What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Indefinite New England Patriots Thread (1 Viewer)

Seriously. Who's left on the CB depth chart?
The remaining players on the depth chart are Malcolm Butler, Bradley Fletcher, Logan Ryan, Robert McClain, Chimdi Chekwa, Dax Swanson, Justin Green and rookies Darryl Roberts, Jimmy Jean and Eric Patterson.
What a pathetic group. Fletcher is the only guy who's been a regular starter, but he may be among the worst DBs in football. Butler looked good for exactly one quarter of one game last year. McClain or Chekwa may become a decide nickel back, but probably not much else. That's about it.

Butler looked pretty good everytime he was on the field. No need to sell him short. I think he's earned his spot.

Fletcher is also a year or two removed from being the best slot corner in the game, likely the reason they dumped Arrington.

Butler looked pretty good everytime he was on the field. No need to sell him short. I think he's earned his spot.

Fletcher is also a year or two removed from being the best slot corner in the game, likely the reason they dumped Arrington.
so, they signed an outsider (who sucked) for 2.5m because they didn't want to pay arrington 3m?

now who are the outside corners if fletcher's slot?

also, I liked butler in pre, so nobody has to sell me on him, but making a few good looking plays here and there is pretty different than being a consistently good starter for 70 snaps.

the guy still has very little experience, and his stats really weren't great, if you put any stock in that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. I meant more along the lines of our secondary was gonna be poor this season anyway. Might as well roll out the value players.

Got 4 months to figure it out, but I think we will be seeing some form of hybrid 4-3. 46 or 4-4, something that includes a box safety like Chung or rookie Matt Wells.

Soft zone outside single high safety. 3 or 4 linebacks, 4 dl.

Some nickel splashed in.

Well, at this point it looks like the Pats ####ed up and the shield ####ed up even worse.

They think this will ensure parity under the guise of integrity. But they've only forced the Patriots into position to hasten the second 15 year dynasty.

I'm actually superexcited to see jimmy g in action

btw, where are all you pats fans crying about what a wasted pick he was?

The two stiffest draft pick penalties in the history of the NFL for videotaping something that's legal to videotape from a location with the wrong number of walls and for the suggestion that there may have been fractionally fewer psi in a ball that was measured on a cold wet day by two machines that didn't agree and by refs that decided it was close enough. The NFL just keeps giving the pats preferential treatment.

The two stiffest draft pick penalties in the history of the NFL for videotaping something that's legal to videotape from a location with the wrong number of walls and for the suggestion that there may have been fractionally fewer psi in a ball that was measured on a cold wet day by two machines that didn't agree and by refs that decided it was close enough. The NFL just keeps giving the pats preferential treatment.
They got all the calls too.

Pats release Chimdi Chekwa(sp?), down to like 3 corners. I'm beginning to think they actually are gonna roll out a 4-4/5-2/46

In the better news department, Patriots signed Brandon Spikes to a 1 year deal - the front just keeps getting better.

Any notable FA CBs still unsigned around the league?
No.

They were pinching pennies by releasing Dennard and Arrington. I think its very likely they are gonna make a play on someone.

Or not and just scoop up some cuts lol.

Will also be interesting on offense when they roll out Brady, a running back, and all lineman and TEs and run the ball down the throats of other teams. OK, the Colts.

Football Locks (whoever that is) set the win totals as follows . . .

NEP 9.5

BUF 8.5

MIA 8.5

NYJ 7.5

BAL 9

CIN 8.5

PIT 8.5

CLE 6.5

IND 10.5

HOU 8.5

JAC 5.5

TEN 5.5

DEN 10.5

KCC 8.5

SDC 8

OAK 5.5

DAL 9.5

PHI 9.5

NYG 8.5

WAS 6.5

GBP 11

DET 8.5

MIN 7

CHI 7

NOS 9

CAR 8.5

ATL 8.5

TBB 6

SEA 11

ARI 8.5

STL 8

SFO 7.5

not pats related, but I thought this was pretty cool

From the simplest sketches to the most advanced scientific models, illustrations of mountains pretty much all look the same. Their classic pyramid form, wider at the bottom and narrowing all the way up to the top, has been ingrained in the human mind, and scientists have always assumed that land area in mountain ranges decreases the higher you climb. Until now, that is.

So, PAT rule change.

Anyone else think BB saw this coming, I mean it was his rule proposal and hes been pushing it for the last decade, but I mean literally this season.

Think the Pats are gonna have a goal line HUGE package? 4TE and Develin. Go for two everytime? RUN IT UP EVEN MORE!?

Alright so the Pats have signed Brandon Spikes and Dane Fletcher now.

It also appears that Joe Cardona has been granted a delay in his commitment to the Navy until at least after the 2015 NFL season. Dem 40 mph snaps.

I have to say, thats probably the most Belichickian #### I've ever seen. Drafts a long snapper. In the fifth. From Navy. Rumored to have taken him in the fifth to increase the chances hes allowed to play. Is then allowed to play.

Alright so the Pats have signed Brandon Spikes and Dane Fletcher now.

It also appears that Joe Cardona has been granted a delay in his commitment to the Navy until at least after the 2015 NFL season.

and does this weeks before the NFL puts in a rule that makes kicking harder and long snappers more important

Looks like the Pats are flirting with Tarell Brown. Feel pretty meh about it.

The Skins also released Porter, not that I think the Pats should sign him, but I'm sure hes on the list.

I think theres a legitimate possibility Malcom Butler might actually be their ####### #1 CB week 1 :no:

I saw the video of the cops covering his car. He absolutely rear ended someone at highspeed.

His front end was folded up evenly across the front as if he drove into and under another vehicle.

It was either a hit and run or a dui.

Lol. In an upcoming celebrity episode of Family Feud, one of the questions for Gronk is "name something that can be inflated or deflated." He smacks the buzzer and says he doesn't even want that one.

Pats cut Tim Wright and looks like they signed Matt Flynn - pretty good depth behind Jimmy. In related but completely irrelevant news, they cut Gilbert, the previous 3rd stringer.

First image of Malcom Brown in uniform looks formidable.

Eagles finally cut Mathis loose. Think hes worth a poke? The Broncos are absolutely gonna look him up - keep away?

Eagles finally cut Mathis loose. Think hes worth a poke? The Broncos are absolutely gonna look him up - keep away?
The Pats have around $10 million in cap space. Not sure what it would take to sign Mathis, but he still has gas in the tank and IMO would really help solidify the line.

The Pats have around $10 million in cap space. Not sure what it would take to sign Mathis, but he still has gas in the tank and IMO would really help solidify the line.
Yeah hes a great guard, something the Pats could use, added benefit of teaching up Mason and Jackson, both of whom if I'm not mistaken played mostly RG and Mathis is primarily a LG.

I know Mathis wanted more than the 5.5m he was gonna get in Philly, depending on the structure of the deal I think the Pats could still make it work, but it leaves little room for another DB signing as well as emergency funds that the Pats are known for favoring.

I can't see Bill chasing this guy. There'll be too much demand, I'm guessing. Guy's 33.

Doesn't sound like Bill.
They were said to be looking to trade for him. They took on Brian Waters a couple years ago at 34. They won't offer him the most money, but if he wants a shot at a ring maybe he will take less. Other contenders will want him, but who knows how much he wants and who has money to burn at this stage.

I can't see Bill chasing this guy. There'll be too much demand, I'm guessing. Guy's 33.

Doesn't sound like Bill.
They were said to be looking to trade for him. They took on Brian Waters a couple years ago at 34. They won't offer him the most money, but if he wants a shot at a ring maybe he will take less. Other contenders will want him, but who knows how much he wants and who has money to burn at this stage.
They may in fact shell out the most money and tie it to performance based incentives.

Bill saved the dap for a reason. Mathis may not be the answer to his rationale, but personally I am inclined to think it does if Mathis is believed to sign a say front loaded two year contract with little dead money lurking into season two.

Alright boys, lets forget this defamegate #### for a minute. Training camp is upon us.

• Players still on the PUP at this time: Matt Slater, Brandon Lafell, Dane Fletcher, Chris White, Ryan Wendell and Chris Jones.
  • Players currently not practicing: Julian Edelman, Dion Lewis, Tyler Gaffney, Darius Fleming, Marcus Cannon, Joe Vellano and Brian Tyms.
  • Belichick said today that Edelman was 'day to day' - have heard nothing else about it.
  • Rookie guard Tre Jackson reportedly tearing it up in camp.
  • Belichick made Matt Patricia run laps lol.
  • Hightower still in a no-contact jersey.
  • Mayo looks good, really good - lots of energy.
  • Amendola, Cadet and White seen returning kicks.
  • 11 on 11s had Butler and Fletcher on the outside and Ryan in the slot. Easley lined up at NT on these plays.
"We're the Patriots, everything is a big deal."

Users who are viewing this thread