What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shooting In Mall In Columbia Maryland (1 Viewer)

Well, whatever we're doing as a nation it's not working. Seems to be getting worse in fact. Way too many nut jobs with guns who I assume crave the publicity and whatever else these acts give them.

Small world to see this here. My son and I walked in to the macys about 10 steps when a deluge of people rushed our way saying shots had been heard. Didn't immediately believe them but after they pummeled eachother through the exit, I scooped the boy put of there.

Sounds like domestic issue went off in the food court and 3 dead.

I go to the mall roughly twice a year.

Small world to see this here. My son and I walked in to the macys about 10 steps when a deluge of people rushed our way saying shots had been heard. Didn't immediately believe them but after they pummeled eachother through the exit, I scooped the boy put of there.

Good lord. Glad you are okay. Scary stuff.

Malls, movie theaters, schools, churches....jesus.

Wow. That's scary. I'm glad you are safe.

AK-47's for everyone
You can't even take 20 minutes off from being a complete #######?
You don't think the anti-gun people out there are within their rights for expressing their frustration with this? I mean....come on. We want to know what it will take for America to rethink its stance on gun control because if Sandy Hook didn't do it, we don't know what will. Forgive TG for expressing his emotions through irreverent choices. Guys like us are just....we're ####### tired of this ####. We've been tired of this ####. For decades. It's tragic and it sucks, but I for one am exhausted at typing out compassionate words of sorrow when these shootings happen every other week, with varying degrees of tragic horror. And yet we do nothing. Nothing.

AK-47's for everyone
You don't think the anti-gun people out there are within their rights for expressing their frustration with this? I mean....come on. We want to know what it will take for America to rethink its stance on gun control because if Sandy Hook didn't do it, we don't know what will. Forgive TG for expressing his emotions through irreverent choices. Guys like us are just....we're ####### tired of this ####. We've been tired of this ####. For decades. It's tragic and it sucks, but I for one am exhausted at typing out compassionate words of sorrow when these shootings happen every other week, with varying degrees of tragic horror. And yet we do nothing. Nothing.
Great :goodposting:

No matter what happens, we do nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
These incidents seem to be happening with greater frequency- not sure that's statistically true, but it sure feels like it...

AK-47's for everyone
Wow. One of the best posts I have read here in a very long time. Well stated.

I think if the whole mall was armed, this would have never have happened...

or

There would be way more people dead

AK-47's for everyone
It's a terrible post, rivaled only by TG's awful one preceeding it. You want to rant, put it in the gun control policy debate thread. It's terrible for plenty of other reasons, but I don't want to violate my previous sentence myself.

AK-47's for everyone
You don't think there's a better way and time to do so? Do you really think a stupid comment like his is going to lead to anything productive happening?

Believe me, I understand and share the frustration, but I would guess there are dozens of FBGs and their families and friends who frequent that mall. A little discretion would be nice.

AK-47's for everyone
While I agree with your frustration. What are you proposing? Americans give up all guns? The way Americans gave up some of their rights in the name of a war on terror? How has that been working out?

I don't see the anti-gun crowd coming up with any better solutions than the pro-gun crowd.

AK-47's for everyone
While I agree with your frustration. What are you proposing? Americans give up all guns? The way Americans gave up some of their rights in the name of a war on terror? How has that been working out?I don't see the anti-gun crowd coming up with any better solutions than the pro-gun crowd.
Theres not been another 9/11 for over a decade now if only there weren't another mass shooting for over a decade.

It's disrespectful to talk about gun control right after a mass shooting! Please continue to table the discussion until all mass shootings have stopped or everyone is dead.

AK-47's for everyone
To be fair....this could have been done with knives, rocks, metal folding chairs or frying pans......You prepared to legislate all those things away too?

All firearms should be banned from civillian possession and those caught in possession should be thrown in prison for two decades without parole.

It should be harder to obtain guns, easier to track them, and there should be more severe punishment for violation of the laws, including improperly securing them in you home if stolen or used by a family member.

So despite statistics that show violent crime is down across the board (at least our current administration tells us), everyone is all upset that this is some kind of new trend?

Not to sound harsh, but this is just like the media's coverage of the Shark Attacks in 2001. Every time a person was attacked, it was the top story on the news that night and people saw it as an epidemic. Yet, when all was said and done and the numbers tallied up, the numbers were no higher than they were the years before,

I think that (taking some of the more abhorrent crimes out of the mix Sandy Hook for example) these random shooting were 3-4 people are killed are not anything new and not some kind of trend, but just something the media latches on to and reports with screaming headlines to incite people and drive ratings.

Again just my .02.

It's disrespectful to talk about gun control right after a mass shooting! Please continue to table the discussion until all mass shootings have stopped or everyone is dead.
Yes, judging from your comments it's clear you both are only interested in having a rational discussion about gun control.

Glad you weren't having lunch there today, btw.

AK-47's for everyone
While I agree with your frustration. What are you proposing? Americans give up all guns? The way Americans gave up some of their rights in the name of a war on terror? How has that been working out?I don't see the anti-gun crowd coming up with any better solutions than the pro-gun crowd.
Universal background checks.

Magazine limits.

Assault Rifle ban.

Your turn.

So despite statistics that show violent crime is down across the board (at least our current administration tells us), everyone is all upset that this is some kind of new trend?

Not to sound harsh, but this is just like the media's coverage of the Shark Attacks in 2001. Every time a person was attacked, it was the top story on the news that night and people saw it as an epidemic. Yet, when all was said and done and the numbers tallied up, the numbers were no higher than they were the years before,

I think that (taking some of the more abhorrent crimes out of the mix Sandy Hook for example) these random shooting were 3-4 people are killed are not anything new and not some kind of trend, but just something the media latches on to and reports with screaming headlines to incite people and drive ratings.

Again just my .02.
I think these are very good points.

Yes, judging from your comments it's clear you both are only interested in having a rational discussion about gun control.

Glad you weren't having lunch there today, btw.
It's no sweat as I've now been assured by Courtjester that this is no big deal. Stupid media!

AK-47's for everyone

Magazine limits.

Assault Rifle ban.

Your turn.
But it's pretty clear old Tom Jefferson wanted all the crazies to have high capacity machine guns.

AK-47's for everyone
It's a terrible post, rivaled only by TG's awful one preceeding it. You want to rant, put it in the gun control policy debate thread. It's terrible for plenty of other reasons, but I don't want to violate my previous sentence myself.
Why? Why is it always "bad taste" to discuss these issues when an event like this occurs? Why do people (usually conservatives) always insist we use "discretion" and then get outraged anytime somebody mentions gun control? Frankly I'm sick of it.

I don't pretend to have the answers. Court Jester just made some excellent points in opposition to anything that might be proposed, and he very well may be right. But please stop telling us we can't even have the discussion. It's absolutely appropriate, and not in bad taste at all, to talk about guns during incidents like these. GM's post was excellent because he expressed the frustration that most of us feel.

AK-47's for everyone

Magazine limits.

Assault Rifle ban.

Your turn.
Please make me laugh more - Tell me what an assault rifle is. No need to capitalize the first letters either.

AK-47's for everyone
Why? Why is it always "bad taste" to discuss these issues when an event like this occurs? Why do people (usually conservatives) always insist we use "discretion" and then get outraged anytime somebody mentions gun control? Frankly I'm sick of it.

I don't pretend to have the answers. Court Jester just made some excellent points in opposition to anything that might be proposed, and he very well may be right. But please stop telling us we can't even have the discussion. It's absolutely appropriate, and not in bad taste at all, to talk about guns during incidents like these. GM's post was excellent because he expressed the frustration that most of us feel.
You should start your own thread on it, imo.

AK-47's for everyone

You should start your own thread on it, imo.
No, we should discuss it HERE.

Again just my .02.
Whether it's a new trend or not, there are ways to make it less likely, and we keep refusing to do them. One obvious means of reducing gun violence is to have background checks on all gun purchases and transfers without exception. Another way is to have universal registration of all firearms owned in this country.

Facebook conversation with my friend from Maryland.

Him: 3 dead Columbia md mall. This #### is getting wild. Take more guns from us

Me: When did the gun confiscation start?

Him: Oct 1

Me: Really? People actually took your guns? I haven't heard of that before. Please elaborate.

Him: We'll no more ar15s most take pistol class with finger printing to get a pistol no look alike guns anything that looks like a assault rifle not taking them but they are trying.

Me: Got it.

Wow, that's nuts. Glad you weren't around there just a few minutes earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread