captain_amazing

Indefinite New England Patriots Thread

4,608 posts in this topic

I believe Buffalo holds the rights o Boldin and he is not a free agent. It has been reported he had talked to NE before signing with BUF. 

In other news, the stadium in Mexico City that is scheduled to host the Pats and Raiders in November sustained heavy damage from an earthquake. That game may end up being played in Oakland instead. 

34 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Hightower, Gronk, and Amendola all practicing today. 

Full practice? Wow, unexpected but certainly appreciated.

I could still see one or all 3 of these guys sitting this week vs. the lowly Texans.

Dola will likely will have limited snaps if he does play.

14 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

I believe Buffalo holds the rights o Boldin and he is not a free agent. It has been reported he had talked to NE before signing with BUF. 

In other news, the stadium in Mexico City that is scheduled to host the Pats and Raiders in November sustained heavy damage from an earthquake. That game may end up being played in Oakland instead. 

I didn't realize Bolden retired. I thought he was just unsigned.

If Bolden and NE did want to partner up ... Pats would likely only need to give up a very late draft pick to BUF

since BUF's options would be; give up nothing (since Bolden would rather stay retired than play for you) and take this 7th rd draft pick .. or stand pat and get nothing.

The guy would need to get back into shape but last that I saw, he was a pillar of fitness. He's got to be lightyears ahead of anyone else they could bring in at this stage as far as talent and experience.

I believe we're past the guaranteed contract date now so if the Pats got him and wanted out of the contract later on ... no harm to release him.

16 hours ago, Bossman said:

New England Sports Network

Gillette Stadium was crowded with free agents Monday, as the New England Patriots reportedly worked out six players, including a 2013 first-round pick, at the facility. The Patriots tried out defensive linemen Datone Jones and Jonathan Woodard, wide receivers River Cracraft, Nelson Spruce and Kenny Lawler and defensive back Robert Nelson, ESPN’s Field Yates and Mike Reiss reported Monday. The Patriots were down to just one fully healthy receiver by the end of Sunday’s 36-20 win over the New Orleans Saints.

I could see the Patriots bringing in Anquan Bolden. He was productive last year all the way thru week 17. 

I would think his skill set would mesh well with what the Patriots are looking for.

I thought Anquan Boldin retired on his own accord.  

3 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

Hightower, Gronk, and Amendola all practicing today. 

I saw a tweet from Ben Volin (Boston Globe) that Gronk did not practice today. Here we go, I suppose...

2 hours ago, Casting Couch said:

I thought Anquan Boldin retired on his own accord.  

He did, but he was under contract to the Bills when he did so.  They can't make him play for them, but they can prevent him from playing for another team.

44 minutes ago, Mr.Blonde said:

I saw a tweet from Ben Volin (Boston Globe) that Gronk did not practice today. Here we go, I suppose...

Apparently Gronk was seen at the start of practice but ultimately did not participate. 

1 person likes this