What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official NFC Championship Thread: Seahawks v 49ers*** (1 Viewer)

Who wins?

• Total voters

Doctor Detroit

Please remove your headgear
Keep it clean, try to make some sense. Seahawks open as four point favorites, and have beat the 49ers handily in Seattle the past two times they've played there. 49ers also the second to last team to win in Seattle, and have beat the Seahawks four times the past three years.

You like defense and physical play? Then this is your game. :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone but Sweeney, lets discuss like gentlemen...

SF has gotten destroyed in Seattle the last two seasons.

As a fan I hope they can pull it off, putting aside my love for the 49ers, Seattle looks unbeatable at home... That AZ game was an anomaly!

Sets up to be a great game.

Seattle needs to play better on offense...but that defense can cover up when they are not clicking. Will be interesting to see how both teams run the ball in that game and how much will be on the shoulders of both QBs.

SF needs to clean up their play...can't rely on the refs making some questionable calls to help them out. Kaepernick has to play under control...Seattle won't drop the INTs that Green Bay did.

SF is peaking big time. Going to be such a great atmosphere, pretty sure it is the later game that day so plenty of time to party up before the game.

Seattle: 24

SF: 23

For myself and all of my non-fbg 49er friends and coworkers, we're nervous about playing in Seattle.

Looking forward to an exciting week of buildup, and hopefully the minority of SF and Seattle trolls on this board don't muck it up for the rest of us.

Excited that the 49ers have made it this far 3 consecutive seasons.

As a football fan I'm happy to see the NFC's two best teams play in the championship game.
Yup. I think everybody that isn't a fan of another NFC playoff team wanted this one.
Yup. Even folks like me who hate both teams want to see this game.
Reminds me back in the day when everyone hated the Cowboys and 49ers but wanted to see them play. I just always hated the Cowboys a little more.

Go Seahawks, but the 49ers are scary. They've lost 2 since week 4 by a total of 4 points (Panthers, Saints).

They're rolling

As a football fan I'm happy to see the NFC's two best teams play in the championship game.
Yup. I think everybody that isn't a fan of another NFC playoff team wanted this one.
Yup. Even folks like me who hate both teams want to see this game.
Reminds me back in the day when everyone hated the Cowboys and 49ers but wanted to see them play. I just always hated the Cowboys a little more.
Well, now I hate the Niners a bit more. Mainly because R Wilson spent a year playing for the Badgers. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
SF can't afford to get off to a slow start like they did in ATL last year during the NFC Championship! Falling behind in Seattle is game over, there is no coming back from that.

I think his personality is awesome and if people have a problem with that, #### them. I say this as a non-49er fan. I live in SF so I root for them when I can, but they are not my first team. Harbaugh rules.

I think his personality is awesome and if people have a problem with that, #### them. I say this as a non-49er fan. I live in SF so I root for them when I can, but they are not my first team. Harbaugh rules.
The funniest thing I heard on Bay Area Radio after the Green Bay Game was "The temperature at game time was frostier than a Jim Harbaugh press conference."

And that was from the local media. :lmao:

it's interesting, I get the feeling that the prevailing thought is that the 49ers are clicking on offense, yet they scored what, 23 last week against a pretty mediocre GB defense in conditions that I would say were more conducive to passing than what was in SEA yesterday, and then another 23 today against admittedly a top 5 DEF. Seattle scores 23 against a very good NO defense that played as well yesterday than I have ever seen them play - and everyone says they are struggling offensively. I'll be the first to admit Seattle needs to get their passing game going again, but I don't think they are struggling as much as everyone thinks. It seemed pretty obvious to me they set out from the start to make their hay on the ground yesterday and then mix it up on 3 and short. they missed on a lot of those.

If they play the same game they did yesterday against the 49ers, I think they win. SEA defense was smothering yesterday for 3 quarters. They let the Saints make a game of it in the end but mostly because of a couple of dropped / deflected INTs.

SF can't afford to get off to a slow start like they did in ATL last year during the NFC Championship! Falling behind in Seattle is game over, there is no coming back from that.
I agree with this. But earlier in the season I complimented Seattle because they were winning close, gritty games and that would make them dangerous in the playoffs.

Which is exactly what the 49ers have done in the past 4 weeks. But they've got to keep it close.

NO fell behind 16-0 and almost pulled it off.
Not really. Seattle controlled the entire game, having 15 seconds to score eight points in the 4th quarter with 55 yards to go is not "almost" pulling it off. If you think it is, then the Panthers almost pulled off the game today.

I don't care who wins as long as they take down NE (assuming they get there). Nothing more than a hunch but I think the Niners win.

Not really. Seattle controlled the entire game, having 15 seconds to score eight points in the 4th quarter with 55 yards to go is not "almost" pulling it off. If you think it is, then the Panthers almost pulled off the game today.
Yea...not to take away from NO being in the game at the end. But it did take a two hawks tipping a 50+ yard pass to Meachem and Golden Tate coughing up the onsides kick.

Doesn't matter what the circumstances were. Point is they were close enough to pulling it off to make a statement like "SF cant afford to get off to a slow start" incorrect. SF had a slow start the last 2 games and did just fine. If they keep SEA under 20 points which is perfectly doable, they have a legit shot.

I hope the Niners can keep it close. Blowouts are boring.
My concern as well. Seattle is so solid, they have great fans and the best homefield advantage in sports....I just hope we can keep within 20 of the mighty Hawks.

Hawks 38

49ers 13

Sweeney/drummer will have 7 pages themselves.

Two great teams who absolutely hate each other in an incredible atmosphere for a trip to the Super Bowl.....as a football fan in general with no dog in the fight Im delighted. Hoping for an instant classic....

Here's some fuel for the fire...

Harbaugh was gifted much of his team from previous management. Carroll built his entire team from scratch.

Am I wrong?

As much as I'd like it to happen, I really don't think this is going to be another Seattle blowout. I think SF has a great chance to win. I'm worried.

Harbaugh was gifted much of his team from previous management. Carroll built his entire team from scratch.

Am I wrong?
Gotta give Harbaugh and the SF GM credit for the offensive personnel, bringing in Boldin was genius and drafting Kaep so late was as well.

But Carroll has done an amazing job, no doubt.

Am I wrong?
Yet they were a sub 500 team with the previous coaching regime... Give him the credit he deserves!!! First 3 seasons, 3 NFC Championship games.

This is exactly the kind of football I like to watch. Disciplined teams that play hard nosed. I don't care for either coach to be honest but love Wilson, Gore, Willis, Bowman, and of course Beast Mode.

So amped for this game as a Niner fan. It will be tough to win in Seattle, but this is the matchup that everyone wanted and deserved in NFC Championship. Bit of a win-win for niner fans I think. If we win, we beat Seattle to get to SB. If we lose, then Kaep, Crabtree, and/or Aldon Smith will be cheaper to extend.

Am I wrong?
Gotta give Harbaugh and the SF GM credit for the offensive personnel, bringing in Boldin was genius and drafting Kaep so late was as well.

But Carroll has done an amazing job, no doubt.
Second round is late?
Gabbert, Locker, Ponder, and Dalton went before him. So yes, late 2nd round is late for getting a QB that has taken you to a Super Bowl and an NFC Championship in his two years as a starter.

The winner of this game should be favored to win the superbowl. I could see both Brady and Manning having serious issues with either of these 2 defenses. I'll be in Vegas (probably drunk off my ###) for this game. My friend (big Seahawks fan) is already paying me to not bet on the Seahawks. I guess he's afraid of my 1-12 record in sports betting :oldunsure:

Users who are viewing this thread