Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

krsone21

WSL2 Discussion Thread

No PM received here

?

####. Sorry
Sorry, all. Struggled to find a second to pick, and then completely forgot to PM.

No PM received here

?

####. Sorry
Sorry, all. Struggled to find a second to pick, and then completely forgot to PM.

PMing is a courtesy I would believe. He checked in and didn't pick thats what is confusing. I am hoping we all check in a couple times a day anyways to help with these types of situations.

No PM received here

?

####. Sorry

All good. We've always said the pm is nice to have for these but not requisite.

No PM received here

?

####. Sorry

I guess I disagree.....I always thought PMing the next person was the expectation....not just a courtesy......what's it take....less than 30 seconds...doesn't matter if you are on a phone or not.....even then you ask somebody to do it for you in your pick post....

No PM received here

?

####. Sorry

I guess I disagree.....I always thought PMing the next person was the expectation....not just a courtesy......what's it take....less than 30 seconds...I don't care if you're on a phone or not....

I would never expect someone to message me to let me know it is my pick in a draft that I wanted to participate in. I do have a phone and it allows me to check in often, I do not need a PM from others to know its my pick or expect one. But when I do get one it is a great courtesy and I appreciate it. How long does it take to check to see if your pick is up, 30 seconds? ;)

anyway

I really liked the Tre Mason pick

Personally my rookie RB ranking pre-combine is:

Mason

J.Hill

Sankey

Seastrunk

Hyde

Carey

Hyde is too low, Mason is about to be a superstar. No pick in any rookie draft is too early for him, depending on needs he is #1 overall rookie.

No PM received here

?

####. Sorry

I guess I disagree.....I always thought PMing the next person was the expectation....not just a courtesy......what's it take....less than 30 seconds...I don't care if you're on a phone or not....

I would never expect someone to message me to let me know it is my pick in a draft that I wanted to participate in. I do have a phone and it allows me to check in often, I do not need a PM from others to know its my pick or expect one. But when I do get one it is a great courtesy and I appreciate it. How long does it take to check to see if your pick is up, 30 seconds? ;)

how many of these have you done...?

No PM received here

?

####. Sorry

Agree to disagree. Counter argument is how hard is it/how long does it take (30 seconds?) to check in a couple times a day and see where things stand? Especially given the advent of smart phones/fbg mobile? If it's the expectation then let's put it down in the rules so to avoid confusion in the future.

No PM received here

?

####. Sorry

Does the amount I have done relate to what an expectation and a courtesy from one to another is? I understand you think the PM is an expectation I just think having expectations in a football community is asking a lot. I think the only expectation is to have people check in often. To be honest the PM system is not that great. I have to click your name, once I find it, then click send message. then type it. then send it all from my phone, when someone can just check the site right from their phone. Which if you are like me you have a quick link to this page on the home screen.

sorry to go all ref here....I'm having a crappy morning....but the reason it is probably not a "rule" is because then there would need to be a penalty of some sort attached if you didn't PM...and I don't think we want to try and police/enforce that and go in that direction.....I stand behind my general comment that I believe PMing is the expectation not just a courtesy....

sorry to go all ref here....I'm having a crappy morning....but the reason it is probably not a "rule" is because then there would need to be a penalty of some sort attached if you didn't PM...and I don't think we want to try and police/enforce that and go in that direction.....I stand behind my general comment that I believe PMing is the expectation not just a courtesy....

Understandable and you are aloud to have any thoughts you like. It will be back to football discussion once a pick is made I'm sure.

Wanted to edit to add, your ref picture is much better than mine.

Regardless, I blew it and am a major contributor to the delay. Mandatory or optional, PMs really help move things along, and I'll be more diligent in the future.

No PM received here

?

####. Sorry

Does the amount I have done relate to what an expectation and a courtesy from one to another is? I understand you think the PM is an expectation I just think having expectations in a football community is asking a lot. I think the only expectation is to have people check in often. To be honest the PM system is not that great. I have to click your name, once I find it, then click send message. then type it. then send it all from my phone, when someone can just check the site right from their phone. Which if you are like me you have a quick link to this page on the home screen.

No...it only relates to whether or not you know what you are talking about.....

No PM received here

?

####. Sorry

No...it only relates to whether or not you know what you are talking about.....

So if I did one of these before is the only way I know if PMing is an expectation and not a courtesy? I see a couple other above disagree with you, ask them how long they have been doing these. You think it is an expectation, I think it is a courtesy. Both are fair opinions.

FS...I'm just busting your chops.....welcome to MD forum....but....you haven't seen the carnage and trainwrecks that slow drafts create.....no pm's, missed picks, people quitting, people getting kicked out and replaced.....people getting booty hurt cause they timed out but didn't get a pm and the guy they wanted is gone....draft monitors not wanting to go back and redo a rounds worth of picks.....endless discussions of "sorry that my real life got in the way"....etc.

soooooooo.....whlie it would be great if every one of these drafts had 16 guys like you (checking in all the time).....and/or a combination of draft whores like myself and a few others that hang around in here way too much (although I did time out in WSL 1 already, it happens).....it's just not the case....and pm's really help the process, especially if you have it set up to receive an alert whenever someone sends you one....it pretty much alleviates having to check in or hanging out in here like the drunk guy at the bar....not saying I ever sit at a bar....

so yeah.........I thought Kenny Stills was a good pick, and it seemed my pick of Justin Hunter pissed a couple people off

I love Stills, he is going to be a factor in New Orleans for years to come. Moore will not be retained and Colstons knees are getting real long in the tooth.

Maybe we just state it as a guideline to reiterate. Either way wsl2 is 4 rounds ahead of wsl1 so something is working overall in this draft.

As someone that has been doing these since the very first Survivor draft in this forum I have to agree with Ref. PMs, or at least requesting someone to PM for you has always been an expectation. Maybe that is something that should be stated before we begin to everyone that is relatively new though. Otherwise they may not realize it.

BSS your Hunter pick pissed me off quite a bit. :wall:

no worries guys. it's January.

I'm sorry for not checking in more, and for not picking last night when I found out I was up. I meant to but then just spaced for a bit and passed out.

I just got back from a trip to Vegas and am still adjusting.

EDIT: I don't always check in to this forum often because I always assumed I'd get a PM when I was up. If not everybody treats them that way, that's fine but I always thought that was the expectation when doing a message board draft.

no worries guys. it's January.

I'm sorry for not checking in more, and for not picking last night when I found out I was up. I meant to but then just spaced for a bit and passed out.

I just got back from a trip to Vegas and am still adjusting.

EDIT: I don't always check in to this forum often because I always assumed I'd get a PM when I was up. If not everybody treats them that way, that's fine but I always thought that was the expectation when doing a message board draft.

We'd accept that excuse if you hadn't been dicking around with emenience over in the ffa. Priorties dude. :P

We'd accept that excuse if you hadn't been dicking around with emenience over in the ffa. Priorties dude. :P

well, it is much easier to goof off in the FFA on a phone than it is to figure out what the best players available in a draft are.

well, it is much easier to goof off in the FFA on a phone than it is to figure out what the best players available in a draft are.

When have you ever drafted the best players available?

yeah someone has Andre Ellington as his RB1

Hey..what's wrong with drafting a backup RB as RB1?

Hey..what's wrong with drafting a backup RB as RB1?

Well, at least he has last year's 14th-ranked QB to fall back on. :mellow:

well, he was drafted as QB14 here so not sure I see the problem.

it's going to be tough for you to last long with last year's 25th ranked RB as your RB1 and drafted in round 2.

Meanwhile, my RB1 outscored your RB1 this year and I got him 2 rounds later. Boom!

honestly, Ellington probably outscores half these guys in 2014:

2.03 - KRSone21 - Doug Martin - RB9 - TB

2.04 - BSS - DeMarco Murray - RB10 - Dallas

2.08 - False Start - Reggie Bush RB11 - Det

2.10 - Jeaton6 - Arian Foster - RB12 - Hou

2.11 - Fullback Fro - Gio Bernard - RB13 - Cincy

2.12 - Nugget - Ray Rice RB14 - Balt

2.13 - Mr. Irrelevant - CJ Spiller RB15- Buff

2.14 - HellTouppee - Alfred Morris - RB16 - Wash

it's going to be tough for you to last long with last year's 25th ranked RB as your RB1 and drafted in round 2.

Meanwhile, my RB1 outscored your RB1 this year and I got him 2 rounds later. Boom!

Hope you know I was just bustin' your stones up there ... or more accurately piling on to the busting that was already on-going. :)

I'm pretty high on Ellington this year myself, but I couldn't justify him at 3.04, and I knew there was no way he'd fall to 4.13. But barring injury he's not outscoring Spiller next year ... unless you think F-Jax is going to finish as a fantasy RB1 again in 2014.

anyway

I really liked the Tre Mason pick

Personally my rookie RB ranking pre-combine is:

Mason

J.Hill

Sankey

Seastrunk

Hyde

Carey

I like him as a threat but he'll have to improve on his blocking to stay on the field. If he does that, the sky is the limit. I will be paying attention in that area come preseason time for him.

Dominion times out at 6:58 EST

Sorry for delay.

Normally myself or my buddy (restless natives) is around to pick. But today was a perfect storm for both of us w/ work & life.

Plus I planned on picking Woods & didn't have a backup plan.

I would say that it isn't likely but it is possible and I can see where you are coming from, certainly something to watch.

Those Fbg emails you get acted like he was unbenchable after the Atlanta game mid seasonish and he slowly phased himself out and outrun by Mendenhall. I am bullish on the guy, but I can remember pulling the olug, meaning not putting him in my flex lineup soon after that big game because he just wasn't getting significant carries.

He's very good for this format where you don't have to figure out when to start him. His receptions and yardage should be a weekly contributor and an occasional TD will make for a big day.

I would say that it isn't likely but it is possible and I can see where you are coming from, certainly something to watch.

Those Fbg emails you get acted like he was unbenchable after the Atlanta game mid seasonish and he slowly phased himself out and outrun by Mendenhall. I am bullish on the guy, but I can remember pulling the olug, meaning not putting him in my flex lineup soon after that big game because he just wasn't getting significant carries.

He's very good for this format where you don't have to figure out when to start him. His receptions and yardage should be a weekly contributor and an occasional TD will make for a big day.

Ruds your crystal ball maybe better than mine, but I think Arizona could easily draft a RB early as well, Ellington as RB1 is risky

Ruds your crystal ball maybe better than mine, but I think Arizona could easily draft a RB early as well, Ellington as RB1 is risky

Whats wrong with Taylor? We have not really had a chance to see what he can do.

Whats wrong with Taylor? We have not really had a chance to see what he can do.

3rd on depth chart on pass happy team I'd say is the issue. As for Ellington, I'd say best case he outscores 3 of those guys but with RB injuries who knows.

Hope you know I was just bustin' your stones up there ... or more accurately piling on to the busting that was already on-going. :)

I'm pretty high on Ellington this year myself, but I couldn't justify him at 3.04, and I knew there was no way he'd fall to 4.13. But barring injury he's not outscoring Spiller next year ... unless you think F-Jax is going to finish as a fantasy RB1 again in 2014.

Don't think Fjax will but bet Fjax will outscore most of these rookie picks by a wide margin. I haven't done many of these survivor type drafts but this one in particular has the feel of a start up dynasty league. A lot of risk taken on players not likely to produce much if at all this year in place of guys that should steadily produce.

I've got a feeling a lot of these risky picks are going to end up like Christine Michel riding the pine and contributing a big zero all year long.

Halfway home!

4.13 - Russell Wilson, QB SEA
7.04 - Sam Bradford, QB STL

2.13 - C.J. Spiller, RB BUF

5.04 - Ben Tate, RB HOU

9.04 - Rashad Jennings, RB OAK

3.04 - Jordy Nelson, WR GBP
6.13 - DeAndre Hopkins, WR HOU
8.13 - Jeremy Maclin, WR PHI
1.04 - Jimmy Graham, TE NOS
10.13 - Travis Kelce, TE KC

Fun fact: My team right now has a current average age of 25.6. :shock: Veteran leadership? We don't need no stinkin' veteran leadership!

Jennings flashed enough in the backfield last year to make me pretty confident the Raiders will sign him as a stopgap and let DMC walk. And any time you can get even a probable starter at RB42, it's a risk worth taking. Kelce by contrast is a pure "swing for the fences" pick - if Jimmy goes down, it's about 90% likely my season's over anyway, so give me a backup with the tools, noodle-armed QB, and pass-happy head coach to make a big splash any day over a known mediocrity like Myers or Housler.

This is a completely different approach than I've used in my previous survivor leagues - huge amount of boom-or-bust potential to this squad. I guess we'll see which it winds up being.

Fun fact: My team right now has a current average age of 25.6. :shock:

I just checked: mine's 23.5. I actually don't mind because OH LOOK THERE'S A SHINY OBJECT!!! ... What were we talking about?

ETA: If anyone was wondering, it was just a gum wrapper (again).

Fun fact: My team right now has a current average age of 25.6. :shock:

I just checked: mine's 23.5. I actually don't mind because OH LOOK THERE'S A SHINY OBJECT!!! ... What were we talking about?

ETA: If anyone was wondering, it was just a gum wrapper (again).

:lol: Though, to be fair, you're using the statistical dodge of having already drafted two rookies.

But it amazes me that Le'veon Bell is still only 21. These survivor leagues have been going on for - what, ten years now? - and I'd bet this is the first time a 21-year-old has ever gone in the first round. (Unless this being a 2PPR league was enough to push Gronk over the hump in 2011.)

1.12 Le'Veon Bell, RB

2.05 Julio Jones, WR

3.12 Michael Crabtree, WR

4.05 Knowshon Moreno, RB

5.12 Michael Floyd, WR

6.05 Andy Dalton, QB.

7.12 Teddy Bridgewater, QB

8.05 Ladarius Green, TE

9.12 Bishop Sankey, RB

10.05 Tyler Eifert, TE

No commentary (from me). Just keeping track of what I have.

That amendolA pick is really good value

Yeah I was pissed. More at myself for choosing Blount over him but felt like there are still a lot of decent WRs and running backs are really getting thin. That one burns though. Nice one Toupee.