Doctor Detroit

***Detroit Tigers thread: Welcome back to 2004!!!!***

8,541 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Since I was at work listening to Hammy - I'll take your word for it. Since I didn't have STO on, I can't comment.

I'm just relaying second hand info too.  I haven't watched any portion of a Tigers game since Verlander was moved and Fulmer visited Dr. Doom.

Ugh. Boyd was SO close yesterday. Great outing.

He and Norris have both been huge disappointments. Would be nice to see at least one of them turn it around.

2 people like this

29 minutes ago, whoknew said:

He and Norris have both been huge disappointments. Would be nice to see at least one of them turn it around.

Really a key to the rebuild. They have some passable position players in line but I need to see more pitchers start to show the flashes we see from Boyd.

Leaving that stiff in RF for the 9th yesterday and costing Boyd his no-no is a nice ribbon on the Ausmus tenure. 

9 hours ago, whoknew said:

Way to early to call them disappointments especially with Norris, he has been hurt and didn't he have cancer? Boyd was never expected to be a top 2 pitcher in a rotation.

1 hour ago, msudaisy26 said:

Way to early to call them disappointments especially with Norris, he has been hurt and didn't he have cancer? Boyd was never expected to be a top 2 pitcher in a rotation.

I get that its too early to give up on them. I'm just saying - thus far, they've been disappointing. Both of them. Even for a 4/5 starter (Boyd).

1 hour ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Norris sucks 

He'll be fine

Off-season priority #1 IMO: Extend Big Nick

Great job by Alex Wilson tonight.

Single, Single, Single, Grand Slam, K

Nice! 

1 hour ago, Doctor Detroit said:

Off-season priority #1 IMO: Extend Big Nick

Don't you already have a DH locked up for the next 5-6 years.

3 minutes ago, Limp Ditka said:

Don't you already have a DH locked up for the next 5-6 years.

:fishing:

Non stop, let me know when your off the juice and can talk like an adult again.  It is impossible for you to do at this point.  :bye:

20 minutes ago, Doctor Detroit said:

:fishing:

Non stop, let me know when your off the juice and can talk like an adult again.  It is impossible for you to do at this point.  :bye:

It's beyond ridiculous that you can't be questioned without turning on the #### act. Worse than a woman on her period. 

He's had a nice 2nd half, I understand the optimism on the bat, but he's a hack in the field. Pray he can play first because he's going to be a liability anywhere esle and you have Miggy locked up through what, 2023? So that DH slot isn't going to be an option.

Edited by Limp Ditka

Just now, Limp Ditka said:

It's beyond ridiculous that you can't be questioned without turning on the #### act. Worse than a woman on her period. 

He's had a nice 2nd half, I understand the optimism on the bat, but he's a hack in the field. Pray he can play first because he's going to be a liability anywhere and and you have Miggy locked up through what, 2023? So that DH slot isn't going to be an option.

Let me know when you aren't a flaming ##### anymore, having to comment on nearly every single post I make.  Really take a look in the mirror and see the giant turd you've become.  Thanks. 

10 minutes ago, Doctor Detroit said:

Let me know when you aren't a flaming ##### anymore, having to comment on nearly every single post I make.  Really take a look in the mirror and see the giant turd you've become.  Thanks. 

Let me know when you're done being a condescending #####. There was nothing wrong with the question I asked and you being a ##### about me questioning your supposed infinite Tigers knowledge is doing no one in here any favors. 

43 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

This thread ended up going pretty much like the season did.

My bad, should have kept ignoring. 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Doctor Detroit said:

My bad, should have kept ignoring. 

Keep feeding the trolls and you end up with a fat troll living on your front porch.

1 person likes this

29 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Keep feeding the trolls and you end up with a fat troll living on your front porch.

Again. How in the hell was my question trolling? Menstural boy up there is the problem, not me. If he doesn't want to discuss the current state of the Tigers, and expand upon what he thinks should be done going forward, then maybe he shouldn't offer his opinion in the first place.

Big Nick isn't good at 3B and he probably is mostly done there. He's played very little OF so expecting him to be good in RF right away is unreasonable and he shouldn't have been out there in the 9th (although almost everything I've read said no one would have got that ball). 

He is not a unathlethic oaf and as I mentioned earlier this year, his speed index rating improved more than almost anyone in baseball. So the DH comment is ridiculous, he can definitely play LF or 1B with no issue IMO.