What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kelvin Benjamin - WR - FSU [UPDATE PAGE 1, 7/3] (1 Viewer)

Twitter today:

Paul Burmeister ‏@PaulWBurmeister 5h

Kelvin Benjamin, at 6' 5" 242, is the biggest WR I've ever seen. His catching radius is like nothing I've seen at WR.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 5h

Rex Ryan and John Idzik at Florida State pro day today, according to @paulwburmeister. Kelvin Benjamin another WR target. #nyj
Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton 5h

A lot of intrigue in FSU WR Kelvin Benjamin at Pro Day today. Won't be surprised to see his stock rise, join Evans/Ebron #NYG conversation

TomahawkNation.com ‏@TomahawkNation 4h

Kelvin Benjamin 10 3/8" hands, 84" wingspan, per ESPN
TomahawkNation.com ‏@TomahawkNation 3h

From comment section: Kelvin @Benjamin_fsu1 wingspan of 84" is similar to that of a male bald eagle (72 to 85")
TomahawkNation.com ‏@TomahawkNation 3h

Kelvin Benjamin says they also play some volleyball when training for the draft. 6'5, 84" wingspan, 33" vert. Volleyball. Bet he never loses
BTSC Steelers ‏@btsteelcurtain 1h

Local report says #Steelers and #Broncos had 'lots of representatives' talking to Kelvin Benjamin @dtackett_ http://sbn.to/1g7lbKN
Jon Moore ‏@TheCFX 1h

FWIW, Mike Evans is more agile, more explosive, faster and 2.5 years younger than Kelvin Benjamin, but sure KB is better... huh?
Powell Latimer ‏@Powell_Warchant 5m

Jimbo's pitch for Kelvin Benjamin as a 1st-round pick: "You don't want to play against him." No, I do not.

Jon Moore ‏@TheCFX 5m

Kelvin Benjamin is OLDER than Josh Gordon, Rueben Randle, Stephen Hill @NFLDraft2K14 @NFLLionBlood @Nate_Vasagam

Do the Benjamin supporters expect their fantasy WRs to frequently achieve 6 (or more) catches and 75 yards receiving in a game? Because Kelvin Benjamin only broke 75 yards 3 times in his 27 game collegiate career. And had only 2 games of 6 or more catches. The fact that he is 6' 5" 240 makes those stats even more pathetic. On top of that, he had a QB in 2012 that was a 1st round pick and his 2013 QB is considered to be the #1 overall QB prospect in the 2015 draft.
He didn't play much in 2011 or 12. Why are you even bringing those up.
How did Sammy Watkins stats look in 2012?
Huh?

Do the Benjamin supporters expect their fantasy WRs to frequently achieve 6 (or more) catches and 75 yards receiving in a game? Because Kelvin Benjamin only broke 75 yards 3 times in his 27 game collegiate career. And had only 2 games of 6 or more catches. The fact that he is 6' 5" 240 makes those stats even more pathetic. On top of that, he had a QB in 2012 that was a 1st round pick and his 2013 QB is considered to be the #1 overall QB prospect in the 2015 draft.
He didn't play much in 2011 or 12. Why are you even bringing those up.
How did Sammy Watkins stats look in 2012?
Huh?
57 catches for 708 and 3 TDs. He missed two games due to suspension (pot), he missed a game due to stomach virus, was injured in 1st quarter of his bowl game and gave way to future 1st rounder DeAndre Hopkins being featured that season. Yet, despite playing just 10 games, Watkins still beat Benjamin's 2012 stats in 10 games vs Benjamin's 13.

Edited to just show stats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Large contingent of NFL personnel catch FSU’s pro dayExcerpt:

Kelvin Benjamin, WR (6-foot-2 1/2, 242 pounds) — Benjamin had a 33-inch vertical jump, a 4.50-second short shuttle, and then stood on the rest of his numbers from the NFL Scouting Combine. Benjamin had an impressive pro day workout, showing that he is a very good route runner and catching the ball extremely well. I would imagine that this workout gives him an opportunity to get up into the back end of the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft.

Man I hope this guy doesn't land in Car. Just doesn't seem like a guy who will translate well to the NFL and will be a one trick pony. Stiff hips, bellow average explosiveness and heavy feet. If he gets moving he can be dangerous but that will be much harder in the NFL than it was in college.

Why wouldn't you want him in CAR, dude has great hands, a TON of potential to learn. And most importantly, size!!! (Compared to Calvin)

I love watching him! DRAFT HIM

Why wouldn't you want him in CAR, dude has great hands, a TON of potential to learn. And most importantly, size!!! (Compared to Calvin)

I love watching him! DRAFT HIM
I'd love him in Car in the 2nd round. 1st, no thanks. There are several WRs I prefer over him.

Xue said:
Am I the only one who thinks his age is a way overblown factor? I count at least 4 other well regarded guys in this draft class who are within 8 months of his birthday.
believe both roddy white and javon walker were older when they were drafted. agree
Benjamin's age itself isn't the concern, it's his age AND his production that is a concern.

Who are the 4 guys you are referring to?
He had 15 TDs, 1000+ yards, and a 18.7 YPR last year; his production wasn't bad enough for it to be a huge concern imo.
Total or raw stats can be misleading.

He has a Dominator Rating just below .30 at age 22.9 years. That doesn't project well for his NFL future.

Benjamin's 2013 stats weren't all that impressive, as you can see from the comparison I did between him, Evans, and Beckham on stats like yards per target, percent of team's receiving TDs, and number of long receptions. I have a spreadsheet here comparing those stats for about 100 college WRs, and on the whole Benjamin's numbers are just a little above average within that group.

Benjamin:

6-5, 240, 4.61 40, 13 bench, 32.5" vertical, 9-11 broad, 4.39 20ss, 7.33 3cone

6-6, 247, 4.53 40, 27 bench, 37" vertical, 9-08 broad, 4.30 20ss, 7.02 3cone

Fleener

He's such a raw player. If he gets his head on straight and finds a role in a system.

Green Bay would vault him to 1.01 to me. James Jones just left.

FSU WR Kelvin Benjamin 17 pounds overweightBy Chase Goodbread

College Football 24/7 writer

Florida State wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin had a strong pro day Tuesday and -- according to NFL Media senior analyst Gil Brandt -- might have helped solidify himself as a potential first-round pick in the NFL draft.

But the good news for Benjamin wasn't without its damper.

Benjamin weighed in at 242 pounds, and told tallahassee.com that he's 17 pounds heavier than where several NFL clubs would like to see him.

"They have what they want receivers to be, about 225," Benjamin said. "It wouldn't hurt if I dropped this weight and got down to 225. I think I would be faster, be more deadly."

That's not an insiginificant amount of weight, and Benjamin was actually two pounds heavier Tuesday than he was at the NFL Scouting Combine last month. Given that Benjamin did only the vertical jump, short shuttle and position drills at the pro day, and stood on his other combine numbers, it's a fair presumption that he has no plans for a subsequent pro day workout. That means if he's going to show NFL teams a slimmer, trimmer look prior to the draft, he'll have to do in it private meetings/workouts with individual clubs.

Still, Benjamin carried the weight well at the pro day and, if only a few clubs mentioned a concern about his weight, most others more than likely see no issue.

The last thing he wants, though, is for one of the teams concerned to be looking for a wide receiver in the latter part of the first round, where he is most favorably projected to be chosen.

Follow Chase Goodbread on Twitter @ChaseGoodbread.

Benjamin:

6-5, 240, 4.61 40, 13 bench, 32.5" vertical, 9-11 broad, 4.39 20ss, 7.33 3cone

6-6, 247, 4.53 40, 27 bench, 37" vertical, 9-08 broad, 4.30 20ss, 7.02 3cone

Fleener
6-6, 239, 4.59 NA 33" vertical, 9-7" broad, NA, NA

Plaxico Burress

Rotoworld:

Patriots head coach Bill Belichick and six other staff members worked out FSU WR Kelvin Benjamin last Friday.
One of the Patriots coaches threw to Benjamin during the workout. This is quite the audience for a pre-draft workout, but we would not read too much into it. A team could fall in love with Benjamin's size, catch point skills, and downfield ability and take him in the first round, however, inconsistencies are absolutely still there.

Source: Gil Brandt on Twitter

Rotoworld:

Patriots head coach Bill Belichick and six other staff members worked out FSU WR Kelvin Benjamin last Friday.

One of the Patriots coaches threw to Benjamin during the workout. This is quite the audience for a pre-draft workout, but we would not read too much into it. A team could fall in love with Benjamin's size, catch point skills, and downfield ability and take him in the first round, however, inconsistencies are absolutely still there.

If the Patriot draft him, his fantasy value would go through the roof.

Rotoworld:

FSU WR Kelvin Benjamin possesses the most inherent risk amongst WRs and TEs in this year's draft, believes ESPN's Mel Kiper.
Kiper concedes that Benjamin is going to be "a big draw" based on his 6-foot-5, 240-pound frame and athletic ability. "But I think the physical talent outpaces the receiving skills at this point, because Benjamin drops too many passes, lets the ball get into his frame too often and doesn't yet know how to set up and create separation when he's facing good DBs," Kiper wrote. "There's no question the physical talent is there, but he could be overdrafted based on the traits." Players with Benjamin's combination of size, catch point skills, and downfield ability don't come around often, but he'll need to be more consistent in the pros than he was in college to justify a first- or early-second round selection.

Source: ESPN Insider

Rotoworld:

I agree. He'd be a top 5 dynasty pick I bet.

Rotoworld:

I agree. He'd be a top 5 dynasty pick I bet.
As he should be. He'll jump over Boyce/KT/Amendola, doesn't have to compete with Edelman. Dobson presents the only real challenge and he may not be what we want him to be after his recovery. I'm super paranoid about foot surgeries though.

I agree. I think I'd have to think about him at the 1.06 in my superflex league. I'd have visions of Randy dancing in my head.

Rotoworld:

The Ravens will host FSU WR Kelvin Benjamin and EIU QB Jimmy Garoppolo for pre-draft visits, according to the Baltimore Sun.
Utah corner Keith McGill and Cal linebacker Khairi Fortt will also be visiting. Benjamin might be a bit of a stretch at No. 17 overall, but the team has plenty of ammunition to move up in the second-round. We would not be surprised if a team falls in love with Benjamin's vertical ability and frame.

Source: Baltimore Sun

Jets impressed with FSU WR Kelvin BenjaminBy Chase Goodbread

As if any more evidence were needed that the New York Jets are strongly considering drafting a wide receiver with their first pick of the 2014 NFL Draft, Florida State's Kelvin Benjamin is apparently the latest pass catcher to draw the Jets' wandering eye for receivers.

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reported via Twitter that, according to a team source, the club is "very intrigued" by massively-sized Benjamin (6-5, 242 pounds), and that a Benjamin visit to the Jets' facility is pending. "You can't teach 6-5," the source said.

Benjamin might be part of a late first-round run on wide receivers that could include Southern Cal's Marqise Lee, Oregon State's Brandin Cooks, and LSU's Odell Beckham. NFL Media nalaysts Daniel Jeremiah, Charles Davis and Bucky Brooks all project the Jets to pick a receiver in their most recent mock drafts. The Jets have picked up free agent wide receivers Eric Decker and Jacoby Ford, but there is little doubt the club will look to boost its talent at the position more in the draft, be it in the first round or otherwise.

Benjamin and Decker would bring a much more physical presence to a Jets receiving corps that was led last year by two receivers of much smaller stature: Jeremy Kerley and Santonio Holmes. But the Jets should have plenty of options with the No. 18 pick at a position that is probably be the deepest in the draft.

The Jets are also said to be high on Lee, as well.

Geno Smith faces plenty of hurdles in his second year as the Jets' starting quarterback, but if the club can help it, weapons at receiver won't be one of them.

Follow Chase Goodbread on Twitter @ChaseGoodbread

He certainly has one of the most unique athletic profiles I have ever seen on MockDraftable.com: http://mockdraftable.com/player/4329/
Here's one just like him.
WHen people are saying that Evans has the best hands since Calvin though, that's a major seperator.
Thing is, Calvin doesn't have "great" hands. He's had a number of seasons with at least 10% drop rate.

If there is anyone that is the standard for comparing hands to it's Larry Fitzgerald, who consistently finishes in the top 5 in drop rate every year. Since 2007, he's been under 4% every season except for 2012 at 6.58%.

He certainly has one of the most unique athletic profiles I have ever seen on MockDraftable.com: http://mockdraftable.com/player/4329/
Here's one just like him.
WHen people are saying that Evans has the best hands since Calvin though, that's a major seperator.
Thing is, Calvin doesn't have "great" hands. He's had a number of seasons with at least 10% drop rate.If there is anyone that is the standard for comparing hands to it's Larry Fitzgerald, who consistently finishes in the top 5 in drop rate every year. Since 2007, he's been under 4% every season except for 2012 at 6.58%.
Yeah, it's a comical statement that was designed to provide unwarranted hype... And it has.

It's all unwarranted hype at this point. This whole preseason exercise in trying to figure out the pros is a giant crapshoot. Obviously Evan doesn't have the exact hands of Calvin or Fitz or anyone else. No player matches up with another player ever. So maybe it was a bad example, it wasn't my statement but what I took it to mean was "he's got very good hands." Does he have Fitz's hands, no. Neither does Antonio Brown or Michael Irvin. Only Fitz has Fitz's hands.

Jarvis Landry has the Robot Devil's hands. Unfortunately, he moves like Nixon's head.

(If we're speaking hyperbolically, might as well go all-in.)

I guess I am in the minority here, but I absolutely love this guy and think he is the 2nd best WR in the draft. He can catch well over both shoulders, and can grab jump balls with the best of them. He is still pretty raw, and I think most of his problems can be fixed. He plays faster than his combine numbers, and has showed some yac potential. I will admit some of his drops were very easy passes, but I don't think he is the next Troy Williamson. Oh, and I'm a big FSU homer so take it fwiw.

FSU WR Kelvin Benjamin 17 pounds overweight

By Chase Goodbread

Florida State wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin had a strong pro day Tuesday and -- according to NFL Media senior analyst Gil Brandt -- might have helped solidify himself as a potential first-round pick in the NFL draft.

But the good news for Benjamin wasn't without its damper.

Benjamin weighed in at 242 pounds, and told tallahassee.com that he's 17 pounds heavier than where several NFL clubs would like to see him.

"They have what they want receivers to be, about 225," Benjamin said. "It wouldn't hurt if I dropped this weight and got down to 225. I think I would be faster, be more deadly."

That's not an insiginificant amount of weight, and Benjamin was actually two pounds heavier Tuesday than he was at the NFL Scouting Combine last month. Given that Benjamin did only the vertical jump, short shuttle and position drills at the pro day, and stood on his other combine numbers, it's a fair presumption that he has no plans for a subsequent pro day workout. That means if he's going to show NFL teams a slimmer, trimmer look prior to the draft, he'll have to do in it private meetings/workouts with individual clubs.

Still, Benjamin carried the weight well at the pro day and, if only a few clubs mentioned a concern about his weight, most others more than likely see no issue.

The last thing he wants, though, is for one of the teams concerned to be looking for a wide receiver in the latter part of the first round, where he is most favorably projected to be chosen.

Follow Chase Goodbread on Twitter @ChaseGoodbread.
Yikes, sounds like fat Mike Williams all over again.

WR Kelvin Benjamin's weight a concern for some NFL scoutsBy Bryan Fischer

As a result of teams looking to copy Seattle's "Legion of Boom" blueprint, there's been quite the buzz about some clubs looking for bigger cornerbacks in this draft. That has naturally resulted in other teams looking for bigger receivers who can handle that size in press coverage.

Whether it's Mike Evans going in the top 10 or some under-the-radar options being looked at in later rounds, it seems like coaches are taking size into consideration with receivers more than past drafts. But is there such a thing as too much size? NFL Media analyst Charles Davis thinks that might be the case with Florida State's Kelvin Benjamin.

"Mike Evans and Kelvin Benjamin are, in a lot of ways, the same guy," Davis told 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh on Tuesday. "But, I do know that a number of scouts and personnel people like Evans a lot better really for this reason -- he doesn't weigh over 240 pounds. 240-pound receivers scare the heck out of NFL personnel people because when you do your studies, and you go back and look, name the 240-pound receiver that was -- forget All-Pro -- that was productive over a period of time. They just really haven't. He's not out there."

This wouldn't be the first -- nor last -- time a prospect's weight came up as a red flag for scouts. It's rare for it to be a wide receiver, though, and that's what Davis hints at regarding Benjamin.

The 6-foot-5, 240-pound receiver does carry his weight well, however, and certainly represents a mismatch for most defensive backs and linebackers. He's strong and most teams love what he can do in the red zone after a productive career in Tallahassee. He does lack the top-end speed you look for in a No. 1 receiver, but nevertheless has the tools to be considered analyst Mike Mayock's fifth-best receiver in the draft.

For teams picking in the bottom half of the first round, there's simply no more intriguing option at wideout than Benjamin because of all this. That red flag about his weight no doubt weighs heavily on evaluations, though.

It's an interesting knock considering one of the hot topics this NFL offseason has been the debate regarding the New Orleans Saints' Jimmy Graham. He received a franchise tag as a tight end but of course claims he's a receiver and wants to be paid as such.

In some ways it could help frame the conversation around Benjamin. Graham is 6-foot-7, 265 pounds and, while faster than the Florida State product, still has that big frame. Maybe a few teams will simply view Benjamin as a smaller tight end that stays flexed out. A few others won't and that's likely what prompted them to say something to Davis.

As Benjamin visits with teams over the coming weeks prior to the draft, we're sure he'll be trying to alleviate any concerns about his weight as teams dig deep into what he can do at the next level.

Follow Bryan Fischer on Twitter @BryanDFischer.

I am skeptical of any articles knocking a guy who's stock has been increasing like his has. I'm sure some of the teams at the bottom half of the first would love to get a shot at this guy.

Rotoworld:

FSU WR Kelvin Benjamin "blew off" a workout with an NFL coach who made a "special trip" for the visit, according to NFL.com's Gil Brandt.
Per Brandt, Benjamin said he was "too tired." We aren't sure if the specified coach was a head or positional coach, but this is not positive buzz. Benjamin was slow to develop during his time at FSU and broke out on the scene during his 23 year-old redshirt sophomore season. He still had lapses in concentration, which led to a drop rate over nine percent.

Rotoworld:

FSU WR Kelvin Benjamin "blew off" a workout with an NFL coach who made a "special trip" for the visit, according to NFL.com's Gil Brandt.
Per Brandt, Benjamin said he was "too tired." We aren't sure if the specified coach was a head or positional coach, but this is not positive buzz. Benjamin was slow to develop during his time at FSU and broke out on the scene during his 23 year-old redshirt sophomore season. He still had lapses in concentration, which led to a drop rate over nine percent.

I've thought it all along but this confirms my belief he'll be a bust.

Rotoworld:

I've thought it all along but this confirms my belief he'll be a bust.
I agree. I think he's the one that's still sitting there mid to late round 3

Florida State WR Kelvin Benjamin blows off workoutBy Andy Fenelon

In an interview last August, five months before he would catch the game-winner in the National Championship Game for Florida State, Kelvin Benjamin labeled himself "lazy," admitting that he "didn't have a good attitude" and took "plays off."

Since then, there had been nothing but praise for the wide receiver's work ethic. Until now.

According to NFL Media analyst Gil Brandt, when an NFL coach recently went to work Benjamin out, the wideout told the coach "he was too tired" and blew off the workout.

Not good news for someone who's weight was recently called into question by NFL Media analyst Charles Davis.

We checked in with two NFL scouts that cover the Southeast region of the country and had compiled notes on Benjamin through interviews, including one-on-ones with the receiver. Both said work-ethic and attitude issues surfaced in his first two years at FSU, but he seemed to turn things around last season.

"I think he really understood that he wasn't going to succeed on talent alone," one of the scouts said.

One scout, after being told of the story of the blown-off workout, speculated that Benjamin's agent might have given him the advice, perhaps not wanting his client to work out for a team at the lower end of the first round because he might have heard he'll go higher. It's a good theory considering the ACL-tear injury suffered by guard Brandon Thomas during a recent workout for the New Orleans Saints. Limiting workouts, especially ones deemed unnecessary by some, limits exposure to injury.

NFL Media analysts have Benjamin going anywhere from No. 22 to the Philadelphia Eagles to No. 32 to the Seattle Seahawks in their mock drafts.

NFL Draft Prospects: Kelvin Benjamin big on size, small on details

By Neal Coolong  @NealCoolong on Apr 3 2014, 10:04a

Florida State wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin is a man among boys.

Literally, in a sense.

Being held back two grades as a kid would certainly give a guy the leg up over his classmates in terms of age. But his size, regardless of his age, is tantalizing for any team wishing to take advantage of jump ball situations in the red zone, or throwing to a humungus moving target across the middle of the field.

For as big as Benjamin is, he plays the game more in line with someone at the age of his classmates, not as a guy two years older.

This makes him the most intriguing offensive prospect available in this year's draft.

For Steelers fans, the comparisons to Plaxico Burress are impossible to avoid. His long limbs and general lankiness make him eerily similar to the ex-Steelers receiver (and eighth overall pick in 2000). Connecting him again is the fact he's also a product of Belle Glade, Fla., and Glades Central High school, the alma mater of Santonio Holmes. Burress and Holmes are the only two wide receivers the Steelers have taken in the first round in the last 14 drafts.

What's uncertain is whether either of them had the same kind of potential Benjamin does. For as big as Burress was, he wasn't as big as Benjamin. For as smooth as Holmes was, he didn't have Benjamin's power/speed combination.

Look at the size difference between Benjamin and the defensive back. Even with that, Benjamin gets him to bite on an inside move, gets his arms around him and heads to the corner. The play is over before the ball is even thrown, and all he needs to do is secure the catch.

Benjamin appears to be running more toward the back pylon, but he turns himself around, keeping his eyes on the ball and secures it despite the incoming contact and gets his foot down for the score.

This play is very hard to defend at any level, and even if Benjamin got only red zone snaps his rookie year, he could score 10 touchdowns just on the fact he has probably three feet of untouchable height with his arms extended on any even above average height cornerback.

He can be used underneath as well, perhaps to an equally effective level. He has a good true step off the line of scrimmage, little wasted movement, and powers into his route in perfect conjunction with the rub being set up by the tight end. He could have grabbed the ball a bit earlier instead of slowing himself down to use more of his body, but he's still agile enough to quickly square his shoulders and get up field.

You can see his athletic ability in his effort to avoid the hard-charging safety. Just think of this physically. He caught a ball on the move after slowing down a bit, and in about two moves, he's accelerating forward and is nimble enough to cut back hard in the opposite direction and nearly avoid the tackle of a much lighter player who didn't change direction in his approach. His power combined with his agility make him a dangerous receiver after the catch. The Seminoles did a nice job this season setting him up, this play being a good example of it. These aren't difficult routes to run (you see Denver run this frequently), but they can be very effective. Add in his red zone ability and you have a primary weapon outside the numbers for many NFL teams.

He did his share of setting teammates up as well. Again, from the slot, Benjamin destroys an unsuspecting defensive end with a clean crackback block. Out of the GIF, he proceeded to stand over the player for a bit too long, and turned his back to the play, nodding his head, while his teammate scored a touchdown. There's a difference between celebrating and drawing attention to oneself, and, according to the results of the league meetings at the end of March, the league is going to strictly enforce those differences this season.

Not to keep bringing it up, but some might remember Burress's celebration after catching a slant pass his rookie year. He spiked the ball after going down untouched, leading to a Jaguars fumble recovery, and a permanent place in the doghouse of most fans.

Nearly a guarantee Benjamin would have cost his team a touchdown and 15 yards after making a good play.

Those kinds of mental issues will cause concern for a lot of teams.

And so will these. Jameis Winston does a good job stepping up and delivering an off-window throw (his body is pointed outside to freeze the defender, instead delivering a perfect strike at a good speed to Benjamin who got open on a short post. Watch the deep safety react to the back side), but Benjamin tries to catch with his body instead of plucking the ball out of the air. Winston looked the safety off beautifully, and Benjamin had room to run.

Similarly to the second play highlighted, he slows himself down by tucking in to try to secure the catch. That also robs him of hand strength that can lock the ball in, giving him a chance to tuck it away cleanly and continue up the field. This added motion not only slows him down, but it also makes him prone to drops, and in this case, costs his team a chance to move the sticks, possibly more.

Benjamin has an amazing amount of upside, but so many fundamental flaws it's really difficult to gauge what kind of impact he will have. One fear is a team like the Cleveland Browns take a decent passer with the fourth overall pick, and reap the benefits of Benjamin's descent through the first round, pairing what could be in a year or two the most formidable pair of receivers in the NFL.

But general managers have such short career spans, one of the only ways they seem capable of keeping their jobs with the majority of the league is striking it rich with players like Benjamin. Coaching will be the difference between him becoming one of the best at his position in a few years. The physical attributes are clear and obvious and he has a good set of skills to work with. The concentration and focus levels needed to be successful are questionable at this point.

High risk, high reward. http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/steelers-nfl-draft-prospects-scouting-video-2014/2014/4/3/5577500/nfl-draft-prospects-kelvin-benjamin-scouting-film-breakdown-analysis
It is hard to believe much of anything this time of year. However if true these are warning signs.

There are risks of Benjamin not developing to his potential. I think if you pair him with a good QB he can match up to the other WR in terms of production. Or he could be complacent, and never become an impact player.

I cannot dismiss the recent rumors as just smoke, there has been a steady stream of doubt and criticism about Benjamin for quite some time now.

Despite that I have him ranked pretty highly. In part because of him often being projected to the 1st round. If an NFL team believes in him that much then I will likely follow suit, knowing that the player is a higher risk to bust than others. This would depend on what team drafts him as well. Some teams I might question their judgement picking Benjamin more than others.

If Benjamin falls out of the 1st round then I will drop him a tier in my rankings.

If Benjamin were somehow moved to TE that could possibly make him more valuable. If that did happen, would you rank Benjamin higher than Ebron? Would he be the top TE?

It sounds to me like there is something going on in the background with the agent. If he was "tired" couldn't the coach of waited around? It's pretty stupid to say you are "tired" when he could of just as easily made up a plausible excuse. That sounds to me more like he blew him off.

We will see in a month is this is all smoke or not if he goes in the 1st.

This dude could be a pro-bowler on GB, NE, or a few teams picking late in the 1st. I think the earliest he could go is to Baltimore. I like him in Carolina, but without any other WRs he could get double teamed often.

Users who are viewing this thread