What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL1 discussion (1 Viewer)

I'm doing something I thought I'd never do and it'll probably wind up costing me -- going with only one kicker.
thought about doing it too.....but ended up pulling the trigger on a second one....at this point in the draft you really can't count on the guys you pick to score for you.....but I think DST and PK are a little different.....even the bottom guys have a pretty good shot at counting for you a few times througout the season......and if you can get a handful, maybe even more scoreable weeks out of one of your last few picks I think it gives you a bump....even the studs have weeks where all they do is kick extra points.....I look at taking that second PK not so much about getting a ton of points but more about increasing your chances to post a score at a starting position and helping you advance when you need it....

I have Walsh and Scobee and wouldn't be surprised to see Scobee count for me half the time or more.....granted Walsh isn't a world beater....although he was top 5 in 2012.....
With 20 rounds and this deep in the draft (so who knows if your picks now will even score for you) and with so many unknowns (FAs, cuts, injuries), I don't see any reason to go with only1 kicker.
I may go solo. Depends if I see any contributors on the board at 20.12. Used to be pretty easy to draft a kicker late. With all the kicker injuries over the last couple of year, we now have about 8 extra kickers in the league. I think Tampa has 3 decent kickers rostered (maybe they let one go). I see one decent kicker remaining and may go that route. Really depends if any of my sleepers are left. With you guys drafting every rookie available, there's definately some talent left on the board. I expect Tolbert to outscore 80% of the rookie RBs drafted.

Last year you could get Moreno or a second kicker in these leagues. That's why I went Richardson last round rather than a kicker.
I agree with this....this seems like a record year for number of rooks drafted.
I agree also....didn't take a single rookie

Ref - I like your team a lot to stick around for a while. You might not have top flight high potential, but solid is a good way to go, especially in these early drafts.

Kearse gives some upside IMO, especially if Tate leaves or Harvin gets injured again.

Agreed with Rene on the rookies. doubt I'll draft one in the 20th, though it's possible. Occasionally rookies can be good values, but there's risk there.

Hoyer just sitting out there.... might not be worth much but i expect him to start at least a few games. Hardly ever go 3 QBs, but Locker isnt a medical marvel and Hoyer looked good for a time last year.

The "Hindsight post". If we could go back and make changes with the benefit of hindsight:

1.02 Fubar - Jamaal Charles - RB2 KCC KEEP
2.15 Fubar - Randall Cobb - WR10 GBP KEEP

3.02 Fubar - CJ Spiller - RB16 BUF - KEEP

4.15 Fubar - Jordan Reed - TE8 WAS - Might change to K Wright if I'd get Pitta later.

5.02 Fubar - Tom Brady - QB8 NEP - KEEP

6.15 Fubar - Tavon Austin - WR39 STL - change to Pitta

7.02 Fubar - Lamar Miller - RB28 MIA - Change to Maclin, only because I'd take Hyde in the 8th. But really don't mind this pick at all.
8.15 Fubar - Jake Locker - QB25 TEN - Hyde (knowing I'd get Hoyer late)

9.02 Fubar - Kenny Stills, WR50 NOS - KEEP

10.15 Fubar - Jared Cook - TE21 STL - KEEP

11.02 Fubar - Golden Tate - WR61 SEA - KEEP

12.15 Fubar - Buffalo Defense DEF10 BUF - Change to K Davis
13.02 Fubar - Da'Rick Rogers WR71 IND - KEEP

14.15 Fubar - Adam Vinatieri - PK8 IND - KEEP
15.02 Fubar - Christine Michael - RB61 SEA - Green Bay

16.15 Fubar - Mike Nugent - PK19 CIN - KEEP
17.02 Fubar - Washington DEF30 WAS - KEEP

18.15 Fubar - Latavius Murray - RB69 OAK - KEEP

19.02 Fubar - Quinton Patton, WR91 SFF - KEEP

20.15 Fubar - Brian Hoyer - QB CLE - KEEP
Overall not bad. As mentioned, a few more 2nd year WRs than planned, but that's where I thought the value was. Locker might be a wasted pick if Hoyer keeps his starting job (and I think he will). Even knowing what would be available later, I wouldn't change much. Biggest "regret" is not grabbing Knile Davis, but if Michael or Murray do well, it was a lucky break as I likely wouldn't have drafted either if I had security for Charles.

KC and Seattle are two of the few teams I'd make it a priority to get their backups. After I drafted Spiller, I gave thought to ensuring to draft Fred Jackson and Davis and just having 4 RBs over two teams, but bye weeks could have blown that plan. And after drafting Miller I wanted to wait on RBs longer than Fred would stay around. I'll be interested to see if Maclin/Fred would have been better than Miller/Stills. :grad:

Brady, Locker

Charles, Spiller, Miller

Cobb, Austin, Stills, Tate

Reed, Cook

I took this turn to mitigate some of the risk at WR and TE. Cook is no longer the "next big thing" and has dropped from the SSLs last year (8.02 in SSL4) but as the #21 TE taken, he was the #20 TE last year ppg. I think he does better this year and presents value without much risk.

Tate will be an interesting FA this year. I don't know if Seattle brings him back (though it seems he wants to, and they seem to want him back) and I'm not worried about it - if he leaves I think/hope he signs with a team like Detroit or Philly. If he re-signs with Seattle, he'll be the #2 if Harvin stays healthy. Either way, he was the #30 WR last year and I highly doubt he falls out of the WR3 range.

Both picks make me feel more comfortable with the amount of risk I've taken so far.
I don't agree with you regarding Tate. I see his value elsewhere being huge compare to his value with Harvin in Seattle.
:clap: He'll make a decent WR2 IMO now.

Good win on the "he'll be great if he signs with Detroit" lottery (connected to 3 or 4 players if I remember the thread correctly). Now we'll see if that was a good theory or not!

Good win on the "he'll be great if he signs with Detroit" lottery (connected to 3 or 4 players if I remember the thread correctly). Now we'll see if that was a good theory or not!
Thanks. Although Renesauz did better with Denver's Defense. Scary how much money Elway is putting into FA this year.

After Further Review............. :penalty:

1.12 Peyton Manning QB DEN

[SIZE=10.5pt]13.12 Michael Vick QB FA NYJ[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Manning loses Decker /Moreno but gains Sanders and keeps Welker. Vick gets a new gig and shouldn't have any trouble beating out Geno which makes getting him in the 13th pretty much :moneybag: . This position gets a bump for Ref.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]4.05 Knowshon Moreno RB FA MIA[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]5.12 Montee Ball RB DEN[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]7.12 Stevan Ridley RB NE[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]10.05 Pierre Thomas RB NO[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]18.05 Roy Helu Jr. RB WAS[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Moreno lands in MIA, could be better could be worse. Won't get the production from last year but if Ball sniffs what Moreno got and Moreno assumes the lead role I guess it has to be a bump right? Glad I went this direction in the draft as at the time I really thought Moreno might resign in DEN. Covering my ### here with the Ball pick at 5.12 almost makes that pick look like a SOD at this point. Ridley fending off added competition. Thomas loses Sproles and signs a new deal, he's a better football player than Ingram but will need to fend of Robinson. Helu may get more work in new offensive scheme. In the end, I think REF gets a bump here too.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]2.05 Julio Jones WR ATL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]6.05 Marques Colston WR NO[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]8.05 Danny Amendola WR NE[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]9.12 James Jones WR FA OAK[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]14.05 Jermaine Kearse WR SEA[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]17.12 Jerricho Cotchery WR FA CAR[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]20.05 Andre Roberts WR FA WAS[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Not sure how Lafell and Edelman signings affect Amendola, probably not good. Could have been some better spots for Jones but at least he gets a serviceable Schaub along for the ride. Tate heads to DET so more PT for Kearse? It's at least one less body in the mix. If Cotchery is a starter that should be a bump but not sure yet what to think of Roberts in WAS. They should throw and they signed him early. I'm leaning towards a push here.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]3.12 Jordan Cameron TE CLE[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]12.05 Owen Daniels TE HOU FA[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Daniels looking to be a wild card right now. Signing in GB would be sweet, but for some reason that seems to make WAY too much sense so it probably won't happen. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]15.12 Blair Walsh PK MIN[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]19.12 Josh Scobee PK JAC[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]11.12 Bengals DST[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]16.05 Eagles DST[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Overall: Starting to like this team even more but I guess that is to be expected when your FA's end up signing. But that combined with some of the other things going on (Sproles/Tate leaving,Cotchery maybe a starter?, etc) should bump this mess a little. If the guy at the top stays upright, I got a shot at staying out of last place most weeks.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] :banned: [/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
7.02 Fubar - Lamar Miller - RB28 MIA - Change to Maclin, only because I'd take Hyde in the 8th. But really don't mind this pick at all.

:wall:

Mixed bag during free agency for me

+ Edelman (4) stays in NE

+ Boldin (5) stays in SF

- Blount (7) to Pitt = definitely a backup vs. staying in NE where he would have been periodically (if not always) the starter/stud of the game, plus with Bell already now I have 2 backs (I don't love handcuffs - I'm more of an all or nothing kind of guy)

- Ingram (9) downgraded with Pierre staying (not that Ingram was anywhere near a lock, but would have liked to see him go in as "#1")

- Geno (10) downgraded thanks to Vick

+ Donald Brown leaves Indy, making some room for Bradshaw (20)

QB: Tannehill, Bradford
RB: Murray, Morris, D Brown, D Thomas, R Turbin, B Bolden
WR: Wayne, Decker, Blackmon, E Sanders, M Lee ®, D McCluster, M Sanu
TE: D Walker, G Graham
K: Gostkowski
DST: DOLPHINS, STEELERS

Not too much change for me. Decker to the Jets hurts. Other than that....?

bye weeks......

After Further Review............. :penalty:

1.12 Peyton Manning QB DEN (4)

[SIZE=10.5pt]13.12 Michael Vick QB NYJ (11) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]4.05 Knowshon Moreno RB MIA (5)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]5.12 Montee Ball RB DEN (4)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]7.12 Stevan Ridley RB NE (10)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]10.05 Pierre Thomas RB NO (6)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]18.05 Roy Helu Jr. RB WAS (10)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]2.05 Julio Jones WR ATL (9)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]6.05 Marques Colston WR NO (6)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]8.05 Danny Amendola WR NE (10)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]9.12 James Jones WR OK (5)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]14.05 Jermaine Kearse WR SEA (4)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]17.12 Jerricho Cotchery WR CAR (12) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]20.05 Andre Roberts WR WAS (10)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]3.12 Jordan Cameron TE CLE (4)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]12.05 Owen Daniels TE BAL (11)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]15.12 Blair Walsh PK MIN (10)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]19.12 Josh Scobee PK JAC (11)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]11.12 Bengals DST (4) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]16.05 Eagles DST (7)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Got thru the bye weeks with very little damage.....game on....!..... :banned: [/SIZE]

Didn't get schedule wrecked as much as the PDSL, although week 9 is still a glaring deficiency. Only free agency shakeup was Williams going to Buffalo.

M Ryan - 9

D Carr - ?

L McCoy - 7

T Mason - ?

C Hyde - ?

J Rodgers - 9

J Nelson - 9

V Jackson - 7

M Wallace - 5

D Bowe - 6

M Williams - 9

J Kerley - 11

R Matthews - 5

D Pitta - 11

S Chandler - 9

L Trololo - 9

R Gould - 9

A Henery - 7

Raiders - 5

Bucs - 7

QB: Tannehill (5), Bradford (4)

RB: Murray (11), Morris (10), D Brown (10), D Thomas 5), R Turbin (4), B Bolden (10)

WR: Wayne (10), Decker (11), Blackmon (11), E Sanders (4), M Lee ® (??), D McCluster (9), M Sanu (4)

TE: D Walker (9), G Graham (10)

K: Gostkowski (10)

DST: DOLPHINS (5), STEELERS (12)

Dodged bullets in not sharing bye weeks for QB, TE, K, and DST. Weeks 10 and 11 will be rough for me though with a number of RBs and WRs off.

Brady (10), Locker (9), Hoyer (4)
Charles (6), Spiller (9), Miller (5), Michael (4), Murray (5)
Cobb (9), Austin (4), Stills (6), Tate (9), Rogers (10), Patton (8)
Reed (10), Cook (4)

Vinny (10), Nuge (4)

BUF (9), WAS (10)
Weeks 9 and 10 could be moderately rough, but overall I can't complain

Team Recap Post Schedule Release

QB - Cam Newton 4.11 (12) J. Manziel Rookie (?)

RB - Matt Forte 1.6 (9), MJ Drew 6.11 (5), Gerhart 14.11 (11), Shonn Greene 18.11 (9), Ogbonnaya 20.11 (4)

WR - An Brown 2.11 (12), Garcon 3.6 (10), Ke Wright 5.6 (9), Nicks 8.11 (10), N Washington 12.11 (9), Ace Sanders 19.6 (11)

TE - Rudolph 7.6 (10), Finley 11.6 (?), Kelce 13.6 (6)

PK - Bullock 16.11 (10), Novak 15.6 (10)

DST - Seattle 10.11 (4), Jacksonville 17.6 (11)

Finally had to pull the trigger on Kelvin Benjamin. Probably shouldn't have risked waiting as long as I did. Chris Carter may have only caught TD passes. All Benjamin does is win championships and he will play a big role in Team BnB's championship. Option one he'll be the leading WR on the Panthers this year. He'll be a natural fit for Newton's high passes. Option 2 he replaces Decker in Denver and gives Manning a new toy. Option 3/4/5 Saints/Pats/Chargers.
Bump.

Finally had to pull the trigger on Kelvin Benjamin. Probably shouldn't have risked waiting as long as I did. Chris Carter may have only caught TD passes. All Benjamin does is win championships and he will play a big role in Team BnB's championship. Option one he'll be the leading WR on the Panthers this year. He'll be a natural fit for Newton's high passes. Option 2 he replaces Decker in Denver and gives Manning a new toy. Option 3/4/5 Saints/Pats/Chargers.
Bump.
Huzzah! Nice call.

Updated team:

QB - Ben Roethlisberger

QB - Blake Bortles

RB - Gio Bernard

RB - Frank Gore

RB - Chris Ivory

RB - BenJarvus Green-Ellis

RB - Kendall Hunter

WR - AJ Green

WR - Victor Cruz

WR - Percy Harvin

WR - Stevie Johnson

WR - Doug Baldwin

TE - Charles Clay

TE - Brandon Pettigrew

Def - NY Jets

Liking the make up of this team...a pain spot "could" be TE. While I do think Clay will get the nod in Miami, I am a little concerned about Pettigrew. My best hope is that he does not get retained and goes to a team like the Jets. I will say, I made out like a bandit on QB. Roethilsberger as QB18 at 6.08 and Bortles at QB31 at 15.09 provided great value. Last year I won SSL1 with Vick, Flynn and Geno as my QBs (the year before I won SSL4 with Freeman, Kolb and Kafka), and this group I have now is much better than that crew. The question is, did I make smart picks with the value I gained at QB...the Stevie Johnson pick was weak. Hindsight, I should have gone Maclin, Hyde, Mason or even Stills on that one.

RB will be interesting. Think I covered my bases with Green-Ellis, and while I think Lattimore is the better talent and would have preferred him to Hunter, I do think Hunter gets some type of opportunity if Gore goes down.
Little shake-up here...waiting on QB and getting Roth and Bortles looks great...TE is worse than I thought with the Ebron selection (Pettigrew is now third in line for targets among TEs...let alone players!). If Stevie Johnson does not get moved (Jets or Carolina maybe?), Then my biggest strength (WR) takes a hit.

Brady (10), Locker (9), Hoyer (4)

Charles (6), Spiller (9), Miller (5), Michael (4), Murray (5)

Cobb (9), Austin (4), Stills (6), Tate (9), Rogers (10), Patton (8)

Reed (10), Cook (4)

Vinny (10), Nuge (4)

BUF (9), WAS (10)
Weeks 9 and 10 could be moderately rough, but overall I can't complain
a few strikes yesterday.

Team Recap Post Draft

QB - Cam Newton 4.11 (12) J. Manziel Rookie (4)

RB - Matt Forte 1.6 (9), MJ Drew 6.11 (5), Gerhart 14.11 (11), Shonn Greene 18.11 (9), Ogbonnaya 20.11 (4)

WR - An Brown 2.11 (12), Garcon 3.6 (10), Ke Wright 5.6 (9), Nicks 8.11 (10), N Washington 12.11 (9), Ace Sanders 19.6 (11)

TE - Rudolph 7.6 (10), Finley 11.6 (?), Kelce 13.6 (6)

PK - Bullock 16.11 (10), Novak 15.6 (10)

DST - Seattle 10.11 (4), Jacksonville 17.6 (11)

Manziel to Cleveland looked promising for a day, but he will likely be on the field well before week 12 so that's a plus.

FInally getting around to a final review of my squad.

[SIZE=11.666666030883789px]01.15 Busman[/SIZE] - Brandon Marshall WR6 CHI
02.02 Busman - Reggie Bush - RB9 DET

03.15 Busman - Wes Welker - WR20 DEN

04.02 Busman - T.Y. Hilton - WR23 IND

05.15 Busman - Jay Cutler - QB14 CHI

06.02 Busman - Colin Kaepernick - QB16 SFF

07.15 Busman - Heath Miller - TE15 PIT

08.02 Busman - Danny Woodhead - RB34 SDC

09.15 Busman - Eric Ebron - TE20 DET

10.02 Busman - Andre Brown - RB44 HOU

11.15 Busman - St Louis Defense DEF7 STL

12.02 Busman - Danario Alexander - WR66 FA
13.15 Busman - Brandon Lafell - WR78 NE

14.02 Busman - Justin Tucker - PK3 BAL
15.15 Busman - Graham Gano - PK16 CAR

16.02 Busman - Dallas DEF20 DAL
17.15 Busman - Miles Austin - WR86 CLE

18.02 Busman - Brandon Bostick - TE32 GBP

19.15 Busman - Denard Robinson - RB73 JAC

20.02 Busman - Ted Ginn, Jr. - WR99 ARI
Positional Breakdown:

05.15 Busman - Jay Cutler - QB14 CHI

06.02 Busman - Colin Kaepernick - QB16 SFF
02.02 Busman - Reggie Bush - RB9 DET

08.02 Busman - Danny Woodhead - RB34 SDC

10.02 Busman - Andre Brown - RB44 HOU

19.15 Busman - Denard Robinson - RB73 JAC

01.15 Busman - Brandon Marshall WR6 CHI
03.15 Busman - Wes Welker - WR20 DEN

04.02 Busman - T.Y. Hilton - WR23 IND

12.02 Busman - Danario Alexander - WR66 FA

13.15 Busman - Brandon LaFell - WR78 NE

17.15 Busman - Miles Austin - WR86 CLE

20.02 Busman - Ted Ginn, Jr. - WR99 ARI
07.15 Busman - Heath Miller - TE15 PIT

09.15 Busman - Eric Ebron - TE20 DET

18.02 Busman - Brandon Bostick - TE32 GBP

11.15 Busman - St Louis Defense DEF7 STL

16.02 Busman - Dallas DEF20 DAL

14.02 Busman - Justin Tucker - PK3 BAL
15.15 Busman - Graham Gano - PK16 CAR
QB looks like a strength, albeit more in depth than in high upside.

RBs were mostly overdrafted, but I might have some salvageable scores thanks to Bush and Woodhead getting a lot of receptions.

WRs are marred by the 12th round reach Danario Alexander's likely-over career. Otherwise I like this group OK.

TE is below average.

DEF is OK, although I have no idea why I would think to take Dallas at DEF 20. Should've been much lower and therefore should've taken another team.

PKs good.

Overall: looks like a quick exit.

QB: Tannehill (5), Bradford (4)

RB: Murray (11), Morris (10), D Brown (10), D Thomas 5), R Turbin (4), B Bolden (10)

WR: Wayne (10), Decker (11), Blackmon (11), E Sanders (4), M Lee ® (??), D McCluster (9), M Sanu (4)

TE: D Walker (9), G Graham (10)

K: Gostkowski (10)

DST: DOLPHINS (5), STEELERS (12)

Dodged bullets in not sharing bye weeks for QB, TE, K, and DST. Weeks 10 and 11 will be rough for me though with a number of RBs and WRs off.
Well, it looks like my Blackmon gamble is not going to pay off. :(

But I'm still digging this team.

The "Hindsight post". If we could go back and make changes with the benefit of hindsight:

1.02 Fubar - Jamaal Charles - RB2 KCC KEEP
2.15 Fubar - Randall Cobb - WR10 GBP KEEP

3.02 Fubar - CJ Spiller - RB16 BUF - KEEP

4.15 Fubar - Jordan Reed - TE8 WAS - Might change to K Wright if I'd get Pitta later.

5.02 Fubar - Tom Brady - QB8 NEP - KEEP

6.15 Fubar - Tavon Austin - WR39 STL - change to Pitta

8.15 Fubar - Jake Locker - QB25 TEN - Hyde (knowing I'd get Hoyer late)

9.02 Fubar - Kenny Stills, WR50 NOS - KEEP

10.15 Fubar - Jared Cook - TE21 STL - KEEP

11.02 Fubar - Golden Tate - WR61 SEA - KEEP

12.15 Fubar - Buffalo Defense DEF10 BUF - Change to K Davis
13.02 Fubar - Da'Rick Rogers WR71 IND - KEEP

14.15 Fubar - Adam Vinatieri - PK8 IND - KEEP
15.02 Fubar - Christine Michael - RB61 SEA - Green Bay

16.15 Fubar - Mike Nugent - PK19 CIN - KEEP
17.02 Fubar - Washington DEF30 WAS - KEEP

18.15 Fubar - Latavius Murray - RB69 OAK - KEEP

19.02 Fubar - Quinton Patton, WR91 SFF - KEEP

20.15 Fubar - Brian Hoyer - QB CLE - KEEP
Overall not bad. As mentioned, a few more 2nd year WRs than planned, but that's where I thought the value was. Locker might be a wasted pick if Hoyer keeps his starting job (and I think he will). Even knowing what would be available later, I wouldn't change much. Biggest "regret" is not grabbing Knile Davis, but if Michael or Murray do well, it was a lucky break as I likely wouldn't have drafted either if I had security for Charles.

KC and Seattle are two of the few teams I'd make it a priority to get their backups. After I drafted Spiller, I gave thought to ensuring to draft Fred Jackson and Davis and just having 4 RBs over two teams, but bye weeks could have blown that plan. And after drafting Miller I wanted to wait on RBs longer than Fred would stay around. I'll be interested to see if Maclin/Fred would have been better than Miller/Stills. :grad:
:unsure:

always fun to look back at these. First two picks were solid, then not so much. Miller, Tate and Hoyer could be steals.

Users who are viewing this thread