What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL2 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

That amendolA pick is really good value
Yep. Was planning all along to take him at 10.13, but I overthought it - saw that the 3 teams behind me all had only 1 TE and gambled there was a better chance of him making it back to me than Kelce/Daniels.

Even if he plays only 10-11 games he'll be good value in the 11th - anything more than that and it's highway robbery.

Yep. Was planning all along to take him at 10.13, but I overthought it - saw that the 3 teams behind me all had only 1 TE and gambled there was a better chance of him making it back to me than Kelce/Daniels. Even if he plays only 10-11 games he'll be good value in the 11th - anything more than that and it's highway robbery.
Assuming of course he is relatively healthy in those games. He played 12 this year in reg season and was WR 55 in PPR.

Yep. Was planning all along to take him at 10.13, but I overthought it - saw that the 3 teams behind me all had only 1 TE and gambled there was a better chance of him making it back to me than Kelce/Daniels.Even if he plays only 10-11 games he'll be good value in the 11th - anything more than that and it's highway robbery.
Assuming of course he is relatively healthy in those games. He played 12 this year in reg season and was WR 55 in PPR.
I've considered him the last several rounds but passed on him in favor of Cooper and Hartline after seeing that stat. Without looking at his contract and knowing how much guaranteed money he has left to get, I think there's a small (very small) chance that the Patriots could even release him before the start of the season.

11.05 Derek Carr - QB - Rook
OK, I'll go ahead and ask it.Is WSL2 supposed to be a dynasty league, and I just didn't get the memo?
well # 1 this is a very good rookie class, #2 the NFL is desperate for QB help. there about 9 teams who need a QBand #2 finding a backup QB in wsl isn't easy, at this point might as well take a rook
I'd rather have Carr in 11th than the other rookie QBs picked in 7th.

jeaton6 said:
bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Mr. Irrelevant said:
Nugget said:
OK, I'll go ahead and ask it.Is WSL2 supposed to be a dynasty league, and I just didn't get the memo?
well # 1 this is a very good rookie class, #2 the NFL is desperate for QB help. there about 9 teams who need a QBand #2 finding a backup QB in wsl isn't easy, at this point might as well take a rook
I guess I'm glad I don't have to make that choice - I think the rookies in general are going multiple rounds ahead of where I'd consider taking them.

20 rounds seems like a lot, but in a league with no post-draft transactions, I'm not taking someone with a very real chance of putting up a zero for the year any time before the last round or two. Maybe it's me. :shrug:

QB - Big Ben, Derek Carr - I've got to be bottom 2 at QB. Ben did finish QB#7 overall for the season, and #11 in PPG, but he only had 4 games above 30 points. Need more variance and bigger scores, If Derek doesn't go top 10, I could be an early out.

RB - Ray Rice, Darren Sproles, DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart - I feel I've got 3 RB2's on the team between Rice, Sproles, and CAR. I feel like I've paid too much for having just 3 RB2's.

WR - Calvin, TY Hilton, Blackmon, Steve Smith - I like the group, but am heavily dependant on Blackmon being productive again. I'm a huge Calvin fan, so the 1st pick was a no brainer. Hilton lit up my Chiefs and I want to see him do that to other teams next year. Hoping Steve Smith has 1 more season.

TE - Julius Thomas - Very happy with Thomas in the third. I'll struggle to find a decent backup at this point.

Way more risk at this point than I'd like.

jeaton6 said:
Mr. Irrelevant said:
Nugget said:
I guess I'm glad I don't have to make that choice - I think the rookies in general are going multiple rounds ahead of where I'd consider taking them.

20 rounds seems like a lot, but in a league with no post-draft transactions, I'm not taking someone with a very real chance of putting up a zero for the year any time before the last round or two. Maybe it's me. :shrug:
I'm on same page. I'd rather have the steady production than multiple goose eggs. Injuries will happen to high end players and I'd rather make sure my backup guy will get me something. Of course some of the rooks will hit and got big so I'll likely miss out on those benefits. Also, I don't know the college players as well as many so that probably has something to do with me shying away as well.

jeaton6 said:
Mr. Irrelevant said:
Nugget said:

I'm on same page. I'd rather have the steady production than multiple goose eggs. Injuries will happen to high end players and I'd rather make sure my backup guy will get me something. Of course some of the rooks will hit and got big so I'll likely miss out on those benefits. Also, I don't know the college players as well as many so that probably has something to do with me shying away as well.
Don't see talk about Defenses much, but since they are a part of this game and I was the first to take one, this is why I am surprised an elite defenses like Seattle and San Fran didn't go a round earlier. In leagues you can add/drop defenses doesn't matter, you can always grab a hot one or play matchups. In draft and sit drafts, Defenses have much more value than some lead to believe. Seattle averaged 12 points in the WSLs last year (Good for 129th position). I have no doubt they can do the same next year if not better. They are one of the most guaranteed at the position. Thats more valuable to a starting lineup then some of the WRs and RBS taken at this point. Depth is key, but all the players taken now are as gamble, as you said steady production is important when you have to play one. If you have to play one, might as well take a good one. That concludes my defense of taking a defense early for today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree to an extent. To me though top DSTs can vary from year to year rather wildly. Houston and Denver were consensus top 5 last year and Houston ended number 32. Denver finished 11 but less than 1 ppg better than number 25. Then throw in chiefs/panthers who were drafted in bottom 3rd or lower and they finished 1 and 3. I find it highly unlikely Seahawks DST falls off a cliff but just saying it happens unexpectedly.

Last point is that DSTs will always get you something. They always play so less risk to me going late than with other players that you want to get a hold of earlier that will score in case your top guys are out.

I failed miserably last year with my wsl DST strategy so wtf do I know?

That was ridiculous and almost embarrassing that you guys let him slip into the 11th.
sometimes leagues let most recent events cloud their judgement. The guy just got shutout in the playoffs vs Denver.

he clearly wasnt right, who knows what NE will do, Edelman is a UFA, and Amendola could be huge, Amendola could also be a Cap casualty, so who knows.

I know Amendola left a sour taste in my mouth this season, took him kinda early in re-drafts thinking he was lock for 100 catches. But he simply cant stay healthy.

Mark Ingram was also solid value.

That was ridiculous and almost embarrassing that you guys let him slip into the 11th.
sometimes leagues let most recent events cloud their judgement. The guy just got shutout in the playoffs vs Denver.

he clearly wasnt right, who knows what NE will do, Edelman is a UFA, and Amendola could be huge, Amendola could also be a Cap casualty, so who knows.

I know Amendola left a sour taste in my mouth this season, took him kinda early in re-drafts thinking he was lock for 100 catches. But he simply cant stay healthy.

Like you said, people let recent events cloud their judgement. I was thinking about Amendola for the past couple rounds too, I was hoping he would make it back to be where I took Ingram but I guess many had the same thought. I had to check a couple times just to make sure Ingram wasnt gone. No offense to the people who took some of the rookie runners, but in a redraft they are no better then a guy like Ingram. Ingram at least showed some promise towards the end of the season with Pierre hurt. They may actually give Ingram a shot this coming year since he finally showed something, not bad for my #4 RB.

I feel like we say that every year with Ingram. Then he has his typical 600 total yards and 2-3 TDs. He shows flashes but never really does anything. Not sure what we saw this year that will change that. Last year it was, finally Ivory is gone. Nothing changed. Khiry Robinsons emergence down the stretch to me makes Ingram even more of a wild card. He was RB63 this year.

I feel like we say that every year with Ingram. Then he has his typical 600 total yards and 2-3 TDs. He shows flashes but never really does anything. Not sure what we saw this year that will change that. Last year it was, finally Ivory is gone. Nothing changed. Khiry Robinsons emergence down the stretch to me makes Ingram even more of a wild card. He was RB63 this year.
True for the most part. He did miss 5 games and had 4 games with 4 carries or less. In each game he had double digit carries he totaled 14/145/1 and 13/83, thats not bad if they give him the ball. The problem is they have not been doing that. They had Pierre who is getting up there and Sproles has lost a few steps, I truly feel Ingram will get more carries. Not to mentioned he average 4.9 ypc this year, not to shabby for round 11. 7 catches for 68 yards is almost 10 ypc to boot, he has potential, always has, he needs to stay healthy.

Like you said, people let recent events cloud their judgement. I was thinking about Amendola for the past couple rounds too, I was hoping he would make it back to be where I took Ingram but I guess many had the same thought. I had to check a couple times just to make sure Ingram wasnt gone. No offense to the people who took some of the rookie runners, but in a redraft they are no better then a guy like Ingram. Ingram at least showed some promise towards the end of the season with Pierre hurt. They may actually give Ingram a shot this coming year since he finally showed something, not bad for my #4 RB.
the rookie point just simply isnt true,

Whats really holding Ingram back is his situation. step back just one season, taking Lacy,Bernard, Bell were all better picks than Ingram.

Given what we know and that Thomas & sproles are all under contract, can Ingrams numbers go up a little bit? Sean Payton isnt going anywhere I expect his RB rotation to stay about the same

but to say Ingrams a better pick than Mason, Seastrunk, Hyde etc, isnt really true

the great unknown is that we dont know their situation (rookies) , so its a gamble. Ingrams siutation is pretty well know

True for the most part. He did miss 5 games and had 4 games with 4 carries or less. In each game he had double digit carries he totaled 14/145/1 and 13/83, thats not bad if they give him the ball. The problem is they have not been doing that. They had Pierre who is getting up there and Sproles has lost a few steps, I truly feel Ingram will get more carries. Not to mentioned he average 4.9 ypc this year, not to shabby for round 11. 7 catches for 68 yards is almost 10 ypc to boot, he has potential, always has, he needs to stay healthy.
The double digit carries point is a bit misleading as it's such a small sample size. Taking away the Dallas game 14/145/1 his ypa dips to 3.8 so that metric is a bit misleading as well. Most games his ypa was between 1&3. If he were ever used like other workhorse backs or even like a typical starter he would probably be good for close to a 1k season but it seems unlikely his usage will change. Payton and Drew love throwing the rock and that really hurts ingrams value. First 3 years in league he's been 45/40/63 in RB ranks so where he was drafted is probably about right. The fact he always misses games doesn't help either. Pretty sure he missed multiple games in 11 & 12 as well.

The double digit carries point is a bit misleading as it's such a small sample size. Taking away the Dallas game 14/145/1 his ypa dips to 3.8 so that metric is a bit misleading as well. Most games his ypa was between 1&3. If he were ever used like other workhorse backs or even like a typical starter he would probably be good for close to a 1k season but it seems unlikely his usage will change. Payton and Drew love throwing the rock and that really hurts ingrams value. First 3 years in league he's been 45/40/63 in RB ranks so where he was drafted is probably about right. The fact he always misses games doesn't help either. Pretty sure he missed multiple games in 11 & 12 as well.
Its round 11 of 20 and he is my #4 RB in a 16 team league, there are very few if better options out there. Isolated, yes Ingram hasn't done great, in round 11, you're crazy to think it is not good value. You took Fred Jackson and Blount a few rounds earlier, is their upside any better? Blount is a big question mark and Jackson is 85 years old, his wheels will come off fast and Spiller is ready to take over. Ingram isn't anymore of a ? than them and is still young with upside. What did people think of Moreno last year, they didnt know he was gonna explode after sucking for many years.

Its round 11 of 20 and he is my #4 RB in a 16 team league, there are very few if better options out there. Isolated, yes Ingram isn't great, in round 11, you're crazy to think it is not good value.
agreed, and I saw that you deleted your point about Ball v Ingram, which looking at the regular season stats Ball was a far better pick.

Its round 11 of 20 and he is my #4 RB in a 16 team league, there are very few if better options out there. Isolated, yes Ingram isn't great, in round 11, you're crazy to think it is not good value.
agreed, and I saw that you deleted your point about Ball v Ingram, which looking at the regular season stats Ball was a far better pick.
You may have taken that out of context, I said in redraft last year Ball was taken higher than Moreno. While in WSLs last year Moreno was taken higher because of the rookie unknown, Ball was selected in redrafts, or mine at least, higher than Moreno was. Meaning rookies are a gamble and that is my point. I prefer the known where I can and stated I take vets all day in a previous post. In no way did I compare the value of Ball to Ingram to be clear.

I agree to an extent. To me though top DSTs can vary from year to year rather wildly. Houston and Denver were consensus top 5 last year and Houston ended number 32. Denver finished 11 but less than 1 ppg better than number 25. Then throw in chiefs/panthers who were drafted in bottom 3rd or lower and they finished 1 and 3. I find it highly unlikely Seahawks DST falls off a cliff but just saying it happens unexpectedly.

Last point is that DSTs will always get you something. They always play so less risk to me going late than with other players that you want to get a hold of earlier that will score in case your top guys are out.

Noted without further comment: In 2013, the correlation between the WSL ADP of a D/ST unit and the number of points they scored was 0.03.

Its round 11 of 20 and he is my #4 RB in a 16 team league, there are very few if better options out there. Isolated, yes Ingram hasn't done great, in round 11, you're crazy to think it is not good value. You took Fred Jackson and Blount a few rounds earlier, is their upside any better? Blount is a big question mark and Jackson is 85 years old, his wheels will come off fast and Spiller is ready to take over. Ingram isn't anymore of a ? than them and is still young with upside. What did people think of Moreno last year, they didnt know he was gonna explode after sucking for many years.
I'm not looking for high upside out of Jackson. His floor is much higher than Ingram and for that matter so is Blounts. Do you really believe spiller is a 20+ touch player? I don't. I think there will be a mix shift probably more 60/40 to spiller and probably 5% in plays in buffalo but Jackson should still be in line for 12-15 touches per game (and goal line). Yes he's almost 33 but only 1300 touches or so in nfl. He's had 4 top 25 finishes in 5 years and 3 top 15 in 5 years on well under 300 touches each year. Seems like a solid floor that to me is higher than ingrams upside. 2013 was the year Jackson would drop off and spiller exploded, so now it's 2014? I'll talk Blount later when I have a chance. I'd be willing to bet both guys out produce Ingram next year in this format.

Noted without further comment: In 2013, the correlation between the WSL ADP of a D/ST unit and the number of points they scored was 0.03.
Interesting any idea what this looked like on 2012 and 2011?

The little Shanannigan hire just destroyed Gordons value. Typically his WRs dominate targets, but Gordon is not his underneath type of WR.

The little Shanannigan hire just destroyed Gordons value. Typically his WRs dominate targets, but Gordon is not his underneath type of WR.
I hope this thought takes hold in the FF community. The only fear you should have with Gordon is a positive test.

I wish we could stop all the table talk on undrafted players. It's not a huge deal, but if you have played FF for any length of time you should know it's bad form.

I wish we could stop all the table talk on undrafted players. It's not a huge deal, but if you have played FF for any length of time you should know it's bad form.
Give me a break...last time I checked this was a friendly message board draft meant to generate conversation ahead of next years draft to help get the ball rolling on valuations. This isn't poker ..Would you prefer me to say that other guy that's 4th on the depth chart?

11.14 Marcus Lattimore RB 49ers
I came soo close to taking him 4 picks ago. Upside is the same if not higher than most of the rookies
I was crossing my fingers that he would make it back too me. I have been sniped alot this draft.
Yea... I shoulda taken him at 10.02 but thought he would last one more turn. oh well.
Missed Lattimore & now D Allen.. I greatly misjudged by taking Lee.

Give me a break...last time I checked this was a friendly message board draft meant to generate conversation ahead of next years draft to help get the ball rolling on valuations. This isn't poker ..Would you prefer me to say that other guy that's 4th on the depth chart?
It's been happening since early on but whatevs~ This is serious business.

QB - Nick Foles PHI

QB - Johnny Manziel Rookie

RB - Doug Martin TB

RB - Trent Richardson IND

RB - Jeremy Hill Rookie

RB - Marcus Lattimore SF

WR - Dez Bryant DAL

WR - Keenan Allen SD

WR- Sammy Watkins Rookie

WR - Hakeem Nicks NYG

WR - Emmanuel Sanders PIT

TE - Charles Clay MIA

QB - Matt Ryan, Mike Vick

RB - DeMarco Murray, Chris Johnson, Lache Seastrunk, Ben Jarvis Green Ellis

WR - AJ GReen, Marques Colston, Stevie Johnson, Justin Hunter

TE - Jordan Cameron, Antonio Gates

BAMAC-love the Boykin pick..to some degree dependent on if Jones stays but even if not all of the top 3 receivers get banged up enough for him to see plenty of time on the field.

krsone21 said:
QB - Nick Foles PHI

RB - Doug Martin TB

RB - Jeremy Hill Rookie

RB - Marcus Lattimore SF

WR - Dez Bryant DAL

WR - Keenan Allen SD

WR- Sammy Watkins Rookie

WR - Hakeem Nicks NYG

TE - Charles Clay MIA
You must go to Vegas a lot. Intriguing team, but way too much risk IMO.

QB - Peyton Manning DEN, 1.07

QB - Eli Manning NYG, 7.07

RB - Arian Foster HOU, 2.10

RB - Fred Jackson BUF, 8.10

RB - Andre Brown NYG, 9.07

RB - Legarette Lount NE/FA, 10.10

WR - Andre Johnson HOU, 3.07

WR - Wes Welker DEN, 5.07

WR- Cecil Shorts JAX, 6.10

WR - Rod Streater OAK, 11.07

TE - Jason Witten DAL, 4.10

krsone21 said:
QB - Nick Foles PHI

RB - Doug Martin TB

RB - Jeremy Hill Rookie

RB - Marcus Lattimore SF

WR - Dez Bryant DAL

WR - Keenan Allen SD

WR- Sammy Watkins Rookie

WR - Hakeem Nicks NYG

TE - Charles Clay MIA
LOL, yea usually I play it safe in these survivor leagues. This year I'm just closing my eyes pointing at a board of players and going with that player. Seriously though I have been sniped a lot this draft. My team would look so much different if a few players would have fell just a spot or three.

krsone21 said:
QB - Nick Foles PHI

RB - Doug Martin TB

RB - Jeremy Hill Rookie

RB - Marcus Lattimore SF

WR - Dez Bryant DAL

WR - Keenan Allen SD

WR- Sammy Watkins Rookie

WR - Hakeem Nicks NYG

TE - Charles Clay MIA
LOL, yea usually I play it safe in these survivor leagues. This year I'm just closing my eyes pointing at a board of players and going with that player. Seriously though I have been sniped a lot this draft. My team would look so much different if a few players would have fell just a spot or three.
I think my team is a lot like your past teams

Aaron Rodgers QB GB

Brian Hoyer QB CLE

Frank Gore RB SF
Montee Ball RB DEN

Pierre Thomas RB NOS

Torrey Smith WR BAL
Rueben Randle WR NYG

Brian Hartline WR MIA

Riley Cooper WR PHI

Rob Gronkowski TE NEP

Coby Fleener TE IND

Dwayne Allen TE IND

Aaron Rodgers QB GB

Brian Hoyer QB CLE

Frank Gore RB SF

Montee Ball RB DEN

Pierre Thomas RB NOS

Torrey Smith WR BAL

Rueben Randle WR NYG

Brian Hartline WR MIA

Riley Cooper WR PHI

Rob Gronkowski TE NEP

Coby Fleener TE IND

Dwayne Allen TE IND
Normally I'm not a fan of tripling up at the start-1 positions in these, but Fleener/Allen is the perfect way to do it if you're going to. You got real lucky he fell to you there.

Surprised how with everyone gobbling up rookies that Mike Evans was still on the board, all 6'5", 220 lbs of him. I think he helped Johnny Football look good more than a few times.

Users who are viewing this thread