What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (13 Viewers)

I can't think of any particular reason to do it that way. Maybe it's chronological in the timeline but I can't think of anything you'd gain by it.  

I'd just go:
Daredevil 1
Jessica 1
Daredevil 2
Luke Cage 
Iron Fist
Defenders
Punisher
Jessica 2.

As I mentioned, Claire is present in all of them.  I joke that if someone were to ask what the Netflix Marvel series are about, I'd start with, "well, there's this nurse..."    
She's not in JJ2, and I don't remember her being in Punisher. 

I'll give you mad props if you can.
If I stay as busy as I am right now, it's a possibility. My weekend? Up at 6:45 to get the fam down to the St. Patty's parade, then home by one to put the baby down for a nap and I took a nap so I could stay up till three as I had server patching for my day job starting at midnight that lasted till 3:15 then sleep till about 10:30 in and around various things waking me up every couple of hours during that time. Off to run errands for a few hours, then watch about an hour of basketball before I had to break in a new grill for a client and not only practice on it but do a Live broadcast in front of 4,800 people before hopping on a video conference with a potential new client in Australia at 9:00 pm then work for one of my side jobs till close to 1:00 am then up at 7 to take the kids to school.

And while keeping this pace up might get me till the end of April without seeing the trailer, it might also kill me. 

If I stay as busy as I am right now, it's a possibility. My weekend? Up at 6:45 to get the fam down to the St. Patty's parade, then home by one to put the baby down for a nap and I took a nap so I could stay up till three as I had server patching for my day job starting at midnight that lasted till 3:15 then sleep till about 10:30 in and around various things waking me up every couple of hours during that time. Off to run errands for a few hours, then watch about an hour of basketball before I had to break in a new grill for a client and not only practice on it but do a Live broadcast in front of 4,800 people before hopping on a video conference with a potential new client in Australia at 9:00 pm then work for one of my side jobs till close to 1:00 am then up at 7 to take the kids to school.

And while keeping this pace up might get me till the end of April without seeing the trailer, it might also kill me. 
Ah...a fellow IT guy.  I feel your pain...minus the kids

Ah...a fellow IT guy.  I feel your pain...minus the kids
Stupid patching. We have the tools in house to do it automagically, but we have our own little fiefdom inside the overall IT structure so we don't get access to those tools and have to do it manually. 6 times a year between me and another guy. So I'm up again in mid July. Hopefully the side hustle will soon take off even more and I don't need the main hustle anymore. 

@NewlyRetired

For Runaways it is more of a standalone, although my understanding is it is part of the MCU.  BUT I dont recall any references to anything else in the MCU.

I think for the Netflix just wanting in release order is enough but let us know how it works out if you follow the breakdown you noted.

B Maverick said:
There are some inaccuracies in the breakdown but overall it was interesting to me.

:banned: Been loving the shows too so I thought it was a nice rundown
I love Shield but that was the only one I watched so far.  I started Daredevil this week and I am very pleased with the quality of the show so far.

Currently watching the Punisher. Only 3 episodes in. Need to watch Jessica Jones season 2 next. Have not seen Cloak & Dagger. Everything else I've seen.

It looks good except I heard the Ant & the Wasp is set befor Infinity War
The people who maintain these timelines wait until a movie is released and then update once they know for sure.

Of course a lot of this work is kind of up in the air because Marvel has not definitively released a time line, which I believe is being delayed because of the "8 years later" paradox that Spiderman Homecoming created.    Had they just made that one line "5 years later", the timeline would be in better condition.

Feige has hemmed and hawed about this issue, not wanting to admit a mistake but it clutters things up for those geeks like myself who care about this stuff.

The people who maintain these timelines wait until a movie is released and then update once they know for sure.

Of course a lot of this work is kind of up in the air because Marvel has not definitively released a time line, which I believe is being delayed because of the "8 years later" paradox that Spiderman Homecoming created.    Had they just made that one line "5 years later", the timeline would be in better condition.

Feige has hemmed and hawed about this issue, not wanting to admit a mistake but it clutters things up for those geeks like myself who care about this stuff.
i watched spider-man but dont' remember the 8 years thing

i watched spider-man but dont' remember the 8 years thing
it is at the very beginning of the movie.

The movie starts in the direct after math of the 2012 Avengers movie in the clean up.  Adrian Toomes finds he is being driven out of business and decides to keep any technology he found in the clean up to himself.

The movie then jumps in time with a large screen splash of 8 YEARS LATER.  It occurs at the 4 minute mark of the movie.

check the 3:26 mark of this clip to see it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW4Xi7e7yAY

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Shield but that was the only one I watched so far.  I started Daredevil this week and I am very pleased with the quality of the show so far.
:thumbup:

Looks like this could be good too, but I am not expecting much more then Inhumans, Runaways or Agent Carter levels.  I enjoyed each to various degrees but none reached the Netflix group's levels or Shield.

Marvel needs to somehow move Ghost Rider from Shield to his own show on Netflix.  After typing this a google search says the comics have the Punisher become Ghost Rider.  There you go! 

Why do you guys like Ragnarok so much?  It was just ok and seemed forced to me. 
For me it was just fun.  Laughs, good music, some good comedy.  Kind of a throwback to a "comic book movie"

Black Panther felt more like a Bond Movie with Comic Book Characters.  Spiderman was teenage angst movie.  Loved all 3 for different reasons.

Why do you guys like Ragnarok so much?  It was just ok and seemed forced to me. 
Similar to GotG 2.  Both were way too over the top with the humor attempts to the point where they were basically Adam Sandler movies, compared to prior MCU movies that mostly nailed the perfect mix of well-timed humor.

B Maverick said:
For me it was just fun.  Laughs, good music, some good comedy.  Kind of a throwback to a "comic book movie"

Black Panther felt more like a Bond Movie with Comic Book Characters.  Spiderman was teenage angst movie.  Loved all 3 for different reasons.
buddy of mine owns a comic book store ...hes REALLY into this stuff...and he HATED that movie Ragnarok... with a passion....he said it was just one long running joke ...he likes some humor thrown in now and then but that movie thats all it was ....he said it could have been done so much better if they stayed true to the characters 

buddy of mine owns a comic book store ...hes REALLY into this stuff...and he HATED that movie Ragnarok... with a passion....he said it was just one long running joke ...he likes some humor thrown in now and then but that movie thats all it was ....he said it could have been done so much better if they stayed true to the characters 

Your buddy?

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3psxds

B Maverick said:

So much this. There might as well have been "Q-Branch" written all over the gear in the lab where the sister worked. "Dis is your old suit, 007, and dis is your new one."

And while I did get the 007 vibe from the movie, I still enjoyed it a great deal. 

Seems like the hardcore comic guys will always be this way with most of the movies.  I can understand why he says that.

I read them as a kid, know a lot of the characters but don't know every story line of every character, which I think is where most of us fall.  For me this was just a fun movie.  Not a big fan of Thor 1 and 2 and this one was good imo.

So much this. There might as well have been "Q-Branch" written all over the gear in the lab where the sister worked. "Dis is your old suit, 007, and dis is your new one."

And while I did get the 007 vibe from the movie, I still enjoyed it a great deal. 
As did I.  I love what Marvel has been doing, being able to give each movie a different feel.

Enjoyed Black Panther quite a bit.  Was not keen on the giant cave-and-rails at all. But otherwise was fun and different enough.

Couldn't believe how busy the theater was 6 weeks after release at 9pm on a Sunday.

Thankfully it was better in a comic-sense then that last Spider Man. 

Enjoyed Black Panther quite a bit.  Was not keen on the giant cave-and-rails at all. But otherwise was fun and different enough.

Couldn't believe how busy the theater was 6 weeks after release at 9pm on a Sunday.

Thankfully it was better in a comic-sense then that last Spider Man
The Tom Holland one? I don't know that I'd call it my favorite or even top 5 of the MCU (maybe) but we really enjoyed it.

The Tom Holland one? I don't know that I'd call it my favorite or even top 5 of the MCU (maybe) but we really enjoyed it.
Yeah, not getting this at all. Sure, I didn't really like how his spider suit was Iron Man light, but otherwise I thought it was fantastic. When Keaton opens the door. Wow!

I just hated the Iron Man suit on Spidey. And thought the fights were meh. Loved Holland and all the characters. The humor was top of the line. 

But I couldn't get over the annoyance of Spidey not being dialed in on spidey-sense and being in a Tony Stark Mark87 suit.  :wall:

I just hated the Iron Man suit on Spidey. And thought the fights were meh. Loved Holland and all the characters. The humor was top of the line. 

But I couldn't get over the annoyance of Spidey not being dialed in on spidey-sense and being in a Tony Stark Mark87 suit.  :wall:
This doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

First, I have no idea if spiders actually have any sort of Spidey senses. I know it's in the comics and everything but still, he doesn't actually have to have that ability.

That he wouldn't automatically have full use of his skills as he's learning isn't a problem at all. It's kind of refreshing.

Tony wasn't really needed in the movie but he's a benefactor and wants to use Parker to further his agenda. That was part of civil war and seems to continue in A IG. 

Overall those seem like really minor gripes compared to the great parts about the movie.

First, I have no idea if spiders actually have any sort of Spidey senses. I know it's in the comics and everything but still, he doesn't actually have to have that ability.

That he wouldn't automatically have full use of his skills as he's learning isn't a problem at all. It's kind of refreshing.

Tony wasn't really needed in the movie but he's a benefactor and wants to use Parker to further his agenda. That was part of civil war and seems to continue in A IG. 

Overall those seem like really minor gripes compared to the great parts about the movie.
I was good with Tony. And even him helping him with his "base suit". But the gadgets simply are like giving Thor rainbows instead of lightning.

The Spider-Man story doesn’t need iron man.  It was a 7.5 movie - but it was a 5 as a Spider-Man movie.

Users who are viewing this thread