Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Corporation

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Sanity Prevails Spidey Back in MCU

3 minutes ago, CentralPA said:

I think that is going on too but both sides can't be pleased that this information was released if that is the case.

I think the release was leaked by one of the two sides to hopefully advance the talks.  These type of leaks are usually planned during negotiations.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, B Maverick said:

He isn't in any phase 4 movies so they have time to sort this out for phase 5, when we get Spidey 3, Captain Marvel 2, BP2, AGotG3, Dr Strange 3, Avengers 5.....

I think it will be Doctor Strange 2 in phase 5. 

I am unaware of any Avengers movies being on the release schedule for phase 5.  The latest rumor I saw was that if they are able to introduce the Xmen into the MCU sometime during phase 5 and if it is popular, that their dream Avengers 5 movie would be Avengers vs XMen some time in phase 6.  So much needs to happen though for them to pull that off.

54 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

I was really hoping this was going to be that scene from the movie Downfall with Hitler and all of his generals standing around him in that small room in his bunker.

We are overdue for a good one of those.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

I think it will be Doctor Strange 2 in phase 5. 

I am unaware of any Avengers movies being on the release schedule for phase 5.  The latest rumor I saw was that if they are able to introduce the Xmen into the MCU sometime during phase 5 and if it is popular, that their dream Avengers 5 movie would be Avengers vs XMen some time in phase 6.  So much needs to happen though for them to pull that off.

Oops you are right, DS 2 not 3, hit the wrong number :doh:

This makes sense, although I hope they bring in FF before the X-Men.  Rumors are they might, if Namor is truely coming to BP 2 and things leading to the Silver Surfer and Galactus.  The crazy thing is there are so many ways they can go with several hinted at via easter eggs and some just hoped for.

As much as I love the X-Men, Wolverine, Deadpool, they can wait to bring them in so they can do it well.  

• Like 2

On 8/6/2019 at 5:52 PM, Chaka said:

I like what you say in the bolded, it is well considered and a solid argument for why Peter was chosen as a legacy by Tony.  They set that up well over four films.  But being flawed as a human being, no need for the recap btw I already acknowledged Stark was highly reckless, is far different than handing city destroying power to anyone without any form of safeguards.  The notion that Happy couldn't have made a phone call to Pepper and tell her to shut down EDITH is patently absurd.  The most important aspect of Stark's character arc also includes growing because of his mistakes.

@Insein gave the only true answer.  It happened because it allowed the movie to happen.  Personally I think that aspect was lazy storytelling.

Either way, I still enjoyed the film.

I like tight writing that deals with major and obvious plot holes. But this really isn't one to me.

The people that designed and built these drones in the first place are these bad guys. EDITH gives them superuser access with no one the wiser. The first thing I would assume they would do is lock down full control.  Being the designers they have the skills, and now they have the primary control needed to do so.

Granted, this would take 5 seconds of screen time to make clear:

"Did you shut down any overrides?"
"Yes."

For all I know that might even be in the movie. Even if not, it such an obvious first step for them to do, I have no real issues with it not being handled on screen.

• Like 1

i want them to make tinkle from moonshiners on discovery chanel a major hero in one of these things that would rule take that to the bank brohans 

Any chance this is just one huge coordinated ploy by both companies to get people feeling emotional about Spiderman so they head to the theater and plunk down another hard-earned $20 to see him in the MCU one last time with a brand new action sequence to boot? Squeeze that orange for all it's worth? Am I too cynical?

Oh for Peter Parker’s sake https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/22/stan-lees-daughter-sides-with-sony-in-spider-man-spat-with-disney.html

Stan Lee’s daughter: ‘No one could have treated my father worse than Marvel and Disney’s executives’

Dude made anywhere from $50-80 million off of some comic book characters.  Get real.

On 8/21/2019 at 10:05 AM, Insein said:

I dabbled in open mic comedy a few months back...I had one quick bit that was based on all the damn Spider-Man movies.

”Why don’t we make another Spider-Man movie?”

”Another one? Didn’t we just do that?”

”Yeah...but get this...Spider-Man will be...........PLAYED BY A DIFFERENT ACTOR”

”OMG SOLD”

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

6 hours ago, McJose said:

Oh for Peter Parker’s sake https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/22/stan-lees-daughter-sides-with-sony-in-spider-man-spat-with-disney.html

Stan Lee’s daughter: ‘No one could have treated my father worse than Marvel and Disney’s executives’

Dude made anywhere from $50-80 million off of some comic book characters.  Get real.

Money isn't everything. For guys like that that already have hundreds of millions, personal respect goes a longer way. 

49 minutes ago, Insein said:

Money isn't everything. For guys like that that already have hundreds of millions, personal respect goes a longer way. 

It's pretty rich she describes all of this as her father's creation.  Stan was always good about claiming all the credit, seems like his daughter isn't far off from that.

• Like 1

As it's finally out on disc, I finally watched Endgame last night.  Still processing everything - was very good, but I'm not sure I can say at this point "great".  What were other's generally thoughts within the first 24 hours of watching it?

I mean, it did a good job of bringing back a lot of nostalgia, had some funny lines and all, great action scene at the end - but no real feeling of "wow, that was amazing"....yet. 

27 minutes ago, Buckychudd said:

It's pretty rich she describes all of this as her father's creation.  Stan was always good about claiming all the credit, seems like his daughter isn't far off from that.

Well he did create Spiderman with Ditko and F4 with Kirby. So he kind of does have some claim to those properties. 

17 minutes ago, matttyl said:

As it's finally out on disc, I finally watched Endgame last night.  Still processing everything - was very good, but I'm not sure I can say at this point "great".  What were other's generally thoughts within the first 24 hours of watching it?

I mean, it did a good job of bringing back a lot of nostalgia, had some funny lines and all, great action scene at the end - but no real feeling of "wow, that was amazing"....yet. 

I agree. End game was a great final chapter to wrap up the decade long storyline but as a stand alone movie it has a pretty weak plot. Infinity War was a lot better. Still End game was a satisfying end to the current MCU.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Insein said:

I agree. End game was a great final chapter to wrap up the decade long storyline but as a stand alone movie it has a pretty weak plot. Infinity War was a lot better. Still End game was a satisfying end to the current MCU.

I saw Endgame twice in the theater and once last weekend on disc.  Been feeling the same way.  Infinity War has become one of my favorite MCU movies.  Endgame was good (top half) and I loved the final fight scene esp after "On your left".  And it was a good ending to the arc overall.  

But I can't help feeling like it should have been better?

I've come to the conclusion that Disney and Sony owe the fans to have Spiderman in the MCU. The relationship needs to be symbiotic in nature. Marvel saved Spiderman's reputation due to Sony's crap. Marvel needs Spiderman due to the role they developed for him. Sony needs to have Spiderman in the MCU because they have shown to be crap with the character. If Spiderman is out, then I'm out. The only Sony product I will buy may be the new Playstation so I can play The Last of Us: Part 2. Disney... bye.

Finally saw Far From Home. I need to watch it again as I was mesmerized by Aunt May's can.  

On 8/23/2019 at 12:23 AM, McJose said:

Except in the extras for End Game he's gushing how great Marvel and the actors have been to him. 

• Like 1

Sounds as if Marvel Studios will be able to produce Homecoming 3 and one additional movie for a Spider-man appearance.  Most likely Avengers 5.  They also left the door open for additional film s by the sound of it.

It'd be awesome if they could have a Venom crossover.  If Sony and Marvel Studios could tag team on a Maximum Carnage movie oh hot damn!

1 hour ago, CentralPA said:

Sounds as if Marvel Studios will be able to produce Homecoming 3 and one additional movie for a Spider-man appearance.  Most likely Avengers 5.  They also left the door open for additional film s by the sound of it.

It'd be awesome if they could have a Venom crossover.  If Sony and Marvel Studios could tag team on a Maximum Carnage movie oh hot damn!

It would be awesome to see Venom and all of the symbiotes done right.

• Love 1

34 minutes ago, Hawks64 said:

It would be awesome to see Venom and all of the symbiotes done right.

I think this will be done if Feige is producing.

53 minutes ago, Corporation said:

Was coming to post this. Sanity prevails. 

Indeed, they almost f'd up a very very good thing.

5 minutes ago, Mile High said:

Good news for Brie Larson.  Since unfounded rumors were out that her role as Captain Marvel was in jeopardy because the plan was for Spiderman to be her funny sidekick. 

She needs it.  Her character is about as interesting as a paper cup.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 8/21/2019 at 11:49 AM, Insein said:

It's all a negotiation anyway. Read today that Sony didn't specifically say Spiderman was out of the MCU. Just the Feige would not produce anymore solo Spiderman films. Disney pulled the weak tactic of putting out to their media controlled outlets to try to make Sony bend over and accept their deal. 

My guess is they meet somewhere at a more reasonable nu ber and this was all just non story.

Yep. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hov34 said:

She needs it.  Her character is about as interesting as a paper cup.

Just watched CM, I liked it. :shrug:

Just watched Dark Phoenix and was very disappointed, loved all the other first class movies but this seemed like writing and plot was just crappy. Anyone else feel this way? 

Edited by ffmail4me

11 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

Just watched Dark Phoenix and was very disappointed, loved all the other first class movies but this seemed like writing and plot was just crappy. Anyone else feel this way? 

Still haven't seen it. 

My 16yo, with whom I've seen every MCU movie and most x men, has zero desire to see it. Not even as a rental. I'd see it if he wanted to, but will probably just wait for it on Disney+ at this point.

We haven't seen venom either. 

15 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

Yes, the plot was just silly. It was the worst X-Men movie since X3.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Don't bother.

Disagree. Venom was entertaining. 

• Like 3

I thought Venom kinda sucked, but of course I bought it on blu ray like I do every Marvel movie...well, except the FF reboot...I knew better there (and still haven't seen it) 

23 hours ago, Socrates11 said:

Disagree. Venom was entertaining. 

I think it was entertaining, but still didn't care for the storyline.  Felt a little forced to me.  I'm not in a big hurry to watch it again, nor will I be first in line if/when a sequel comes out.

Posted (edited)
On 9/29/2019 at 3:11 PM, ffmail4me said:

I fly cross country about once a month so caught it on a flight a few weeks ago.  Not sure when I would have watched it otherwise, same goes for Shazam which I watched on the flight back.  Both were disappointing, but good enough to take up a couple of hours while I’m stuck in an airplane seat  

I’ve had Venom on the iPad for a couple of months now, will probably get to it on the next flight. 

I missed Far From Home in the theater so just finally watched that one today, have had to stay out of the thread until now.  I enjoyed it, laughed out loud a few times, but the whole Mysterio thing really pushed the limits of suspending disbelief, even for a superhero movie. 

Edited by SFBayDuck

Black Widow has finished filming.

Looks like the movie will be set shortly after Civil War.

Feige said if the film works, it should act like Better Call Saul, where it can both stand on its own and provide back story that we were not aware of.

Also due to its time frame in the MCU, Robert Downey Jr is rumored to have a small role in the movie as Tony Stark.

On 9/29/2019 at 5:11 PM, ffmail4me said:

The first 2 "First Class" movies were great.  Apocalypse and Phoenix sucked. 

• Like 1

Tony Stark is alive.

It was on Reddit but the thought is that Tony Stark put himself into an computer type program. Think Ultron. Think Jarvis. Maybe in the five years Tony Stark put his intelligence into a holographic type (Obi-Wan) being. The thought came from the end of Endgame as he was making eye-contact with the people in the room while, seemingly, making eye-contact with his daughter Morgan even though the hologram had been "taped" much earlier. Apparently there is precedence in the comics as well. Or, think of his dad's statements about how he, Howard, was prevented from making the new element due to his time... the technology hadn't been invented yet. Maybe Peter, or Morgan, break through new technology to see/bring back Tony Stark's consciousness... or maybe it will be the Fantastic Four... or Professor X.

This would be one hell of a surprise in the next Spider-Man movie or something when Peter boots up some Stark technology and RDJ's voice begins talking to him.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2019 at 6:11 PM, ffmail4me said:

Completed mailed in performance by everyone. The writers, directors, actors, promotion team. They knew Disney was buying mid way through production. It's like they just gave up on giving AF

2 hours ago, Mario Kart said:

Tony Stark is alive.

It was on Reddit but the thought is that Tony Stark put himself into an computer type program. Think Ultron. Think Jarvis. Maybe in the five years Tony Stark put his intelligence into a holographic type (Obi-Wan) being. The thought came from the end of Endgame as he was making eye-contact with the people in the room while, seemingly, making eye-contact with his daughter Morgan even though the hologram had been "taped" much earlier. Apparently there is precedence in the comics as well. Or, think of his dad's statements about how he, Howard, was prevented from making the new element due to his time... the technology hadn't been invented yet. Maybe Peter, or Morgan, break through new technology to see/bring back Tony Stark's consciousness... or maybe it will be the Fantastic Four... or Professor X.

This would be one hell of a surprise in the next Spider-Man movie or something when Peter boots up some Stark technology and RDJ's voice begins talking to him.

I’d hate that. What’s the point of these movies if there never is any finality. 

19 minutes ago, Capella said:

I’d hate that. What’s the point of these movies if there never is any finality. 

Well, it would stay true to the comic book universe, where no death is final...

8 minutes ago, Arodin said:

Well, it would stay true to the comic book universe, where no death is final...

True, but that was an earned moment and it would be a shame to cheapen it. Most comic book movies will never have a moment like that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1