What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Indefinite New England Patriots Thread (2 Viewers)

Gronk needs to be on the field every down, Vereen needs to be on the field every down, Wright needs to be on the field every down and Edelman needs to be on the field every down. At this point this offense won't work without missmatches and there are literally none at the moment cause we're fielding Edelman, Gronk half the time, Vereen half the time and random scrub WR. Also, where the #### is Develin, having running troubles and were not using our FB to block. Develin seems pretty capable of being a blocker and also a target.
Queue the Red Dragon do you see scene.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that BB purposely sought to congratulate Dobson as he came off the field after a meaningless 5 yd catch with 6 mins left in a blow out.

Going forward we are only talking about Buffalo, Buffalo is what we are talking about. Lets keep it on Buffalo.

Good game... whew! Wright was productive, Vereen looked better, Ridley was a warrior getting his 2 yards (nice long one mixed in), Gronk better, O-line better, Brady better (still inaccurate at times), Slater is awesome, Revis was Revis. Someone on the D-line has to get some pressure or they're going to be hurting against some of the QB's coming up. I hope Amendola is ok. Edelman wasn't as big a factor and that was a good thing in it's way. Brady missed him on a deep route when he had a step. Good stuff.

I guess at this point you try not to get too high after a win like this or too low after a loss like KC...that being said it was quite a relief to see them take care of business in the manner they did...a few things:

*Play-calling...great job last night...I'm sure every team deals with this but with the Pats I can not remember a loss in the last decade where I was OK with the play-calling...it is always a constant with a bad effort...last night they kept it simple and played to their strengths...getting Wright involved made a big difference and could not have come at a better time as it looks like defenses are starting to really focus on Edelman...

*O line...night and day from what we have been seeing...Stork looks like a keeper so far and it was good to see both Solder and Vollmer go back to what we expect from them...the play of this unit was probably the most important development last night...

*Ridley/Vereen...exactly how they should be used...they don't need to out-think themselves with these two...keep it simple...

*Good to see them use Revis properly...

*Gostkowski is a weapon...

*On the negative...far too many penalties...also, the pass-rush is still not where it needs to be...Chandler Jones was banged-up which does not help but this area needs to improve if they are to become a legitimate championship contender...

re: pressure

hightower was out and cincy has an excellent line ---- whitworth is a beast.

I thought the pats still did a good job getting to dalton

Easley started in place of Jones (right shoulder) but missed the second half with what the team reported as a shoulder injury. Jones was used as a situational pass-rusher.

That OL play was awesome, Burfict or not. I'm still scratching my head on that, but it's a happy confusion.

I think they will improve as they can't play any worse than they did in the second half. My point is it's sickening to look at the talent on the roster @ O-line and D-line. Like I said I feel BB has performed a minor miracle last year to get this group to the AFC title game. He will get the most out of this group but the cupboard is bare aside from Chandler , Solder and maybe a couple others. Unfortunately as good a coach BB is he's that bad a GM at this point.

WTF are we relying on Vellano, Devey etc. ? I know we have some prospects like Stork and Easley but if they don't come in and contribute sooner than later we are no better than a 10 win team at best ( and that is optimistic) with a quick playoff exit. I am fully expecting to start 0-2 as a team like Minny on the road is exactly the worst case scenario for us at this point IMO. I hope I'm wrong.
ok, are you happy now?

Tom Brady’s Former Teammate Recalls QB’s Impressive Beer-Chugging Ability

There are a couple of good anecdotes intended to display Brady’s work ethic, preparation and ability to be good a teammate. Also, Tucker reveals how the Patriots quarterback can drink beer with the best of them.

“The first was when some of the veteran offensive linemen started talking to the rookies about a chugging contest,” Tucker recalled. “No big deal for these guys and given that they were fresh out of college, you would think they’d be at the top of their game. I was surprised to see Brady take part. The rookies looked at the seemingly pretty boy quarterback and laughed. I think I snickered myself."

“We all should’ve known better."

“I still have never seen anybody chug a beer faster than Tom Brady. You should’ve seen the way he slammed down his cup — it was like he was spiking the ball after a TD. It was hilarious. It was awesome. It was textbook Brady.”

Tucker also added that Brady ended up picking up the tab. Because of course he did.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2014/10/tom-bradys-former-teammate-recalls-qbs-impressive-beer-chugging-ability/

Word is Easley suffered an AC joint separation in the Bengals game. Theres still a chance he plays Sunday against the Bills.

Some interesting stuff from a breakdown of the Bengals game:

-The Pats ran the ball 46 times for 220 yards (4.8 ypc)
-However, in the 25 rush attempts against the Bengals base defense they only managed 58 yards (2.32 ypc)

-But whenever Wright was on the field the Bengals switched to their Nickel package
-Against the Nickle, they were able to run for 160 yards on 15 attempts, including five 10+ yard runs one of which was 43
-Wright only played on 19 snaps against the Bengals but still managed to pull in all five of his targets for 85 yds and a TD

Wright brings too much to the table, if he doesn't see his usage go up I'm gonna be pulling my hair out.

I think they will improve as they can't play any worse than they did in the second half. My point is it's sickening to look at the talent on the roster @ O-line and D-line. Like I said I feel BB has performed a minor miracle last year to get this group to the AFC title game. He will get the most out of this group but the cupboard is bare aside from Chandler , Solder and maybe a couple others. Unfortunately as good a coach BB is he's that bad a GM at this point.

WTF are we relying on Vellano, Devey etc. ? I know we have some prospects like Stork and Easley but if they don't come in and contribute sooner than later we are no better than a 10 win team at best ( and that is optimistic) with a quick playoff exit. I am fully expecting to start 0-2 as a team like Minny on the road is exactly the worst case scenario for us at this point IMO. I hope I'm wrong.
ok, are you happy now?
So you think all the issues we had going into the Cincy game are all solved now ? Good, I'll start making my Feb. AZ reservations now.

ETA: Yes I am thrilled stiffs like Vellano and Devey aren't starting or gone. The bigger question is why did the Pats brass consider them viable starters in the first place?

ok, are you happy now?
So you think all the issues we had going into the Cincy game are all solved now ? Good, I'll start making my Feb. AZ reservations now.

ETA: Yes I am thrilled stiffs like Vellano and Devey aren't starting or gone. The bigger question is why did the Pats brass consider them viable starters in the first place?
it's always a work in progress, dude.

right now, I'm just enjoying the good fortune to beat the 3rd superbowl favorite with a team completely devoid of talent.

sometimes you get lucky, I guess.

ok, are you happy now?

it's always a work in progress, dude.

right now, I'm just enjoying the good fortune to beat the 3rd superbowl favorite with a team completely devoid of talent.

sometimes you get lucky, I guess.
Well at least you acknowledge the lack of talent. The problem is when you get to the playoffs you have to put on the big boy undaroos and any lack of talent will be exposed. That's assuming they get to the playoffs which to me is far from a certainty.

Brady travels, not wearing a boot.

Stork didn't travel - concussion.

Devey will start at RG, Wendell will probably move to Center. Gonna be rough.

FFS Browner also inactive. Wonder if we'll see Tyms or if he'll also be inactive.

Just curious, which RB you guys think is the better FF play rest of season.
In standard Ridley, in PPR Ridley is the safer play, but I think Vereen will finish with just as many if not more fantasy points.

Why is Browner inactive? :shrug: He spent the whole preseason with the team and the past two weeks. How much more time could he possibly need? I don't get it.

I have a real bad feeling about this game for the Pats given the issues with the O-line. If they can pull off a win I will be shocked.

Biggest loss on the defense... ####### blows. Hopefully he'll be back this season.

From @Mike Reiss:

Vince Wilfork brings Mayo's head into his arm, pulls him close for a kiss. Bills center Eric Wood among players coming over to Mayo as well.
Doesn't sound good at all.

I'm still surprised that Brady got the protection he got and that was with Connolly going down to boot. The Mayo injury put a damper on the w. It's nice to not face a viable QB in your own division.

Users who are viewing this thread