What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Detroit Tigers thread: 1st pick yet again, this is not fun*** (3 Viewers)

Tigers starters have been horrific. I don't understand why they haven't brought up Mize yet. Its beyond the service time issue.

Candelario looks to have turned the corner this past week. His highlights have been ridiculous. 

I still can't get over Theo giving him up for seventy crappy innings of Justin Wilson. 

Rough start for young Skrubal. Better days ahead. 
It was (Soto's appearance too), but it was comforting to at least want to tune into a game. I don't remember the last time I had that feeling. Looking forward to Mize tonight.

Is there any hope of buying some bats this winter? Good pitching drives me to a game, but functional offense is what keeps me engaged.

May seem like a homer or shtick or whatever, but that looked like a future Ace playing with a really bad  team around him.

I know Goodrum is a fill at SS for 2020, but he probably cost Mize a win. I like Goodrum as an almost every day utilityman, but he’s being asked to do too much right now. 

That was the most important game the Tigers have played in several years, I really wanted that win. 

The splitter and four seam are ++ and + pitchers. I thought those 90mph things at the top of the zone were cutters, I guess they were sliders that didn’t slide. Curveball looked good at 86. 

I mean, I’m impressed. He basically gave up a homer and a double and the team behind him helped CWS score 1.5 runs. Can’t wait until he pitches again. 

Last edited by a moderator:
May seem like a homer or shtick or whatever, but that looked like a future Ace playing with a really bad  team around him.

I know Goodrum is a fill at SS for 2020, but he probably cost Mize a win. I like Goodrum as an almost every day utilityman, but he’s being asked to do too much right now. 

That was the most important game the Tigers have played in several years, I really wanted that win. 

The splitter and four seam are ++ and + pitchers. I thought those 90mph things at the top of the zone were cutters, I guess they were sliders that didn’t slide. Curveball looked good at 86. 

I mean, I’m impressed. He basically gave up a homer and a double and the team behind him helped CWS score 1.5 runs. Can’t wait until he pitches again. 
:goodposting:

also looks like Candelario might actually belong in the majors 

I was impressed too. The amount of movement on his pitches is terrific. And the splitter is just filthy. 

Like you, I have high hopes for him.

Other than some pitching prospects look at their lineup the Tigers are a very bad team.  Miggy is and has been a shell of a player for 3 years now. Only 3 years left on his contract.   No other supporting cast of hitters.

Nico a 1-2 start a week guy in a long season,  a Don Kelly type of player.  

Nice first start for Mize against a good hitting team.

Completely agree and was going to post the same. It's amazing how much movement he gets. Not walking anyone in your first start is a great sign too.

If a couple more pitching prospects come through and they can get 4-5 bats they can start making noise again.

Completely agree and was going to post the same. It's amazing how much movement he gets. Not walking anyone in your first start is a great sign too.

If a couple more pitching prospects come through and they can get 4-5 bats they can start making noise again.
With Manning, Skubal, Faedo, and Fulmer I think they’ll have a very good starting rotation as soon as next year. The bullpen arms are there too, now. Funkhouser, Farmer, Soto, Jimenez and then Wentz and burrows as sp/RP.

tork and Greene need to be all star type players. Parades could be like an Astrubal Cabrera type, I think he’s at worst a good every day player. Goodrum could work at 2B and Kody Clemens is probably ready next year. Jake Rodgers is underrated and is the best catcher prospect the Tigers have had in a long time. 

Stewart is a guy that I would not be surprised if he’s an above average hitter with power. Not confident he’s anything more than a DH platoon, but we’ll see. 

Daz Cameron is a wildcard. Hopefully between he and Parker Meadows they get at least one starting MLB OFer.  This is a big year for Jacoby Jones to see if he can stick. He plays a great CF and has power and some speed. His plate discipline is bad though, looking for improvements. 

To me if the pitching develops and stays healthy with this kind of talent, and Greene and Tork are stars, they’ll be competitive in 2022. They need a Parades or a Castro or a Cameron to be above average players. 

C Rogers

1B Tork

2B Clemens 

SS Castro

3B Parades 

RF Greene

CF Jones or Cameron 

LF Meadows 

DH Stewart 

mize, Manning, Fulmer, Faedo, Skubal, Burrows

Sprinkle in some good vets and that list might be good. We can hope anyway. 

I think Tork will play 1B but obviously it would be nice if he played 3B. He’s very athletic but I think he gets moved to first so he can concentrate on smashing the baseball. 

Good Tork article. 

A better than the box score indicates performance from Skubal. Blue did not given him anything on the outside edge. Don't get me wrong, he was still wild and inefficient but that was a 4(plus?) ip sorta game. Let's continue the progress next time out :popcorn:

Wonder if Boyd gets dealt. Probably the only player they have with trade value. 
If it's a massive haul, fine. But I'd rather not. He's still got 2 years left and moving him would leave us short on arms next year. I'd rather wait-and-see how things go next spring then consider moving him a/o Fulmer July 2021.

Wonder if Boyd gets dealt. Probably the only player they have with trade value. 
I read that other teams are interested in Austin Romine. And the Cubs have interest in Maybin. I'd be a little surprised is a contender wasn't interested in Schoop.

But not sure the Tigers would trade those guys right now - 2 games out of the playoffs.

I read that other teams are interested in Austin Romine. And the Cubs have interest in Maybin. I'd be a little surprised is a contender wasn't interested in Schoop.

But not sure the Tigers would trade those guys right now - 2 games out of the playoffs.
I’d trade them all. Boyd would have to net a significant haul, more than the Indians got for clevenger, but I’d do it. 

Victor Reyes and Wili Castro are pretty impressive. I hope Castro gets more starts at SS from here and Goodrum moves back to super utility. The unfortunate injury to Jacoby Jones should allow Castro and Goodrum to play nearly every day, and I’d rather see Castro at SS. 

The Fulmer/Norris tandem has been looking good. Norris may finally be coming around and seems to be becoming an asset. Jimenez needs to be moved to the losing bullpen, he should not be in high leverage right now. With Garcia, Schreiber, Cisnero, Funkhouser, Farmer, and Soto I don’t understand why Jimenez is being used in tight games. 

That was a tough last six games, they should have won in Milwaukee Wednesday and they lost three close games with the twins blowing leads in the 9th twice. 

They are very competitive though, which is shocking based on the starting pitching. In a 162 game season they’d be screwed but with a young pitching staff, this happens. 

Hey, they are fun to watch. Yesterday’s comeback win was sweet. 

The Detroit Tigers have re-signed second baseman Jonathan Schoop to a one-year, $4.5 million contract, a person with knowledge of the agreement told the Detroit Free Press on Friday.

The team has not yet announced the deal.

Schoop, 29, played 44 games for the Tigers in 2020. The righty hit .278 with eight homers and 23 RBIs. In 2019 with the Minnesota Twins, he hit .256 with 23 homers and 59 RBIs in 121 games.

The veteran infielder is the fourth significant signing by the Tigers this winter, following right-handed pitcher Jose Urena (one year, $3.25 million), outfielder Robbie Grossman (two years, $10 million) and catcher Wilson Ramos (one year, $2 million).

Barring injury, Schoop will start at second base on Opening Day.

Spencer will miss some spring training action due to a finger injury:

Torkelson's injury, which he suffered Wednesday, required at least one stitch in his right index finger but according to manager A.J. Hinch is "very mild." 

Hinch also said this: 

"Maybe part of his development is going to be opening a can."

As always, no easy ones. My 3 stars:

Daniel Boyd. Outdueled the reigning cy young winner.

Miguel Cabrera. Big HR plus nice defensive play.

Shane Bieber. Wicked stuff as usual.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread