Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Corporation

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Sanity Prevails Spidey Back in MCU

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

8 MCU movies confirmed through the end of 2022. All untitled as of now. Any guesses?

Black Panther 2, Dr Strange 2, GotG 3, Captain Marvel 2 all seem like locks

Then there's Black Widow prequel, Eternals, Shang Chi.

Not sure what the last one would be. I have to admit, Im not too excited about any of those. Maybe the first 3 I listed but the rest all seem like movies I wont be catching in theaters.

Edited by shadyridr
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

8 MCU movies confirmed through the end of 2022. All untitled as of now. Any guesses?

Black Panther 2, Dr Strange 2, GotG 3, Captain Marvel 2 all seem like locks

Then there's Black Widow prequel, Eternals, Shang Chi.

Not sure what the last one would be. I have to admit, Im not too excited about any of those. Maybe the first 3 I listed but the rest all seem like movies I wont be catching in theaters.

I think there will be a spider-man 3 in there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

8 MCU movies confirmed through the end of 2022. All untitled as of now. Any guesses?

Black Panther 2, Dr Strange 2, GotG 3, Captain Marvel 2 all seem like locks

Then there's Black Widow prequel, Eternals, Shang Chi.

Not sure what the last one would be. I have to admit, Im not too excited about any of those. Maybe the first 3 I listed but the rest all seem like movies I wont be catching in theaters.

Captain American Falcon?

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Capella said:

I think there will be a spider-man 3 in there. 

It doesnt include Sony releases. An article I read suggested Ms Marvel rumored as the 8th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if they will do something to get Dr Strange a working Eye of Agomoto again now that there's no Time Stone in their timeline for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GregR said:

I wonder if they will do something to get Dr Strange a working Eye of Agomoto again now that there's no Time Stone in their timeline for it.

There is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GregR said:

I wonder if they will do something to get Dr Strange a working Eye of Agomoto again now that there's no Time Stone in their timeline for it.

It was returned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, apalmer said:

It was returned.

Not in their timeline (FYI this is why this whole time travel thing is stupid and confusing, just for discussions like this)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, apalmer said:

It was returned.

It was returned to the past where it was 'borrowed' from.   That past continued on down a different timeline.

There is no Time Stone in our timeline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have taken off another Deadpool sequel.  Not sure if this means Deadpool is dead.

IMO it's the only thing from Fox worth saving.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Buckychudd said:

They have taken off another Deadpool sequel.  Not sure if this means Deadpool is dead.

IMO it's the only thing from Fox worth saving.

Disney will PG13 it at some point with maybe an X-Men teammate. By then though Ryan Reynolds might start looking as old as real dead pool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Insein said:

By then though Ryan Reynolds might start looking as old as real dead pool.

With the de-aging CGI stuff plus the burned-skin make-up plus the Deadpool costume itself ... Reynolds (plus stuntmen) will be able to play Deadpool for a long, long time.

At some point ... they gotta fold in a saucy, but PG-13 Deadpool into the later MCU movies. The Deadpool & Spiderman team-ups in the comics have been fun. Tom Holland will need to grow up on screen a bit, though ... he can't come off as a scared kid and still credibly trade barbs with Reynold's Deadpool.

Keep in mind that the kids that have grown up on the MCU so far -- born in, say, the late 1990s through maybe 2006 or so -- will be ready for even a rated-R Deadpool by the time the MCU would likely be open to include Deadpool (probably 8-10 years from now).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Peak said:

yay?

Not a big fan of the JJ series.  Maybe it's the actress protraying her, or the storylines.  I liked Tenant as the Purple Man, but even he couldn't save JJ s1 in my eyes.  JJ s2 was not that engaging.  I can't imagine JJ s3 is going to be much better.  I think I'll pass on this one.

JJ s1 was good, s2 was bad.  

Curious to see how S3 plays out, who's the villain?  More Hellcat?

1 hour ago, shadyridr said:

I thought all the Marvel series on Netflix were cancelled. JJ S1 was my favorite. JJ S2 was dreadful.

I think this is the last one....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, shadyridr said:

I thought all the Marvel series on Netflix were cancelled. JJ S1 was my favorite. JJ S2 was dreadful.

They are, JJ season 3 just hadn't been released yet.

 

Unfortunately they are saying that there is a 2 year moratorium per the Netflix contract from Disney doing anything with the characters, not even development or even talking about developing something new. So don't expect to see anything Daredevil/IF/Cage/JJ/Punisher related for a long while. Maybe one or multiple characters might be relaunched on the big screen, but it would probably be at least 3~4 years from now before we'd see it.

Edited by Buckna
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hulu has announced a Ghost Rider series and a Helstrom series (not familiar with that one.) GR will have the same actor that played him in Agents of Shield but apparently have nothing to do with the AOS plotline or background that was established.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Buckna said:

Hulu has announced a Ghost Rider series and a Helstrom series (not familiar with that one.) GR will have the same actor that played him in Agents of Shield but apparently have nothing to do with the AOS plotline or background that was established.

The Robbie Reyes ghost rider from AOS was done really well, so I am looking forward to this coming. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

Captain American Falcon?

In the comics, he's known as CapAmFal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Thunderlips said:

In the comics, he's known as CapAmFal. 

I'm partial to CaAmAl Clutch. :shrug:

  • Like 3
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, shadyridr said:

I thought all the Marvel series on Netflix were cancelled. JJ S1 was my favorite. JJ S2 was dreadful.

They are. It was announced a few months ago that JJ was canceled, but as they had already shot season 3, it will still be released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Insein said:

Tenant made season 1. Killgrave is one of the best villains to be portrayed.

He was fantastic.  I liked season 2 as well but it was well beneath season 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked the Netflix series outside of Iron Fist, but I think I read from someone in Disney that the Netflix storylines were just too dark for what they wanted to do.  They were not going to continue them even if there wasn't a 2 year no compete.  I really enjoyed DareDevil so I hate to see it go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Corporation said:

I liked the Netflix series outside of Iron Fist, but I think I read from someone in Disney that the Netflix storylines were just too dark for what they wanted to do.  They were not going to continue them even if there wasn't a 2 year no compete.  I really enjoyed DareDevil so I hate to see it go.

Yea that's a shame. They were dark but they did it right unlike the DC show Titans that is just trying to be edgy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Corporation said:

I liked the Netflix series outside of Iron Fist, but I think I read from someone in Disney that the Netflix storylines were just too dark for what they wanted to do.  They were not going to continue them even if there wasn't a 2 year no compete.  I really enjoyed DareDevil so I hate to see it go.

DD was the best of those characters.  S1 and S3 were great tv!  I didn't mind IF2, but IF1 drug on way too long.  I'd like to see Disney bring back DD on the D+ platform down the road.  Or at least find a way to bring DD and the Kingpin characters to the big screen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Peak said:

DD was the best of those characters.  S1 and S3 were great tv!  I didn't mind IF2, but IF1 drug on way too long.  I'd like to see Disney bring back DD on the D+ platform down the road.  Or at least find a way to bring DD and the Kingpin characters to the big screen.

Spider-Man is the way in.  Kingpin, DD, Deadpool, J Jonas Jameson.....  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2019 at 8:26 AM, Peak said:

DD was the best of those characters.  S1 and S3 were great tv!  I didn't mind IF2, but IF1 drug on way too long.  I'd like to see Disney bring back DD on the D+ platform down the road.  Or at least find a way to bring DD and the Kingpin characters to the big screen.

That's really how I feel as well.  DD1 and DD3 were great (again, driven by a tremendous villain).  IF2 was better than IF1, but still not great.  Luke Cage was great for the first half of the first season because he also had a great villain.  LC2 there were actually times I was rooting for the villain more than Cage.  The Defenders was ok but not great.

The Punisher I think is underrated.  Unlike DD and JJ where the villain drives a lot of the story, the Punisher is way better than I thought it would be just because Jon Bernthal seems to have been born to play the role.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of the TV side, Shield is back.  Also haven't watched much of S2 of Cloak and Dagger.  Got a little darker then S1 and the kid isn't as into it.  I may check it out when I get time to see how it goes.  She can't wait for Spidey though.  And missed Runaways s2, but will try and catch it if/when I switch to D+ w/ Hulu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need a little help with catching my wife up on the essentials before her seeing Endgame next weekend. She is a pop culture junkie and I have managed to convince her that there are too many call backs in Endgame to truly enjoy it without much background.

I've read online viewing orders but I'm looking to trim the fat. So if there aren't major call backs in Endgame or important Infinity Stone setups, it's gotta go.

I am looking for the essential Endgame viewing order.

She has good enough memories of GotG, Ant Man & Wasp & Black Panther. And we saw Captain Marvel in theaters. So, good.

Over the last week or so we have watched (in order): Iron Man, Captain America: The First Avenger, Thor (my bad for putting this before IM2), Iron Man 2 & The Avengers.

So, what's next?

The Dark World seems logical but, IMO, is the absolute nadir of the MCU but darnit it seems important relative to Endgame.

Then I think it should be Winter Soldier and Avengers 2. Should Winter Soldier be first? I think so.

I think Dr. Strange is absolutely essential and Homecoming (because it really solidifies the Tony Stark, Peter Parker relationship) are important. But can Homecoming be trimmed? I want to say yes, but am not sure. It brings emotional impact to IW & Endgame. But IW also covers that so maybe, not.

What about Civil War? It brings Spider Man into the fold and plants the seed of his relationship with Stark but does it really add to the Thanos storyline? I think no.

I love Ragnarok and feel it is a valuable lead in to Infinity War but is it essential? I'm on the fence. Gun to my head I think it is more "important" than Homecoming.

So I'm thinking next is: Dark World (ugh), Winter Soldier, A2, Dr. Strange, Ragnarok & IW.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Chaka said:

Need a little help with catching my wife up on the essentials before her seeing Endgame next weekend. She is a pop culture junkie and I have managed to convince her that there are too many call backs in Endgame to truly enjoy it without much background.

I've read online viewing orders but I'm looking to trim the fat. So if there aren't major call backs in Endgame or important Infinity Stone setups, it's gotta go.

I am looking for the essential Endgame viewing order.

She has good enough memories of GotG, Ant Man & Wasp & Black Panther. And we saw Captain Marvel in theaters. So, good.

Over the last week or so we have watched (in order): Iron Man, Captain America: The First Avenger, Thor (my bad for putting this before IM2), Iron Man 2 & The Avengers.

So, what's next?

The Dark World seems logical but, IMO, is the absolute nadir of the MCU but darnit it seems important relative to Endgame.

Then I think it should be Winter Soldier and Avengers 2. Should Winter Soldier be first? I think so.

I think Dr. Strange is absolutely essential and Homecoming (because it really solidifies the Tony Stark, Peter Parker relationship) are important. But can Homecoming be trimmed? I want to say yes, but am not sure. It brings emotional impact to IW & Endgame. But IW also covers that so maybe, not.

What about Civil War? It brings Spider Man into the fold and plants the seed of his relationship with Stark but does it really add to the Thanos storyline? I think no.

I love Ragnarok and feel it is a valuable lead in to Infinity War but is it essential? I'm on the fence. Gun to my head I think it is more "important" than Homecoming.

So I'm thinking next is: Dark World (ugh), Winter Soldier, A2, Dr. Strange, Ragnarok & IW.

 

 

 

 

 

Just take a romantic weekend getaway to a nice romantic resort and spend the whole time watching all of them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Skip Thor Dark World.

Skip Age of Ultron

Definitely watch Winter Soldier & Infinity War. 

Edited by Jobber
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jobber said:

Skip Thor Dark World.

Skip Age of Ultron

Definitely watch Winter Soldier & Infinity War. 

Isn't Age of Ultron the premise and context for Civil War?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Jobber said:

Skip Thor Dark World.

Skip Age of Ultron

Definitely watch Winter Soldier & Infinity War. 

 

7 hours ago, matuski said:

Isn't Age of Ultron the premise and context for Civil War?

It isn't about how the narrative fits each other movies, it's how they get called back in Endgame.

The Aether, Jane Foster in Asgard and the death of Frigga all seem pretty relevant to Endgame.

How can you really enjoy the impact of Cap getting Thor's hammer (best scene in the film) without Age of Ultron? It also brings the Mind stone into play.

Civil War OTOH doesn't really add anything to Endgame, does it?

ETA: I personally believe AoU and The Dark World are probably the low water marks in the MCU. But they still seem relevant to Endgame.

Edited by Chaka
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Chaka said:

 

It isn't about how the narrative fits each other movies, it's how they get called back in Endgame.

The Aether, Jane Foster in Asgard and the death of Frigga all seem pretty relevant to Endgame.

How can you really enjoy the impact of Cap getting Thor's hammer (best scene in the film) without Age of Ultron? It also brings the Mind stone into play.

Civil War OTOH doesn't really add anything to Endgame, does it?

ETA: I personally believe AoU and The Dark World are probably the low water marks in the MCU. But they still seem relevant to Endgame.

Was kinda what I was getting at, and if you are going to watch 20 movies you might as well watch 22.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, matuski said:

Was kinda what I was getting at, and if you are going to watch 20 movies you might as well watch 22.

Fortunately don't have to. We have ant man 1&2, BP, GotG 1&2, and Captain Marvel covered well enough in her memory. Not doing Civil War, IM3, Hulk & Homecoming.

We're going to watch the rest of Dark World (watched half last night), Winter Soldier, AoU (should this be before Winter Soldier?), Dr. Strange, Ragnarok then IW.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Chaka said:

Fortunately don't have to. We have ant man 1&2, BP, GotG 1&2, and Captain Marvel covered well enough in her memory. Not doing Civil War, IM3, Hulk & Homecoming.

We're going to watch the rest of Dark World (watched half last night), Winter Soldier, AoU (should this be before Winter Soldier?), Dr. Strange, Ragnarok then IW.

Has she seen IW already?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mile High said:

Has she seen IW already?

Yup. But we're still watching it again.

Endgame was awesome and amazing but it loses something if you don't have a ton of background fresh in your mind.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2019 at 5:08 PM, Chaka said:

 

It isn't about how the narrative fits each other movies, it's how they get called back in Endgame.

The Aether, Jane Foster in Asgard and the death of Frigga all seem pretty relevant to Endgame.

How can you really enjoy the impact of Cap getting Thor's hammer (best scene in the film) without Age of Ultron? It also brings the Mind stone into play.

Civil War OTOH doesn't really add anything to Endgame, does it?

ETA: I personally believe AoU and The Dark World are probably the low water marks in the MCU. But they still seem relevant to Endgame.

Civil War establishes the rift between Tony and Steve. Their relationship, at least early on, is based primarily on the events of that film. Tony lashing out at Steve and then later returning his shield. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Peter Lemonjello said:

Civil War establishes the rift between Tony and Steve. 

The rift really starts in Avengers 2 but is expanded dramatically in Civil War.

Edited by NewlyRetired
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

The rift really starts in Avengers 2 but is expanded dramatically in Civil War.

Right, should've said "expands upon the rift" that actually started way back in Avengers, continued in A2 but really came to a head in CW. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Peter Lemonjello said:

Civil War establishes the rift between Tony and Steve. Their relationship, at least early on, is based primarily on the events of that film. Tony lashing out at Steve and then later returning his shield. 

Agreed but that was recapped in Infinity War well enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we finally finished our movie previews and I took my wife to see Endgame last Sunday.

She loved it, which is great. She also said that she finally realizes how much I look like Chris Hemsworth, so I got that going for me too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chaka said:

So we finally finished our movie previews and I took my wife to see Endgame last Sunday.

She loved it, which is great. She also said that she finally realizes how much I look like Chris Hemsworth, so I got that going for me too.

I'm assuming the fat Thor version.  

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Nick Vermeil said:

I'm assuming the fat Thor version.  

I LOOK LIKE CHRIS HEMSWORTH!!!

  • Like 5
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. Savage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like less than a hundred mil to catch Avatar and in like a third of the time. So End Game is that James Holzhauer guy and Avatar is Ken Jennings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Dude said:

Trailer from NBA Finals ....not good

Don't really understand this.   It looks like a Spider-Man movie.   Mysterio is a good choice for a villain and was always an interesting character.  This is the final stage 3 MCU movie, wraps up the aftermath of Endgame and most likely leads to his exit from the Avengers.      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, -fish- said:

Don't really understand this.   It looks like a Spider-Man movie.   Mysterio is a good choice for a villain and was always an interesting character.  This is the final stage 3 MCU movie, wraps up the aftermath of Endgame and most likely leads to his exit from the Avengers.      

Yea is the spider-man contract with Sony up after this? I think it is. Would be a rather quick end to his story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, -fish- said:

Don't really understand this.   It looks like a Spider-Man movie.   Mysterio is a good choice for a villain and was always an interesting character.  This is the final stage 3 MCU movie, wraps up the aftermath of Endgame and most likely leads to his exit from the Avengers.      

I can't find the trailer from the NBA finals - but it was not good.  Nothing compelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Capella said:

Yea is the spider-man contract with Sony up after this? I think it is. Would be a rather quick end to his story. 

End to his story?  Holland is awesome as Spider Man.

I imagine Disney & Feige see Holland as an MCU tent pole for Phase Four and beyond.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.