What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Indefinite New England Patriots Thread (4 Viewers)

This is turning out well for my Broncos. Pitt comes limping in with possibly having to start a backup QB. NE has to play the team that's the hottest in the NFL with a defense that can give Brady fits.

Liking the way this is setting up.

Not trying to troll NE fans, but KC was easily the team I didn't want my Broncos to have to face.
Did you suddenly forget that you have one of the worst playoff QBs starting for you? This isn't 2013 Manning anymore. He's a shell of his former self. Not sure how you think Denver has it easy, because even if Rapist is banged up I think he could do enough to pull off a win in Denver. Seems like a lot of Broncos fans are already overlooking the Steelers.
Not this guy. I'm well aware of Manning's playoff history, coupled with the offensive struggles. I take solace in the Broncos having the best defense I've ever seen as a Bronco fan. I think that, provided Broncos safeties can play and the game is at home, Pittsburgh is the best match-up we could have, regardless of Ben/Antonio/DeAngelos health.That being said, I will be pulling for you guys regardless of the Broncos game. KC is an annoying division rival, who are just starting to get good. I want you guys to spank them back to irrelevance where they belong.

I'm completely comfortable in a world where the dominant AfC teams are Denver, NE, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Indy. I like you guys as a rival; not to keen with these upstarts like KC trying to eat at the grown-ups table.
Like the hatred for division rivals. There is nothing worse than losing in the playoffs to one like we did in 2010. I am happy as hell that the Jets didn't get in and I agree KC is a tougher matchup than Pittsburgh right now, especially for a division rival who they know so well. I was actually rooting for Cincy as I thought KC was the best team besides Denver left in the AFC. Pittsburgh is done IMO.

This is turning out well for my Broncos. Pitt comes limping in with possibly having to start a backup QB. NE has to play the team that's the hottest in the NFL with a defense that can give Brady fits.

Not trying to troll NE fans, but KC was easily the team I didn't want my Broncos to have to face.
Did you suddenly forget that you have one of the worst playoff QBs starting for you? This isn't 2013 Manning anymore. He's a shell of his former self. Not sure how you think Denver has it easy, because even if Rapist is banged up I think he could do enough to pull off a win in Denver. Seems like a lot of Broncos fans are already overlooking the Steelers.
Not this guy. I'm well aware of Manning's playoff history, coupled with the offensive struggles. I take solace in the Broncos having the best defense I've ever seen as a Bronco fan. I think that, provided Broncos safeties can play and the game is at home, Pittsburgh is the best match-up we could have, regardless of Ben/Antonio/DeAngelos health.That being said, I will be pulling for you guys regardless of the Broncos game. KC is an annoying division rival, who are just starting to get good. I want you guys to spank them back to irrelevance where they belong.

I'm completely comfortable in a world where the dominant AfC teams are Denver, NE, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Indy. I like you guys as a rival; not to keen with these upstarts like KC trying to eat at the grown-ups table.
Like the hatred for division rivals. There is nothing worse than losing in the playoffs to one like we did in 2010. I am happy as hell that the Jets didn't get in and I agree KC is a tougher matchup than Pittsburgh right now, especially for a division rival who they know so well. I was actually rooting for Cincy as I thought KC was the best team besides Denver left in the AFC. Pittsburgh is done IMO.
6 years to the day! thanks for the fine memory...

6 years to the day! thanks for the fine memory...
I was there and won't forget it any time soon.

If Maclin is out that would be a big blow to the Chiefs. Edelman is still a question mark as to how ready he'll be, but overall I'd say the AFC is theirs for the taking.

If NE is healthy...and that's a big if...they win.

I'm not sure they can just "flick the switch" entirely, but if the walking wounded (i.e. Volmer, Edelman, Hightower, McCourtey, etc.) are healthy and effective they should get by KC.

I just don't see a Maclin-less, conservative play calling Andy Reid offense doing enough.

Funnily enough, Steelers fans feel the same way about Denver. If AB plays and Ben can throw downfield then I really like the chances against Manning.

It doesn't sound to me like Maclin is a given to miss the game
Bad high ankle sprain, 6 day turn around is pretty wishful thinking.

He failed the on the field ACL tear tests, they were confident he tore it - apparently its ridiculously rare that you fail the on field test only to find out you didn't tear it. That being said, the injury was significant enough - I think its pretty much guaranteed he doesn't play.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm not sure they can just "flick the switch" entirely, but if the walking wounded (i.e. Volmer, Edelman, Hightower, McCourtey, etc.) are healthy and effective they should get by KC.

I just don't see a Maclin-less, conservative play calling Andy Reid offense doing enough.
I mean they flicked the switch for that Bengals game last year after getting blown out by KC, I don't see why they couldn't do it this week. Obviously that was last season, but for the most part it's the same group of guys. Seems like a lot of people in the media are already downplaying this team due to the last few games. We all know the Patriots thrive on that kind of stuff.

You know I was thinking earlier, what do you guys think is more likely to happen..

An Andy Reid coached Chiefs team on the road again coming into Foxboro during the playoffs and outsmarting Belichick, outplaying Brady and pulling off their 12th win in a row with their best offensive weapon extremely limited/potentially out?

Or a well rested Patriots team coming off a bye, who ended the season on a bad note going 2-4, getting all of their injured players who aren't on IR back, who have one of the best QBs of all time (if not the greatest) with the most playoff wins ever, pulling off the win at home?

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
devouredbychaos said:

I mean they flicked the switch for that Bengals game last year after getting blown out by KC, I don't see why they couldn't do it this week. Obviously that was last season, but for the most part it's the same group of guys. Seems like a lot of people in the media are already downplaying this team due to the last few games. We all know the Patriots thrive on that kind of stuff.
If NE gets the lead it's over.

That's why I think it's critical that Edelman and Amendola are back and healthy. If that offense is at all in a groove and they can get the lead, KC will be out of their element and things could unravel fast for them.

On the flip side, I think we'll see early if the above is not the case. KC will play conservative, stick around, and who knows...the ball bounces the wrong way and they get the victory.

Think we'll know which way this goes early in the game.

One stat I keep seeing the past few days is that the Chiefs have only allowed 16.9 points on average per game this season and the last 3 games they have only allowed an average of 10 points per game.. It's worth noting that the past 3 teams they've played are the offensive juggernauts known as the Texans, Raiders, and Browns. The last time they played an offense that rivals what the Patriots have, they gave up 30+ points. That was the first week of October against the Bengals, and the week prior they also gave up 30+ to the Packers. Since then they've played anemic offenses with QBs who consistently struggle.

Here's what seems to be going on heading into the Divisional Round . . .

Reports are coming out that Brady looks the same as always and shows no signs of being injured. We'll see if that carries over into game day and what happens if he is running for his life (or after someone nails him).

Edelman is said to be looking sharp and crisp (at least in non-contact portions of practice). Brady has been quoted as saying that he and Edelman have been practicing timing routes for several weeks and neither one expects there to be a timing or rust problem.

Sounds like JE11 could have played earlier but they didn't want to chance it.

I read that Edelman is playing in custom designed shoes to redistribute the weight and impact on his injured foot. They also adjusted some of his routes for him to be able to plant and cut on his other foot (or have less chance of taking serious contact).

The only player not practicing is Nate Ebner (who when last seen was in a cast).

With NE having the earliest bye week possible this year (Week 4 I believe), this may be the healthiest the team has been in months.

All that being said, it sounds like everyone but Ebner will be playing, and the guys that have been hurt will probably by 85-90% (vs. the 50-60% they have been in recent weeks).

I would expect the offense to look a little better (maybe even better than that if the OL is healthier).

But I really expect the defense to look and play much better. IMO, the defense will be the ones more responsible for winning in the playoffs (as the offense will continue to score 10 points fewer per game than earlier in the season).

WTF is going on, Gronk isn't at practice and no reason is given, BB has a shiner and now I hear Chandler Jones was treated at some hospital in Foxboro and cops were supposedly involved? This sucks ETA: I'm sure the media will probably just ignore this anyways

Patriots defensive end Chandler Jones was rushed to the hospital on Sunday morning after he showed up with a medical emergency at the Foxboro Police Department, according to police dispatch records shown to the Boston Herald.

Jones was present at meetings and practice on Monday and Tuesday, but was evaluated in the back parking lot of the police station at 7:42 a.m. before being transported to Norwood Hospital.

However, per the Herald, dispatch records were deleted before they were released, and police officials won’t say what the medical emergency was.

Patriots defensive end Chandler Jones was rushed to the hospital on Sunday morning after he showed up with a medical emergency at the Foxboro Police Department, according to police dispatch records shown to the Boston Herald.

Jones was present at meetings and practice on Monday and Tuesday, but was evaluated in the back parking lot of the police station at 7:42 a.m. before being transported to Norwood Hospital.

However, per the Herald, dispatch records were deleted before they were released, and police officials won’t say what the medical emergency was.
Can the Foxboro cops be suspended by Goodell for deleting the records?

OD'd? And released, at practice and all meetings the next day? Dude is tough if this is true. But the FPD got rid of the reports anyways (look for some shiny new cruisers in 2016, lol) JK, JK!

It is weird that he went to the police first, whatever. Gronk not at a part of practice, check back tomorrow. All else looks good.

OD'd? And released, at practice and all meetings the next day? Dude is tough if this is true. But the FPD got rid of the reports anyways (look for some shiny new cruisers in 2016, lol) JK, JK!

It is weird that he went to the police first, whatever. Gronk not at a part of practice, check back tomorrow. All else looks good.
Word is a Judge got involved to help clear things for the Patriots. :popcorn:

If Jones is still on the team and practicing, it's pretty much a non story. We all know the Patriots are ruthless when it comes to dealing with players. If this was something negative, Jones would already be placed on a reserved list, cut, or suspended. A respectable Patriots beat writer tweeted out a little while ago that according to two Patriots sources, Jones is in no danger of missing the KC game.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DMooreNFL/status/687066988515061760

If Jones is still on the team and practicing, it's pretty much a non story. We all know the Patriots are ruthless when it comes to dealing with players. If this was something negative, Jones would already be placed on a reserved list, cut, or suspended. A respectable Patriots beat writer tweeted out a little while ago that according to two Patriots sources, Jones is in no danger of missing the KC game.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DMooreNFL/status/687066988515061760
Ruthless is required in the post Hernandez world.

Why would Jones need a judges help? It's not as if he raped women like your QB or recently been implicated in a PED scandal like your "star" LB :towelwave:

Why do some Steeler fans feel the need to now post\troll even the NE team thread?

I just checked the Steeler team thread (something I rarely if ever do), went back several pages and as expected there are zero posts from NE fans so it is not a back and forth thing. We have 3 Steeler fan posts on this page alone, and more on the previous page. I understand that many steeler fans are extremely jealous and a little insecure, but the relentless never ending antagonism from some seems a bit over the top......

Legit posts are always welcome, but can't NE have even one troll free thread :no:

Why would Jones need a judges help? It's not as if he raped women like your QB or recently been implicated in a PED scandal like your "star" LB :towelwave:

Why do some Steeler fans feel the need to now post\troll even the NE team thread?

I just checked the Steeler team thread (something I rarely if ever do), went back several pages and as expected there are zero posts from NE fans so it is not a back and forth thing. We have 3 Steeler fan posts on this page alone, and more on the previous page. I understand that most steeler fans are extremely jealous and a little insecure, but the relentless never ending antagonism from some seems a bit over the top......

Legit posts are always welcome, but can't NE have even one troll free thread :no:
Yeah and 2 of those posts were in no way trolling your thread. You're a sensitive fella.

Someone must have thrown the pills in his mouth while he was sleeping.

I honestly think the pats win by 2 TDS Saturday night.

I just checked the Steeler team thread (something I rarely if ever do), went back several pages and as expected there are zero posts from NE fans so it is not a back and forth thing. We have 3 Steeler fan posts on this page alone, and more on the previous page. I understand that most steeler fans are extremely jealous and a little insecure, but the relentless never ending antagonism from some seems a bit over the top......

Yeah and 2 of those posts were in no way trolling your thread. You're a sensitive fella.
As I said, legit posts are always welcome, but trolling our team thread isn't cool.......

As I said, legit posts are always welcome, but trolling our team thread isn't cool.......
I agree. Trolling doesn't belong in any thread.

I've read three times now that Chandler Jones was sleep walking through a nightmare on sleeping pills, according to an officer.

I've heard of dumber ####, but Idk lol.

Gronk was there today. He wasn't yesterday. Reports are that everyone participated in the media portion of practice, including Ebner. The only one missing was Tre Jackson, but he was at practice the past two days.

Gronk was there today. He wasn't yesterday. Reports are that everyone participated in the media portion of practice, including Ebner. The only one missing was Tre Jackson, but he was at practice the past two days.
Gronk was present but read he was not practicing.

I agree. Trolling doesn't belong in any thread.
Trolling is expected from Steeler fans. Who cares.

There's a reason for it. NE shreds their ### every time they play them. Makes them feel good.

Mike Reiss posted an article about him jogging and stretching with the team and tweeted a picture of him running with the rest of the team. Not sure what designates "participating in practice" theses days.

In other news, Hue Jackson was hired by the Browns as their HC.

The odds Patricia and/or Mcdaniels stick around seems to be increasing by the day.

Who's left that needs a HC?

Eagles, Giants, Titans, Bucs, Dolphins(?), Lions(?)

49ers. Seeing some talk that Mangini might default to it. Kind of like to see him get another shot. He was superb to listen to when he was doing analysis.

Mike Reiss posted an article about him jogging and stretching with the team and tweeted a picture of him running with the rest of the team. Not sure what designates "participating in practice" theses days.
I would classify that as limited myself which qualifies as practice but latest rotoblurb is saying he did not practice and is not injured which I find confusing. Why would the Chandler Jones incident leave him able to come to facility but not take part in practice?

I would classify that as limited myself which qualifies as practice but latest rotoblurb is saying he did not practice and is not injured which I find confusing. Why would the Chandler Jones incident leave him able to come to facility but not take part in practice?
Maybe they are trying to make sure he is healthy, who knows? Since the media gets booted out at a certain point, no one really knows what Gronk did after the press was gone anyway.

I think people are making the Chandler Jones thing a way bigger deal than it likely is.

Users who are viewing this thread