What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (8 Viewers)

Marvel shuffles release schedule:

Black Widow release moved to May 7, 2021

Shang Chi on July 9, 2021

Eternals on Nov 5, 2021

what are your guesses on what we are seeing in the trailer? 

It feels like a dream....maybe something Vision conjures up at the same time Thanos is killing him......
You can go multiple ways with it, and without knowing what happens in the next Doctor Strange it makes it all guesswork.  My initial thought was this was Wanda breaking down like she did in the comics and creating a pocket dimension (perhaps unknowingly while in the thralls of depression) where she and Vision are a happy couple in the 50s.  You could see her in the trailer frustrated when she couldn't remember basic details of how they met.  This could be her realizing that what she is in isn't real.  So not necessarily a dream, but a whole other dimension where her body in our dimension is in stasis.  Not even sure how time flows in that dimension, so even though it looks like it is going on for a long time, perhaps it is just the few dying seconds when she is holding Vision.

Or perhaps this is Vision's vision :)  .  A young person like Wanda wouldn't be really overly familiar with 50s and 60s family sitcoms, so it would be weird for her to conjure that place.  Vision on the other hand is really just a walking AI Internet, and he would have access to everything that he would assume is the idyllic family situation.  The lady at the end (Kathryn Hahn I think) telling him that he is dead could also be a clue that he is the one who has conjured this "dimension" or world.  So if it is Vision, perhaps it is more akin to the dream analogy you referenced.

Of course with Dr. Strange about to likely have multiple timelines coming about, perhaps Wanda in her desperation goes to another timeline and grabs their Vision and things go awry.

That is a long way to answer the question as "I have no idea".  But I think it looks slickly produced and really different, so I'm excited. 

Marvel shuffles release schedule:

Black Widow release moved to May 7, 2021

Shang Chi on July 9, 2021

Eternals on Nov 5, 2021

Yep, here's their release on it.  I'm guessing they are looking at the box office numbers of Tenet and determining that people just aren't ready to go to the theaters yet.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/movies/black-widow-shang-chi-eternals-release-dates-2021?linkId=100314350
Yep 

It makes sense, might be the right move. But it sucks. Many of us would much rather see BW released on Disney+, but others want to see it on the big screen.  I doubt they've been able to get far into production for future movies so there would probably be a delay at some point anyway. 

But I think they're being optimistic still, if they think theaters will be packed in May. 

Its now official that just about everyone that has been in a Spider-man movie in the past will be in this one.

oh....and there is this
I will be so happy if Daredevil shows up in the Spidey movie...

Cancelling Daredevil was a travesty.  Getting Charlie Cox back as Daredevil is huge.  Pretty sure Vincent DiNofrio wants to come back as Kingpin.  OOOooo baby, big stuff coming for Spidey.

The cherry on top would be bringing Bernthal back as the Punisher.
With reports of the multiverse and Sinister Six, Spidey is going to need all the help he can get.  Daredevil? Punisher?  Perhaps a certain merc with a mouth who loves him some Spidey??

So much red suited nerdgasm potential.

are you kidding?  they may let it rest a couple years but black panther will return.  too many people liked it and it made alot of money.
Exactly. No way they pass on telling that story in another couple movies. That story makes too much money. I doubt they just replace him with a different actor. More likely they will shift it to an existing character (sister most likely). But even if they didn't do that, we are talking about a guy pretending to be a super hero. They will find someone else to pretend to be a super hero. That's what actors do. The movie was nominated for an Oscar, not a Nobel Peace Prize. 

With reports of the multiverse and Sinister Six, Spidey is going to need all the help he can get.  Daredevil? Punisher?  Perhaps a certain merc with a mouth who loves him some Spidey??

So much red suited nerdgasm potential.
This is going to happen at some point. A film or three with DP and Spidey together will be basically printing cash.

Exactly. No way they pass on telling that story in another couple movies. That story makes too much money. I doubt they just replace him with a different actor. More likely they will shift it to an existing character (sister most likely). But even if they didn't do that, we are talking about a guy pretending to be a super hero. They will find someone else to pretend to be a super hero. That's what actors do. The movie was nominated for an Oscar, not a Nobel Peace Prize. 
Reports are Shuri takes up the mantle.  

But BP is a lot like Ironman, the suit does a lot of the work but it can be anyone inside.  And I am sure there was a secret room in Wakanda with more of the flowers they use to grant the power to BP (the ones Killmonger burned) so the speed and strength can be passed on as well.  

This is going to happen at some point. A film or three with DP and Spidey together will be basically printing cash.
:goodposting:  

Daredevil and Silver Surfer were two of my faves growing up.  Charlie Cox was excellent.  They need to get him into the movies.

And I still hope we get some Silver Surfer once FF are introduced.

Reports are Shuri takes up the mantle.  

But BP is a lot like Ironman, the suit does a lot of the work but it can be anyone inside.  And I am sure there was a secret room in Wakanda with more of the flowers they use to grant the power to BP (the ones Killmonger burned) so the speed and strength can be passed on as well.  
They could transfer the power to someone else in about 20 seconds of video and a few minutes of an 80's montage training video. 

I would love it if Charlie Cox and Vincent reprise their roles (as well as Bernthal), those 3 were just top level.  So far these appear to be speculation rumors, but one can hold out hope. 

NewlyRetired said:
Looks like Rachel McAdams has signed on to join the Dr Strange Multiverse tv series to reprise her role.

https://deadline.com/2020/12/rachel-mcadams-doctor-strange-into-the-multiverse-1234651562/
This one is confirmed, but the Multiverse is the next Strange movie, not a TV series.

My pure speculation is that Black Panther will follow the comics and Shuri will pick up the mantle.  She said something on Twitter the other day and then it appeared the Disney PR reps got to her and said you need to stay low on this stuff.

This one is confirmed, but the Multiverse is the next Strange movie, not a TV series.
damn it, so many items I keep messing them up.

So Wandavision and Loki TV series will funnel into the Dr Strange Multiverse movie?
There are so many balls in the air I actually went to confirm before I posted, I thought I might have missed something :)  

Yes, the Wandavision series in particular is set to be tied closely to Multiverse.  The Loki series is more "one offs" in history, but could easily be tied to it as well.

There are so many balls in the air I actually went to confirm before I posted, I thought I might have missed something :)  

Yes, the Wandavision series in particular is set to be tied closely to Multiverse.  The Loki series is more "one offs" in history, but could easily be tied to it as well.
the Loki series would definitely be in a different universe since he was able to get the Space stone back and escape in End Game.  Wouldn't surprise me is he pops back in to the original MCU again to face his "good" version.  This one should be very fun.

the Loki series would definitely be in a different universe since he was able to get the Space stone back and escape in End Game.  Wouldn't surprise me is he pops back in to the original MCU again to face his "good" version.  This one should be very fun.
This is what I think too, but a different universe could get folded into the many universes in the multiverse, so I'm leaving the door open.

Really looking forward to both series.  I'll watch Hawkeye as well but I'm not as excited about it.  Never really cared for the character that much and Kate Bishop is also kinda meh.

This is what I think too, but a different universe could get folded into the many universes in the multiverse, so I'm leaving the door open.

Really looking forward to both series.  I'll watch Hawkeye as well but I'm not as excited about it.  Never really cared for the character that much and Kate Bishop is also kinda meh.
Hawkeye didn't get much development but after seeing him as Ronin his character development should sky rocket.  Its under the radar currently but I bet this series ends up being excellent.

Sorry, very MCU biased, not much I don't like.

Hawkeye didn't get much development but after seeing him as Ronin his character development should sky rocket.  Its under the radar currently but I bet this series ends up being excellent.

Sorry, very MCU biased, not much I don't like.
Oh I still like it, just not as excited about it as I am all the other projects.  Everything they've done has been top notch quality, which is really hard to believe over such an extended time period.

Not MCU, but my 11 year old has started to get into a bunch of the animated stuff on Disney +. She's only seen a couple of the movies so it might be time to do another run through. Also might try get them into the comics.

Not MCU, but my 11 year old has started to get into a bunch of the animated stuff on Disney +. She's only seen a couple of the movies so it might be time to do another run through. Also might try get them into the comics.
This adds so much more fun to me. My kids were 8 and 6 when Iron Man came out, and we've treated each release like an event.  They are in college now but will all still look forward to watching these movies together.  We've done the same with Star Wars and the Mandalorian, so hoping the Marvel TV shows will have the same draw to them.

Jesus, Disney is busy.

Here is The Falcon and the Winter Soldier trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVFZ6KoJGUE
The 3 Marvel series were in various stages of filming when the pandemic first hit. Both Falcon and Wanda were originally scheduled to already have been released by now, IIRC. Loki had just started filming when the pandemic hit. They released a very short snippet of Loki being interrogated or something way back at the beginning of the year. Edit: I think it was the Superbowl

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread