What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Things that only Happen in Florida! (1 Viewer)

I live in Hernando, FL. There is a little dive bar near my house that is called Hernando's Hideaway. There are always 2 or 3 riding mowers parked right in front. Once they lose their licenses to DUI's the only way they these guys can legally get around is on their mowers.
:lol:  I thought it was illegal to operate anything you can "drive" while under the influence. Pretty sure it is here. Maybe states have different laws?  

How about horses? 

I live in Hernando, FL. There is a little dive bar near my house that is called Hernando's Hideaway. There are always 2 or 3 riding mowers parked right in front. Once they lose their licenses to DUI's the only way they these guys can legally get around is on their mowers.
Around here it's the "drunkcycles".  49cc mopeds or bike conversion kits that don't require a license or registration.

Ain't gonna be in the news, but my wife in in Orlando for a conference.  Texted me last night that a police chase went right through the hotel parking lot last night.  No footage, sorry.

Typical day at the marina. At lest he didn’t drag a shark on the line behind the boat to boot.
When we lived in Destin all summer long the tourists would tell the capn's, "yes, we want to keep the shark." Then I'd see dead sharks all over the docks and the Filipinos would take most of them home but not all. Disgusting. 

When we lived in Destin all summer long the tourists would tell the capn's, "yes, we want to keep the shark." Then I'd see dead sharks all over the docks and the Filipinos would take most of them home but not all. Disgusting. 
Why would the tourists want the shark?

Why are there dead sharks on the docks?

What do Filipinos do with dead sharks?

Yeah, I have questions.

Why would the tourists want the shark?

They know nothing about shark conservation and are thrilled to hook one.

Why are there dead sharks on the docks?

Once they get to the docks with their trophy they decide it's not gonna be a pleasant vacation in the condo with the shark stinking things up and it'll never fit in the cooler. The capn's just want happy customers and should educate better.

What do Filipinos do with dead sharks?

Eat them. They also offer to clean your catch and keep the heads for soup.

Yeah, I have questions.

Submitted without comment

PALATKA, Fla. - An all-terrain vehicle rider is dead following a crash Saturday afternoon at the Hog Waller Mud Bog ATV park in Palatka, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.

Troopers confirmed that 31-year-old William Lamire of Starke was involved in the 3:24 p.m. crash during the Dirty Deeds ATV Bounty Hole Extravaganza, troopers said.

Lamire fell out of the vehicle when it overturned, according to FHP. He was the only person in the vehicle and was not wearing a helmet, according to the report.

A portion of the ATV park was closed as troopers investigated the crash.

Users who are viewing this thread