captain_amazing

Indefinite New England Patriots Thread

4,136 posts in this topic

If we were(I am a pats fan) going all in I would get Fitz over another TE.

Who will replace Talib?

Who will replace Talib?

Maybe we take a run at Revis?

Graham and Revis, did I miss the Pats freeing up 25M in cap space?

No, but there is almost 10 extra million on the cap this year from last year.

Revis alone is 16M against the cap.

the one team who could take Clowney and make him a model citizen with regards to his work ethic,would be the Patriots..

the ONE thing that team desperately needs is a sack-happy, menacing D-lineman..

you have to figure that Clowney's stock has fallen somewhat since the Combine.

so, perhaps he goes in the 5-8 range of the first round.

Pats just need to figure out how to get up there..

I'm sure Bellichick is seeing shades of LT while watching Clowney..same type of player that must be accounted for at the snap of the ball..

Revis alone is 16M against the cap.

I agree would be tough, but where there is a will there is a way.

We're losing all are guys arg! Are we on a rebuild or should i expected this because we never pay our guys

Chef, I don't know how you can say we never pay, we are almost always in the top 1/3 for money being spent. That is why we are good year in and out.

Being a Pats fan on the first day of free agency is like being a fifth grader on the first day of school...it's just not fun...

1 person likes this

The Pats do this. Why is anyone surprised? BB would and crew don't believe players - with the exception of maybe Brady - matter. It's the system they value. And BB's giant 'look at how good I am because I don't need players to win ego'. Also they expect the players to buy into playing for the Patriots (because they are so great compared to other teams...) above getting paid. As a fan I tolerate all this behavior but I don't like it because at the end of the day I think it has cost the Pats a Super Bowl or three. It sucks.

2 people like this

I have this feeling in my gut that Revis goes back to the Jets and we end up with some bargain basement jags (insert name here) when this is all said and done.I refuse to get excited about anything regardless of speculation until the ink is dry. The Pats and Bruins I swear have the same war room.

I have this feeling in my gut that Revis goes back to the Jets and we end up with some bargain basement jags (insert name here) when this is all said and done.I refuse to get excited about anything regardless of speculation until the ink is dry. The Pats and Bruins I swear have the same war room.

If you're talking about the Ray Bourque Bruins I agree...today's Bruins are fully committed to winning the whole thing...while some fans are upset about not making a slash at the deadline the B's have a much bigger window than the Pats and don't need to be making moves they will regret...right now the Pats are like the B's were with Bourque...they have an elite player (Brady) and a team that is among the best in the league and are a legit contender...that being said they don't seem willing to make those extra moves to get over the hump and you just know they aren't going the distance...there is still a lot of time left in the off-season and more often than not big free agency splashes turn into fool's gold but it would be nice to see a little more urgency to win a title while Brady is still at the top of his game...

No way is Revis going back to the Jets, he might not end up in NE but I can't see him going back to NY.

No way is Revis going back to the Jets, he might not end up in NE but I can't see him going back to NY.

My guess is Revis is like Ty Law and he's gonna go to whoever pays him the most money...

Brandon LaFell visiting the Pats today. Could be a nice depth signing on the cheap.

still alot of guys left to make some big moves. all of the wrs are still there. still some very good d-line guys.

He will be the guy who catches 100 passes this year.

Lost in the shuffle: $2m of Danny Amendola's $3m base salary became guaranteed yesterday. He does have offsets, but it means he likely stays

Lost in the shuffle: $2m of Danny Amendola's $3m base salary became guaranteed yesterday. He does have offsets, but it means he likely stays

If he could stay healthy. But he can't.

My guess is Revis is like Ty Law and he's gonna go to whoever pays him the most money...

Gotta feed my family!

A player who gets hurt a lot means does not mean they have no chance to be healthy. He enters this season with the same chances to get hurt as anyone else. Edelman seemed to always get hurt, stays healthy one year and now he is the poster child for health. The short memories in the football world. Amendola is the better player and its not a question. Would of been a waste on Edelman.

Edited by False Start

He enters this season with the same chances to get hurt as anyone else.

Not buying this for one moment.

A player who gets hurt a lot means does not mean they have no chance to be healthy. He enters this season with the same chances to get hurt as anyone else. Edelman seemed to always get hurt, stays healthy one year and now he is the poster child for health. The short memories in the football world. Amendola is the better player and its not a question. Would of been a waste on Edelman.

Why is Amendola better than Edelman...what has he done to prove that...has he had better #'s than Edelman did last year...has he played a full year like Edelman did last year...does he have Brady's trust like Edelman (check out the targets in the Denver playoff loss)...has he proven to be an excellent punt returner...the Pats may have made their bed by over-paying Amendola last year and he still could blossom but right now he has not shown he is a better player than Edelman or a better fit in the Patriot offense than Edelman is...

Why is Amendola better than Edelman...what has he done to prove that...has he had better #'s than Edelman did last year...has he played a full year like Edelman did last year...does he have Brady's trust like Edelman (check out the targets in the Denver playoff loss)...has he proven to be an excellent punt returner...the Pats may have made their bed by over-paying Amendola last year and he still could blossom but right now he has not shown he is a better player than Edelman or a better fit in the Patriot offense than Edelman is...

Why do people play through injuries if they get no respect for it? What did Edelman do in his 4 years prior to last year, did he have more catches than Amendola? Amendola had more catches by his second year the Edelman had in his career up to last year. Remember the reason Edelman saw the field was because Amendola got hurt and still toughed it out for his team and still played through a major groin injury.

How did Amendola look in game one before he got his injury, like the real deal huh? Had 5 more targets than Edelman and more catches, but hurt his groin that game and people can clearly see the difference. Amendola played three less games than Edelman and put up 3 games of 100 yards or more to Edelmans 4.

Edelman was a product of the position, Amendola has talent. Edelman caught 105 balls and only got 1056 yards, that doesn't scream explosive talent, that screams catches the ball and gets down. Anyone can do that, Amendola if healthy would do better.

He enters this season with the same chances to get hurt as anyone else named Danny Amendola

Not buying this for one moment.

I fixed it. Do you believe it now?

:goodposting:

He certainly might be better than Edelman, but it's laughable to say "it's not a question".

Which isn't going to be the Pats. This is ####ed. We should have kept Talib.

He certainly might be better than Edelman, but it's laughable to say "it's not a question".

I think its just as laughable to think Edelman is anything more than a product of the system. Amendola showed talent before he was on the Patriots. Edelman is so great he never had over 37 catches before last year. If he is more talented why did he never get a shot before the Amendola injury and why did they sign Amendola in the first place? Further more if he is so great why did they decide to let Edelman test free agency and keep Amendola on a 2 mil salary guaranteed?

Edited by False Start

Why do people play through injuries if they get no respect for it? What did Edelman do in his 4 years prior to last year, did he have more catches than Amendola? Amendola had more catches by his second year the Edelman had in his career up to last year. Remember the reason Edelman saw the field was because Amendola got hurt and still toughed it out for his team and still played through a major groin injury.

How did Amendola look in game one before he got his injury, like the real deal huh? Had 5 more targets than Edelman and more catches, but hurt his groin that game and people can clearly see the difference. Amendola played three less games than Edelman and put up 3 games of 100 yards or more to Edelmans 4.

Edelman was a product of the position, Amendola has talent. Edelman caught 105 balls and only got 1056 yards, that doesn't scream explosive talent, that screams catches the ball and gets down. Anyone can do that, Amendola if healthy would do better.

We are going to agree to disagree because you have zero respect for Edelman...when Gronk went down he was pretty much their only weapon...defenses knew Brady was going to him and he still produced...if you look at the history of Patriot WRS there are far more busts than success stories...far more...if Brady does not trust you and you don't fit into their system you are DOA...I think there are too many people discounting this fact and due to that are minimizing what Edelman brings to the table...as for Amendola I am definitely willing to cut him some slack...the early-season groin injury seemed to plague his whole season and he could possibly duplicate Edelman's production (although they still probably take a step back on special teams)...yet, until I see him healthy for a full 16 and having Brady's trust (and what else the Pats do at TE and WR) I am nervous about their receiving unit...

Not for the money the Broncos threw at him.

We are going to agree to disagree because you have zero respect for Edelman...when Gronk went down he was pretty much their only weapon...defenses knew Brady was going to him and he still produced...if you look at the history of Patriot WRS there are far more busts than success stories...far more...if Brady does not trust you and you don't fit into their system you are DOA...I think there are too many people discounting this fact and due to that are minimizing what Edelman brings to the table...as for Amendola I am definitely willing to cut him some slack...the early-season groin injury seemed to plague his whole season and he could possibly duplicate Edelman's production (although they still probably take a step back on special teams)...yet, until I see him healthy for a full 16 and having Brady's trust (and what else the Pats do at TE and WR) I am nervous about their receiving unit...

I like Edelman, have him on one of my rosters, have Amendola too. I'm just reasonable and understand that a player who catches a lot of passes because of a system does not equal a better player or more talented, explain why Welker didn't have 100 catches with the Broncos? Because he wasn't in the Patriots system.

Also, I keep seeing this product of the system like there's a lengthy history of guys producing like Edelman did...you had Troy Brown early in Brady's career, Welker's great run and one year of Edelman (who by the way was in the Pats system for three years learning their system as he converted from QB)...this is just not some huge sample size...there is no evidence that this is merely a plug and play...also Edelman played 51% of his snaps on the outside so he wasn't merely a slot guy...

I've heard it before. I'm not interested in getting great value on a bunch of guys that won't help us. Brady is running out of time.

I think its just as laughable to think Edelman is anything more than a product of the system. Amendola showed talent before he was on the Patriots. Edelman is so great he never had over 37 catches before last year. If he is more talented why did he never get a shot before the Amendola injury and why did they sign Amendola in the first place? Further more if he is so great why did they decide to let Edelman test free agency and keep Amendola on a 2 mil salary guaranteed?

Your reading comprehension is awful. I never said Edelman is so great, or that he's better than Amendola.

I've heard it before. I'm not interested in getting great value on a bunch of guys that won't help us. Brady is running out of time.

If the Pats sign Revis, everyone will forget about Talib.

I like Edelman, have him on one of my rosters, have Amendola too. I'm just reasonable and understand that a player who catches a lot of passes because of a system does not equal a better player or more talented, explain why Welker didn't have 100 catches with the Broncos? Because he wasn't in the Patriots system.

He had 73 while missing three games...he also had to share catches with Julius Thomas, Demaryuis Thomas, Eric Decker and Knowshon Moreno...I think he gave Denver exactly what they were looking for...

Edited by Boston

If the Pats sign Revis, everyone will forget about Talib.

I'll be shocked if Revis decides to not insist on a ridiculous contract, which is going to cost a #### ton more than Talib did.