What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2015 Draft Prospects (1 Viewer)

Coates is a Round 2 guy at worst. He's Paul Richardson + 30 lbs. At best, he's Torrey Smith.

He accounted for 40%+ of both his team's passing yards and TDs and he did it in the SEC. I can see it dipping a bit down to the mid 30%s, but that's still going to look good on paper.

For people needing wr help remember this name: D'haquille Williams.
Yep, I've got him ranked 19th among WRs and that already feels too low.
He and Coates, one of my favorite guys if you listened to me last year, will both continue to fly under the radar thanks to the Auburn offense.
Coates may be under the radar according to the media, but he doesn't seem to be under the radar for dynasty fantasy leaguers from what I've seen.
I'm not seeing that at all. He's ranked at WR15 at best in devy leagues I'm seeing. That's basically off the radar.
Arguable I suppose. When I think of off/under the radar guys I think of guys who aren't even getting drafted, not guys that are getting drafted in every devy league. Personal semantics being irrelevant and all that.

Two guys who I think are really overrated right now are Amari Cooper and Melvin Gordon.

Cooper's being hyped by the media just because he's at Alabama I guess, but for some reason fantasy people are letting that media hype affect them. He's solid at everything, but he's great at nothing. He's 6'0-6'1 and ~200lbs and hasn't shown much in the way of YAC skills. Very good chance he'll find a role on an NFL team, but I highly doubt that role will be being a WR1 for a team, so for fantasy purposes he's not somebody I'd spend a 1st round devy pick on, yet alone a top 3-5 pick.

Pretty sure I've talked about Gordon already in here, but basically I think he's a nice player but don't think he's a tier above everybody else like he's being treated. He's ~200lbs with mediocre shiftiness and (to this point) zero exhibited ability to catch the football. By the end of the year I think there's a good chance there's a group of ~5 backs that are widely considered to be a tier above him. I'd rather have Gordon's teammate Corey Clement on my devy league team, I think his combination of stockiness, shiftiness, and power makes him a better NFL prospect than Gordon, and I think her could finish the year with more carries than Gordon when all is said and done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coates doesn't really pass the sniff test for me, though I haven't looked at him that extensively yet.

I think he's a better prospect on paper than in reality. There are plenty of guys in that draft with size and vertical speed. Montgomery and Goodley are two of them and both are listed higher on that preliminary Cooney top 100.

Coates doesn't really pass the sniff test for me, though I haven't looked at him that extensively yet.

I think he's a better prospect on paper than in reality. There are plenty of guys in that draft with size and vertical speed. Montgomery and Goodley are two of them and both are listed higher on that preliminary Cooney top 100.
Coates has much better actual WR skills than Montgomery, who I like as well. Goodley has hands of stone and will already be 23 before the season ends.

For people needing wr help remember this name: D'haquille Williams.
Yep, I've got him ranked 19th among WRs and that already feels too low.
He and Coates, one of my favorite guys if you listened to me last year, will both continue to fly under the radar thanks to the Auburn offense.
Coates may be under the radar according to the media, but he doesn't seem to be under the radar for dynasty fantasy leaguers from what I've seen.
I'm not seeing that at all. He's ranked at WR15 at best in devy leagues I'm seeing. That's basically off the radar.
Arguable I suppose. When I think of off/under the radar guys I think of guys who aren't even getting drafted, not guys that are getting drafted in every devy league. Personal semantics being irrelevant and all that.
WR15s or later get drafted in all your leagues? They don't get drafted in many of mine. I'm betting he won't get drafted at all in any of my devy leagues.

Coates has much better actual WR skills than Montgomery, who I like as well. Goodley has hands of stone and will already be 23 before the season ends.
Hence Coates being under the radar. He's a way better WR than the guys EBF just listed.

Hence Coates being under the radar. He's a way better WR than the guys EBF just listed.
Honestly, you seem to like every prospect out of the SEC.

I don't think Montgomery and Goodley are that great. Especially Goodley. He is bad at running routes, but awesome in a straight line.

Just saying, there are comparable players all over the country. Coates is a trendy sleeper pick, but most likely just another 3rd-5th rounder.

I don't think Montgomery and Goodley are that great. Especially Goodley. He is bad at running routes, but awesome in a straight line.

Just saying, there are comparable players all over the country. Coates is a trendy sleeper pick, but most likely just another 3rd-5th rounder.
I like every player out of the SEC? Please. You haven't even watched Coates but are trying to tell me who he's comparable. Rich stuff!

I like every player out of the SEC? Please. You haven't even watched Coates but are trying to tell me who he's comparable. Rich stuff!
I've probably seen more of Coates than you've seen of Montgomery and Goodley.

And yea, you jock just about every player from the southeast. Strong regional bias. Makes it hard to put any stock in any of those opinions.

I've probably seen more of Coates than you've seen of Montgomery and Goodley.

And yea, you jock just about every player from the southeast. Strong regional bias. Makes it hard to put any stock in any of those opinions.
Like my jocking of players like:Manziel

McCarron

Evans

Mathews

Moncrief

All guys from the SEC I've been heavily down on this year compared to the majority.

As a matter of fact, I had 1 player from the SEC in my top 3 at any given position this year. Mason being the only 1.

You are making things up, again.

Was just watching a highlight video on Mike Davis. I love his build and he seems to be able to change direction on dime. Strong powerful runner. Sets his blocks up really well. Reminds me of Christine Michael a little. Does anybody else question his top end speed? In the video I watch he got caught from behind several times and seems to be lacking the extra gear.

2015 NFL Draft: Mariota, Ogbuehi, Gregory pace Top 32; CBs strong, tooPete Prisco

It's never too early to look at the 2015 NFL Draft Class, so I offer my way-too-early glance at the top 32 players for next year's draft.

Things will change over 12 months. Players will emerge. Others will fall off. Some will even get in off-the-field trouble that will sour their rankings.

So keep this as a starter kit as we look ahead to 2015, a year where the underclassmen could dominate in a big way.

The top three quarterbacks are underclassmen, with Oregon's Marcus Mariotta the top passer and top player on my list. The other two top quarterbacks are Florida State's Jamies Winston and UCLA's Brett Hundley.

Next year's draft could feature several impact pass rushers after a lull this year. The pass rusher I love is Randy Gregory from Nebraska. But he will be challenged for that top spot.

There also will be a nice group of cornerbacks; LSU and Florida State have two potential first-round corners apiece.

So dive in, look around, complain and then step back and think we have 12 months to dice every player on this list (and more) to bits.

Let's get the party started (underclassmen noted in parentheses).

1. Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon (Jr.): He is big and can run. But the concerns will be his ability to make the reads inside the pocket. I think he has work to do there, but he has a lot of talent.

2. Cedric Ogbuehi, T, Texas A&M: The Aggies had two tackles among the top six picks in the past two drafts. This kid might be the best of all. He is so athletic for a player who is 6-foot-6, 315 pounds.

3. Randy Gregory, DE-OLB, Nebraska: Had this 260-pound pass rusher entered the 2014 draft, he might have been a top-15 pick. Now he has a real chance to go in the top five.

4. P.J. Williams, CB, Florida State (Jr.): He is coming off an impressive game in the National Championship and he can fly. He is 5-11, but he might run under 4.4 seconds in the 40.

5. Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State (r-Soph.): Winston is a big-armed, pocket passer who fits what the NFL wants. But that delivery could scare off some teams, as could his off-the-field stuff.

6. Andrus Peat, T, Stanford (Jr.): At 6-6, 315 pounds, he is athletic enough to handle edge rushers but can also do a nice job in the run game.

7. Shilique Calhoun, DE, Michigan State (Jr.): He is 6-4, 255 pounds and has the speed teams want off the edge. After an impressive 2013 season, he has a chance to really vault up the lists.

8. Leonard Williams, DT, USC (Jr.): At 6-4, 290-pound player, he has been seemingly destined for stardom since he showed up at USC. He is a force in the middle of that defense.

9. Landon Collins, S, Alabama (Jr.): He played a lot as a sophomore last season and could be Bama's best defensive player next season. He can tackle and he has range. He's already one of my favorites.

10. Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson: He is an explosive up-field outside linebacker who would fit in a 3-4 scheme. He is 6-2, 240 pounds.

11. Jalen Collins, CB, LSU (Jr.): A 6-1, 192-pound corner who is smooth in coverage, he showed up big time when I watched LSU tape from a year ago.

12. Shawn Oakman, DE, Baylor (Jr.): He is a huge end at 6-9, 275 pounds who wears jersey No. 2 and sure stands out. He needs to put up better sack numbers, but the ability is there.

13. Brandon Scherf, T, Iowa: He is a big, powerful tackle at 6-5, 315-pounds. The question is does he have great athletic ability. I think he's good enough.

14. Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon: He is a shorter corner at 5-10, and some expected he was going to enter the 2014 draft. He's tough kid who is more than capable of playing press-man.

15. Bernardrick McKinney, OLB, Mississippi State (r-Jr.): He is almost 6-5, weighs 252 pounds and has great athletic ability. This fourth-year junior has a chance be a dominant player and be a top-five pick.

16. Michael Bennett, DT, Ohio State: Bennett is a quick 6-3, 285-pound tackle who had seven sacks as a junior, showing off his up-the-field quickness. Teams love that from their interior pass rushers.

17. Devonte Fields, DE, TCU (r-Soph.): He missed the final nine games of 2013 because of a foot injury, but was back for spring practice and should be ready to build on his 2012 season. He was the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year. He has the speed off the edge teams love.

18. Mario Edwards, DE, Florida State (Jr.): He did some really good things against Greg Robinson (Auburn, No. 2 overall pick in 2014 draft) in the National Championship Game. He has to get more consistent, but the talent is there.

19. Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA (Jr.): I thought Hundley regressed in 2013, but he has great size and a big arm. He has to show that he's better throwing the football.

20. Alex Carter, CB, Stanford (Jr.): A 6-foot corner who does a nice job in man coverage. There is great value in that.

21. Cameron Erving, T, Florida State: At 6-5, 325 pounds, he plays left tackle. I think he has to be more consistent to get selected high in the first round.

22. Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State: Big at 6-4, 205 pounds and coming off a season with 75 catches and a 14.9 average, he can be special.

23. Jalen Mills, CB, LSU (Jr.): Collins and Mills will push each other to be the best corner for the Tigers, and maybe in this class.

24. Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama (Jr.): Cooper is 6-2 with speed and does a nice job running routes in the pro-style system.

25. Jordan Jenkins, OLB, Georgia (Jr.): At 6-2, 245 pounds, he can hold the point against the run and rush the passer, although he needs to get better with the rush. With another year of seasoning, the scouts will come to love this kid.

26. Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan State (Jr.): Darqeuze Dennard, his teammate with the Spartans, went in the first round and Waynes might be a better man-cover player.

27. Ronald Darby, CB, Florida State: Darby is the Noles' other corner possessing first-round talent. They can flat-out cover receivers at that school.

28. Dante Fowler, DE, Florida (Jr.): A 6-4, 260-pound edge rusher whose best football is in front of him, he has played inside as well.

29. La'El Collins, T, LSU: This 6-5, 315-pound college tackle easily could move inside and be a dominant guard. But I think he's athletic enough to stay outside.

30. Nelson Agholor, WR, USC (Jr.): With Marquise Lee gone, it's Agholor's time to take over as the No. 1 receiver. He came to USC as a huge recruit and hasn't disappointed.

31. Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia (Jr.): I usually don't put running backs on my list, but this kid has a chance to be special. He has to keep his weight in check.

32. Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor: Some will term Petty a system quarterback, but the Baylor coaches say he might be the best they've had. They did have Robert Griffin III.

Just missed: DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville, Josh Shaw, CB, USC, Devin Funchess, TE, Michigan (Jr.), Quandre Diggs, CB, Texas, Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami, Braxton Miller, QB, Ohio State, Sean Mannion, QB, Oregon State, Mike Davis, RB, South Carolina (Jr.), Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin, (Jr.) Tre Jackson, G, Florida State, Tyler Montgomery, WR, Stanford, Stefan Diggs, WR, Maryland, Noah Spence, DE, Ohio State (Jr.), Nick O'Leary, TE, Florida State, Cedric Reed, DE, Texas, Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State, Karl Joseph, S, West Virginia (Jr.), T.J. Yeldon, RB, Alabama (Jr.) , Erik Striker, OLB, Oklahoma, Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, (TBD) and Shaq Thompson, OLB, Washington.

Was just watching a highlight video on Mike Davis. I love his build and he seems to be able to change direction on dime. Strong powerful runner. Sets his blocks up really well. Reminds me of Christine Michael a little. Does anybody else question his top end speed? In the video I watch he got caught from behind several times and seems to be lacking the extra gear.
I think he'll run a low 4.5 and probably check in at 5'9" 220. That's plenty speed because he's got great vision and can bounce off defenders.

Running back Jovon Robinson is an Auburn Tiger ... againBy Tom Fornelli | College Football Writer

Though he took an unusual path to get there, it looks like running back Jovon Robinson is going to end up at Auburn after all.

“I have taken visits and evaluated every school that offered me the opportunity to be a part of their program, and after careful thought and consideration, I have chosen to verbally commit to Auburn University," said Robinson in a release.

Robinson, the top-ranked junior college running back in the nation, joins the Tigers 2015 class. Which isn't all that out of the ordinary, as Auburn gets a lot of top recruits, but let's not forget that Robinson was also a member of Auburn's 2012 class.

Robinson signed with Auburn in 2012 and participated in practice with the team for a few weeks before he was ruled academically ineligible after it was discovered a guidance counselor at his high school had changed at least one of his grades. That led to Robinson enrolling at Georgia Military College, where he set a junior college record with 2,387 rushing yards and 34 touchdowns last season en route to being named the NJCAA Offensive Player of the Year.

Hopefully this will be the last time Robinson needs to commit to the Tigers.

Big Board: Oregon QB Marcus Mariota on top for 2015 NFL Draft

by Rob Rang | The Sports Xchange/CBSSports.com

The 2014 NFL Draft? That's for the history books. Scouting prospects is a year-round exercise, and at this early juncture the 2015 class is shaping up to have the most intriguing quarterback talent in years.

Along with depth at pass rusher, offensive tackle and -- for the first time in three years -- running back, television ratings may again smash records. If a trio of quarterbacks make the early leap into the NFL, we could see another significant change with the Pac-12 overtaking the SEC as the conference of choice for first round picks in 2014.

Player evaluations will fluctuate plenty between now and next spring. There is a full season to be played, and this time last year USC wide receiver Marqise Lee and Notre Dame defensive tackle Louis Nix were considered first-round locks for the '14 class. There are several players on this initial list who possess first-round potential but who must develop more consistency to fulfill their potential. One such talent -- former Missouri wideout Dorial Green-Beckham -- has already put his draft stock in flux with off-field issues that led to his being kicked off the team.

So take this initial Big Board ranking of the top 32 NFL prospects for 2015 as it is intended -- a fun peek ahead at who to keep a close eye on this fall.

1. Marcus Mariota, QB, 6-4, 212, rJr, Oregon: Say what you will about Jadeveon Clowney's elite talent, if Mariota had entered the 2014 draft he would have been the first overall pick. The Hawaii native is that kind of talent. Mariota has gained 20 pounds of muscle since signing with the Ducks, adding to his arm strength and retaining his remarkable speed. He's further along as a passer already than the player he's often compared to (San Francisco's Colin Kaepernick), and is only going to get better.

2. Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, 6-5, 300, rSr, Texas A&M: Former Aggies Luke Joeckel and Jake Matthews were the second and sixth overall picks the past two years, and Ogbuehi has more pure talent than either of them. Long-armed and remarkably light on his feet, he'll join them as a top-five pick if he takes to left tackle as easily in 2014 as anticipated.

3. Leonard Williams, DE, 6-4, 290, Jr, Southern Cal: The Pac-12 has produced plenty of quarterbacks in recent years but not as many dominant defensive linemen. Therefore, when freakish players like Haloti Ngata, Star Lotulelei and Williams come along, they're tough to miss. Long, strong, athletic and passionate, Williams is a future top-10 pick.

4. Randy Gregory, DE, 6-5, 255, Sr, Nebraska: Pass rushers rank second only to quarterbacks in value in today's NFL and though the JUCO transfer remains a bit rough around the edges, his length, burst and powerful hands are undeniable.

5. Jameis Winston, QB, 6-3, 228, rSo, Florida State: Boasting the build, touch and on-field composure of an NFL pro already, Winston looks every bit the part of a top-five selection. He doesn't come without questions, however, including a slower-than-ideal release and repeated off-field mistakes that simply will not be tolerated at the next level. Frankly, he's closer to slipping down my board past fellow quarterbacks Brett Hundley (UCLA) and Kevin Hogan (Stanford) than he is to challenging Mariota for the top spot.

6. Andrus Peat, OT, 6-6, 312, Jr, Stanford: Given the fact that a number of highly regarded Stanford offensive linemen before him have earned plenty of buzz only to slip a bit on draft day, it isn't surprising that Peat isn't yet generating top 10 talk. Wait for others to watch the film, though. Peat is an extraordinary athlete with great size.

7. Brett Hundley, QB, 6-3, 222, rJr, UCLA: Hundley isn't yet as accurate as scouts would like, but he's a natural athlete with a fluid throwing motion who has made steady improvement throughout his career.

8. Landon Collins, SS, 6-0, 215, Jr, Alabama: Former teammate Ha Ha Clinton-Dix was rated the top safety in the 2014 class by NFLDraftScout.com. By the time he's done at Alabama, Collins may very well wind up ranking higher as he's stouter against the run and an even more coordinated athlete.

9. Shilique Calhoun, DE, 6-4, 250, rJr, Michigan State: It isn't often that a sophomore wins the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year, but that is precisely what Calhoun pulled off in 2013. With more strength, the conference honors might be just the start a year from now.

10. Kevin Hogan, QB, 6-4, 228, rJr, Stanford: Hogan doesn't have the mobility of his Pac-12 peers but he is a savvy and refined passer with a good arm and underrated athleticism. He's not the second coming of Andrew Luck but has the tools to intrigue as a future franchise quarterback.

11. Amari Cooper, WR, 6-1, 205, Jr, Alabama: After a spectacular debut in 2012 in which he broke Julio Jones' freshman records with 1,000 yards and scored 11 touchdowns, Cooper struggled with nagging injuries last year. He's an explosive athlete with excellent body control and hands who projects as a No. 1 target in the NFL.

12. Dante Fowler Jr., DE, 6-3, 266, Jr, Florida: An intriguing edge rusher with experience at linebacker and defensive end, Fowler is an explosive athlete with range and flexibility. He led the Gators with 10.5 tackles for loss in 2013 and looks primed to explode in his second full season as a starter.

13. Devonte Fields, DE, 6-4, 240, rSo, TCU: The Horned Frogs are a consistent producer of NFL talent and Fields looks like the next superstar. He missed all but the first three games in 2013 due to a foot injury but dominated the Big 12 as a freshman, logging 18.5 tackles for loss and 10 sacks.

14. P.J. Williams, CB, 6-0, 190, Jr, Florida State: Williams will have to prove he's just as effective in 2014 without the terrific safety tandem of Lamarcus Joyner and Terrence Brooks. He's fluid, fast and physical and could be on the verge of a breakout campaign.

15. Brandon Scherff, OT, 6-5, 315, rSr, Iowa: Hawkeyes head coach Kirk Ferentz is one of college football's elite developers of offensive lineman. In Scherff, he has yet another first-round prospect whose combination of power and technique should make him a plug-and-play right tackle in the NFL.

16. Todd Gurley, RB, 6-1, 232, Jr, Georgia: As a resident of the greater Seattle area I don't take comparing any back to Seahawks star Marshawn Lynch lightly, but Gurley runs with a combination of balance, burst and unabashed power that screams Beast Mode.

17. Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, 5-10, 185, Sr, Oregon: Instinctive, athletic and tough in run support, Ekpre-Olomu has stood out in the pass-heavy Pac-12 throughout his career. He doesn't possess the frame scouts would prefer, but the tape doesn't lie.

18. T.J. Yeldon, RB, 6-1, 218, Jr, Alabama: Say what you will about the lack of success of Alabama running backs in the NFL outside of Eddie Lacy, Yeldon has an impressive combination of vision, jump-cuts and acceleration.

19. Vic Beasley, OLB, 6-2, 235, rSr, Clemson: Beasley only emerged as a full-time starter last year but exploded with 23 tackles for loss and 13 sacks and considered making the NFL leap. Reportedly given a second-round grade from the NFL Advisory Committee after his junior season, Beasley is a natural pass rusher with a lightning first step.

20. Cameron Erving, OT, 6-5, 320, rSr, Florida State: Erving initially played defensive tackle for the Seminoles but successfully made the switch to left tackle in 2011. He is understandably a work in progress in pass protection but is aggressive, long and light on his feet.

21. Josh Shaw, CB, 6-1, 195, rSr, Southern Cal: The love affair with big, physical defensive backs isn't going away soon and Shaw, a Florida transfer, is a proven commodity at corner and safety.

22. Lael Collins, OT, 6-5, 315, Sr, LSU: Collins has a portly build better suited to guard in the NFL, but he possesses long arms, light feet and surprising balance for such a big man.

23. Shawn Oakman, DE, 6-8, 285, rJr, Baylor: Like Armstead, Oakman flashes rather than dominates at this time, but the Penn State transfer offers an incredible combination of size, power and athleticism.

24. Michael Bennett, DT, 6-3, 285, Sr, Ohio State: While not as explosive as 2014 first-round picks Aaron Donald and Dominique Easley, Bennett's burst and agility make him an intriguing interior pass rusher.

25. Jalen Collins, CB, 6-1, 195, rJr, LSU: The NFL is all about upside and scouts are buzzing about Collins' length and fluidity.

26. Melvin Gordon, RB, 6-1, 207, rJr, Wisconsin: No program is better at churning out NFL running backs than the Badgers, and Gordon offers as much juice as any of them, showing agility and breakaway speed to go with good size.

27. Carl Davis, DT, 6-4, 315, rSr, Iowa: The Hawkeyes are well known for producing offensive linemen and Davis has the frame of an NFL tackle, boasting long arms and a trim middle. His agility and strength make him an intriguing run defender who could fly up draft boards if he can improve against the pass.

28. Shaq Thompson, OLB, 6-2, 225, Jr, Washington: Over his first two seasons Thompson has proven every bit the standout expected after signing as a Parade All-American. Whether he remains at outside linebacker or makes the switch to safety in the NFL, scouts will appreciate his instincts and closing speed.

29. Devin Funchess, TE, 6-5, 235, Jr, Michigan: Funchess doesn't offer the bulk and tenacity to currently offer much as a blocker, but he has the speed to challenge the seam and can make the circus catch due to strong hands and incredible body control for a man of his size.

30. Kasen Williams, WR, 6-2, 212, Sr, Washington: Williams hasn't generated a great deal of national attention, especially after missing the final half of the 2013 season because of a fractured foot, but if he can prove his health, he'll catch scouts' fancy soon enough. Williams boasts an exciting skill-set with a legitimate NFL build, acceleration and leaping ability.

31. Noah Spence, DE, 6-3, 252, Jr, Ohio State: Teams are always willing to gamble on athletic pass rushers, and Spence offers the blend of size, agility and strength to build upon a breakout sophomore campaign in which he led the Buckeyes with eight sacks.

32. Arik Armstead, DT, 6-7, 292, Jr, Oregon: Armstead hasn't played with the consistency to warrant this lofty projection yet, but he boasts extraordinary size and athleticism. Now that he's focusing on football rather than splitting his time on the basketball court with the Ducks, he could be ready to soar up draft boards.

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Trent Dilfer believes Baylor redshirt senior QB Bryce Petty has the potential to leap into the elite prospect category this coming season.
Some would argue he's already in the discussion. Petty put up 4,200 yards and 32 TDs last year. Perhaps more impressive, when you consider the sheer amount of pass attempts he made (many of which were vertical in Art Briles' hyper-aggressive scheme), was that Petty only threw three interceptions. Dilfer's colleague Todd McShay slotted Petty No. 15 to the Texans in his first 2015 mock.

Source: ESPN.com
FSU redshirt sophomore QB Jameis Winston has "as sharp a football mind as anybody I've ever seen," said ESPN's Trent Dilfer.
Dilfer is less prone to hyperbole than most of his co-workers, and he was a pretty heady NFL QB himself, so consider this a strong endorsement from an informed source. One anonymous AFC scout interviewed by ESPN said Winston "has the prototypical quarterback package -- strong, accurate, great arm and great leadership skills." Another scout noted the work still left to be done, saying Winston's "lower-body mechanics are below average, and he doesn't really step into his throws. He's also not a great athlete when you're talking about speed and agility, so the read-option isn't a possibility with him." The scout was also worried about his maturity. "Stealing crab legs is one thing, but the rape [accusation] scares the s--- out of you. Even though he wasn't charged, he can't be in that situation." Winston is a projected top-five 2015 pick.

The "word out of Alabama" is that redshirt junior QB Jacob Coker "has serious potential," writes ESPN's Jeffri Chadiha.
Coker was the most sought after free agent in college football over the winter after he decided to bolt Florida State to get out of Jameis Winston's shadow. He picked the highest profile destination available. "One strong year in the SEC and his name could easily be in the mix" to become a high draft pick, wrote Chadiha. Coker is obviously behind the elite 2015 QB prospect quartet of Winston, Marcus Mariota, Bryce Petty and Brett Hundley, but he's an intriguing prospect to monitor if you're looking for a Blake Bortles-style 2015 leap candidate. "No other pick in the draft is like the quarterback position," an AFC QB coach said. "A coaching staff sinks or swims with that player when he's a first-round pick, so you have to make sure you're getting a guy with the right makeup. But next year's class should be interesting. We'll just have to see which quarterback ends up on top."

Big Board: Oregon QB Marcus Mariota on top for 2015 NFL Draft

by Rob Rang | The Sports Xchange/CBSSports.com

10. Kevin Hogan, QB, 6-4, 228, rJr, Stanford: Hogan doesn't have the mobility of his Pac-12 peers but he is a savvy and refined passer with a good arm and underrated athleticism. He's not the second coming of Andrew Luck but has the tools to intrigue as a future franchise quarterback.

30. Kasen Williams, WR, 6-2, 212, Sr, Washington: Williams hasn't generated a great deal of national attention, especially after missing the final half of the 2013 season because of a fractured foot, but if he can prove his health, he'll catch scouts' fancy soon enough. Williams boasts an exciting skill-set with a legitimate NFL build, acceleration and leaping ability.
Not a fan of those calls. Barring spectacular improvement, Hogan would be a "get your coach and GM fired" pick as a first rounder.

Running back Jovon Robinson is an Auburn Tiger ... again

By Tom Fornelli | College Football Writer

Though he took an unusual path to get there, it looks like running back Jovon Robinson is going to end up at Auburn after all.

I have taken visits and evaluated every school that offered me the opportunity to be a part of their program, and after careful thought and consideration, I have chosen to verbally commit to Auburn University," said Robinson in a release.

Robinson, the top-ranked junior college running back in the nation, joins the Tigers 2015 class. Which isn't all that out of the ordinary, as Auburn gets a lot of top recruits, but let's not forget that Robinson was also a member of Auburn's 2012 class.

Robinson signed with Auburn in 2012 and participated in practice with the team for a few weeks before he was ruled academically ineligible after it was discovered a guidance counselor at his high school had changed at least one of his grades. That led to Robinson enrolling at Georgia Military College, where he set a junior college record with 2,387 rushing yards and 34 touchdowns last season en route to being named the NJCAA Offensive Player of the Year.

Hopefully this will be the last time Robinson needs to commit to the Tigers.
I love this kid.

Todd Gurley gets Heisman endorsement from Mark RichtBy Chase Goodbread

College Football 24/7 writer

Georgia coach Mark Richt may not think his star running back, Todd Gurley, needs the benefit of a full-fledged Heisman Trophy campaign by the school's athletic department to win college football's most prestigious individual honor, but that doesn't mean he's above stumping for Gurley a bit himself.

Amid the quarterback candidates that inevitably command the Heisman conversation, Gurley can at least count on that.

"If he's in great condition and he stays healthy, I think he can't help but to have a tremendous amount of production and be a very strong candidate for the Heisman Trophy," Richt said, according to bleacherreport.com.

Richt was right to add the caveat of good health up front. While there is no question Gurley is one of the college game's most feared backs, he missed the entire month of October last fall with an ankle injury that prevented him from reaching the 1,000-yard mark for the second consecutive season. When he returned, he looked like the same back, but didn't carry quite the same load and averaged just 13 carries over his first four games back in the lineup.

Despite the injury, Gurley established himself as a much better receiver last year with 37 catches for 441 yards and six touchdowns, numbers that dwarfed the receiving totals of his freshman year in 2012. That season, fully healthy, he rumbled for 1,385 yards and 17 scores to establish himself as one of the SEC's top backs.

Another year like that, and Gurley could find himself at the Downtown Athletic Club in December.

Follow Chase Goodbread on Twitter @ChaseGoodbread

I love this thread. I'll really love comparing it to the actual 2015 draft. Rereading the 2014 version of this thread was a hoot! I love scouting early :)

I think with Treadwell moving outside we're going to see how special he can be this season... playing the slot was fine and dandy last year and he did a damn good job at it, but that's not the best place for him IMO. He's got everything to be an elite prospect and a top 10 pick in 2016 IMO. I'm all in wherever I can get him.

I think with Treadwell moving outside we're going to see how special he can be this season... playing the slot was fine and dandy last year and he did a damn good job at it, but that's not the best place for him IMO. He's got everything to be an elite prospect and a top 10 pick in 2016 IMO. I'm all in wherever I can get him.
It took a long time to get his name in this thread but I think this guy is the next big thing.

Thought this was the 2015 thread. Should someone start a 2016 thread?

So top5 in 2015 in no particular order (DYNO FF) is:

Gurley

yeldon

Gordon

Davis

A.Cooper

?

Does DBG even sniff a look now? He gonan go to JuCO? or Div2

We've been discussing Non-eligibles in this thread: http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=666153&view=getlastpost

####. My bad.

Users who are viewing this thread