What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Indefinite New England Patriots Thread (6 Viewers)

I was just listening to Andrew Brandt on Ross Tucker and he was saying there's a Injury Reserve category that's called "minor". And that, at this time of year, a lot of teams use it in order to bring in guys for a look. I wonder what Blount's classification is, and if maybe it could mean he still has a chance of a return for playoffs.

I was just listening to Andrew Brandt on Ross Tucker and he was saying there's a Injury Reserve category that's called "minor". And that, at this time of year, a lot of teams use it in order to bring in guys for a look. I wonder what Blount's classification is, and if maybe it could mean he still has a chance of a return for playoffs.
As far as I know, there is only an IR - Designated for Return option, but a player would have to be out for 8 weeks. Each team can put one player on that list a year, and NE used their designation on Stork earlier in the year. So Blount is done for this season (unless there is some other new list that I am not aware of).

Yeah. I listened again and it was more about how the major/minor thing is just that it's easy to get a guy on the IR list without a lot of medical paperwork. So, sorry. Guess LG is done.

ETA: Monteeeeee Baaaallllll COME ON DOWN!!!!

(It was Brandt talking about bringing in guys for "a three week look" that threw me)

Last edited by a moderator:
HUGE to have the bye locked up... with Den playing Cincy that could get us home field- or beat the Jets...

This is the year of the injury across the NFl and the Pats are getting hit hard. Any Amendola news? It sounds like Chung and Hightower might be ok, Stork was out for personal reasons. Hicks played good from what I saw, Pats D is excelling.

After watching Denver implode and the Steelers atrocious secondary get absolutely lit up by a young inexperienced QB in Brock, is there really any team left in the AFC to fear? The Chiefs come to mind obviously, but I think they'd have a tough time pulling one out in Foxboro.

After watching Denver implode and the Steelers atrocious secondary get absolutely lit up by a young inexperienced QB in Brock, is there really any team left in the AFC to fear? The Chiefs come to mind obviously, but I think they'd have a tough time pulling one out in Foxboro.
We should fear the Steelers.

Brady has owned that secondary in the past, but I think we need to have all weapons in place and at top speed.

If Edelman, Gronk, Amendola are all healthy, then I'd feel a lot better about that potential matchup.

So I am guessing a one year minimum deal is really a prorated week to week paycheck for two games (plus playoff share) not a full season (so not signed for next year).

So I am guessing a one year minimum deal is really a prorated week to week paycheck for two games (plus playoff share) not a full season (so not signed for next year).
I would guess this as well.

Unsure if SJax has anything left in the tank, but he seems like the type of guy who could dial it up for a few weeks if he bought into the system and was suddenly fighting for a ring.

I'm guessing they didn't like what they saw out of Monte Ball...

Can we get through one? Can we get through one lousy stinking game with nobody hurt?
My guess is they rest a lot of guys in this game
Why would you think this? If they win this week, next week doesn't matter and they can rest everyone. If they lose today, then they have to play everyone next week.
Because it guarantees giving some guys a rest. This is a game they could definitely lose even playing all of their guys and if that happens you can't afford to rest folks next week. Belichick even alluded to this might be their strategy earlier in the week.

I think the Chiefs are THE team the Pats should fear. Stout Defense-3rd

lowest points scored in the NFL. Game control/manager QB. They've won

8 in a row and they've scored the same amount of TD's as the Steelers.

If it wasn't for Andy Reid this could be the ghost of the 2001-2003 Pats.

As a Pats fan, I'm not worried about a tough defence, I'm worried about a high flying offense. The only team in the afc that concerns me is Pittsburgh.

The only thing I'm worried about is the Pats getting as many players healthy for the playoffs. If you haven't noticed, their defense is pretty damn good.

There are a lot of good teams out there but when healthy the Pats are at the top of the list along

with Carolina.

Pittsburgh will be a tough out but I don't their defense having much success against the Pats if

they are rolling out Gronk, Edelman and Amendola. Any Reid isn't going to bring a team into Foxboro and win in January and both Denver and Cincy don't scare me with their QB issues.

I don't think Pitt can beat a healthy Pats team either. But it comes down to the number if mistakes they can make imo.

Against a tough defense with a questionable offense I think the Pats can make more mistakes and still win. I think the opposite is harder to survive.

I wish Dion Lewis was still alive :(

I have heard a lot of people (including talking heads) say that if the Broncos win tonight, then NE clinches HFA. I don't think that is true at all. I believe no matter what happens tonight, the Pats have to win against MIA next week to secure HFA. Can anyone else confirm?

If the Broncos win they and the Bengals will both be 11-4. The Pats are 12-3.

The Pats have the tie breaker against cincy but not denver. If the Pats and Broncos finish with the same record the Pats will be the 2.

I'm curious though if they all finish 12-4 how would that work? I guess Cincy would be the 3 and NE would be the 2.

I have heard a lot of people (including talking heads) say that if the Broncos win tonight, then NE clinches HFA. I don't think that is true at all. I believe no matter what happens tonight, the Pats have to win against MIA next week to secure HFA. Can anyone else confirm?
Not true, Broncos win their last 2 and Pats lose in Miami and Denver is the #1 seed

QB's played this year. Not very impressive list. The Redskins are the only team that have made the playoffs. Very weak schedule.

1. Roethlisberger- Win
2. T. Taylor - win
3. Bortles - win
4. Weeden - win
5. Luck - win
6. Fitzpatrick - win
7. Tannehill - win
8. Cousins - win
9. E Manning - win
10. T. Taylor - win
11. Osweiller - loss
12. Bradford - loss
13. Hoyer - win
14. Mettenberger - win
15. Fitzpatrick - loss

Can we get a definitive from Pats fans on who, at a minimum, needs to be healthy so that there won't be incessant whining when a backup QB knocks you out of the playoffs?

Can we get a definitive from Pats fans on who, at a minimum, needs to be healthy so that there won't be incessant whining when a backup QB knocks you out of the playoffs?
Love to hear what team you think has a backup QB that will even make the second round of the playoffs, cause my money is on none of them.

Run It Up said:
JIslander said:
Love to hear what team you think has a backup QB that will even make the second round of the playoffs, cause my money is on none of them.
No clue, but technically, two of Pats losses were to backups. And based on what Mallet did to Pitt, not so far fetched.

Pats waived Joey Iosefa

Tough break, beat out by ancient Steven Jackson and possibly ended Vollmers season unintentionally.

JIslander said:
Can we get a definitive from you on when you'll stop your incessant whining about the Pats and their fans in the Shark Pool?

JIslander said:
Can we get a definitive from you on when you'll stop your incessant whining about the Pats and their fans in the Shark Pool?
Answer mine first. But likely never as the insufferableness has no end in sight.Go Fish!

JIslander said:
Answer mine first. But likely never as the insufferableness has no end in sight.Go Fish!
Who do we want back? Everybody we can get. We need hands, we need protection, need our safeties, we need solid special teams play; we need to be in a lot better shape than we're in now. Otherwise, yeah. Some team with a back-up QB playing could beat us.

JIslander said:
Youre trolling the pats thread, tool.

Brady made it sound like this week (At Miami) everyone that could play was going to play. The Pats play at 1PM so not like they will have scores to go on, this feels like one of those games the Pats score a lot of points and bury Miami early. I also think Edelman will play this week at least some to get back in the groove.

JIslander said:
Youre trolling the pats thread, tool.
EVERY thread is a Pats thread, dontcha know!?!

I don't expect the Pats game to stay at 1pm. I suspect they will flex it to the 430 slot.
I think the window may have passed to flex out of 1 pm. According to the explanation on flexing games posted on NFL.com, Week 17 games can be moved up until to the Tuesday of the last week. We are already at Wednesday and as far as I know the game is still set for 1:00.

What happened, everyone stopped loving you in the Flacco is elite thread?? :lmao: Watching the Ravens choke all season has been absolutely glorious I must say!

Hopefully this pastes well:

NE LT LG C RG RTGame 1 Nate Solder Josh Kline David Andrews Tre' Jackson Sebastian VollmerGame 2 Nate Solder Josh Kline David Andrews Shaq Mason Sebastian VollmerGame 3 Nate Solder Josh Kline David Andrews Tre' Jackson Sebastian VollmerGame 4 Nate Solder Shaq Mason David Andrews Josh Kline Sebastian VollmerGame 5 Marcus Cannon Shaq Mason David Andrews Josh Kline Sebastian VollmerGame 6 Sebastian Vollmer Josh Kline David Andrews Tre' Jackson Cameron FlemingGame 7 Sebastian Vollmer Josh Kline David Andrews Tre' Jackson Cameron FlemingGame 8 Sebastian Vollmer Shaq Mason David Andrews Josh Kline Cameron FlemingGame 9 Cameron Fleming Shaq Mason Josh Kline David Andrews Bryan StorkGame 10 Marcus Cannon Shaq Mason David Andrews Josh Kline Cameron FlemingGame 11 Sebastian Vollmer Shaq Mason Bryan Stork Josh Kline Marcus CannonGame 12 Sebastian Vollmer Josh Kline Bryan Stork Tre' Jackson Marcus CannonGame 13 Sebastian Vollmer Shaq Mason Bryan Stork Tre' Jackson Marcus CannonGame 14 Sebastian Vollmer Shaq Mason David Andrews Tre' Jackson Marcus CannonGame 15 Sebastian Vollmer Shaq Mason Bryan Stork Tre' Jackson Marcus CannonThe 12 different offensive line combinations the Patriots have started this year, most in the league, Chargers and Texans T2nd with 8.

This is just the start of the game, this isn't counting the countless mid-game adjustments.

How they beat the Giants with Fleming at LT, rookie Mason starting LG, undrafted third year Guard Kline starting at C, rookie undrafted center Andrews at RG and second year center Stork at RT, and if im not mistaken Fleming went down and Michaels (TE) came in at tackle - its beyond me.

Users who are viewing this thread