What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL1 discussion (1 Viewer)

Was glad to see the QB slide long enough for me to land Ryan. We'll see how the offense runs without Gonzalez, but he put up top 10 numbers without Julio. I thought the biggest dropoff after 30 picks would be at WR so I went with Wallace hoping he can't do much worse in year 2 with Miami.

M Ryan

L McCoy

J Nelson

V Jackson

M Wallace

BassNBrew said:
QB - Luck, Foles

RB - Vereen

WR - Jeffrey

TE - Graham

I think I was the first to get two QBs. Not something I had planned on doing but QBs slipped so far. I wouldn't have selected Newton as QB4 and was happy to have my choice of Foles/Stafford/Luck. I actaully had them ranked in that order, but felt Luck was the safest pick and his schedule is beyond cake. He had his regression this year and still had decent numbers, next year he probably takes a step forward. When it came to 5.5 I was surprised to see Foles still there. I had planned to go QB in the 6th or 7th as I like having two decent options in WSL version of these leagues when so many mid round picks can flame out and the QB situations are unsettled with several franchises. I think it's likely I get similiar talent at RB/WR with my next pick as I would have gotten here.

Between Foles and Luck I draw NYG/DAL/WAS 9 times.
Glad you're not drafting right next to me as we see things too similar. Foles was the guy I almost took over Brady, but like you with Luck, I went with the QB I feel absolutely comfortable with. It allows me to go riskier elsewhere as we proceed. With Foles, I think he could be awesome again but I'm curious to see if the loss Lazor affects him at all. Musgrave is a good replacement, but more than others, that move is a small concern with the QB having less than a season under his belt.

He's a great QB2 though, and your combo will compete with Peyton/Rodgers/Brees for the best QB position.

I disagree on Cam though, he would have been my #4
Carolina doesn't have the WR options to justify Cam at QB4. I really think his ceiling is limited. The red zone offense fell apart as the season progressed. I'm also not a believer in Shula and the defense also limits the upside of the offense.
He was the #5 QB last year, maybe that's his ceiling but it's not like he's losing anyone.

FUBAR said:
QB: Tom Brady

RB: Jamal Charles

RB: CJ Spiller

WR: Randall Cobb

TE: Jordan Reed

Pretty happy with this team so far, although I expected a QB run earlier than it happened. At 4.15 I had 2 QB targets (and a 3rd I would have been happy with) and Reed was the last of the tier IMO. So that choice was fairly easy although I did consider Wallace.

With Brady, I think last year was his floor. His receivers either got accused of murder, went to Denver, or were out most of the year. Yet the guy wins. I came very close to taking a different QB here, but I'll take the relative safety of Brady. We'll see if it pans out, but I do like having at least a few safe picks in these drafts.
Hell of a start through 5

BassNBrew said:
QB - Luck, Foles

RB - Vereen

WR - Jeffrey

TE - Graham

I think I was the first to get two QBs. Not something I had planned on doing but QBs slipped so far. I wouldn't have selected Newton as QB4 and was happy to have my choice of Foles/Stafford/Luck. I actaully had them ranked in that order, but felt Luck was the safest pick and his schedule is beyond cake. He had his regression this year and still had decent numbers, next year he probably takes a step forward. When it came to 5.5 I was surprised to see Foles still there. I had planned to go QB in the 6th or 7th as I like having two decent options in WSL version of these leagues when so many mid round picks can flame out and the QB situations are unsettled with several franchises. I think it's likely I get similiar talent at RB/WR with my next pick as I would have gotten here.

Between Foles and Luck I draw NYG/DAL/WAS 9 times.
Glad you're not drafting right next to me as we see things too similar. Foles was the guy I almost took over Brady, but like you with Luck, I went with the QB I feel absolutely comfortable with. It allows me to go riskier elsewhere as we proceed. With Foles, I think he could be awesome again but I'm curious to see if the loss Lazor affects him at all. Musgrave is a good replacement, but more than others, that move is a small concern with the QB having less than a season under his belt.

He's a great QB2 though, and your combo will compete with Peyton/Rodgers/Brees for the best QB position.

I disagree on Cam though, he would have been my #4
Carolina doesn't have the WR options to justify Cam at QB4. I really think his ceiling is limited. The red zone offense fell apart as the season progressed. I'm also not a believer in Shula and the defense also limits the upside of the offense.
He was the #5 QB last year, maybe that's his ceiling but it's not like he's losing anyone.
He was 12th in PTD and that's with Rodgers behind him. The rush yards and TDs have been sliding and I suspect will continue to slide. Without the rushing stats he becomes pretty erratic with his points.

FUBAR said:
QB: Tom Brady

RB: Jamal Charles

RB: CJ Spiller

WR: Randall Cobb

TE: Jordan Reed

Pretty happy with this team so far, although I expected a QB run earlier than it happened. At 4.15 I had 2 QB targets (and a 3rd I would have been happy with) and Reed was the last of the tier IMO. So that choice was fairly easy although I did consider Wallace.

With Brady, I think last year was his floor. His receivers either got accused of murder, went to Denver, or were out most of the year. Yet the guy wins. I came very close to taking a different QB here, but I'll take the relative safety of Brady. We'll see if it pans out, but I do like having at least a few safe picks in these drafts.
Hell of a start through 5
It's like we're playing for 2nd place now.

Year after year in the WSL's, I'm surprised by the QB run both by its timing and its intensity. Was happy to have a middle pick this year thinking I might finally avoid getting caught at the wrong end of it. Silly me. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Year after year in the WSL's, I'm surprised by the QB run both by its timing and its intensity. Was happy to have a middle pick this year thinking I might finally avoid getting caught at the wrong end of it. Silly me. :(
Not sure what you're saying here. You got Wilson 1.5 rounds later than he went last year. 8 QBs were off the board by 3.11 last year. Everyone had a shot to get top caliber QB talent at price lower than the historical norm. Besides that, I'm not sure how you can say you got caught when Wilson is a very good QB to have.

Here's my definition of how little I understand how WSL works (in my second year). In the last round, I was deciding between Edelman, Patterson, and Boldin, yet somehow Boldin got back to me. At the same time, I've sniped Reaper (w/ Bell) and he's sniped me twice (Jackson and Jackson), so maybe I know what I'm doing... or Reaper knows as little as I do. I'm going to go with "A"... and hope its not B.

had crabtree been healthy all year.....you may not have been as high as you are on Boldin right now......that is probably part of the reason he made it back to you....if you make a list of guys who stats are likely to decline, and possibly somewhat significantly......Boldin would probably be on that list...

had crabtree been healthy all year.....you may not have been as high as you are on Boldin right now......that is probably part of the reason he made it back to you....if you make a list of guys who stats are likely to decline, and possibly somewhat significantly......Boldin would probably be on that list...
plus hes a UFA and might not be back in SF anyway

Could you imagine him in Detroit?

1.12 Peyton Manning QB DEN

4.05 Knowshon Moreno RB DEN

5.12 Montee Ball RB DEN

So 5th round comes along and I take look everywhere (and I mean everywhere) and see nothing that I have to have and a ton of question marks, especially at RB. I seriously almost took a QB here just cause I didn't have one of those "oh I'm so excited _________ made it to me" moments. So I decide to take away any doubt and lock up the DEN RB situation. I have now guaranteed that 3 of my top 5 picks will share a bye week.....sweet....Personally I think it's 90/10 that Moreno is resigned and assumes a similar yet somewhat reduced role. Either way, even if the reduction is significant, I have it on lockdown and I could see a scenario where both of these guys "count" for me on the same week. When you are putting up that many points I could easily see both of them scoring for me as it doesn't take much to venture into the RB2 scoring range in these leagues. Plus if one gets hurt, I got the other. May or may not have gone this direction in an 18 round draft, but with a couple extra slots I can make this move and adjust later. Hopefully DEN has a huge week before their bye and my three Donkeys help me secure immunity.

2.05 Julio Jones WR ATL

3.12 Jordan Cameron TE CLE

3 thoughts

One, I'm hoping that since Crabtree was on the roster last year when they signed him that they still feel like they can actually get that production out of him. If he drops a few points he ends up with the pack the pack with the guys that are left but with a chance that he holds value and possibly improves in year two.

Two, i usually shy away from fee agents in first year with new team, but figure he would be on team 4 and has been successful so far, so what the heck...

Three, please Kerry him go to Detroit

Here's my definition of how little I understand how WSL works (in my second year). In the last round, I was deciding between Edelman, Patterson, and Boldin, yet somehow Boldin got back to me. At the same time, I've sniped Reaper (w/ Bell) and he's sniped me twice (Jackson and Jackson), so maybe I know what I'm doing... or Reaper knows as little as I do. I'm going to go with "A"... and hope its not B.
After the first few rounds, most of my tiers are deep and more based on personal / gut feeling. So I fully expect one or more of the guys from my "short" consideration list to make it to the next round. It's less likely drafting at the ends, but it still happens.

Losing him is possible but I suspect SF likes what he brings to the offense, and is not easily replaced.

That said, he does turn 34 early next season. Not elderly, but may slow down some.

1.12 Peyton Manning QB DEN

4.05 Knowshon Moreno RB DEN

5.12 Montee Ball RB DEN

So 5th round comes along and I take look everywhere (and I mean everywhere) and see nothing that I have to have and a ton of question marks, especially at RB. I seriously almost took a QB here just cause I didn't have one of those "oh I'm so excited _________ made it to me" moments. So I decide to take away any doubt and lock up the DEN RB situation. I have now guaranteed that 3 of my top 5 picks will share a bye week.....sweet....Personally I think it's 90/10 that Moreno is resigned and assumes a similar yet somewhat reduced role. Either way, even if the reduction is significant, I have it on lockdown and I could see a scenario where both of these guys "count" for me on the same week. When you are putting up that many points I could easily see both of them scoring for me as it doesn't take much to venture into the RB2 scoring range in these leagues. Plus if one gets hurt, I got the other. May or may not have gone this direction in an 18 round draft, but with a couple extra slots I can make this move and adjust later. Hopefully DEN has a huge week before their bye and my three Donkeys help me secure immunity.

2.05 Julio Jones WR ATL

3.12 Jordan Cameron TE CLE
I'd love the Broncos RB combo if you didn't have Peyton, but that bye week will be risky for you.

kardplayer said:
Don't go by me... I'm not thrilled here...

these 16 teamers are funny drafting at the end - sometimes things just fall in your lap all draft and sometimes...... well....

This one has been work for me..... Feel like the other end of the draft has better value at this point....

I'll try to look at it deeper later when the kid is asleep and I get some Whiskey.

kardplayer said:

these 16 teamers are funny drafting at the end - sometimes things just fall in your lap all draft and sometimes...... well....

This one has been work for me..... Feel like the other end of the draft has better value at this point....

I'll try to look at it deeper later when the kid is asleep and I get some Whiskey.
I see it the other way around.

From your spot I would be sitting on Bryant / Julio / Harvin / CJ2kRB / Kaep or Cutler / TE next

From Duckboy's Lynch / Gronk / Crabtree / Harvin / RG3

kardplayer said:

I see it the other way around.

From your spot I would be sitting on Bryant / Julio / Harvin / CJ2kRB / Kaep or Cutler / TE next

From Duckboy's Lynch / Gronk / Crabtree / Harvin / RG3
I can see that but, At this point in the offseason I simply punted on Julio and another foot injury with Dez already on board. Then, having my RB tier done a pick before, I broke from my usual wait on QB plan and took Rodgers.

Those QB's didn't even last that long in WSL2 so, again that's the fun of the end...

I chose DeSaun over Harvin at this point as well... meh.

I'm not saying I hate my team.. It's got potential... just not getting "my players" falling in my lap.

Aaron Rodgers

Andre Ellington

Steven Jackson

Dez Bryant

Desaun Jackson

Not sure what you're saying here. You got Wilson 1.5 rounds later than he went last year. 8 QBs were off the board by 3.11 last year. Everyone had a shot to get top caliber QB talent at price lower than the historical norm. Besides that, I'm not sure how you can say you got caught when Wilson is a very good QB to have.
It isn't so much the round it starts, but the intensity of it once it does start. Wilson went as a middling QB1 last year, but he'll go as a low end one this year. As Sweet said above

10 QBs over 17 picks between Round 4 and 5.

05.15 QB Jay Cutler

06.02 QB Colin Kaepernick

02.02 RB Reggie Bush

01.15 WR Brandon Marshall

04.15 WR Wes Welker

05.02 WR T.Y. Hilton

I have glaring holes at RB and TE, overpaid for QBs, and reached for Welker. I assumed Decker would leave Denver in free agency and Welker, while not taking over Decker's role, would simply get a bigger slice of the receiving pie. Now it sounds like Decker is a priority resigning candidate for the Broncos. Add Welker's concussion issues to the equation, and the result is a bad pick.

05.15 QB Jay Cutler

06.02 QB Colin Kaepernick

02.02 RB Reggie Bush

01.15 WR Brandon Marshall

04.15 WR Wes Welker

05.02 WR T.Y. Hilton

I have glaring holes at RB and TE, overpaid for QBs, and reached for Welker. I assumed Decker would leave Denver in free agency and Welker, while not taking over Decker's role, would simply get a bigger slice of the receiving pie. Now it sounds like Decker is a priority resigning candidate for the Broncos. Add Welker's concussion issues to the equation, and the result is a bad pick.
Welker is not a bad pick there. He's 3rd rd talent IMO in ppr x 16. I also don't think you overpaid for QBs. You're going to be in the upper 1/3 at QB and WR. You can still end up middle of the road at RB. TE is going to suck for alot of teams.

Sorry again all. Was caught up in Snowmageddon here in Atlanta. Left work at 1 pm EST yesterday and just got home today, a mere 26 hours later.

If you need to replace me, then ok.

Sorry again all. Was caught up in Snowmageddon here in Atlanta. Left work at 1 pm EST yesterday and just got home today, a mere 26 hours later.

Glad you are OK...what did you do for 26 hours???

pretty sweet 6-7 turn by Broadway G....I almost took Pitta at 6.04 even with Cameron already on board....Bowe was on the short list hoping he might be an option in the 7th....think he bounces back even after being unstartable in redrafts last year....

Pitta was the primary target for me. He looked pretty sharp after he came back.

Bowe, we'll see how a year under the system treats him. He put up some reasonable numbers in the 2nd half of the year after a vomit-inducing start.

Total gridlock on all interstates and surface streets. Many times it would take an hour just to go 0.25 miles. Over 1000 wrecks reports. 2 fatalities. For me, I got to a point after 7 hours where I and over 200 other cars got to a very steep hill that was iced over and no one could navigate it. So everyone would start walking up the hill thinking there was maybe a gas station or a place to stay for awhile to get out of the cold. I was bombarded with texts/calls from friends/family trying to help out, but there wasn't much they could do since they couldn't get to me or even close. While I was doing that a lady across the street kept asking if I was ok and if I needed help or needed to get out of the cold. She and two others were standing outside drinking wine and watching the carnage apparently. Eventually, not knowing what the heck I was going to do, I obliged. They were all very nice and even allow me to stay on the couch for the night. About 1 pm EST yesterday the hill thawed a bit and so several of us still parked there gave it a-go and made it up and out of there. Craziness...

Total gridlock on all interstates and surface streets. Many times it would take an hour just to go 0.25 miles. Over 1000 wrecks reports. 2 fatalities. For me, I got to a point after 7 hours where I and over 200 other cars go to a very steep hill that was iced over and no one could navigate it. So everyone would start walking up the hill thinking there was maybe a gas station or a place to stay for awhile to get out of the cold. I was bombarded with texts/calls from friends/family trying to help out, but there wasn't much they could do since they couldn't get to me or even close. While I was doing that a lady across the street kept asking if I was ok and if I needed help or needed to get out of the cold. She and two others were standing outside drinking wine and watching the carnage apparently. Eventually, not knowing what the heck I was going to do, obliged. They were all very nice and even allow me to stay on the couch for the night. About 1 pm EST yesterday the hill thawed a bit and so several of us still parked there gave it a-go and made it up and out of there. Craziness...
this needs to be moved to Free for All immediately for further discussion....

Total gridlock on all interstates and surface streets. Many times it would take an hour just to go 0.25 miles. Over 1000 wrecks reports. 2 fatalities. For me, I got to a point after 7 hours where I and over 200 other cars go to a very steep hill that was iced over and no one could navigate it. So everyone would start walking up the hill thinking there was maybe a gas station or a place to stay for awhile to get out of the cold. I was bombarded with texts/calls from friends/family trying to help out, but there wasn't much they could do since they couldn't get to me or even close. While I was doing that a lady across the street kept asking if I was ok and if I needed help or needed to get out of the cold. She and two others were standing outside drinking wine and watching the carnage apparently. Eventually, not knowing what the heck I was going to do, obliged. They were all very nice and even allow me to stay on the couch for the night. About 1 pm EST yesterday the hill thawed a bit and so several of us still parked there gave it a-go and made it up and out of there. Craziness...
A storm like that is a normal afternoon here in South Dakota. :)

You should have asked them to borrow their computer to get your picks in on time. :nerd:

Got sniped on both Rueben Randle and Bowe.

Hated taking another QB especially the "other" Manning, but didn't want to risk being left with the choice of Geno, Carson, or Henne as my #2.

Bowe, we'll see how a year under the system treats him. He put up some reasonable numbers in the 2nd half of the year after a vomit-inducing start.
Great value on Pitta. I would have taken him at 7.5 even with Graham on board. He should have gone in the 5th. Really surprised that the vets here are letting value like that slip to the Charles owner.

Great value on Pitta. I would have taken him at 7.5 even with Graham on board. He should have gone in the 5th. Really surprised that the vets here are letting value like that slip to the Charles owner.
Had Big Ben been off the board where I picked in the 6th, I would have punted all together on QB (unless Eli returned to me in the 7th, which he would not have) and taken Pitta. Was planning going into the draft to select about four very low-end QBs and take that route (it has worked well for me in the past two SSLs). Our draft is going very different as compared to WSL2.

BroadwayG said:

I was very close to taking Pitts over Austin and would have had you not taken him. Good pick

bro1ncos said:

Hated taking another QB especially the "other" Manning, but didn't want to risk being left with the choice of Geno, Carson, or Henne as my #2.
I jumped on Randle after looking at the rosters for teams 1-4. Huge draft advantage especially with each of your rosters being so close in position distribution.

bro1ncos said:
Same here but I don't think Geno or Carson even make it back so I think we'd be looking at more questionable and/or rookie QBs. Just didn't want to take that chance. It seems like I hate taking my 2nd QB every league. Maybe I'll take 2 early from now on so I can at least feel good that the 2nd QB is someone worth taking.

QB - Luck, Foles

RB - Vereen, Richardson

WR - Jeffrey, Randle

TE - Graham

Feel much better about Luck/Foles in the 4th / 5th. Randle and Richardson are pretty close to the talent I would have gotten in those rounds anyway. I'm extremely happy Richardson made it to me. The Colts have too much invested in him not to give him a shot. He was talented enough to be the 3rd overall pick in the NFL draft. Hopefully this season was a wake up call for him and between that and a full offseason in Indy he'll produce this year Speaking of producing, he still managed RB32 this year. Not a bad floor for a 7th round pick.

bro1ncos said:

I jumped on Randle after looking at the rosters for teams 1-4. Huge draft advantage especially with each of your rosters being so close in position distribution.
I wanted Colston, Randle or Blackmon. With 2 gone, I knew you'd take Randle, as your roster is the same as ours and you'd be going WR.

Just a heads up but we need to bump up the pace by a smidge. If we're not to round 10 by Monday I'll be cutting the clock to get this draft on a 4 week time table I promised.

bro1ncos said:

I wanted Colston, Randle or Blackmon. With 2 gone, I knew you'd take Randle, as your roster is the same as ours and you'd be going WR.
I would have been fine with shorts. I had Richardson and MJD as my best available coming into that pick. 3 of the 4 behind me had 2 RBs rostered, you, fubar and Bronco had one WR each (BG had 2). I was pretty obvious that I needed to take a WR 1st and wait on RB. Worked out well for me.

QB - Luck, Foles

RB - Vereen, Richardson

WR - Jeffrey, Randle

TE - Graham

Feel much better about Luck/Foles in the 4th / 5th. Randle and Richardson are pretty close to the talent I would have gotten in those rounds anyway. I'm extremely happy Richardson made it to me. The Colts have too much invested in him not to give him a shot. He was talented enough to be the 3rd overall pick in the NFL draft. Hopefully this season was a wake up call for him and between that and a full offseason in Indy he'll produce this year Speaking of producing, he still managed RB32 this year. Not a bad floor for a 7th round pick.
Richardson is a worthwhile gamble, but one I didn't want to take. He's my RB3 in my main dynasty league (behind Charles and ADP), so I'm hopeful but he did nothing this year to indicate a bright future. I even drafted him in the playoffs mock here and got nothing from him. The 7th is cheap enough here, so maybe he'll be worth it.

Current:

Brady

Charles, Spiller, Miller

Cobb, Austin

Reed

I'm happy so far, but I almost took Pitta at 6.15 and whichever of Bowe/Austin fell to me. I didn't take Pitta simply because I don't know how often he'd score for me while Miller provides a decent hedge with risk at RB. Makes for a good Cerberus.

Figured it was unlikely BG would take two receivers, but I wanted Austin. Think he can be a PPR machine with some big games, although he's likely to put up some stinkers too.

Sinrman said:

Total gridlock on all interstates and surface streets. Many times it would take an hour just to go 0.25 miles. Over 1000 wrecks reports. 2 fatalities. For me, I got to a point after 7 hours where I and over 200 other cars got to a very steep hill that was iced over and no one could navigate it. So everyone would start walking up the hill thinking there was maybe a gas station or a place to stay for awhile to get out of the cold. I was bombarded with texts/calls from friends/family trying to help out, but there wasn't much they could do since they couldn't get to me or even close. While I was doing that a lady across the street kept asking if I was ok and if I needed help or needed to get out of the cold. She and two others were standing outside drinking wine and watching the carnage apparently. Eventually, not knowing what the heck I was going to do, I obliged. They were all very nice and even allow me to stay on the couch for the night. About 1 pm EST yesterday the hill thawed a bit and so several of us still parked there gave it a-go and made it up and out of there. Craziness...
Glad you finally made it. What part of town where you stuck in and where do yo live?

bro1ncos said:
Same here but I don't think Geno or Carson even make it back so I think we'd be looking at more questionable and/or rookie QBs. Just didn't want to take that chance. It seems like I hate taking my 2nd QB every league. Maybe I'll take 2 early from now on so I can at least feel good that the 2nd QB is someone worth taking.
Thank you both for taking my top 2 options.

Palmer/ASmith

CJohnson/Stacy

DThomas/MFloyd

VDavis

QB is nothing to get excited about. Solid but not exciting. I like the RB pairing. WRs are flashy. Top 5 TE possibly top 3.

Happy with it so far. Don't feel like I have a huge hole in any one area which is good as we get to the middle rounds.

Users who are viewing this thread