What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Oldest piece of clothing you own? (1 Viewer)

BobbyLayne

Footballguy
And still wear on a semi-regular basis?

I'm wearing a Gear hoodie today from my alma mater. I know I bought this Homecoming weekend in 1992. This thing is indestructible; other than the rectangular outside tag that is faded, it looks like it could have been bought last night.

Kind of unusual as I generally rotate most things out to charity after 3-4 years. But I don't make it back on campus often, so I guess I kept it for sentimtntal reasons.

What's the oldest thing you own and still wear outside your home?

I have a sweatshirt that I've had since 1990-1991. Still looks pretty nice (no holes, etc). My winter coat is probably 15+ years old.

Got a thick, heavy Ecuadorean pancho my ex-wife's uncle gave me circa 1983. It's a lovely dark brown/tan straw combo; itchy as hell. I break it out occasionally for dog walks around the pond.

I still wear the same belt everyday that I wore in high school, which I graduated from in '91

Wore a pair of military Arctic socks this weekend to shovel the driveway. I liberated them in 1982.

Old farts. All of those dates in the early 90s I was still in kids sizes.

Probably a pair of Adidas 3 stripe shoes I got in HS around 99. Still mow the lawn in them.

I'm 34. My grandfather passed when I was 17 in 96.

I took a suit of his when the family was told to take any clothes they would wear. He probably had it 20-25 years.

So id estimate he bought it around 1970-1975. That'd make it about 40-45 years old.

It's my go to suit. Tough to call it green or grey. Maybe split pea soup. Had to pull it out a couple of weeks ago for my wife's grandfather's funeral.

I'm 34. My grandfather passed when I was 17 in 96.

I took a suit of his when the family was told to take any clothes they would wear. He probably had it 20-25 years.

So id estimate he bought it around 1970-1975. That'd make it about 40-45 years old.

It's my go to suit. Tough to call it green or grey. Maybe split pea soup. Had to pull it out a couple of weeks ago for my wife's grandfather's funeral.
larry allen will be disappointed by this answer

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two pair of dress shoes and one pair of boots that I bought in 89, winter coat was 96 that I still wear today.

I own an Adidas long sleeve t-shirt that I was pictured with when I was in grade school, and is about 18 years old.

I still have my Fraternity jacket from 1979. Never wear it though.

I also still have a Steelers jacket from the mid 70s and my son occasionally wears it on very cold games.

Kind of unusual as I generally rotate most things out to charity after 3-4 years.
We do the same and I don't have anything of sentimental value that I wear regularly. I have a Rangers Stanley Cup champ shirt from 94 but I never wear it.

Kind of unusual as I generally rotate most things out to charity after 3-4 years.
We do the same and I don't have anything of sentimental value that I wear regularly. I have a Rangers Stanley Cup champ shirt from 94 but I never wear it.
Old guy (and I'm not young) sitting next to me on the train yesterday was sporting a 100th WS Yankees cap from circa 2003 that looked NIB.

I still sometimes wear my Pulp Fiction t-shirt from 1994. I've got three things that are older, an INXS shirt from 1987 and a Depeche Mode shirt from 1988, but both are a bit tattered and too small to wear. Also a Rush shirt from the Roll The Bones Tour in 1992. That one is one wash away from falling apart; I can't ever wear it again.

I *might* have my old jean jacket from the mid-80's in a box somewhere, but I haven't seen it in probably 20 years.

I have a Polo sweatshirt I still wear that was a Christmas present in 1989. It was also worn by multiple women in my dorm during my two year stint in college.

Either Charlie Brown Christmas shirt or Wolf Creek Ski Area shirt. Both about 20 years old. I generally only wear the Charlie Brown shirt on Christmas morning, but it has proven a popular shirt to sleep in for the ladies over the years. One tried to steal it.

I've got a few t-shirts from the mid-90's that I've had since either middle school or freshman year of high school. I think my oldest shirt is either a Clemson soccer camp t-shirt or a Makaveli/Death Row Records t-shirt. I should really just throw all of my old t-shirts away, as I almost never wear t-shirts that are not made from the soft, high quality fabric these days. It's just hard to let go of some of those classic Ts that have shared so many life experiences with me.

I have authentic Blackhawks jerseys (home and away) that I received for Christmas in back to back years. I would place these as Christmas 1990 and 1991, so right at 25 years old.

I have a pair of 16 year old isotoner leather gloves. I wear them throughout the winter.

edited to add: I have a patagonia fleece pullover that was given to me by a friend… I'm guessing it is 20+ years old.

SmoovySmoov said:
I have authentic Blackhawks jerseys (home and away) that I received for Christmas in back to back years. I would place these as Christmas 1990 and 1991, so right at 25 years old.
so its 2015 already?

I don't know when the TB Bucs won the Superbowl, but I have a SB tee shirt that I just love to sleep in. Thin, comfortable, perfect. It's got holes on the shoulders/back of the neck - I don't care. Still pack it on road trips, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread