What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Carlos Hyde, JAC (1 Viewer)

Hyde looked kind of plodding to me but man if the OL is going to blow the DL 5 yards off the line of scrimmage then yeah Hyde is going to do really well this year.

Hyde looked kind of plodding to me but man if the OL is going to blow the DL 5 yards off the line of scrimmage then yeah Hyde is going to do really well this year.
Don't give me that **** he looked awesome!!!!

Big and fast....

You can't have it both ways - say that you are "hearing all of these good reports about Jordan Matthews" and totally disregard how Hyde looked in an actual game on that 1st drive.

C'Monnnnn Man...

Last edited by a moderator:
'Smith Sr." on the jersey. Love it.

Edit: Oops, sorry. Felt like the game thread there for a minute. :bag:

Don't give me that **** he looked awesome!!!!

Big and fast....

You can't have it both ways - say that you are "hearing all of these good reports about Jordan Matthews" and totally disregard how Hyde looked in an actual game on that 1st drive.

C'Monnnnn Man...
lol one doesn't have anything to do with the other. He looked plodding but if that line is going to man handle everybody like that then Hyde is going to be running downhill a lot and he's going to be awesome doing it.

Jordan Matthews = Jerry Rice. Literally. Should be going 1.01 in fantasy drafts. But yeah, Hyde's numbers look respectable IMO.

I remember Ryan Williams looked awesome in his first pre-season action too vs Green Bay....

Until his knee cap ended up in his thigh.....

When did this board become such a troll haven? You have guys get banned for calling them out because they are so ridiculous you might as well personally attack their atrocious posts... Or worse you snap on a good poster who just happens to disagree with you.... Jerry Rice, Jesus.

For every ALMO there are probably more flops but I think the moral of the story is to analyze preseason performances on a case by case basis.

Milkman said:
Same thought crossed my mind. Looked a little slow to me. Still expect him to do really well, but I hope I see more explosion from him.

For what it's worth, which probably isn't much in these forums, I really do value Jordan Matthews through the roof. I mean, right through that sucker. But this is a Hyde thread so I will excuse myself from it permanently and find a stage with fewer tomatoes! Life is great!

Rotoworld:

Rookie Carlos Hyde was the 49ers' starting tailback in Thursday night's preseason opener against the Ravens, rushing five times for 39 yards.

31-year-old Frank Gore was resting. Hyde's best run came on a perfectly-blocked seal off left tackle, gaining 19 yards. FB Bruce Miller led the way. On the very next play, the 49ers gave it to Hyde on a draw out of the shotgun. He also made an impressive blitz pickup in the shotgun formation, protecting Colin Kaepernick. It isn't as if the 49ers are deep at tailback with Gore in street clothes, but we do like to see Hyde playing in shotgun sets because he was an inconsistent pass protector at Ohio State. If Gore gets hurt or breaks down, Hyde could emerge as a borderline RB1, particularly in non-PPR leagues.

Aug 7 - 8:35 PM

SameSongNDance said:
For every ALMO there are probably more flops but I think the moral of the story is to analyze preseason performances on a case by case basis.
A welcome face to the SP, good to see you.

And Hyde's a beast just waiting for Gore to finally croak. And I love Gore but that OL is made to blow holes open and RBs to capitalize which will eventually help that anemic passing game become more prolific. My take.

I couldn't watch the game. How big a bump in dynasty for him ?
What RB is going 1st overall now? I would assume no higher than about 4th or 5th depending on the league make up. I don't see Hyde as a big threat receiving, he could develop into 1,200 yd, 10 TD guy if he can get goal line work but there is some ceiling with him in PPR leagues IMO.

He's still a first round pick in rookie drafts or he should be but yeah all this showed is that the 49ers line looks good. Hyde looked slow to me.

Nothing about this game warrants any sort of bump.... Nothing at all.
He's still a first round pick in rookie drafts or he should be but yeah all this showed is that the 49ers line looks good. Hyde looked slow to me.
Hyde looked very impressive!
Tough to tell. Not sure if everyone knows but you can order re-runs of all the preseason games on your computer, like $20 thru NFL.com and then you can watch the games and weigh in. Some think he looked slow, I thought he had big holes but he is not a super speed back to my knowledge, assume he will be a battering ram type. Emmitt Smith wasn't the fastest guy but he could sure follow blocks and break tackles when need be. Hyde is no Smith but just offering some perspective.

You hear the announcer in the NFL studio emphasize the blocking over anything spectacular that Hyde did. That said, I think it's possible the Niners' OL might supply him with a few more opportunities over the regular season ;)

Having a spectacular OL that gets the credit over his talent for the majority of his runs does not deter me in any way from wanting to draft him. I like situations over talent many times.

Being patient and allowing the blocks to take shape is not a bad thing.

Users who are viewing this thread