Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Master of Past and Present

2017 Tennis - Djokovic out, Murray out, Predictability out

although as I type that, i see Gulbis is up a set and a break on Byrdych... nice run for that guy, although I suspect Djoker will promptly end that run in the next round.

I hope Nole wins this tournament.. having 3 active players that have won all 4 majors is both cool and speaks to the homogenization of the surfaces.

He's still not quite in Djokovic's league, but you can see the improvement from Raonic.

Would like to see Bouchard take out Sharapova but have the feeling we are headed to an Errani- Sharapova final that will be screech-tastic. Routing for Bouchard-Halep.

Edited by Master of Past and Present

He's still not quite in Djokovic's league, but you can see the improvement from Raonic.

Seems like the type of guy who will win some Masters 1000 tournaments on hard courts someday in the next year or 2

Nice to see a couple Canadian's moving up the rankings but seems that Bouchard has more potential to really make a mark on the women's side.

Late start due to rain today help by women each going 2 sets. After Nadal-Ferrer spilt first two sets with score of 6-4, looked like it would be impossible they finished today but Nadal wins 12 of 13 games to win in 4.

On the other side Murray had Monfils 6-4, 6-1 and seemed like he would beat the light easy. Oops, Monfils takes the next two sets with the same scores and now they start the 5th with little light. Murray is mad they are starting the 5th.

Even aside from the whole farthest a Canadian has advanced thing, this Bouchard/Sharapova match is very, um, entertaining. Going to 3rd set. :DIH:

wish i could watch (muted, of course) but have to work :(

Even aside from the whole farthest a Canadian has advanced thing, this Bouchard/Sharapova match is very, um, entertaining. Going to 3rd set. :DIH:

I could watch these two play for days.

Not sure what is more annoying about radio coverage between Sharapova's yells or the obsessive desire of the radio team to pat their own backs by reading tweets/e-mails thanking them for their commentary.

She sounds like she's trying to force out a stubborn turd on every shot.

Not sure what is more annoying about radio coverage between Sharapova's yells or the obsessive desire of the radio team to pat their own backs by reading tweets/e-mails thanking them for their commentary.

I can't watch Sharapova any more - her screeching has become unbearable.

I can't watch Sharapova any more - her screeching has become unbearable.

Yup. I deliberately avoided the final because of it.

That last thing Djokovic wants is ANOTHER close-up slow-mo shot of his spittle/upchuck/reflux/whatever on the tele.

That last thing Djokovic wants is ANOTHER close-up slow-mo shot of his spittle/upchuck/reflux/whatever on the tele.

Shame he got weak/sick whatever. I woke up at 6am hoping for an epic.

Djokavic breaks back while Nadal hurts his back. This could still go five.

Djokavic breaks back while Nadal hurts his back. This could still go five.

Well... no.

Just caught up like 5 minutes ago on DVR. Certainly not the best match these two produced, lots of errors after the first two sets. Granted when they play one another they really have to go for more or risk being run all around the court.

Feel bad for Djokovic, at 27 he's probably got 2 more great shots at this before age makes it a lot harder. And the way he's played Rafa, no one deserves more to hand him his second loss than him.

Haven't been in the FFA in a few weeks, just stopped by to congratulate Rafa. I know he posts here.

An under played story line I think has been the fact Nadal has a complete set of championship trophies at the majors but since he's never come in second at the French, he is still short the runner-up trophy for that complete set. One of these years he needs to suck it up and take a loss so his trophy room looks complete.

:P

An under played story line I think has been the fact Nadal has a complete set of championship trophies at the majors but since he's never come in second at the French, he is still short the runner-up trophy for that complete set. One of these years he needs to suck it up and take a loss so his trophy room looks complete.

That's pretty cool...nice find.

Draw is out. Djokovic gets the top seed and has Tsonga and Berdych in his quarter, pretty good tests if those guys are serving well.

Murray is in the top half and bumped up to the 3 seed, Dimitrov and Ferrer highlight his quarter.

Federer is the 4 and gets Wawrinka, Isner, and Janowicz.

Nadal is the 2 and gets Raonic and Nishikori. But since grass hasn't been kind lately, maybe should say he has Klizan in the first and Paire/Rosol in the second.

Another edge Federer has.. he has the full set of trophies from both slams

Before the year some thought Serena could win the Grand Slam and now she's an US Open loss from being blanked.

:bye:

I'll hold out my thoughts on Serena until after the US Open... but it's really starting to look like she's finally losing some steam... but she is the defending champ at the US open.. so I'll wait... Serena is such an enigma that she could have had a horrible season... then will destroy the USO and could go into the Aussie '15 as a favorite again.

Middle Sunday being off has to be in the running for dumbest tradition that hurts a sport. One, Sundays are great viewing days for M-F work people obviously. Two, rain on the Saturday means some people are going to have to win 5 matches or 4 plus finish a 5th match in a week time.

Edited by Master of Past and Present

Eugenie might reach another semi. She is going to be dominant for a while I think. Should get her first major by the end of next year, then a bunch to follow.

Before the year some thought Serena could win the Grand Slam and now she's an US Open loss from being blanked.

:bye:

I'll hold out my thoughts on Serena until after the US Open... but it's really starting to look like she's finally losing some steam... but she is the defending champ at the US open.. so I'll wait... Serena is such an enigma that she could have had a horrible season... then will destroy the USO and could go into the Aussie '15 as a favorite again.

Sometimes I think losing is the only thing that really motivates her.

Middle Sunday being off has to be in the running for dumbest tradition that hurts a sport. One, Sundays are great viewing days for M-F work people obviously. Two, rain on the Saturday means some people are going to have to win 5 matches or 4 plus finish a 5th match in a week time.

Agree. Terrible. There is absolutely not a single benefit I can think of

Anyone else think the top half of the women's QF (Bouchard-Kerber, Halep-Lisicki) is light years more interesting than than the bottom (Safarova-Makarova, Kvitova-Zahlavova Strycova)?

It is women's tennis, none of it is interesting

Have to admire Sharapova's effort, can't be easy to have a baby and play a match at the same time. Can't someone get her some pain killers?

she's pregnant?

This Kyrigos guy has now taken a 2nd set off of Rafa and has a 2-1 lead.

Is this the day the tournament is saved?

this 19 y.o. guy is BALLIN' through this tournament

Watching this match in the office as well. Big upset in the making.

Kyrigos leads 4-1 in the 4th set.

WatchESPN is great.

I'm loving this!

Serena didnt look that great today

Not really a big upset, Nadal has looked vulnerable here (this year and past couple) and this was the kind of player that can make a run getting hot with a serve.

Raonic-Kyrgios is unwatchable, going to be watching ball boys/girls run around collecting balls than any decent points. Ace, unreturned, ace, error, send balls over unreturned, error, ace, ace, switch ends, rinse and repeat. :sleep:

Murray-Dimitrov and Federer-Warwrinka should be fun though.

5-2 now in set 4.

Kyrgios serving up 15 love.

Nadal looks done right now.

Triple Match Point.

And it's over on a an ace.

Edited by Todem

Fantastic result... this Wimbledon is shaking up to be a great tournament.. Serena out, Sharapova out, Nadal out

Really from here on out there is nothing but good things that can happen

• Like 1

Wonder how Venus felt watching that circus when she hasn't made a scene like that over her sjogren syndrome that her sister did over a virus.

WTH was wrong with her?

Wonder how Venus felt watching that circus when she hasn't made a scene like that over her sjogren syndrome that her sister did over a virus.

WTH was wrong with her?

Some viral illness is all I've heard.

WTH was wrong with her?

Some viral illness is all I've heard.

That scene was ridiculous.

Fantastic result... this Wimbledon is shaking up to be a great tournament.. Serena out, Sharapova out, Nadal out

I like the cut of your jib.