clay 673K, they have 2014 to decide if they want to lock Clay up long term. I think they probably should, he showed me some nifty moves but beyond that he has a big heart and he made plays that others can't, never gives up on a play and I would like to see him settle into the starting spot here. Dion Sims-600k, Egnew 740k, we have enough here at TE for now. Dustin Keller could be brought back for a reduced rate I'm sure but he also might want to move on, bad memories in Miami and his career may be over anyways, vicious injury in preseason.

Overall at the skill positions Miami does not need to go draft or sign anyone except if the right RB came available and they didn't have to break the piggy bank to get him. The real need on offense unfortunately is going to be the OL. That same one we addressed back in 2008/2009/2010 and spent $150M at the time over all the contracts, that is all gone and now we must rebuild this OL. LT/LG/RG/RT are all going to be open spots with only Center a sure thing at the moment.

LT: Bryant McKinnie is an UFA, he owns a house down in Miami but his exit interview did not sound good and I doubt he returns. This is a position Miami will need to draft and with the No 18 overall pick they should be able to find a starter.

LG: Nate Garner-1.8M/1.8M 2015, is he the answer at LG? I don't think so but Miami has a lot of holes to fill here.

C: Mike Pouncey-2.9M, he is an UFA in 2015, he's been linked to some off field issues, he was finger pointed behind the scenes in the bullying scandal, and he missed a couple games in season, was served a subpoena in NE, this guy is a good player but he has some baggage and I see a lot of immaturity on his part. I think i could live without him when his contract is up, I might even trade him and start all over on the OL if I could find the right trade partner.

RG: John Jerry is an UFA, this will need to be addressed in FA or the draft.

RT: Tyson Clabo is an UFA, this will need to be addressed in FA or the draft.

Defense

We are deep at DE as you will see, we need to make a move at DT, LB was a disappointment all season.

DE: Cameron Wake-7.25M, 9.8M 2015&2016, Vernon-750K, Shelby-575k, Dion Jordan 4.6M…Miami is deep here.

DT: Jared Odrick-2M, Both Starks and Soliai who made around 8M a piece in 2013 are UFA, both are going to be on a short list of guys that teams want. I don't think Miami can keep both, Starks hates management here for not giving him a long term deal and I think Soliai would be more open to coming back but they are going to want some real money and guarantees this time. Either would pair nicely with Odrick. I'm greedy and would love to see both of them back but that is probably not feasible.

OLB: Koa Misi-2.3M/4.4M 2015, Phillip Wheeler-6.4M, Jelani Jenkins 600K, Miami will roll with this again although Wheeler was a disappointment this season. Could Wheeler be cut? Misi is under contract along with Wheeler for the next 3-4 years so this is what Ireland envisioned and if he keeps his job, not sure he will turn this over. Wheeler was deemed sucker money when he signed, he did have 100+ tackles but it seemed like he didn't have a lot of impact plays.

ILB: Danelle Ellerbee-7.4M, much like Wheeler his base jumps from 2.4M to 7.4M, he was OK but IMO a big downgrade from Karlos Dansby. Jason Trusnik-1M is also under contract for 2014.

LCB: Brent Grimes is an UFA and made about 6M last season. He proved he is all the way back from his achilles tear that ended his run in Atlanta previously. Miami needs to make him their #1 guy to keep IMO. I would prefer they not franchise tag him and instead find something he can agree to. Maybe around $8M-$10M a season, however many years. He makes it hard for teams to want to throw his way and despite lacking some serious size which makes it hard for him to bring down big WRs, he makes enough plays to where he never gets picked on. Jamar Taylor is the next option on the list, Miami cannot go into 2014 with Taylor as a realistic starter, not on what we have seen so far.

RCB: Dimitri Patterson-5.4M, his season was cut short. He is a total tease, looks great one week then gets hurt then he is back making big plays then he is hurt again and lands on the IR for the season. He costs a lot of money, Grimes made about the same and look how much better his game is. The other guy is Nolan Carroll-UFA and Will Davis behind that. So if Miami does not bring back Carroll or Grimes they are going to be shopping in the off season. I don't like any of what was drafted last season which puts a lot of stress on the entire DB unit.

FS: Chris Clemons-UFA and I don't know that Miami will try to resign him. Jimmy Wilson-650K is all they have behind him and I'm not sure he is ready to start. Don Jones a rookie in 2013 could also be called on but that would be a project for sure.

SS: Reshad Jones-3.6M/7.75M 2015. And who could forget Michael Thomas-495K who will be signed thru the 2014 season before Miami decides if they want to keep him for the long haul but no one will forget that interception of Brady anytime soon.

So on defense we are loaded at DE, could make life easy if we sign 1 of the 2 UFA Defensive Tackles and also Brent Grimes because Miami has the money to do it. They are in the top 10 for money available against the cap so they are OK plus they can free up money like Matt Moore and apply that on top of what they have to spend. My question is how did this team not do more in 2013? Is it as simple as bringing everyone back for another year? I am not sold on Kevin Coyle yet as the DC, he was a DB coach in Cincinnati for basically 12 years. 2000-2011 and what did Cinci accomplish during that time? I question why this unit underachieved and so I must focus on coaching. Is Philbin the right guy? Should Mike Sherman still have a job?

We have a lot to talk about, I hope you find my OP a good start and we have a lot to discuss in terms of draft and also leadership which we will get to in many of my upcoming posts.

Cheers :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that Wheeler's $6M is fully guaranteed in 2014. Kind of a shame since I believe that he graded out as the worst OLB in the NFL by Pro Football Focus. Wouldn't make sense to cut him, but he may find himself missing tackles on kick returns instead of on 3rd downs next year.

The only reason that I can think of that Grimes would not be in Miami next year is because of how inept our front office is. Any other team would franchise him as a worst case. I want to assume that we would do the same...but its us.

It hurts to see our 21013 draft class broken down like that. Just an abortion at this point. Still time for these guys to ripen, but as of now it looks like a disastrous crop of no-talent clowns that will be selling insurance or stocking shelves in 2 years.

How is Jeff Ireland still employed?

If Mike Sherman saves his job, I have to assume that he has some very incriminating photos of Stephen Ross.

Miami has around $36M to spend minus about $8M for the rookies so that's 28M.

I would say in order of need...

LCB-Brent Grimes

DT-Paul Soliai/Randy Starks

1st and 2nd round will be OL picks, you can almost bet the house right now. Miami has some room under the cap but it could be gone quick.

I believe that Wheeler's $6M is fully guaranteed in 2014. Kind of a shame since I believe that he graded out as the worst OLB in the NFL by Pro Football Focus. Wouldn't make sense to cut him, but he may find himself missing tackles on kick returns instead of on 3rd downs next year.

The only reason that I can think of that Grimes would not be in Miami next year is because of how inept our front office is. Any other team would franchise him as a worst case. I want to assume that we would do the same...but its us.

It hurts to see our 21013 draft class broken down like that. Just an abortion at this point. Still time for these guys to ripen, but as of now it looks like a disastrous crop of no-talent clowns that will be selling insurance or stocking shelves in 2 years.

If Mike Sherman saves his job, I have to assume that he has some very incriminating photos of Stephen Ross.
Do you have all the PFF ratings Chuck? If so, any ratings you can toss up with the players to help better evaluate would be most welcome, thanks.

The contracts for Wallace, Ellerbe, and Wheeler are all guaranteed for the first two years, so they will all be back. The players have no incentive to renegotiate except for more money or longer term security and none have demonstrated nearly enough to keep long term. First round picks get a fifth year option at a larger salary, so the Pouncey can be kept for 2 more years and Tannehill for 3 more years.

Mike Sherman fired

The contracts for Wallace, Ellerbe, and Wheeler are all guaranteed for the first two years, so they will all be back. The players have no incentive to renegotiate except for more money or longer term security and none have demonstrated nearly enough to keep long term. First round picks get a fifth year option at a larger salary, so the Pouncey can be kept for 2 more years and Tannehill for 3 more years.

Mike Sherman fired
Woo-hoo!!!!!! --> Lamar Miller owner.

Do you have all the PFF ratings Chuck? If so, any ratings you can toss up with the players to help better evaluate would be most welcome, thanks.
I don't have them. That was from a Rotoworld blurb a few days ago. I'll see if I can find it.

Here we go http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000309928/article/miami-dolphins-fire-offensive-coordinator-mike-sherman

After a week of silence, the Miami Dolphins have started to make changes to their organization.

Coach Joe Philbin announced Monday that offensive coordinator Mike Sherman has been relieved of his duties after two seasons on the job. Philbin's involvement in the announcement is a strong indication that the head coach isn't going anywhere.

Sherman's firing is not a surprise. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported last week that quarterback Ryan Tannehill had lost confidence in Sherman, who was also his coach in college at Texas A&M. Miami's offense fell apart in the last two weeks of the 2013 season, scoring only seven points in two games.

I find the fact he lost confidence total BS, he was grateful Sherman turned him into a multi-millionaire.

Here is that post about Wheeler...

The Miami Herald hints there's a chance the Dolphins could release WLB Philip Wheeler.
Signed to a five-year, $26 million contract that included $13 million guaranteed last March, Wheeler was horrific in his first season with the Dolphins. Pro Football Focus credited him with a whopping 18 missed tackles and graded Wheeler out as its worst 4-3 outside linebacker. If Miami does release Wheeler, it'd likely do it as a post-June 1 cut. Jelani Jenkins could be asked to fill in at weak-side 'backer in 2014. The signings of Wheeler and MLB Dannell Ellerbe are part of the reason GM Jeff Ireland's job status is in question

YOu seriously can't pass complete judgement on a draft class this quickly.

Dion Jordan - IMO will be wrecking havoc next season on opposing QB's. Just let him loose. He will have his first true NFL off-season and I think will have a huge impact for us. Cameron Wake is not a spring chicken. Have patience.

Jamar Taylor - very talented CB. He can still develop into a player.

Dallas Thomas - reserving judgement. OL typically take 2-3 years to develop if they do at all. I am willing to see another year. If does not make the cut next season....obviously a bust.

Will Davis - he was reach. Still CB's also can take a year or two to fully develop.

Jenkins - can be a servicable back up LB you do need backs ups right?

Sims - will be a comptent TE2, is a big boy who can defintely run block and has decent hands, nothing great. Again a competent TE2.

Sturgis - He is a kicker....who cares. And we shoudl have kept Carpenter. This was purely a money move. And Sturgis did not make anyone forget about all the great years Carpenter had for us.

Gillisee - bust, nothing to see here.

Jones - again depth, a back up player. Jones is our stud.

I am not gung ho about anything this team does. I think the entire staff and GM at this point have shown us they are nothing more than average. If Steven Ross finds that acceptable......then he will get average attendance, and average revenue and I am sure the fan base will decrease this upcoming season if all remains status quo.

With great coaching......and some obvious upgrades to the OL this team has more than enough talent right now to win 10-11 games. I think they do need to add another back to compliment Lamar Miller who was misused badly this season. Daniel Thomas is a turd...still is and if we can grab a Chris Johnson.....please do. Between he and Miller you will have two backs who can make huge plays and Johnson has proven he can move the chains as well if the passing game is threat. And speaking of passing game....for the love of god, Tannehill must show further development with his pocket footwork and awareness and must....must hit the deep ball at least 50% of the time. He missed 98% of his deep passes this year. Unacceptable in todays NFL that demands a passer who can make throws downfield. Mike Wallace was running free a lot this season.....that is what he does. That is what he is being paid to do....score long TD's. If we don't have a passer who can get him the ball.....wasted money.

Brian Hartline.....meh. I would love to see us draft a big physical WR to go opposite Wallace and slide Hartline into the slot where he really belongs. I like Hartlines work ethic, and drive but he is not the answer opposite Wallace. he also dropped some critical balls this season. And tends to dissappear for stretches. Gibson had a bad knee injury and I am unsure if we get the same player back. Matthews is a good slot WR with soft hands and he is a great route runner.

Clay - love this kid, still we need to draft a big vertical threat at TE as the league has gone in that direction ever since Gates emerged years ago. Finding one is not so easy......even though we had one in our backyard in Graham. Oh and did I mention TY Hilton came from our backyard too? Great front office we have huh? In the meantime...continue to feature Clay who proved he can ball.

Anyway I expected 9-10 wins this season......and if we had better coaching....I truly believe they would have hit 10 wins. How inept did this team look the last two weeks? How listless did they look? Well they took on the personality of their head coach. Joe Philben while supposedly is a great guy, great work ehtic and good strong values is not HC material. His team quit on him. No question in my mind. The last two weeks was probably some of the very worst football I have ever seen for a team with so much on the line play for.

It was an abortion.

So.....we sit and wait......for absolutely nothing in all estimation. But I could be wrong (hope I am wrong) and Ross does decide to clean house.

Here we go http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000309928/article/miami-dolphins-fire-offensive-coordinator-mike-sherman

After a week of silence, the Miami Dolphins have started to make changes to their organization.

Coach Joe Philbin announced Monday that offensive coordinator Mike Sherman has been relieved of his duties after two seasons on the job. Philbin's involvement in the announcement is a strong indication that the head coach isn't going anywhere.

Sherman's firing is not a surprise. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported last week that quarterback Ryan Tannehill had lost confidence in Sherman, who was also his coach in college at Texas A&M. Miami's offense fell apart in the last two weeks of the 2013 season, scoring only seven points in two games.

I find the fact he lost confidence total BS, he was grateful Sherman turned him into a multi-millionaire.
This is wonderful news.

Philbin is next if this team is not in the post season again in 2014.

We need a pro set offense. Not this west coast/spread hybrid garbage that did not play to strengths of the personel. First and foremost....OL. If we can fix this Miller should be let loose along with a new RB....not Daniel Thomas. It will be interesting to see who they bring in.

Chud?

Miami has around $36M to spend minus about $8M for the rookies so that's 28M.

I would say in order of need...

LCB-Brent Grimes

DT-Paul Soliai/Randy Starks

1st and 2nd round will be OL picks, you can almost bet the house right now. Miami has some room under the cap but it could be gone quick.
All they can really do is resign those guys, pick OL the first several times, and hope to have a better coaching staff. Maybe bring in a RB.

So Sherman is really out....that's great. Sounds like we're stuck with Philbin and probably Ireland though....

1.03 Dion Jordan DE/OLB: Miami apparently doesn't know why they drafted him. I was expecting a Jason Pierre Paul type of impact and unfortunately Jordan does not do things exactly as this regime likes, at least that is how I hear it locally down here. I think it's a shame we didn't get to see more of him, when he is in the game he seems to make plays or cause disturbances for opposing QBs even if he doesn't have a lot of stats or sacks. Jury is out on this one but so far things are not good and we traded up for this guy.

Not sure why Miami traded up to pick Jordan when they already have Wake and Vernon. He doesn't fit the 4-3 and will be little more than a passing down rusher in this system. Sure "all of the coaches wanted him" but Ross shouldn't have let a team with this many holes make a luxury pick.

2nd No 54 Jamar Taylor DB: A groin injury hampered him much of the season, I hope we get to see something in 2014 because injuries are what caused him to fall in the draft originally. So far not so much.

Not holding out much hope here.

3rd No 77 Dallas Thomas OT/OG: Total waste of space. On a team that desperately needed someone, anyone, a breathing human just to stand there on the OL and this dope couldn't even make a snap? Frightening is not the right word but what a catastrophe this guy is and I don't expect him to make the team, if he does we have problems.

Awful, terrible, no good player. Miserable pick.

3rd No 93 Will Davis DB: Injuries got him started slow but when he was healthy he only saw special teams play and really could not help Miami out when they needed some DB help due to injuries. Some think Miami reached here to begin with and Davis did nothing to make critics feel different.

Same as Taylor. Maybe a little more hope since he had a great camp.

4th No 104 Jelani Jenkins LB: No real opinion as we didn't see much from him. And that leads to a greater point in all of this, Ireland had 6 of the top 106 picks in the draft or basically 2 every round and he made very little splash with any of these selections. Not sure any of these guys will be here long term.

If he couldn't get on the filed over Misi/Wheeler, can there really be much here?

4th No 106 Dion Sims TE: Perhaps he can develop into a TE2 behind Clay.

Actually liked what I saw here.

5th No 164 Mike Gillislee RB: No contribution during the season.

Only 6 carries? Another fail of Sherman and Philbin. Need to see what this kid has.

5th No 166 Caleb Sturgis PK: Dan Carpenter made the best of this situation. Sturgis is good but when the PK is the best guy in the draft class rookie season…not good.

Did worse than Carpenter, terrible move.

7th No 250 Don Jones SS: Reserve player, not sure if he can develop and take over for Clemons.

Backup at best.
Pretty awful draft class here. I think a lot of it has to do with the coaches evaluating and coaching up talent. Ireland did a great job of moving up to get Jordan, but we didn't need Jordan.

The coaching staff just has no clue what kind of players fit their system because they are totally inept.

Really evaluate Ireland too heavily here. Despite all of these apparent busts, Miami seems to have a talented roster. Even its weak points suffer from awful coaching. I'm sure next year will have a complete house cleaning.

Dion Jordan - IMO will be wrecking havoc next season on opposing QB's. Just let him loose. He will have his first true NFL off-season and I think will have a huge impact for us. Cameron Wake is not a spring chicken. Have patience.

Jamar Taylor - very talented CB. He can still develop into a player.

Dallas Thomas - reserving judgement. OL typically take 2-3 years to develop if they do at all. I am willing to see another year. If does not make the cut next season....obviously a bust.

Will Davis - he was reach. Still CB's also can take a year or two to fully develop.

Jenkins - can be a servicable back up LB you do need backs ups right?

Sims - will be a comptent TE2, is a big boy who can defintely run block and has decent hands, nothing great. Again a competent TE2.

Sturgis - He is a kicker....who cares. And we shoudl have kept Carpenter. This was purely a money move. And Sturgis did not make anyone forget about all the great years Carpenter had for us.

Gillisee - bust, nothing to see here.

Jones - again depth, a back up player. Jones is our stud.

I am not gung ho about anything this team does. I think the entire staff and GM at this point have shown us they are nothing more than average. If Steven Ross finds that acceptable......then he will get average attendance, and average revenue and I am sure the fan base will decrease this upcoming season if all remains status quo.

With great coaching......and some obvious upgrades to the OL this team has more than enough talent right now to win 10-11 games. I think they do need to add another back to compliment Lamar Miller who was misused badly this season. Daniel Thomas is a turd...still is and if we can grab a Chris Johnson.....please do. Between he and Miller you will have two backs who can make huge plays and Johnson has proven he can move the chains as well if the passing game is threat. And speaking of passing game....for the love of god, Tannehill must show further development with his pocket footwork and awareness and must....must hit the deep ball at least 50% of the time. He missed 98% of his deep passes this year. Unacceptable in todays NFL that demands a passer who can make throws downfield. Mike Wallace was running free a lot this season.....that is what he does. That is what he is being paid to do....score long TD's. If we don't have a passer who can get him the ball.....wasted money.

Brian Hartline.....meh. I would love to see us draft a big physical WR to go opposite Wallace and slide Hartline into the slot where he really belongs. I like Hartlines work ethic, and drive but he is not the answer opposite Wallace. he also dropped some critical balls this season. And tends to dissappear for stretches. Gibson had a bad knee injury and I am unsure if we get the same player back. Matthews is a good slot WR with soft hands and he is a great route runner.

Clay - love this kid, still we need to draft a big vertical threat at TE as the league has gone in that direction ever since Gates emerged years ago. Finding one is not so easy......even though we had one in our backyard in Graham. Oh and did I mention TY Hilton came from our backyard too? Great front office we have huh? In the meantime...continue to feature Clay who proved he can ball.

Anyway I expected 9-10 wins this season......and if we had better coaching....I truly believe they would have hit 10 wins. How inept did this team look the last two weeks? How listless did they look? Well they took on the personality of their head coach. Joe Philben while supposedly is a great guy, great work ehtic and good strong values is not HC material. His team quit on him. No question in my mind. The last two weeks was probably some of the very worst football I have ever seen for a team with so much on the line play for.

It was an abortion.

So.....we sit and wait......for absolutely nothing in all estimation. But I could be wrong (hope I am wrong) and Ross does decide to clean house.
You are right about it being too early to definitely pass judgment on the rookie class. However, it would have been nice to see something...really, anything out of any of them. Jordan showed flashes, but if you are the 3rd player picked in the draft, more than flashes are expected of you. Guy could barely get on the field. Maybe that was due to the coaches not using him properly, or maybe they did not see enough from him to justify giving him PT, but the bottom line is that he didn't contribute much, and we used the 3rd overall pick on him. That kind of burns a bit.

And some undrafted guy named Sam Brenner somehow found a way to log snaps (and starts, albeit bad ones) for us on the OL, but Dallas Thomas, a 2nd day pick was not able to get on the field? Even with us having the worst OL in the league? That means he was not good enough to get a snap on the worst OL in the league despite his draft pedigree and the fact that he can play basically any position on the OL. That doesn't bode well. Reeks of another wasted early pick.

Drafted 2 CBs that could not stay healthy even though they didn't play. What the heck?

Its definitely too early to pass final judgment, but it really does not look good after year 1.

There is no reason to not start assessing it. The fact we saw very little of it is telling on a team that was thirsty for some of these guys to step in or step up as rookies.

Here we are again with a terrible OL, this line has stunk since Richmond Webb and Keith Sims left. Jake Long looked like he was going to end that problem then he had to go. I hate this, basics in football revolve around pass protection and run blocking.

Agreed. But I am very giddy about Dion Jordan's prospects next season. Kid as all world talent, all world speed, a wing span that is ginormous......everything you want from an elite pass rusher. Again Cameron is getting old.

Makes no sense not to clean house completely. Need to have the GM and coach be on the same page....hard to hire one when the other is in place....

Makes no sense not to clean house completely. Need to have the GM and coach be on the same page....hard to hire one when the other is in place....
Exactly, relieved Ireland is gone but now are we starting all over? How can you hire a GM that is going to accept Philbin? He(Philbin) looks like he could be a brother or son to the owner. The resemblance didn't strike me at first until they stand side by side.

Exactly, relieved Ireland is gone but now are we starting all over? How can you hire a GM that is going to accept Philbin? He(Philbin) looks like he could be a brother or son to the owner. The resemblance didn't strike me at first until they stand side by side.
WTF? :lmao:

Congrats on Ireland and the franchise euphemistically "mutually parting ways".

He might have been near the bottom of NFL GMs (what took so long)?

I know from experience what it was like when the Rams had heinous GMs like the Thing With Two Heads Zygmunt/Shaw and Billy Devaney, and what a feeling of hope it was, like a ray of sunshine piercing through oppressively lingering black storm clouds, when somebody competent and with vision, guts and energy like Les Snead FINALLY took over the organizational wheel and set the ship right after years of being neglected, cast adrift and smashed against the rocks of NFL misfortunes.

I'm ok with firing Sherman and Ireland and maintaining Philbin for another year. Let the new GM come in a evaluate Philbin for a year and see if with a new OC the offense can start to work. You keep at least the offense familiar for Tannehill so he isn't starting completely over. If you get the right GM he takes Philbin and Tannehill both behind closed doors and tells them this team needs to show improvement next year or I will be shopping for the coach and QB after the season. Find out if Sherman was the cause or just part of it with the offense. The right GM is the key, one of these Jets retread failures is not the answer.

Don't you have a playoff game with Carolina this weekend to focus on?

I'm ok with firing Sherman and Ireland and maintaining Philbin for another year. Let the new GM come in a evaluate Philbin for a year and see if with a new OC the offense can start to work. You keep at least the offense familiar for Tannehill so he isn't starting completely over. If you get the right GM he takes Philbin and Tannehill both behind closed doors and tells them this team needs to show improvement next year or I will be shopping for the coach and QB after the season. Find out if Sherman was the cause or just part of it with the offense. The right GM is the key, one of these Jets retread failures is not the answer.
The problem is this…you have to hire a GM and let him know that you will not hold it against them if they need to part ways with Philbin after 2014. The new GM whoever that might be is going to want to know that they are not truly responsible for Philbin.

I heard they might go with a guy already within the organization for continuity purposes but that doesn't sound like a bold move by any stretch.

I don't think drummer got the memo from Baalke that all fans need to concentrate on nothing but the Panthers game. :confused: He must have moved recently and not updated his address.

The problem is this…you have to hire a GM and let him know that you will not hold it against them if they need to part ways with Philbin after 2014. The new GM whoever that might be is going to want to know that they are not truly responsible for Philbin.

I heard they might go with a guy already within the organization for continuity purposes but that doesn't sound like a bold move by any stretch.
I fear that they are going to end up bringing in a re-tread "football czar" to be over the GM and Philbin. They will promote someone to GM from within. Philbin will hire another GB assistant from his time there to be OC who has never called plays. DC stays.

In the end, what really changes?

Posted on Wed, Jan. 08, 2014

Armando Salguero: In face of Miami Dolphins’ drama, search is on for brightest talent evaluator possible to replace Irelan

Midway through the season, after the Dolphins lost to winless Tampa Bay and blew a 17-3 halftime lead at New England, general manager Jeff Ireland became disenchanted with offensive coordinator Mike Sherman and generally wasn’t too pleased coach Joe Philbin wasn’t doing anything to correct his offensive coordinator and close friend’s play-calling or game planning.

And although the Dolphins recovered from those hideous moments, Ireland became more upset with the coaching staff the final two weeks of the season as what seemed like a certain playoff run collapsed under the weight of losses to Buffalo and the New York Jets.

During those final two games, while the Dolphins underperformed on the field, Ireland watched from the press box or a club suite and complained about the job the coaches were doing. And executive vice president of football administration Dawn Aponte heard Ireland’s complaints.

And Aponte told Philbin of Ireland’s complaints word for word.

That’s how the relationship between the Dolphins coach and general manager broke. That’s why Philbin and Ireland didn’t speak much, if at all, after the season ended with the Dolphins missing the playoffs for the fifth consecutive year.

The disconnect between Ireland, Philbin and Aponte wasn’t known just internally at the team’s Davie practice facility, but actually got around the entire NFL. Multiple sources have told the Herald they were aware of the break.in the relationships.

Even ESPN reported Sunday there were “tensions” between Ireland and Philbin without detailing the degree of the problems.

The problems were significant and deep and could have lasting effects going forward.

The reason all this dirty drama and office politics matters is because the Dolphins now have a reputation around the NFL. Not a good one, by the way.

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross started a search for a new general manager to replace Ireland on Tuesday. And the soap opera is likely to continue.

I’m told that even while Ross has good intentions and is looking for the best and brightest talent evaluator to replace Ireland, more drama almost certainly awaits.

We’re not talking drama as in the playoff-caliber variety we saw in the NFL wild-card games last weekend. We’re talking conniving instead of comebacks. We’re talking scheming for power instead of scheming to find a weakness in the opponent.

Now as Ross is looking for a new talent evaluator to replace Ireland, the people who should be at the top of his list — the stars in waiting — will have to accept a role with the Dolphins that includes not only Philbin as head coach but Aponte as his ally, assuming she doesn’t leverage a possible job with the NFL for more power in Miami.

So the same way star head coach candidates avoided the Dolphins like the plague in 2012 because Ross went looking with a general manager he wanted to force on people, now the Dolphins could lose out on a star talent evaluator because that person must accept getting aboard a ship Philbin and Aponte are already trying to navigate.

If Miami was doing this the right way, candidates such as Philadelphia’s Tom Gamble, Pittsburgh’s Omar Kahn, and Seattle’s Scot McGloughan would be candidates. People such as Green Bay’s Alonzo Highsmith would get an interview.

Gamble, in particular, would be the rising star to chase first if indeed talent evaluation is the priority.

But would these people be interested if the Dolphins continue doing Dolphins things?

If Ross tells his candidates he must work under Philbin and Aponte instead of alongside or even over them, would the best candidates still be interested?

If they’re not, we’re likely to resort to more drama and office politics.

We’re likely headed toward the possibility of Carl Peterson being hired and empowered as some sort of football czar.

Or maybe Eric Mangini could become a candidate. Ross admires Mangini for his football knowledge. Mangini is a fine defensive mind.

But he has never been a talent evaluator.

If the Dolphins are conducting their search with the right priorities, Brian Gaine should be a candidate. Oddly, Gaine is perhaps hurt by the fact he has been on the Dolphins’ payroll for six seasons as Ireland’s right-hand man and therefore is part of what has happened (or didn’t) in that time.

But Gaine is a thorough and thoughtful evaluator and, more importantly, is his own man with his own opinions on what talent is and is not about. That has earned him a good reputation around the NFL. The Dolphins shouldn’t ignore that.

But would Gaine accept the job knowing how dysfunctional the Dolphins are internally? Would he step into the hornet’s nest built by Philbin and Aponte without having power over either or both?

Ross must resist neutering the new guy before he’s even hired.

Ross painted himself into a corner when he didn’t clean house after 2011 when he decided to fire Tony Sparano but kept Ireland. That’s the corner he’s still in now that he’s keeping Philbin but parted ways with Ireland.

Only one thing can save Ross the owner from being in a similar situation next January:

The new general manager must be autonomous. And he must be such a great evaluator that Philbin won’t be able to help but get the Dolphins to the playoffs next season.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/01/08/v-print/3858112/armando-salguero-in-face-of-miami.html#storylink=cpy
This is bad, bad, bad. Ireland was spot on with criticizing the coaching staff. The behavior of Aponte and Philbin here is pretty incredible. Philbin has to go, period. I'm not an Ireland fan, but firing him and leaving Philbin is a big mistake. Out of the two, Ireland has done a much better job.

Ross is a fool if he doesn't see what is happening here. He cannot give Philbin any say in the search for an OC and GM.

Slapdash said:
:goodposting:

Philbin not being gone is really going to hamstring our ability to bring in a high quality candidate. Half measures, yet again. If we're going this far, why not go all the way?

Ministry of Pain said:
drummer said:
Ministry of Pain said:
Slapdash said:
Went to the Jets/Panthers game a few weeks ago. It was pretty surprising how many people had on Dolphins and Panthers gear.

Slapdash said:
Ministry of Pain said:
SwampDawg said:

I fear that they are going to end up bringing in a re-tread "football czar" to be over the GM and Philbin. They will promote someone to GM from within. Philbin will hire another GB assistant from his time there to be OC who has never called plays. DC stays.

Excellent Slap, agree.

This person from within the organization Ross is looking at is Dawn Aponte-WOMAN and she would actually be a person the GM reports to. So they want to make the GM position sort of a no responsibility position where they work and aid Dawn in the moves. She is a money money money type and knows nothing of player evaluation. Forget the fact she is female which Ross wants to do because Miami has been under a microscope with the whole LT/LG mess form last year, I don't even want to say their names, that fiasco now is the LT/LG saga if we need to inject it into this thread.

So the GM reports to Aponte and she would truly head the football operations according to reports. She is interested in Mike Tannenbaum and Scott Piloi who lets face it, neither on any lists for other teams so these are candidates that wouldn't get jobs elsewhere and might be OK to walk around with their balls locked up in mayonnaise jar on Aponte's desk all day.

This sounds worse than Ireland to be frank.

More from Mando:

I already shared what caused the rift between Ireland and Philbin. I blame both parties for that rift. Grown men, professional men, who have the same goal at heart should be able to sit down and have frank discussions about what troubles them about their relationship. Obviously that's in a perfect world.

The Dolphins facility is far from that world.

And part of the problem points directly to executive vice president of football administration Dawn Aponte. It seems that when Bill Parcells hired Aponte to be Miami's capologist in Feb. 2010 he brought in a tough and experienced corporate in-fighter. She is clearly adept at forming alliances. And when she sees a threat, she is well capable of attacking it.

Ireland was a threat to her, according to sources who called me this morning.

Ireland was her boss when she joined the team four years ago. But after Parcells left in October 2010, she lost her chief sponsor. And she wasn't comfortable with Ireland as her supervisor. So soon after Joe Philbin was hired, Aponte decided she and the new coach could bond and that alliance could strengthen each person's position within the organization.

Aponte, club sources say, also found ways to ingratiate herself to owner Stephen Ross. Nothing wrong with that. He's the boss. She would often ask to join Ross on his private jet flights back to New York from home games, often citing a need to handle club business at the league office in New York.

Aponte, a former league and New York Jets employee, apparently used the face time with Ross and the help of Jay Cross, a Related Company president and a former New York Jets president, to convince the owner of her value and how she should not be under Ireland's supervision.

Ireland, seeing this, asked Ross to fire Aponte after the 2011 season. Ross didn't go for it and, indeed, after mulling the matter, actually promoted Aponte from Senior VP of Football Operations to her current Executive VP role. And in so doing, Ross doubled Aponte's salary. And got her out from Ireland's umbrella. And Aponte joined parts of the coach search of 2012 that led to Philbin's hiring after Jeff Fisher turned the Dolphins down cold.

Knowing that Ireland had tried to get her fired, Aponte turned her sights on the GM. The relationship between the two, professional and even cordial in public at league meetings and alike, was a struggle for power behind the scenes.

Aponte, strengthened by her alliance with Philbin, had been winning that struggle for quite some time. She made herself very visible, attending practically every practice. She advised Philbin on how to handle the media before every weekday press conference -- that meeting sometimes taking longer than the actual press conference. She attended the coach's show and made sure the questions were positive and gave Philbin an opportunity to shine. She edited the videos the team posted on its website of the Philbin postgame speech to the players.

(Unfortunately for Philbin, she didn't think to cut out the part where coach needed to read off index cards to deliver his address).

The bottom line is now Philbin and Aponte -- fresh off a victory over the last general manager -- want to make sure the next general manager is not truly empowered. The last thing they want is for Ross to hire a guy who will have the power to hire and fire Philbin and or Aponte.

They want a puppet person that will merely evaluate talent and handle the draft and keep his mouth and business to himself.
Wow

Armando Salguero: In face of Miami Dolphins’ drama, search is on for brightest talent evaluator possible to replace Irelan

Midway through the season, after the Dolphins lost to winless Tampa Bay and blew a 17-3 halftime lead at New England, general manager Jeff Ireland became disenchanted with offensive coordinator Mike Sherman and generally wasn’t too pleased coach Joe Philbin wasn’t doing anything to correct his offensive coordinator and close friend’s play-calling or game planning.

And although the Dolphins recovered from those hideous moments, Ireland became more upset with the coaching staff the final two weeks of the season as what seemed like a certain playoff run collapsed under the weight of losses to Buffalo and the New York Jets.

During those final two games, while the Dolphins underperformed on the field, Ireland watched from the press box or a club suite and complained about the job the coaches were doing. And executive vice president of football administration Dawn Aponte heard Ireland’s complaints.

That’s how the relationship between the Dolphins coach and general manager broke. That’s why Philbin and Ireland didn’t speak much, if at all, after the season ended with the Dolphins missing the playoffs for the fifth consecutive year.

The disconnect between Ireland, Philbin and Aponte wasn’t known just internally at the team’s Davie practice facility, but actually got around the entire NFL. Multiple sources have told the Herald they were aware of the break.in the relationships.

Even ESPN reported Sunday there were “tensions” between Ireland and Philbin without detailing the degree of the problems.

The problems were significant and deep and could have lasting effects going forward.

The reason all this dirty drama and office politics matters is because the Dolphins now have a reputation around the NFL. Not a good one, by the way.

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross started a search for a new general manager to replace Ireland on Tuesday. And the soap opera is likely to continue.

I’m told that even while Ross has good intentions and is looking for the best and brightest talent evaluator to replace Ireland, more drama almost certainly awaits.

We’re not talking drama as in the playoff-caliber variety we saw in the NFL wild-card games last weekend. We’re talking conniving instead of comebacks. We’re talking scheming for power instead of scheming to find a weakness in the opponent.

Now as Ross is looking for a new talent evaluator to replace Ireland, the people who should be at the top of his list — the stars in waiting — will have to accept a role with the Dolphins that includes not only Philbin as head coach but Aponte as his ally, assuming she doesn’t leverage a possible job with the NFL for more power in Miami.

So the same way star head coach candidates avoided the Dolphins like the plague in 2012 because Ross went looking with a general manager he wanted to force on people, now the Dolphins could lose out on a star talent evaluator because that person must accept getting aboard a ship Philbin and Aponte are already trying to navigate.

If Miami was doing this the right way, candidates such as Philadelphia’s Tom Gamble, Pittsburgh’s Omar Kahn, and Seattle’s Scot McGloughan would be candidates. People such as Green Bay’s Alonzo Highsmith would get an interview.

Gamble, in particular, would be the rising star to chase first if indeed talent evaluation is the priority.

But would these people be interested if the Dolphins continue doing Dolphins things?

If Ross tells his candidates he must work under Philbin and Aponte instead of alongside or even over them, would the best candidates still be interested?

If they’re not, we’re likely to resort to more drama and office politics.

We’re likely headed toward the possibility of Carl Peterson being hired and empowered as some sort of football czar.

Or maybe Eric Mangini could become a candidate. Ross admires Mangini for his football knowledge. Mangini is a fine defensive mind.

But he has never been a talent evaluator.

If the Dolphins are conducting their search with the right priorities, Brian Gaine should be a candidate. Oddly, Gaine is perhaps hurt by the fact he has been on the Dolphins’ payroll for six seasons as Ireland’s right-hand man and therefore is part of what has happened (or didn’t) in that time.

But Gaine is a thorough and thoughtful evaluator and, more importantly, is his own man with his own opinions on what talent is and is not about. That has earned him a good reputation around the NFL. The Dolphins shouldn’t ignore that.

But would Gaine accept the job knowing how dysfunctional the Dolphins are internally? Would he step into the hornet’s nest built by Philbin and Aponte without having power over either or both?

Ross must resist neutering the new guy before he’s even hired.

Ross painted himself into a corner when he didn’t clean house after 2011 when he decided to fire Tony Sparano but kept Ireland. That’s the corner he’s still in now that he’s keeping Philbin but parted ways with Ireland.

Only one thing can save Ross the owner from being in a similar situation next January:

The new general manager must be autonomous. And he must be such a great evaluator that Philbin won’t be able to help but get the Dolphins to the playoffs next season.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/01/08/v-print/3858112/armando-salguero-in-face-of-miami.html#storylink=cpy
This is bad, bad, bad. Ireland was spot on with criticizing the coaching staff. The behavior of Aponte and Philbin here is pretty incredible. Philbin has to go, period. I'm not an Ireland fan, but firing him and leaving Philbin is a big mistake. Out of the two, Ireland has done a much better job.

Ross is a fool if he doesn't see what is happening here. He cannot give Philbin any say in the search for an OC and GM.
Very bad news. I have this sinking feeling Dawn Aponte may be the new GM. I know she's supposed to be a cap specialist and I've read she has GM aspirations and that talent evaluation isn't something she's really good at, not impressed with the whole odd power play thing that went on if the article is correct. Also not impressed if she doesn't see that there were some real coaching issues at key points in the season.

Slapdash said:
Ministry of Pain said:
SwampDawg said:

Excellent Slap, agree.

This person from within the organization Ross is looking at is Dawn Aponte-WOMAN and she would actually be a person the GM reports to. So they want to make the GM position sort of a no responsibility position where they work and aid Dawn in the moves. She is a money money money type and knows nothing of player evaluation. Forget the fact she is female which Ross wants to do because Miami has been under a microscope with the whole LT/LG mess form last year, I don't even want to say their names, that fiasco now is the LT/LG saga if we need to inject it into this thread.

So the GM reports to Aponte and she would truly head the football operations according to reports. She is interested in Mike Tannenbaum and Scott Piloi who lets face it, neither on any lists for other teams so these are candidates that wouldn't get jobs elsewhere and might be OK to walk around with their balls locked up in mayonnaise jar on Aponte's desk all day.

This sounds worse than Ireland to be frank.
Hard to see 2014 going well if Aponte gets another promotion and they get to pick a friend of Philbin to be OC.....

The disconnect between Ireland, Philbin and Aponte wasn’t known just internally at the team’s Davie practice facility, but actually got around the entire NFL. Multiple sources have told the Herald they were aware of the break.in the relationships

Not that man are any less capable of being manipulative because I know form personal experience they an be every bit as bad of not worse but the traditional thoughts on woman in this country and then the first thing this dingbat does to show that woman should be in the front offices of a male dominated world, she goes and tattletales on Ireland word for word to Joe Philbin.

Red flags everywhere here.

1. Why did Philbin not man up and say I deserved Ireland getting livid? Please don't tattle to me on the guy who gave me my chance to be a HC in this league, that's what should have come flying out of his mouth.

2. She is front office and should have had Ireland's back but instead she sold him out to his employee. I wouldn't trust this woman with to watch over a dog let alone an NFL franchise. She is gonna wish she was more behind the scenes because she is going to be my number one target for a while on local radio. Easiest way to turn the heat up around here is hit every talk show you can and really bring her name up so hosts have to start discussing her. I never knew who she was until a could weeks ago but now she probably is as much under fire as Ireland. Scary how much Ross trusts her but the results make this new information digestible because it makes sense on why Stephen Ross looks like an idiot every time he makes a move. Now we know who is pulling the strings over there.

Great info Slap and it really frustrates the hell out of me as it should any Phins fans. We were discussing why we should even back this team during the season…enjoy the Carolina Panthers up there, no shame in having an NFC team to root for, I do.

If Dawn Aponte becomes the next Miami GM, I think I have to hang 'em up for a while as a Phinsfan. The reports of how backstabbing she is and ultimately a power hungry #####, I have no use for her and it really seems to add up why Ross is so awful and clueless as an owner.

Phins fans need to start hammering the NFL offices with letters about the league offices needing diversity and to set an example so that they hire Aponte.

Phins fans need to start hammering the NFL offices with letters about the league offices needing diversity and to set an example so that they hire Aponte.
I'm waiting for the punchline here Swamp. Are you serious? Read what Slap posted about her backstabbing in the above posts, the course of action here is a large grass roots movement through radio and also some in person visits to Dolphinsville over in Davie and let them know this is not what we are wanting.

Going form Ireland to Aponte will actually be a step down and I never thought Ross was capable of doing that but he certainly is showing he has some idiot levels we didn't even think possible. Ross makes Huzeinga look like the Rooneys in Pittsburgh.

I'm waiting for the punchline here Swamp. Are you serious? Read what Slap posted about her backstabbing in the above posts, the course of action here is a large grass roots movement through radio and also some in person visits to Dolphinsville over in Davie and let them know this is not what we are wanting.

Going form Ireland to Aponte will actually be a step down and I never thought Ross was capable of doing that but he certainly is showing he has some idiot levels we didn't even think possible. Ross makes Huzeinga look like the Rooneys in Pittsburgh.
Swamp is saying he wants the league office to hire Aponte (where she worked before Miami) taking her away from the Dolphins.

Swamp is saying he wants the league office to hire Aponte (where she worked before Miami) taking her away from the Dolphins.
I think it would be better to let Stephen Ross know she is not welcome and the fact is she is part of this front office debacle going back to 2010, she should be shown the door as well.

Ross must clean the entire house now.

Just get out the pinesol and start disinfecting top to bottom. Bring in a front line GM....let them hire the new staff, shape the team, get a solid draft in here.

Time to clean this entire house again. Philbin is a joke. A complete joke. And while Ireland did a below average job he was spot on about the coaching.

It was an abortion this season. Just dreadful.

Ross must clean the entire house now.

Just get out the pinesol and start disinfecting top to bottom. Bring in a front line GM....let them hire the new staff, shape the team, get a solid draft in here.

Time to clean this entire house again. Philbin is a joke. A complete joke. And while Ireland did a below average job he was spot on about the coaching.

It was an abortion this season. Just dreadful.
This is the only logical way to go now. Ross wanted to bring someone in above Ireland, someone he could trust. Bad move. You don't trust Ireland, get rid of him. Ross, it seems, is being manipulated by so many people with agendas, he seems scared to make the "wrong" decision and choose the wrong side. Get rid of them all, start over with someone you can trust, someone with absolute authority, change the culture. By letting pieces of this live, it just gives it a chance to stay around and infect more people. You may lose some good people, maybe Ireland is a gem (he made some mistakes, but with some of the news coming out, he may be the best of the bunch. He recognized coaching incompetence, tried to fire people who were subverting authority, etc.), maybe Philbin is the next Belichick with a better GM, doesn't matter, nobody should stay. Clean up the place, do it quickly and decisively so the next regime has a hint of respect for their owner and future employees realize that subversion will be in nobody's best long-term interest. Get control of this franchise.

Users who are viewing this thread