What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fantasy Baseball Podcasts 2014 (1 Viewer)

ebsteelers

Footballguy
What podcasts do you guys listen to, to get ready for the season?

I know their is a lot of good football wants out their, but now I am looking for some baseball ones to get ready for the season.

Thanks in Advance.

Few of the baseball podcasts that I listen to are active now. Effectively Wild is still active daily, and that one is pretty solid.

I like Keith Law's and Buster Olney's baseball podcasts, but they are not updating regularly now.

ESPN Fantasy Focus Baseball (also not active) is best that I've found dedicated to fantasy, but I don't really like it (too much annoying schtick and special effects).

Last edited by a moderator:
Baseball HQ Radio is my favorite. I haven't started listening to it yet, but Rotowire launched one this winter called Short Hops Podcast. They have a former baseball scout as one of the hosts.

My favourite baseball related podcast is Productive Outs but it's not fantasy related at all.

I actually like the CBS fantasy baseball podcast a lot. The towers of power podcast was good to, but not sure it's status with the changes at BP and Collette not being there anymore.

There really aren't many good ones. Fantasy Focus is nearly all shtick with little useful info. I think Berry and Ravitz are both gone though, so maybe it improves.

CBS is pretty terrible. They desperately want to be ESPN and model themselves after Fantasy Focus, but it's a long, messy effort with lots of random facts thrown around. The personalities are forgettable.

Baseball HQ is a little more serious. It often suffers from being too rigid. The production quality is just so-so as they haven't really moved out of Patrick Davitt's basement. I also can't stand Matt Beagle who sounds like a 12 year old and offers similarly juvenile insights.

There's a lot of room for improvement.

yeah i listened the fantasy focus for football and just seemed like of annoying

thanks for the info guys, will start checking them out over the next few months.

Baseball HQ is a little more serious. It often suffers from being too rigid. The production quality is just so-so as they haven't really moved out of Patrick Davitt's basement. I also can't stand Matt Beagle who sounds like a 12 year old and offers similarly juvenile insights.
You clearly haven't listened in a while. I can't remember the last time I heard Beagle on one of the podcasts.

You clearly haven't listened in a while. I can't remember the last time I heard Beagle on one of the podcasts.
It has been a while. He was tragic.

So far the 2 new BP podcasts (TINO and FFF) have been OK. Both just started recently - TINO (there is no offseason) is more dynasty focused and FFF (flags fly forever) is kind of the replacement for Towers of Power.

Going to check out the rotowire one since I am still struggling to find one I really love, other than the very sporadic Fringe Average, which isn't fantasy specific but is really enjoyable.

So far the 2 new BP podcasts (TINO and FFF) have been OK. Both just started recently - TINO (there is no offseason) is more dynasty focused and FFF (flags fly forever) is kind of the replacement for Towers of Power.

Going to check out the rotowire one since I am still struggling to find one I really love, other than the very sporadic Fringe Average, which isn't fantasy specific but is really enjoyable.
:thumbup:

Thanks for the TINO recommendation. So far I like it

:thumbup:

Thanks for the TINO recommendation. So far I like it
It's still early but so far I am liking TINO better than FFF.

The rotowire one has been very interesting so far too.

Fantasy Focus with Cockroft and Karabell is brutal. I realize the industry is filled with nerds, but these two engage in on-air LARPing.

Apparently there's a new fantasy focus podcast with Karabell and Cockcroft (supposedly more stats geeky stuff, less nonsense)? Anyone listened?

Apparently there's a new fantasy focus podcast with Karabell and Cockcroft (supposedly more stats geeky stuff, less nonsense)? Anyone listened?
It's not "new." It's ESPN's Fantasy Focus that had Berry and Ravitz previously.

As bad as Berry was, he's actually much more listenable than these two clowns. Cockroft is the biggest dork in fantasy (which is an achievement) and Karabell treats the show like he's doing it as some cruel punishment.

Cockcroft is awful.

I started listening to a show called Baseball Professors. I've give it a couple of tries and will keep going - its so so.

As bad as Berry was, he's actually much more listenable than these two clowns. Cockroft is the biggest dork in fantasy (which is an achievement) and Karabell treats the show like he's doing it as some cruel punishment.
Scott White says hello

Scott White says hello
He is pretty bad, but not as bad.

I just about spit out my beer when White said he majored in broadcast journalism.

Scott White says hello
He is pretty bad, but not as bad.

I just about spit out my beer when White said he majored in broadcast journalism.
:lmao:

missed that.

I think Scott White might have a condition. His halting style...

.. I can't put my finger on it.

You know it's bad when his co-hosts finish his sentences.

I would like CBS or ESPN if these idiots would stop the stupid sound effects and laughing for a third of the show. I liked ESPN better than CBS at first, but now I think CBS actually covers more info. The reason ESPN and CBS are attractive is because they talk about roster trends specific to their databases, which makes them desirable. Eric Karabel can't even pronounce players names right, and his fantasy football advice is terrible so ESPN might be the odd man out with me.

I like Baseball HQ the best overall but TINO is more up my ally since I am deep keeper centric. Problem with TINO is they are very proprietary with the info, and you have to have a BP paid account to really understand all the disseminated information. Plus these guys are dropping f-bombs and playing grab ### with each other, they must all be 22.

I'm trying Fangraphs podcast next.

Guys, listen to the Rotowire Fantasy Baseball Pod. /discussion. On Sticher/Itunes etc etc. There's a new one out daily pretty much. Its a mix of about 4-5 different analysts they rotate around, they all bring you real strategy, real analysis, legit fantasy discussion. Are they those weasel donks on CBS/ESPN trying to beat you over the head with their ridiculous humor/antics that only they find funny? No, but thats a good thing. Give it a listen though, you'll enjoy it. BTW, its focused more so towards ROTO leagues so there u go..

I would like CBS or ESPN if these idiots would stop the stupid sound effects and laughing for a third of the show. I liked ESPN better than CBS at first, but now I think CBS actually covers more info. The reason ESPN and CBS are attractive is because they talk about roster trends specific to their databases, which makes them desirable. Eric Karabel can't even pronounce players names right, and his fantasy football advice is terrible so ESPN might be the odd man out with me.

I like Baseball HQ the best overall but TINO is more up my ally since I am deep keeper centric. Problem with TINO is they are very proprietary with the info, and you have to have a BP paid account to really understand all the disseminated information. Plus these guys are dropping f-bombs and playing grab ### with each other, they must all be 22.

Just listened for the first time earlier this week and it was pretty good.

I listed to Baseball professors every day (well it comes out Mon-Fri). http://www.baseballprof.com/category/profcasts/

I like it a lot. Mostly peripheral stat oriented. On Fridays, about half of it is devoted to prospects.

I listed to Baseball professors every day (well it comes out Mon-Fri). http://www.baseballprof.com/category/profcasts/

I like it a lot. Mostly peripheral stat oriented. On Fridays, about half of it is devoted to prospects.
Ok, gonna try that one out along with the Rotowire one. I am about to start commuting one hour each way to work so I'd like as many good ones as possible. Thanks.

The fangraphs one is pretty :nerd: oriented, the two guys are very sharp and to the point. I like this one quite a bit based on 1.5 shows.

Man this one talks A LOT about pitchers. I did like the second half that dealt with dynasty leagues and prospects.

Guys, listen to the Rotowire Fantasy Baseball Pod. /discussion.
They said they loved "Polanco's package" like 10 times. Other than that it was decent, I'll give both of these additional listens.

Baseball HQ, TINO, and Fangraphs seem like the top three for me though. Baseball Professors seems to have some fine points also.

I guess the best thing about Baseball Professors is that it is daily, which I like a lot. The others are just once or twice a week, it seems.

I will have to try TINO and Baseball HQ, though. I'd like to mix in some other stuff, especially on the weekends.

Users who are viewing this thread