Doctor Detroit

***Detroit Tigers thread: No love from the schedule maker***

7,853 posts in this topic

See you tomorrow after Pelfrey's no hitter.

1 minute ago, MAC_32 said:

See you tomorrow after Pelfrey's no hitter.

:wub:

11 minutes ago, Limp Ditka said:

Look, all I did was question someone else's hot take of them under preforming and you went full ##### mode because god forbid someone say something negative about the kitties.

But the Pythagorean says they're not under performing. Baseball Prospectus / PECOTA says they're not. FiveThirtyEight says they're not. As a matter of fact, I'd challenge you to find me one legitimate source that says they are. (hint: jon_mx doesn't count)

A team that had a 83 O/U Vegas win total is right now a game under .500.  HOT TAKE!!!!

Nah, #### it. I'll go now. Sorry to invade your safe place. Maybe I'll come back in when you want to act like an adult and stop lashing out at others because the sound you hear isn't the Tigers window of opportunity slamming shut, its the echo of it happening years ago. 

See this is where it is trolling, where you come off like a complete ###.  That's all I really need to say, troll. 

Tigers should find the schedule maker and punch him in the junk.

A Sunday night game preceding a 10 day, three city road trip where they play 11 games. They have a night game tonight, then fly to Chicago where they have to play a double header tomorrow. 

I was going to stay out, but when presented with a response as woefully stupid as this one, I have to reply

12 minutes ago, Doctor Detroit said:

A team that had a 83 O/U Vegas win total is right now a game under .500.  HOT TAKE!!!!

Isn't this proving my point? That they really aren't under performing? They are essentially doing exactly what they were projected to do by just about everyone.

1 minute ago, Doctor Detroit said:

Tigers should find the schedule maker and punch him in the junk.

A Sunday night game preceding a 10 day, three city road trip where they play 11 games. They have a night game tonight, then fly to Chicago where they have to play a double header tomorrow. 

Damn that schedule maker for setting up a DH when he put pen to paper last September. Damn him to hell.

1 minute ago, Limp Ditka said:

Damn that schedule maker for setting up a DH when he put pen to paper last September. Damn him to hell.

MLB policy is to schedule double headers as early as possible without any other consideration. Ideally the double header would be Sunday but they schedule them on Friday because if they can't get it in on Friday, they have two more days in the weekend. That's ok if teams aren't in the same division or aren't close geographically, but in this case it makes no sense. So for the second time in the same week the Tigers will get to a city at 5am, and tomorrow they have to play a 5pm game. How is that even remotely fair? 

And according to this, they've played the 5th hardest schedule so far.

And according to this, they've played the 2nd hardest schedule so far. With an expected W/L of 21-24

Maybe, just maybe they're OVER performing.

Edited by Limp Ditka

6 minutes ago, Doctor Detroit said:

MLB policy is to schedule double headers as early as possible without any other consideration. Ideally the double header would be Sunday but they schedule them on Friday because if they can't get it in on Friday, they have two more days in the weekend. That's ok if teams aren't in the same division or aren't close geographically, but in this case it makes no sense. So for the second time in the same week the Tigers will get to a city at 5am, and tomorrow they have to play a 5pm game. How is that even remotely fair? 

Man. I almost shed a tear here.

this... this is trolling

1 person likes this

30 minutes ago, Limp Ditka said:

And according to this, they've played the 5th hardest schedule so far.

And according to this, they've played the 2nd hardest schedule so far. With an expected W/L of 21-24

Maybe, just maybe they're OVER performing.

With anyone else besides K-Rod, they have three more in the win column, and that problem looks fixed.  The only position which they are over performing is catcher.  McCann/Avila will not keep up the HR pace and Avila's average will drop.  Miggy average will end up better than the current .264.  V-Mart average is just starting to skyrocket.  Kinsler will hit much better than his .240 average.  Nick will hit better than .220.  Iggy will hit better than .213.  Upton will hit better than .229.  JD will cool off some, but he just got here and is replacing guys batting about .200.  The team batting average and run production is very likely to be much better the rest of the season.  The key to be if the Tigers make the playoffs will be the backend of their starting rotation, which has issues, but is not a mess.  Getting a decent #3 starter will put the Tigers in the playoffs.   Or if by some miracle, Zimmerman fills that role.   

2 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

With anyone else besides K-Rod, they have three more in the win column, and that problem looks fixed.  The only position which they are over performing is catcher.  McCann/Avila will not keep up the HR pace and Avila's average will drop.  Miggy average will end up better than the current .264.  V-Mart average is just starting to skyrocket.  Kinsler will hit much better than his .240 average.  Nick will hit better than .220.  Iggy will hit better than .213.  Upton will hit better than .229.  JD will cool off some, but he just got here and is replacing guys batting about .200.  The team batting average and run production is very likely to be much better the rest of the season.  The key to be if the Tigers make the playoffs will be the backend of their starting rotation, which has issues, but is not a mess.  Getting a decent #3 starter will put the Tigers in the playoffs.   Or if by some miracle, Zimmerman fills that role.   

I get what you're saying about catcher and sure Avila's average will drop, but I think the adjustments he's made at the plate are legit.  He may not be a 300 hitter, but he's closer to it than 250 as long as he doesn't regress to previous norms.  

Any word yet on who they are calling up to pitch the double header game on Friday?  They need to call someone up since they don't have an off day forever.  Whoever they call up they can slot against Pelfrey in game 2 so that essentially it is two minor leaguers against each other. 

53 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

I get what you're saying about catcher and sure Avila's average will drop, but I think the adjustments he's made at the plate are legit.  He may not be a 300 hitter, but he's closer to it than 250 as long as he doesn't regress to previous norms.  

Avila is due to get injured at some point.  He always does.