What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NEWZA -- On Covid Siesta til '21 (5 Viewers)

We have 9 that can do March 10, with no one voting it down so far. I guess that's means 5 of you haven't voted yet. Please do so ASAP.

We have 9 that can do March 10, with no one voting it down so far. I guess that's means 5 of you haven't voted yet. Please do so ASAP.
For Monday March 10:

NV

guru_007

TRE

Kraft (if need be)

Zilla

Greco

Stryker

Eephus

Cos

X (text confirm)

Bogart (text confirm)

I will text the following slugs: GM, Pumpnick, HellToupee

Last edited by a moderator:
For Monday March 10:

NV

guru_007

TRE

Kraft (if need be)

Zilla

Greco

Stryker

Eephus

Cos

X (text confirm)

Bogart (text confirm)

HellToupee (text confirm)

Pumpnick (text confirm)

I will text the following slugs: GM
GM is the final slug.

A couple of quick questions that came to mind and was hoping to get clarified:

1-Are we running stats for the Australian games? (assuming yes, but these are quite a bit before the rest of the league starts)

2-on the rule "In season, a salary cap of $320- will be enforced. The initial waiver run (the Friday before the season) is considered "in season" and has the extended cap. "

Does this include FAAB bid players? Or is the salary cap just for auctioned players? And this salary cap is enforced for the following year?

For example, if I have a 2014 Mike Trout at $40.00 - and keep him for $45, 2015, the $45 value counts against the 320?

think that's it for now....I may have a question or 6 more as this gets closer.

A couple of quick questions that came to mind and was hoping to get clarified:

1-Are we running stats for the Australian games? (assuming yes, but these are quite a bit before the rest of the league starts)

2-on the rule "In season, a salary cap of $320- will be enforced. The initial waiver run (the Friday before the season) is considered "in season" and has the extended cap. "

Does this include FAAB bid players? Or is the salary cap just for auctioned players? And this salary cap is enforced for the following year?

For example, if I have a 2014 Mike Trout at $40.00 - and keep him for $45, 2015, the $45 value counts against the 320?

think that's it for now....I may have a question or 6 more as this gets closer.
Hi guru, thanks for calling.

1. Yes, it's my intention to start with games on 3/22.

2. For the auction, you have $260 to spend. In season, it expands to $320 to account for trades and FAAB and players on DL. When you add a player through FAAB, whatever you paid is his year 1 contract amount.

Regarding your question about Trout. Before the 2015 season, you'll have to select 9-12 players to keep. We do have salary escalators to determine, but in the past we have not had an increase until year 3. Either way though, when you keep those 9-12 you would subtract their salary from the $260 auction budget for 2015. So if you kept Trout for 2015 and his salary was 45, you have 215 minus your other 8-11 players.

Hope that makes sense.

For Monday March 10:

NV

guru_007

TRE

Kraft (if need be)

Zilla

Greco

Stryker

Eephus

Cos

X (text confirm)

Bogart (text confirm)

HellToupee (text confirm)

Pumpnick (text confirm)

GM (text confirm)
***ANNOUNCE -- AUCTION DATE IS MARCH 10th at 7:30 CENTRAL***

We got some rules finalized? The site rules are different than what zilla posted

Also, not sure how you do your auction. What if someone isn't bid on? Is that person stuck with him? At what cost?

We got some rules finalized? The site rules are different than what zilla posted

Also, not sure how you do your auction. What if someone isn't bid on? Is that person stuck with him? At what cost?
By all means don't explain the rules that differ. I set up the league quickly, but haven't had a talk with Zilla about finalizing rules - I assume you're talking about roster makeup or something? Roto 5x5 with OBP I believe is pretty locked in.

When you put a player up for auction you are bidding on him...at least $1. If no one else bids, he's yours.

By all means don't explain the rules that differ. I set up the league quickly, but haven't had a talk with Zilla about finalizing rules - I assume you're talking about roster makeup or something? Roto 5x5 with OBP I believe is pretty locked in.

When you put a player up for auction you are bidding on him...at least $1. If no one else bids, he's yours.
I think I saw 1500 IP

BA instead of OBP

Standard waivers

Daily lineups

I just had seen zilla post he was against daily lineups and IP limit and didn't know if those (or anything else) were still up to be changed.

How are we holding up in here?
Well to very well, I'd say.

March 10th auction is on. Hammering out some final details. Have a nice full league with phone numbers and emails for everyone. Just need to figure out how much to bid on Pedro Florimon at this point.

I think I saw 1500 IP

BA instead of OBP

Standard waivers

Daily lineups

I just had seen zilla post he was against daily lineups and IP limit and didn't know if those (or anything else) were still up to be changed.
Keep in mind those rules were from a similar/old league that he cut and pasted. I'll talk with him tomorrow and we'll get the rules finalized asap. I do know he's on board with OBP.

What does FAAB stand for, exactly?
Free Agent Acquisition Budget.And speaking of which - if you run out of FAAB money, are you still able to pickup players if no one else bids on them?
Yes, iirc there is FCFS period after biddingAlso if you pick up a player after a certain date, I think it was in August, they are not keepable the following year

What does FAAB stand for, exactly?
Free Agent Acquisition Budget.And speaking of which - if you run out of FAAB money, are you still able to pickup players if no one else bids on them?
Yes, iirc there is FCFS period after biddingAlso if you pick up a player after a certain date, I think it was in August, they are not keepable the following year
Right, I think the date was 7/31however, lets say you pickup a player on fcfs waiver - is there a dollar amount to keep for next year?

I believe in the rules I posted on page 1 - there were no FCFS pickups, only the twice weekly FAAB run (Friday and Sunday). Those rules are only there as an example of how the old league worked though. We should definitely work out what makes the most sense for FA pickups. Also, I am not in charge, as my days are too pwned by work anymore. I am merely another league member and special consultant to the commissioner. Happy to help guide and clarify on any of these rules though, as I pulled a lot of of them out of my culo in the first place.

I believe in the rules I posted on page 1 - there were no FCFS pickups, only the twice weekly FAAB run (Friday and Sunday). Those rules are only there as an example of how the old league worked though. We should definitely work out what makes the most sense for FA pickups. Also, I am not in charge, as my days are too pwned by work anymore. I am merely another league member and special consultant to the commissioner. Happy to help guide and clarify on any of these rules though, as I pulled a lot of of them out of my culo in the first place.
I have a local league that is very similar to this one and we do Mon/Thurs FAAB bidding, no FCFS. Twice a week is nice to make sure you're not more than a couple days without a player due to injury and FAAB is good because it ensures every player has a salary amount.

We use fantrax for that league and at the time I set it up you couldn't do a hybrid with FAAB/FCFS, but maybe you can now. I suspect Yahoo won't be that flexible towards this, but after the auction we're free to take our ball and go anywhere, really.

OK.

Why such small rosters? (3xOF, no MI or CI)

and what's up with the SP and RP slots?
Is that on yahoo? If so, it's wrong.
OK, so where are the real rules?

Are the five bench spots auctioned or drafted? If the latter, how are their prices set?
It looks like it changed everything I had set up...maybe because I changed the auction date, I don't know.

Here's the roster reqs:

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, OF, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, P, P, P, P, P, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL

Also had to switch back to OBP

Batters Stat Categories: Runs ®, Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), On-base Percentage (OBP) Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP

Right now I have a 1500 IP cap on and daily roster changes. I know these have been Zilla bugaboos in the past. So maybe we need to chat more on those topics.

Advantage to weekly: Laziness, avoid having to constantly research players

Advantage to daily: get hurt dudes out asap, play traded guys asap, etc.

The innings cap helps to avoid streaming starters to gain points in Wins/Ks, but having FAAB only and just twice weekly also limits how much you can stream, so maybe it's redundant.

Right now I have a 1500 IP cap on and daily roster changes. I know these have been Zilla bugaboos in the past. So maybe we need to chat more on those topics.

The innings cap helps to avoid streaming starters to gain points in Wins/Ks, but having FAAB only and just twice weekly also limits how much you can stream, so maybe it's redundant.
Yeah, I vote daily rosters. I'm pretty lazy anyway, but having a guy get injured on Tuesday and miss the rest of the week is the worst. With FAAB only, it's also extremely difficult to be streaming pitchers/hitters each week.

And Eephus asked before, but can you confirm that the auction budget includes all starters and bench players?

Yeah, I vote daily rosters. I'm pretty lazy anyway, but having a guy get injured on Tuesday and miss the rest of the week is the worst. With FAAB only, it's also extremely difficult to be streaming pitchers/hitters each week.

And Eephus asked before, but can you confirm that the auction budget includes all starters and bench players?
Yes, $260 auction budget for all 30 players (23 starters and 7 bench)

I strongly prefer daily rosters. It eliminates the two starts/week nonsense and gives more value to platoon players.

I'm not a huge fan of FAAB but will tolerate if it's the majority position. I do think that only players picked in the pre-season auction should be eligible as keepers.

This is going to extend the auction. I'm on the west coast so I don't really care but it's starting at 8:30 EST and is going to run into the wee hours.

I'd propose auctioning off the 23 starters with a $260 budget and then hold the 7 round reserve draft on this board. This is a throwback to the original Rotisserie rules from the 80s. Players picked in the reserve draft or picked up during the season would be ineligible for keepers.

Eephus' way would definitely simplify some things and make it easier to play on a free site. We have time to discuss these rules.

I strongly prefer daily rosters. It eliminates the two starts/week nonsense and gives more value to platoon players.

I'm not a huge fan of FAAB but will tolerate if it's the majority position. I do think that only players picked in the pre-season auction should be eligible as keepers.
Love FAAB, what's not to like? It takes away the rat race to be the first to grab someone.

I guess we could discuss only keeping those you've won in auction, but I think the FAAB pickup keeper works well. We generally have a freeze date in mid-late August where players acquired can no longer be kept.

This is going to extend the auction. I'm on the west coast so I don't really care but it's starting at 8:30 EST and is going to run into the wee hours.

I'd propose auctioning off the 23 starters with a $260 budget and then hold the 7 round reserve draft on this board. This is a throwback to the original Rotisserie rules from the 80s. Players picked in the reserve draft or picked up during the season would be ineligible for keepers.
I'd be ok with this if the 7 round reserve guys were all a buck or something. Heck, we could slow auction the leftover a thread or something too.

Ideally, we just knock it all out in one night though. I know we could be talking past midnight for the east coasters. I'm going to hop on a mock auction on yahoo if I can to see how long it takes and how it functions.

My local version of this format is going on 5 years and Zilla's version is still going with the philly group and DD, so it's a pretty tried and true league format...by far my favorite. The 9-12 keepers really gives everyone a pretty decent shot year in and year out as there's always some good players going back in the pool.

Users who are viewing this thread