What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Detroit Tigers thread: 1st pick yet again, this is not fun*** (2 Viewers)

So Iggy has stress fractures in both shins, never heard of that happening before. That has to be at least 5-6 weeks to heal properly. I remember last season when he would hit a bag running and almost buckle in pain. Seems odd they did not diagnose that earlier.

Da Guru said:
So Iggy has stress fractures in both shins, never heard of that happening before. That has to be at least 5-6 weeks to heal properly. I remember last season when he would hit a bag running and almost buckle in pain. Seems odd they did not diagnose that earlier.
It's a hazy timeline, especially because he had it before. Easy injury to happen over and over again. I bet we will see him in August, see how it goes, then scratch the plan if he doesn't hold up, or work him in 4-5 days per week plus late game defensive sub if it does. Treat him as a luxury though, no way of knowing if and when it will resurface.

Hindisight is 20/20 but I just hope Avisail Garcia doesn't blow up this year. That would be tough to take with Iglesias being out for significant time and it being unclear if this injury is going to linger throughout his career. Plus, we could have really used Garcia in left field.

Doctor Detroit said:
He stole 62 bases in one year at low A.
His SB% rates since then have been net negative.

Romine is a definite upgrade over Suarez and should be good enough to hold the fort for a while.

igbomb said:
Doctor Detroit said:
He stole 62 bases in one year at low A.
You're reaching for something positive about him, aren't you? His OBP last year was .308 and he had 1 SB in 123 PAs.

Is Adam Everett available? Edgar Renteria?
He had 15 steals and a .367 OBP at AAA. :shrug:

This should be fun

Max Scherzer's agent Scott Boras told ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick that the Tigers rejected a contract offer from the right-hander's camp and not the other way around.
The Tigers released a statement Sunday saying Scherzer had rejected a "substantial, long-term contract offer," but Boras claims the team was the one that actually turned down Scherzer's extension offer. Boras isn't usually one to be believed, but that would actually make more sense than the idea of Scherzer rejecting something close to the $25.7 million AAV Justin Verlander got from the club, which ESPN's Jayson Stark had reported. Either way, the talks have broken off and Scherzer appears headed to a large payday next winter on the open market.

Actually a pretty high risk move by max. An injury could cost him $100 million. Tigers are probably willing to give Max a nice payday. One in the hand is worth two in the bush.

One way of looking at failing to resign Max is it frees up more money to resign Miggy- which is a far more important signing IMO. If he hits the market I highly doubt he resigns with Det.

I don't understand why the Tigers had to release that statement other than to get the fans off their back. I guess now if they trade him the fans won't go ballistic.

Let me again state that I said the Tigers should have extended Scherzer before last season, could have had him for Anibal Sanchez money.

One way of looking at failing to resign Max is it frees up more money to resign Miggy- which is a far more important signing IMO. If he hits the market I highly doubt he resigns with Det.
I wouldn't want to be one signing checks for a 33-38 YO Miggy.

I don't understand why the Tigers had to release that statement other than to get the fans off their back. I guess now if they trade him the fans won't go ballistic.

Let me again state that I said the Tigers should have extended Scherzer before last season, could have had him for Anibal Sanchez money.
I agree, if not that they should have made the best deal in the off season and kept Fister.

This should be fun

Max Scherzer's agent Scott Boras told ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick that the Tigers rejected a contract offer from the right-hander's camp and not the other way around.
The Tigers released a statement Sunday saying Scherzer had rejected a "substantial, long-term contract offer," but Boras claims the team was the one that actually turned down Scherzer's extension offer. Boras isn't usually one to be believed, but that would actually make more sense than the idea of Scherzer rejecting something close to the $25.7 million AAV Justin Verlander got from the club, which ESPN's Jayson Stark had reported. Either way, the talks have broken off and Scherzer appears headed to a large payday next winter on the open market.
Tigers need to open the check book on this one. Pay Max what he wants, and just raise the price of pizza's and beer.

Limp Ditka said:
skillz said:
I wouldn't want to be one signing checks for a 33-38 YO Miggy.
I think Cabrera will be just fine well into his 30s, guy can hit like no one else. Will he be worth $30 million a year then? Maybe not, but the Tigers have no choice but to keep him. They began negotiating with him after Scherzer decided he'd like to hit the open market, maybe a 7/220? He's going to be the highest paid player until Trout signs a long-term deal, and he'll be worth the money for most of his contract if he's healthy IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread