What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tennis: Australian Open - Who opens the new season with a bang (3 Viewers)

He just walked parallel to the baseline but not on the Melbourne logo, so you know he's finished.

You know Stan is going to pull his back or abdominals at some point in his career as he gets older also...dude is just cranking it with no legs whatsoever.

In the end you have to feel bad for Stan. The way he was playing I think he could have taken Nadal at full strength, but now we'll never know.
He's fine.
I dont know. As competitive as you have to be to reach this level I've gotta think he just won't feel the same beating a lame opponent. He'll hang his hat on the Djokovic win though and that's not bad.
I'm sure Stan has had bad breaks as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love that he's not giving up...I don't care if he loses every point.

Just keep plugging away...keep fighting...never give up.

This much more interesting then the expected Nadal domination. Go to bed? What was the point of staying up?

Heart of a Champion

He's got no shot at winning but he's not giving in...you're gonna have to take it from him.

What would you bet right now? 20% Nadal wins?
I love the guy...but couldn't see putting money on him at this point.

Maybe 5%

His serve is 90mph...Stan will start pouncing all over it soon...he's just a bit rattled and out of sorts right now...

Tell you what though...if Nadal can get the 4th set...I'd put it at 95% Nadal...

No way Stan can stay in it mentally while thinking, "How the hell is this guy still standing?!"

Maybe 5%

His serve is 90mph...Stan will start pouncing all over it soon...he's just a bit rattled and out of sorts right now...

Maybe 5%

Back spasms are dicey. Can turn on a dime. He went through the worst of it and is winning this set. 20% seems about right.

What's funny is Nadal is having to go back to his original serve...that thing that barely made it near 100mph...kicks up and does funny things.

Problem is...he doesn't have the back to run down the returns and subsequent shots like he did when he was younger...

Maybe 5%

Maybe 5%

Back spasms are dicey. Can turn on a dime. He went through the worst of it and is winning this set. 20% seems about right.
True...but serve still shows he's not "back" yet.

Until he hits 115mph...he's still just plucking and using some cagey old school stuff to make it work.

Maybe 5%

Maybe 5%

True...but serve still shows he's not "back" yet.

Until he hits 115mph...he's still just plucking and using some cagey old school stuff to make it work.
Winning this set could get the adrenaline flowing. Big game.

I really thought it would take the 4th set to Nadal to make Stan crack but he's chirping to himself and snapping already before losing this 3rd set.

I can't believe Nadal won that set with that trash serve and the inability to really move and stretch the court. All placement and spin on his shots...amazing.

Nadal looking a lot better...still not able to run from end to end but he's digging in and his shoes are screeching from time to time.

Nadal has completely mind ####ed Wawrinka. The guy is just spraying shots all over the place.

This is like watching that French guy in the British Open years ago just fall apart over the last few holes.

I dont get the angle on these "but at least i was on sportscenter" commercials.

Pulling for a 5th set over here, still have a couple beers left to drink tonight

Just saw Nadal sprint and stretch for one...

He looks like he's probably 90% normal...

This could get interesting...hoping for a 5th set...

Problem is...Nadal's shots are still landing short and allowing Stan to crank on them.

Federer needs to be taking notes here if he wants to have any chance of winning again
What notes? Hope that Nadal has a back spasm or other injury? That's the only way Fed will ever beat him again.
I meant he needs to channel some of this fight Nadal is showing when the going gets tough.
Definitely...but we're talking about one of the greatest competitors ever.

What's a real trip though is how Nadal is so fearful in real life...and borderline OCD...

Congrats to Stanimal.

Nadal with one of the grittiest performances I've seen in a long while...I appreciated the effort and not just forfeiting...

Users who are viewing this thread